Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

Woo boy that doctor is such a inhumane piece of garbage.

I am so glad ET found out early what type of person he is.

• Like 3

eng-sub-ep-9-shall-we-live-toget.jpg?resphoto963285.jpghqdefault.jpg    FIRST LOVE :heart::wub::wub:

It's been said that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever.

That no matter how hard you try that feeling just never goes away...

While waiting for our OTP YH & ET to get to know one another better or at least stop arguing and misunderstanding each other for a moment LOL:lol:

I am enjoying HS & MY's rekindling their relationship and I really love MY's attitude and laughed so hard when she came out of that rooftop apartment with her hair looking fluffed up like it did and seeing the faces of HS's kids standing there and her sassy self allowing them to believe what they wanted and already had going through their minds...

I think what I love about her and made it so funny was the fact that she puts herself out there and kind of made them realize that hey your Dad is still worthy of being with and loved by a woman.  This woman!!!  It just breaks that wall down that children and even adults forget that love isn't something you can outgrow.  That love can be found and attained no matter which season of life that one finds themselves in that age is only within ones mind. 

That it only limits you if you allow it too...

Most of all I love how it shows the truth that if love is experienced it's never really forgotten.  No matter the time, distance or even other relationships.  It's kind of sweet to think that two people whom fell in love at such a young age.  Fell apart not because of the lack of love for one another.  But instead HS feeling unworthy of it and maybe wanting to respect MY's father wishes and wanting her to have more than he thought he could give.  I think he loved her more than himself or his feelings then.  When the truth was and is at least to her I believe that he would have been much more than enough. 

And he alone was all that she really ever wanted or needed...

• Like 11

I really have to catch up missed a lot of episodes. I have been watching Family Honour again. So many dramas so little time.

• Like 3

Seems like ET and YH relationship is improving. I think he found out from ES that YH is divorced.

• Like 6

No preview, thank you ES and SH vents her frustration, hurt to her father HS.  Here is the live recap.

• YH tells ET that she will help him and about ES needing a transfusion.  ET goes to the hospital and gives his blood for which YH & Dr Kang are grateful that ES will be okay.  YH thanks ET and he calls her on the support for his project, she gave him some advice and tells him that she will keep her promise.  Later YH tells ES that ET is a good man & that they should be nice to him.
  • ET hunts for CK who hides from him, when ET goes home he see's CK being extra nice to his sis & niece hence putting him on the spot, though he does know why CK is doing it.
  • SH gives a folder to her boss who asks her why she chose KS as a boyfriend, she tells him a bit as to what KS is like.  He is coming to terms with the relationship between them.
  • Its night, MY has a talk with her "friends" to which they mention about loneliness and its cost, MY states $5.  MY goes home, feeling sad she leaves and visits HS with beer ($5), they had a serious talk.  MY makes a sincere request to HS that they start dating, HS is considering the offer after realizing how lonely he is and it is nice having someone beside him.
  • ES comes home to a celebration of being out of the hospital everyone is happy.  YH treats ET to a meal to give thanks and for future help, its a cutish couple time.
  • YH goes to the Haea's Corp lawyer and threatens' the family after their interference in her life of being blocked - saying if they continue she will not hold back either.  During this time ET visits ES at the hospital child care whereby ES in a interesting way tells him thanks and in her manner questions & tells him that YH is divorced, child support etc.  He is the 3rd person outside of the family to find out all not from YH, this was a strategic move for future pursuit without the feeling of guilt/cheating with a married woman. So thank you ES.
  • ET recalls YH's behavior around him and now understands some stuff.  He calls YH telling her that they need to talk, but she says that she is going to accept the job from CK, I think he tries to stop it but no luck.  They later talk outside of the hospital, YH states her reason for accepting it.  I think with this information ET is wondering if he made the right decision to trust YH.  ET follows YH/ES as they leave the hospital - feelings triggered.
  • YH informs the family that she got a job and what she will be doing.  YH had told SH earlier of her decision, ET and why she decides to forego being a doctor for now stating that her priority is ES whose needs precedes hers.
  • YH starts work, she is happy going to the hospital along with ES.  ET sees them but there is no greeting.
  • JJH finds out DY is working part time and confronts her about it, she states her reasons why she prefers DY being married.  DY asks JJH to believe in her, JJH says okay. Later DY recalls her high school time when she was overweight and being teased by classmates.  
  • MY goes home and sees the stuffed toy in MS's hands, he presses it and it says "I love you" making her happy.

• HH follows MY with the misguided belief of her identity, she sees MY enters her brother's workplace and calls him.  He does not know anything and missed the opportunity to find out the truth.  At the office, MY spoke to CEO Yang about some matters who calls MS in, he is very firm to him which upsets MS but he does not show it.
  • MS now wonders if JH knows the truth about he not being MY's bio child.  MS confronts JH as to the id etc, putting JH in a very uncomfortable spot who denies most of it.  JH quickly leaves the office where he meets DY they talked briefly about secrets.
  • KS's mom is of the rumor belief that MY is a con artist & gold digger, this info she relays to KS who I think tells SH.

• With the upcoming visit of KS, HS is uncomfortable and calls him about it mentioning the mom etc.  KS, I think tries to appease HS as well as had flowers at work for SH who is happy.  They had a private time later.

• The gossiping couple are now operating a coffee shop, SH after the talk from KS goes to find HS (I think), there is talk about cons etc which makes her more upset.

• SH meets her father at his home, she vents her feelings as to his "dating" etc.  HS listens to her but he tells her his side of being lonely, old etc.  Show ends with no preview.

Notes

It just dawned on me that MS/HH have yet to meet, the circumstances have yet to allow that and I wonder when/how will that happen.  I am very happy that ET found out about YH being divorced as that is one major misunderstanding that got cleared up immediately.  YH has nothing to feel guilty about because she is under strict orders not to tell anyone etc.  However, ES as a child is not because YH does not know that her child knows.  ES only knows that her living circumstances has changed and she seems to be a happy child which as YH says is her priority right now.  ET may feel suspicious in gaining support from YH due to the divorce circumstances but in a unique way it could be a blessing in disguise as YH can use her experience/knowledge as a former chaebol wife in getting funds for him as she is familiar with that world.  In addition, she was a doctor so she understands his perspective in that manner, as it appears that due to ES she has not lost that knowledge as she seem to have kept abreast in the medical field.  I think apart from JH, DY is starting to like work as it gives her purpose and has opened a window of an interest in interior decorating/design.  Something we did not know until now.

Have a good week everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Aww, I feel for SH's Team Leader. He has been crushing on her for a long time. I guess she has supported him for a long time, and even saw him getting married and then get divorced. Anyway, he was afraid that as a divorcee, he wasn't good enough for her. However, he had decided that if she turned 40 and was still unmarried, that he would ask her to date.

Hearing SH's reason for liking her boyfriend to be that she likes how he openly shows that he likes her, the Team Leader wishes that he had told her that he liked her as well. I do think SH's Team Leader is a good guy, and might have been really good with and for SH.

Oh wow! MY proposed to HS! MY reminds HS of when she had asked him to date. She tells him that she doesn't want to date him any more. Instead, she asks that they live together! She tells him that he had said that he didn't want to go into a dark room by himself before when he had asked her to come inside when he was drunk, and she doesn't want to be lonely either. Their children are all grown up after all, and how will he live after they've all gotten married off.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 4/17/2018 at 7:52 AM, jeijei said:

Chang Mi Hee has the sweetest and most therapeutic female voice in Kdramaland. I first thought it's just some audio effect when I was watching Black Knight, given her character description and that drama's fantastic elements, but her voice here is as enigmatic as ever. 

HS and MY oozed the most romantic lines so far. My heart melt when he told her, "I suddenly hated going back to a dark room.I was scared.But when I turned around, you were there."

I believe she is the only Ahjumma who can portray an autumn romance convincingly too. Watch her courtship drama with Kim Sang Joong...i cannot remember the name of the drama but it was cute and funny.

• Like 7

First off, I'm not happy about SH's extreme selfishness towards her Dad. How dare she tell him that he doesn't deserve a life of his own, especially when she's planning on leaving him to get married and start her own family. For a heartbeat, I was afraid that HS was giving in to SH's outrageous demands, but fortunately, he came through. Here is a translation of the scene where SH confronts her father. I've included a link to the video as well, but KBS doesn't allow for it to be embedded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcT4CXv3go

SH: Dad
Father: Yes, speak
SH: Just as now, can’t you just live alone? If you were going to meet another woman anyway, you should have done so earlier. When Jae Young, Hyun Ha were young, I was in my 20’s at a good age, you should have done it then. Why does it have to be now? Why are you doing this now that you’re old? I have the right to say these words. After mom passed away, during my youth, in my 20’s, I took care of my younger siblings and lived for Dad. When others traveled and were chasing their own dreams, I was making meals for my siblings. Who lives like I did in this day and age? And, why did I do that? Because it was for Dad who lived only for us!
Father: That’s right. I also planned to live that way.
SH: Yes! Live that way! Jae Hyung, Hyun Ha, Yoon Ha, they’re all trying to be better to Dad as well. So, live just looking at us. Don’t go around hearing dirty things said about you! Just live as you are now!
Father: Okay. Okay. As you've said, I’ll do that. Dad also, after you’re married, and after Jae Young, Hyun Ha, and Yoon Ha move out and become independent, in this house, occasionally seeing my grandchildren, I'll have to live by myself, is what I had thought. Since once they become this age, everyone lives that way. Since when one becomes old, one has to live like that as if dead. But, why do I have to live as if I were dead? Why? Because I’m aged? Because I’m old? So then, if I get ill, do I just live like a living corpse and then die? Does it have to be that way? I also thought that was how I had to be. However, having become this age now, my heart…is still fiercely alive. (grabbing his heart) This guy here won’t age and won’t die. This guy…this bastard…

Go HS! Giving up his first love in a bout of noble idiocy (or practicality for her sake), being widowed at an early age, I think he should take whatever chance he gets at being in love.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

HS and MY oozed the most romantic lines so far. My heart melt when he told her, "I suddenly hated going back to a dark room.I was scared.But when I turned around, you were there."

I believe she is the only Ahjumma who can portray an autumn romance convincingly too. Watch her courtship drama with Kim Sang Joong...i cannot remember the name of the drama but it was cute and funny.

Life is beautiful is the drama one of my favourite dramas. Lee Sang Woo is in it too playing one half of a gay pair.

• Like 4

Glad ET already knows  this early into the show now he pretty much know everything about her  situation.

Everything is pretty much clear up now with  now begins the romance hopefully! :heart:

• Like 2

@stroppyse I just facepalmed at that scene while watchin the raw episode. But reading the translation makes me disgusted by SH behaviour. She's the character i live the least now. The guy she's going to marry isn't any good either tbh.

• Like 5

Thanks @stroppyse for the translation of the last scene it adds impact and I think also will give us a little bit of the SH/HS dynamics.  While I do not like nor support SH's behavior I am glad it happened because for the most part SH has been shown to be the perfect daughter/women willing to do all and sundry for the sake of her family etc.  As KS's mom said SH seems to be too good for KS, wondering why is she with her son in the 1st place and we got a little peak with the fact that her boss was crushing on her - why because SH seems perfect as she was anchor to him on the job.  This scene shows that she is not perfect at all and is human just like the rest of us with some selfishness inside, it also shows that SH has kept all her resentment as to what she "gave up/her desires etc" for the family with the hope of HS taking up the slack when she gets married.  It is a bit surprising that she has not for the most part broken by now. You also have to consider HS's perspective as well because he is old fashioned going by the concept of living & sacrificing for your family etc to never live like you have a heart or alive.  Look at what they did in order for YH to be married into that awful family, legally giving up their connection and existence, when the divorce came out, he did not support it until he spoke to the ex in law and got a peak as to how YH was living.  Look at YH, her ex sis-in-law threatens and tells her that now that she has divorced from the family that she is to live without existence/dead.  The Haea Conglom are constantly threatening and watching YH in relation to this.  There is no justifiable reason as to why YH nor HS should do this.

Now a days this concept is viewed as completely selfish and irrelevant because in essence it benefits no one and is very harmful. Its not wrong no matter the age or situation to have desires, dreams, not be lonely and wanting to be alive just because you have a heart.  What about MS, remember he says that he wants MY to be happy yet in a cunning way has been responsible for her not finding someone per se to be with.  He does not know about HS/MY's "relationship",when that happens s--t is going to hit the fan.  As a long time kdrama viewer and to other viewers I am sure you have seen several of the shows where this happens because in the old fashion concept its the norm like some other things which I wont get into in depth about types of relationships e.g the stigma associated with being divorced especially on the side of the woman, its like they are saying that her worth has been decreased because of it.  SH's boss thought because he was divorced he had no chance with SH hence he did not put his hat in pursuing her.

SH is having trouble adjusting to this new thing about her father, her words are very selfish but in another way typical for that culture no matter their age.  SH/HH and may be YH (ES focused right now) will now be forced to adjust & accept that HS has now made the decision that he no longer wants to be alone, he is alive and is justified in being so.  I remember last week's scene in which HS was sitting in the park -  he told MY that he does not want to be at work nor home, he looked so lonely and sad.  Then MY reached out to him and he got to have fun as HS for a long time smiling etc..  The last 2 episodes just showed that for both parties they were scared and alone, kudos to both of them making the decision to put a stop to that by being with each other. Therefore, I am predicting that this pair is likely to get married before episode 25, they have the misconception of her identity to deal with and MS.  This corrected info will make SH more appealing as a partner to KS's mom who is materialistic.

As for KS, his strength is not only being partially open in his affection for SH but his willingness to support her no matter what because he loves his honey.  KS is no snob either.

My least favorite characters are - CK - ET's in law who is a greedy manipulative bas-ard, to a degree KS's mom  and of course Haea Conglom.  All the others I can somewhat accept because no one is perfect.

Gone for now

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Heh its funny have we having  these typical  romantic scenes  like making him food running to the airport for him between  ET and YH  all for his blood though lol.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chasen8888 said:

Therefore, I am predicting that this pair is likely to get married before episode 25, they haven the misconception of her identity to deal with and MS.

I also think that HS and MY will get married sooner rather than later in this drama. Especially because the drama synopsis mentioned their marriage and how everyone has to adjust to it.

I still think that rather than having a wedding ceremony, they'll probably just go to the Registry Office to register their marriage legally. Given HS' children's reactions, I can see that happening since he won't want it to be traumatizing for his children to have to attend his wedding ceremony nor bad for MY who might have to put up with his children's resistance.

Also, that's the only way I can think of to get HS and MY married off without HS fully understanding how rich MY really is. I don't know if HS would marry MY if he knows how rich she is for fear that he's taking advantage of her in some way. Whereas, right now, he likes the idea of being able to take care of her in her straitened circumstances.

• Like 6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQwmJ1mGRBS00kC8pgzcAtumblr_p6vx6wQSOr1vphwhoo2_1280.png 

I could give you a lot of reasons why I love this drama...

ep9-01.jpg?w=640  But Eun Soo & Anna are my favorites...

I'm not sure if it was the beautiful view of a  Mother & Daughter, YH & ES holding hands while walking and talking and smelling the wind and the trees.  Or if it was watching as ET in realizing about what YH might be dealing with in having no money and being divorced with a sick child.  Him seeming to be filled with concern over the phone and rushing towards her with his feelings of wanting to understand her situation somehow.  Realizing now, how wrong he may have been...

It might even have been the sight of hearing a stuffed animal to MY's surprise saying I LOVE YOU and her acting like she was young again and holding onto a gift given to her by her first love all excited and giddy like jello moving inside of her and that look and feeling of her heart just shaking within...

It could have been any of those scenes that might have been my favorite tonight but if I could only choose one.  It would have been seeing and listening to HS laying out his thoughts and opening up his heart in front of his daughter SH how moving that moment was.   Giving her such a reality check about life, age and the heart.  What does a parent owe a child when they not only have given them life.   Also he was a Father who gave them the best years of his life. And he did it alone a widow taking care of 4 children without their Mother and his Wife.  He gave them not just shelter but a Home full of love and warmth.  Not just food for the body but food in nourishing their needs through encouragement and sacrifice.  Not to mention his two arms that were always open willing and waiting to wrap them up within his love...

I understand how SH might feel but I believe if for one moment she could really see and understand how lonely he might be.  Than maybe she could see beyond herself and allow him his own happiness with her blessing and understanding in setting him free. 

In being in love herself realizing how important and priceless love between a man and a woman no matter the age...

Can be... 

• Like 6

Sorry.  Nothing has really happened.  Nothing.  

RichLady & Shoemaker aren't any closer to boom-boom time.

RichLady's going to live in Shoemaker's house?

Shoemaker's moving uptown?

DrDaughter... is boring me to tears.

EldestDaughter should marry her boss, which may happen.  That other guy is just...lame.  And his mom has probably burned through several brooms.   

BratDaughter is just an awful pain-in-the-patootie BRAT!  

This series is S-L-O-W and getting nowhere. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Preview for Episode 13.  I hope link works.

http://m.vlive.tv/video/68331

Spoiler

선하(박선영)는 효섭(유동근)의 남자로서의 진심을 듣곤 당황하게 되고, 효섭의 4남매는 아버지의 연애 문제에 있어 의견대립을 보이지만 유하(한지혜)는 효섭의 편을 들어주며 위로해 준다. 자한병원에서 본격적인 업무에 돌입한 유하는 은태(이상우)의 외로운 처지를 알게 되고, 은태를 챙겨주면서 조금씩 가까워진다. 그러나 찬구(최정우)는 예상치 못한 유하의 보고서...

There isn't Eun Tae in preview :(

On 23/04/2018 at 11:09 AM, dramaninja said:

I like how ET was being petty to ES lol

Me too :D appealing in their own way.  Enjoy their scenes.  Looks like Eun Tae will fall for Yu Ha first. 

On 23/04/2018 at 1:56 AM, hyall said:

Life is beautiful is the drama one of my favourite dramas. Lee Sang Woo is in it too playing one half of a gay pair.

I remember her.... she was really entertaining in her role in LIB. She had her really funny laughter.  Sang Woo was really good in LIB too.  They didn't have any scene together in LiB.  I wonder if they will have a chance share a scene in Marry Me Now. 

• Like 3