Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

Tonight’s preview is somewhat confusing.. especially the part when BY is talking with JW. I wonder what happened. Dr. Ye would probably come to BY and will admit his feelings for her while MH is also decided to confess his true feelings for BY.  

But yeah, todays episode was full of realization of Dr. Ye’s true feelings for BY. 

So who do you think guys is the main lead?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, meandjw29 said:

Tonight’s preview is somewhat confusing.. especially the part when BY is talking with JW. I wonder what happened. Dr. Ye would probably come to BY and will admit his feelings for her while MH is also decided to confess his true feelings for BY.  

But yeah, todays episode was full of realization of Dr. Ye’s true feelings for BY. 

So who do you think guys is the main lead?

aww.. u mean Minho did nothing in this episode?

• Like 3

The preview felt like a race, especially the part were both JW and MH seem to want to confess to BY. BY's like ... you both rejected me so I'll be with HSJ this time around. Buhbye! LOL

On a serious note, I love love love JW finally taking action.. .after 10 episodes! XD Good luck winning her back JW. I'm still rooting for you though I wouldn't say no to a nice jealousy-induced scenario. Kekeke. 

• Like 9

Episode 11 is the window. JW will have to act fast or MH will have his chance. I know MH doesn't mean to because he's only aware of the fact that JW already rejected BY, but as an audience rooting for Ye, it felt like he was conspiring to do something bad. LOL I know he means well and he has feelings for BY. After these two confess, the ball will now be in BY's hands. 

Can we have HSJ ask BY out on a date? Can we have him be a patient for two episodes? Can I have his address? Please! :lol::tongue:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, emsel said:

I'm not a poem person but the way the writer/director chose to spin it in the story makes this slice of life drama a gem. IMO, I feel every episode has a "don't jump to conclusions"

Exactly, @emsel! I think poetry is a special way of using language that makes us see things through a different perspective and that's also what this show is doing with us viewers. This series is showing everyday life through a poetic view. I really enjoy the balance between the comedic and the poignant scenes. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@triplem you know it suddenly struck me that I don't recall if Ye knew MH liked BY. Both poems were good today. But the 1st one is better.

Guess it won't be sorted this week. But on the other hand, Ye is sort of killing me with his heartbroken eyes today. Which is saying something since I still recall his sleazeball behaviour in FoS. The actor- still don't know his name- is so good.

But seriously, did he even KNOW he liked WBY that much? Cos' he seemed to have gone from this totally cool guy to a guilt stricken  and lovesick man today. Just from lòoking at his expression.

Good point. I don't think he was aware of MH liking BY...but he does now. And oh a little jealousy will do him good. In my opinion , she left an impression on him the first time he picked up the patient's feedback note (appreciation card) at the end of episode 1 and it just grew slowly from there.  I just think that he has shut his own feelings down for so long that he did not realise that he's become fond of her .

Lee Jun Hyuk is a good actor. Very diverse - check out the Naked Fireman . It is 4 eps KBS special . He was so cheeky there and was the male lead. And here he had a cameo in a TVN special (manager B and love letter) very swoony...I

Spoiler

Welcome to the thread @emsel ...no kiss tonight...heartbreak only...in spite of many vocal Ye Liners here...all ships welcome. Me and @bella1025 are jumping over to the 3rd line - the Ha Line :D

@meandjw29 Who is the male lead? It depends who you ask...if you look at TVN's programme page Lee JH's name comes first. And in my Ye-niverse...he is ...but the Shin Line will think differently :tongue:...

Just a note...these guys wrote Drinking Solo...and there were really not many kisses or skinship...

13 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

aww.. u mean Minho did nothing in this episode?

He was a sweetheart and tried to comfort her.  He and Nam Woo took her to the beach. He bought stuff for her to eat. In the preview he looks like he is going to start reading Poetry.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

i cant help but watched the raw today,  even without knowing what they are talking about, but i can understand their  feeling bu their acting haha..  ,  i think writer is trying to confuse us who is the lead , but today episode , more or less i think Ye Line will ship strong . Even BY with MH + friends , she is still can imagine herself with  Dr Ye ,  when u like someone so much ,  u definitely wish that everything u do right now , the one who u love will be by your side to share the happiness with him .  Dr Ye need to let BY know that he also has feeling towards her.

Can't wait for next week episode.. hope writernim don't put any more cliff hanger..

• Like 7

Jumping ship to the Ha line~  Ocean liner, here we go~ 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

As a Yeliner, felt like we've been experiencing drought for so long what with the denial and obliviousness from JW. And HSJ's back looked like all the water I can drink.. bathe with--, I err.. see.. yes SEE.

I cannot believe we'll have to wait another week to see HSJ, and ... episode 11. I'm so thrilled that JW is finally doing something. Just no to accidents, drama. That confrontation scene in the preview was soooo emotionally-driven... I really felt BY's heart breaking and JW's plea for her attention/time. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I have nothing much to say right now. But I want to say, Lee Joon Hyuk's voice when he narrates the poem is so :wub::wub: I'm gonna rewatch it again before sleep :phew:

Wow the fierce battle between both guys next week... I think it will be Bo Young's turn to reject both of them. Fair and square, right :tongue: (just kidding) 

Or will the time Dr. Ye confess to Bo Young is the same time Min Ho wants to confess?? :blink: Well, the second lead usually have to see the OTP being happy together. You know, that's the cruel fact in K-Drama...

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, jellybing2009 said:

i cant help but watched the raw today,  even without knowing what they are talking about, but i can understand their  feeling bu their acting haha..  ,  i think writer is trying to confuse us who is the lead , but today episode , more or less i think Ye Line will ship strong . Even BY with MH + friends , she is still can imagine herself with  Dr Ye ,  when u like someone so much ,  u definitely wish that everything u do right now , the one who u love will be by your side to share the happiness with him .  Dr Ye need to let BY know that he also has feeling towards her.

Can't wait for next week episode.. hope writernim don't put any more cliff hanger..

but is not it a little normal that she still thinks of JW? since she was in love with him.
But I'm still not convinced that BY will end up with JW.:blink: I hope a surprise.B)
I mean he seems distant from her, and on the other side Minho is getting closer. It would be hard for JW to have a romantic relationship with her when she is so close to Minho, both physically and mentally and yes I know she is close to the others but it does not matter.
Especially as most have already here, writers emit a confusion on which boys is the male lead (I know that the majority is for JW, he is very sexy humm, sorry lol:blush:)
This is just my analysis, I could be wrong, if there are really 16 episodes soon the end, we will fix:ph34r:

Edited by marrez1
double post
  • Like 2

I just saw a comment on YouTube that said "I saw a comment in Naver that pointed out the one who is taking care of Ha Seok Jin and the one whom he asked about boyfriend is Dr. Kim instead of Boyoung because of the hair color :") Dr. Ye might misunderstand it and got jealous tho ㅋㅋ". And after rewatching the preview again, i found out that the hair color is brown!!

If so, the preview now makes sense. BY was accompanying Dr. Kim to Ha SukJin. and then Dr. Ye overheard Ha SukJin ask if the docter has a bf already or not. He then got mad/jealous and did something that embarrassed BY, which is why BY got mad at Dr. Ye. That's why BY was upset (I think she was saying how she originally thought that Dr. Ye was openhearted/nice? (not sure about this) -> so basically she was upset that Dr.Ye embarrassed her in public unlike how he usually is), which is when MH told BY this was the right time to commit to letting go of her feelings.  And after Dr.Ye thought the past events that happened on that day & rethink about his feelings, he decided to meet BY and confess to her? 

Well.. This is my theory based on the preview & the comment from YouTube. But for now, this is the one that makes most sense to me. I'm pretty sure that BY would try (yet fail) to forget about Dr. Ye though.. for her past love with MH, MH didn't really do anything nice to BY and instead took advantage of her. On the other hand, Dr. Ye was always unconsciously protecting & appreciating BY, which is why she fell in love with her. This is why I feel that BY's feelings for Dr. Ye isn't really infatuation anymore (after episode 5) but like/love. On the other hand, her feelings for MH was infatuation because she liked him because of his looks (nothing really substantive).

What do you all think? What's your theories for ep. 11?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

@marrez1 i feel that too , BY is getting closer with MH , but to me she would not think that MH will like her at this moment, even that hug from MH was caused her feeling awkward too. So i expect no kiss scene till ep 12?  coz it is very weird for either JW + BY  or MH + BY would have a kiss scene.  On the other hand , JW definite changed from EP 1 till now after he met BY and he feels good everytime BY sent him poem.  If there is no cliff hanger on ep 12 , then we would know who is the one got to confess to BY ? haha i dislike this kind of " dont know where to head " feeling . I will be very sad if JW is not the one to be chosen..   coz i watch this drama because of him from the beginning .. i am happy so far that he got more screening time than before.. not just a " normal" second lead

• Like 6

@gracebkk I'm digging your scenario. Dr Ye's so self-righteous at times that he might actually make that mistake and jump to conclusions. He did say that it's not impossible for anyone to fall in love at first sight with BY but he's also a stickler for rules, so it is a possible scenario. Feelings with heaps of misunderstandings.. will often lead to confrontation. Hope your theory's right! :D 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

On the site note,  actually i never had this feeling before that i dunno who will be the male lead / the one the female lead will choose..  this drama still hang me in the middle of guessing till now.  Is it because  LJH is not a "strong" male lead  ?  what if Dr YE replaced with other actor eg Lee Joon Gi, Park Bo Gum , even Ha Suk Jin etc .. will that be a different story ..

Just my silly thought .. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@triplem, JW's poem

After you left, the rain started coming down.
Softly.
After you left, the rain started coming down.
And, the rain coming down
Gradually changed into a downpour.
And on a bus driving through that rain,
you sitting inside it
with a worried face,
comes to my mind.
I thought my heart was slowly becoming nothing but sores.

To people,
there comes a time when words of any kind can’t give consolation.
Sitting with a blank mind,
Looking vacantly outside the window, or
Even though sleepy and lying with your eyes closed,
As if your clear-thinking consciousness had become a separate part.

After you left, the rain started coming down
On every road that took you away.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 6

@stroppyse thanks for translating the poem! that's such a beautiful & bittersweet poem... is it now safe to assume that this poem expresses his inner feelings for the whole episode today (namely after JW found out about the dinner thing, and then BY crying the whole day, and then BY telling JW to not be nice to her anymore)?

• Like 5

Hi everyone, 

hope you don’t mind jumping on board now! I was curious about this drama because when it started airing it was relatively low-key but now it seems a lot people really enjoy it. I started episode 1 with mild curiosity but ended up watching 9 episodes straight :smiley:

I think I haven’t seen Lee Yoo Bi in anything before but she’s won me over in episode 1 already. She’s like a ray of sunshine, awfully cute but not in an annoying way. Because I’m over sensitive I tear up quite easily so she’s a character I can relate to a lot. Overall she’ perfectly cast!

Up episode 9 I was quite sure a main lead is Min Ho. It looked like a classic story of a guy who falls for a girl once she got over him. But seeing your posts about episode 10 make me doubt. I like both leads a lot, so I don’t mind BY ending with either of them. We have 6 episodes left, maybe Min Ho still hasn’t showed us the best of him yet.

Usually k-dramas heroines end up with a less compatible guy. They usually choose more immature one over a perfect second lead. I think that’s why for once it’s so exciting not knowing who she will end up with.

• Like 2