Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

1 hour ago, wayer said:

I'm having fun looking at Dr Ye suffering heartaches yet, again. Ha ha ha. 

Me too. Suffering heartaches means that one is still alive, right?:wink: These very uptight and stiff types (Dr YE) once they fall in love, they tend to be very sweet. 

You can call me a masochist, but I actually like that in dramas. Because I think that all those tears and suffering, and all that angst, will be paid with lots of endearing scenes in the end. :wub:

• Like 5

To see so much emotions from Dr. Ye makes me sad and uncomfortable since I always see him as 'advice robot' :joy: But yeah, this guy should let his emotions all out after shut it down for a long time. Hahaha.. Good luck, Dr. Ye.

Poor Bo Young. Getting rejected for 2nd time. But don't worry, this 2nd time will come to you soon... B) He just needs a serious wake up call. And yes he got it in next episode (heartache) :tongue:

• Like 8

Thanks all and thanks @stroppyse for preview ep 9---you are the best! I am not worthy! 

@sophielleann  I did try to do that BTS a while ago, when I did finish, soompi somehow no longer had my draft. So I got traumatized and did not want to redo the 1 hour of wasted time (though I must admit I was sorely lacking in my translations for that particular BTS clip---these are harder than regular drama clips actually.).  Plus the audio is so low and my reading in Korean is not strong. So sorry. TT

So I had to watch the whole episode raw. Wow. Yup so the "ring" confession scene from JW was her imagination. 

Ok trying my best to give you the jist of the info. As you know, I am no pro like @stroppyse. So thanks for bearing with me.

JW says he cannot make the dinner tonight as he has something to attend regarding Sling Therapy.

Basically from what I gather in this scene,  YMC is planning to quit to go somewhere else. So before he goes, he wants to have a meal with everyone . Due to this opening, he says this is a chance for BY to be a full timer once he leaves. He will give a strong recommendation for her before he goes. He says some more stuff something about 'blah blah were excuses" but once I leave you can immediately by hired by the hospital. You worked so hard. This is good news for you. BY wants to tear up. Everyone get back to work.

From afar, JW is looking deep in thought.

JW goes to YMC's office (who is sitting deep in thought himself) MC looks surprised, what is the matter.

JW --there is something I wanted to say. Is the reason you are going to another hospital due to hearing I was offered your positoin? (I think?) 

MC--what non sense are you talking about?

JW--Though it is true I got the offer, I did not plan to accept the position at all. (not sure of the rest but along the lines I don't want you to feel bad?) 

MC-Let me give you some advice. (not sure the whole of it something along lines??? ---like you say JW, no worries?! I am fine and I just want to work. So don't worry about my sitiuation.)

JW-Ok I got it.

MC-Oh JW, before you go there is one favor I have ask of you. (He talks about you heal people etc not sure what?). Then he goes to talk about embracing and understanding the staff (?) .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Here is the next clip

(Yang Myeong Chul) MC-In particular SW (Park Si Won) please take care of him, in your eyes he might seem not so great (hopeless?) BUT he is a man struggling raising baby twins with an ill mother living with him. He is a person who has alot of burdens on his shoulders.

JW-Looks out of the doors at SW who is writhing in pain think for some minor injury to himself?

YJ comes behind BY and gives her back hug screaming loudly "Congrats BY!!!!!" Now it seems like this time you really can become a full timer! Plus MC said he would give some good words for you (Two thumbs up while looking at BY)  then adds JW and not sure what else she says here plus adds aegyo at the end.

BY--Why are you like that.

One of the interns (short haired) Si Eun -Why are you like that ? It is good (for you.) Finally you get to be a full timer beyond contract worker. Lucky.

Bun sporting intern -Yoon Hee- Exactly/right.  When we end our internship we want to working (not sure contractor or as full timer?) 

YJ--claps her hands and says in agreement---yeah that is it.. Something like this and BY should also get her hired. Now it seems like a done deal?

BY--What do you mean. It is not even confirmed yet.  But seeing MC leave I am a bit saddened.

SE---what do you mean you are sad (about MC leaving?1) Per MC words, it is not like he was fired. He knows he is leaving.

YJ-You got a point. Now (looking at BY) Now you can put down  your heart and work hard as you have roots now in this hospital to stay here a long time. (Then she pinches BY's cheek.) You must love it beyond belief.

BY-No no, I am not going to have dreams of this future not just yet. Then she summons NW and MH for bedside PT meeting. She then cutely hops away leaving them.

YJ--what ? She said she is not going to (?) then says something and hops up and down mimicing BY

BY is giving PT to a older lady with her daughter seated beside her with MH and NW observing. BY says something but calls BY ajumma. (OMG seriously?! Are her eyes blind?!) 

NW and MH share a smile and chuckle after hearing Ajumma.

The daughter of the patient says---what do you mean Ajumma?! This is BY is always giving you treatimg, didn't you know?

BY--Oh it is not a problem. Usually it seams I am (??? blah blah).  She asks the patient if her waist is ok.

The daughter says something due to your care she is well and was able to leave the hospital. But she was worried.

BY-Worried about what?

The daughter---she was worried she would not able to see (you BY) anymore. Didn't like she is not able to see the person who is taking good care to heal her.

BY -what ?

The daughter adds something about BY might change hospitals (?) 

BY--No worries, I will be here for a long long time. (She says with a smile.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

MC-brings in a cup of coffee to JW in his office.

He closes the blinds for the door and JW comes over and opens them again. (MC happens to be outside of JW’s office door. Then he cowers (obvious he doesn’t want MC to see him in JW’s office).

JW---What are you doing?

SW—well actually if MC found out I got you coffee, then there might be a problem.

JW-Want me to give you some advice, you should be taking care of MC first. Says something & you don’t know.

SW-Gets up and closes the blinds and walks up to JW. What do you mean I don’t know. Truthfully I don’t know about good conditions/situations (?) for you. 

JW-no. Something along the lines to take care …?

SW is walking away in the hallway in a daze.

MC—(when drunk) said to JW well if there is a chance I am fired, then blah blah  I ask of this favor of you. 

JW (VO) as SW is walking in daze. He made that favor that night and again he asked for me to do that favor “especially” in regards to SW. (Regarding watching out and take care of SW and be understanding of his struggles/situation.)

SW happens upon MC whose back is facing him.

SW runs to MC saying his name (title) and a little teary eyed. At the same moment as SW wants to back hug MC. MC drops his pen and proceeds to bend down to pick It up.

So both men collide and fall down. (Embarrassing.)

SW crying still trying to back hug his shoulders and MC is like—what is going on?!

MC—gets up—What is up? What is going on?

SW bows to MC. I am very sorry. I alone thought  I was injured (????? Blah blah) But MC you are so kind even to the end worry and care about me. I heard ALL about it from JW.

MC looks a bit embarrassed. Oh no worries. Those are some words I wanted to say. So do it for your family,  blah blah live your life  (?) Now I am going to another hospital and living “???” (Don’t know the adjective describing how to live his life here) So let’s work hard.

SW-Yes. Thank you as he moves in for a hug (A long one at that).

MC-Smiles and wraps around his arms---oh that is a such a long time since I got a hug from my wife . It is nice. Like my wife..

(Then SW is hugging too long even for MC who now is struggling to get out of SW tight embrace)

MC—Ok we are good. Stop now. (He struggles a few times and finally flings him away from him)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

NW, BY and MH are trying to go up on the elevator.

(They are talking about going up but BY mentions stairs)

Seems like MH is not having it.

BY tries to make it a good idea saying it is good exercise for them.

By-- Let’s go. (I like how she said -let’s go. Cutesy aegyo way---first heard it in the just ended Eulchacha Waikiki that style of speech. ) She runs away all happy towards to the stairs.

As NM is smiling, MH says---wow BY is totally happy (on cloud nine).

NW—Of course since she has the prospect being a full timer. Ok let’s go too.

MH -All right.

BY is skipping down the stairs (OMG I am fearful she is going to fall on her face). As she is running down two steps at a time.

BY literally almost falls but MH grabs her by the back of her lab coat.

The boys save BY from hurting herself.

MH—You should be more careful!

BY-OH I thought I was a goner there. (then she smiles and laughs)

MH—Why you happy?

BY-What?!

MH-Well you are really  you are so happy you are not aware of hard times. Is it really that good in regards to being a full timer.

NW- Then should she hate it then?

BY smiles brightly at MH.

NW counts out some stuff (salary ??) and ends with Of course you would like it.

BY-Adds Plus if I am a full timer I will ALWAYS be here for the long term at this hospital so I won’t have to break up (leave) JW.

MH-looks surprised—What?!

NW-wow and blah blah (Full of ?)  So you really like JW THAT much?

BY- well to the level of (liking JW) it’s love

NW makes hand motions

BY- cutely sings a trot song changing words about loving JW (definitely definitely)

NW and MH look as the door to the stairwell opens (BY is still singing unaware) plus she laughs

MH---Ya Its JW.

The smile on BY face is immediately wiped off. She turns around and YUP JW is standing there holding the door looking at them. He blinks and then turns away to leave.

BY—Oh my, she asks since when and what did he hear?

NM-I am not really sure. Then sings the trot song melody and repeated what she sang.

But definitely he heard that for SURE.

BY in shock has to sit down on the step.

BY-I am crazy. (I am going crazy.)

Our poor BY so awkward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Our poor BY, I was cringing in embarrassment for her.

BY is talking to herself----how do I deal with JW. What do I say? The “love” I was referring to was not the one between a man and a woman. It is the love with an innocent mind?? Or should I just be honest and tell him?! I love you.

As she turns the corner, she bumps into JW.

BY busts out suddenly “I love you JW.”

(As in the previews)

JW looks surprised and BY shocked at herself and her outburst to cover her mouth.

He looks at her as she is looking surprised at herself. She gets herself together.

BY-What you just heard, it was not that it is not the  truth/sincere. Just something I was saying ?? So if not  but now if I don’t have this chance to say (directly to you)  I really /sincerely like you. (Only opportunity to say this to you.)

JW looks surprised and speechless and looks away. Then looks at her. Let’s BY, let’s talk about it later.

Then JW walks away.

BY looks stunned. She turns around to look at the retreating JW ---he is thinking of rejecting me?! Then she touches both her cheeks in embarrassment. What am I going to do?

Our boys NW and MH take BY away from where she is standing.

DB consulting with the kid---tells him to not do something again.

The kid patient---ok yes .

(Did he swallow something he shouldn’t have swallowed)

DB-Ok get home safely. Bye.

HJY-is looking at the extra (something is swallowed and stuck in the esophagus.)

He says something to DB an DB answers it is not easy to raise a child, right?

JY-Ok I am going to a VIP patient now.

DB-You are going to the VIP?

JY -says something about someone with big status and big deal person  (in the VIP).

DB-gives praise-Our JY JY Is to the level now to go to the VIP to help out.Wow.

DB -as your sunbae/mentor who should I feel now.  Should I feel grateful? Should I feel Proud? (He goes back and forth in his usual fashion all the while JY leaves him.

• Thanks 4

This clip is HILARIOUS definitely our lovely BY's crazy imagination. Full of heart balloons, handsomely attired JW, and to my boys in Infinite to their song off their first album in 2011 ---내꺼하자 (Be Mine) 

* their MV

JW is looking cool standing there not facing BY.

BY is walking up shyly to JW.

JW says- Why did you confess to me? (Very polite language to her) Then he looks at her---I am very very upset/angry with you.

BY looks down and says oh. Oh so that was the case.

JW-Ok can I give you some advice. (Says something blah. ) Confession, I should be the one to have done it first.

He snaps his fingers to end with small heart in front of her face.

BY looks at his hand with the mini heart and it goes up with her eyes following them.

A big banner is unfurled from the side of the building.

New hire (?) BY , I love you! (She conveniently is cute and wearing the same sweater she is wearing talking to him (so def her imagination).

My boys song from Infinite “Be Mine” comes on.

BY is looking in disbelief at the banner then smiling ear to ear.

Then JW walks next to her (from behind) and snaps his fingers with a fierce expression on his face. Gazillion two different tones of pink heart shaped balloons are released.

Then JW calls her Therapist BY , then changes it to more casual/banmal BY (He always called her respectfully  Therapist BY)  I like you too.

He holds up a pretty ring (box is opened o show it). You are mine. (LOL)

BY happy  and overcome with emotion covers her mouth.

She grabs the ring box from him and gives an aegyo look to a smiling dotingly at her JW.

Then BY does her signature fluttering her hands on the onset of tears that threaten to fall. (This time it is happiness.)

Back to reality, she is fluttering getting emotional but she is in the cafeteria with NW and MH.

BY-I am overcome with emotion. Even though it seems to sound like very impossible words.

NW-Why do you think it is impossible? (then blah blah not sure what he is saying but trying to make BY feel better )

BY-I hope so and wish it to be too but I should get ready if I am rejected.

NW-how about something else you should get ready for…

BY-What else?

• Thanks 4

Another vivid imagination scenario ---this time a riff off the Oscar Winning film --La La Land

Kudos to the stars having to dance in this scene 

BY has starry background and JW walking in front her and they are dancing together

JW is looking at her and doing dips and just gliding about with beautiful starry background

BY is playfully hitting NW oh Yahhhhhhh

NW be careful (I think his alligator again)

BY -Oh Sorry

NW-Totally definitely seems like a green light. When things are going well with JW. At this hospital you will be hired, and then later you will be his wife. Ends it with punctuated and emphatic saying her name out loud.

She laughs. Hits NW arm, I don’t know.

BY loved what NW said and is smiling too gleefully .

Meanwhile, MH is not happy as he looks on at retreating BY.

NW—You promise right? Oh she likes it. Aigoo.

Looks at MH, I am sorry. I was not able to hide it I was a bit much (not sure blah blah).

MH-I doesn’t matter. As I told you before, I wish for BY to be happy.

NW-eh you are trying to look cool.

• Thanks 4

JY-His boss hands him something, weren’t you going to complain?

(The guy talks about report /things blah bah  write in detail and then go apologize to the VIP)

JY-What did I do wrong that warrants an apology from me? The VIP did it first (blah blah).

Mgr---yells at him---So you want to work like this?! The patient is a VIP ! (If something happens to the hospital are you going to take responsibility?

DB—So you mean you have to apologize?
JY is filling out the report with a sigh.

DB-Isn’t it the case that the VIP should apologize to you first right? Blah blah who got hurt blah blah.

They are discussing what it would be ideal with the VIP but that is not the reality/case . anyway I got to go and apologize now.

DB-My poor JY (as he leaves the office)

NW walks over to MH and places one ear bud into his ear

NW being silly saying blah blah about another guy

MH-drags the ear bud out of his ear---what are you doing?

NW---what ?! Then he is like blah blah  Good song for someone who likes a girl and the boy likes the girl to listen to

MH-get lost, go

NM has to sing some words of the song to annoy MH.

MH ---stop blah blah

BY is working at her desk. She thinks over what NW said, if he said to talk about it later. It means green light.

BY is looking at JW with soft eyes  of longing. Then drags her chair and herself to the window to continue to stare at JW.

• Thanks 4

Just a few quick notes on some of the questions in your scene translations.

2 hours ago, Nodame said:

MC-Let me give you some advice. (not sure the whole of it something along lines??? ---like you say JW, no worries?! I am fine and I just want to work. So don't worry about my sitiuation.)

JW-Ok I got it.

MC-Oh JW, before you go there is one favor I have ask of you. (He talks about you heal people etc not sure what?). Then he goes to talk about embracing and understanding the staff (?) .

MC is telling JW not to make rash assumptions. That MC is leaving because he wants to be where they need him and will value him, so JW should stop worrying about him. However, MC tells JW that he had heard that JW would be free to keep get therapists that he likes for his department, and asks that none of the current staff be fired.

BY-No no, I am not going to have dreams of this future not just yet. Then she summons NW and MH for bedside PT meeting. She then cutely hops away leaving them.

YJ--what ? She said she is not going to (?) then says something and hops up and down mimicing BY

BY has said that she wasn't going to drink the kimchee broth already, which is a Korean way of saying that she wasn't going to count her chickens before they hatch, or as you phrased it, that she wasn't going to dream of this future as yet. However, then she skips away happily. So, then YJ says that she thought BY had said she wasn't going to drink the kimchee broth, but then she's skipping with joy over it and mimics BY.

BY--Oh it is not a problem. Usually it seams I am (??? blah blah).  She asks the patient if her waist is ok.

BY says that she knows she has an older looking face when she reassures her patient's daughter that it's okay the elderly patient called her ajumma.

57 minutes ago, Nodame said:

NW counts out some stuff (salary ??) and ends with Of course you would like it.

BY-Adds Plus if I am a full timer I will ALWAYS be here for the long term at this hospital so I won’t have to break up (leave) JW.

NW says that her salary will be increased, she'll have job security, so of course she would like it.

BY does add that she will be able to stay at the hospital, so she won't be separated from Teacher Ye. However, I don't think she means it as breaking up.

Though, NW then says that BY is being very open about liking JW in front of him, and asks if she really likes Teacher Ye that much. BY responds that if she likes him this much, then it's more or the order of love (rather than just liking).

25 minutes ago, Nodame said:

A big banner is unfurled from the side of the building.

Banner says:

Full time employee Teacher Woo Bo Young! I love you.

27 minutes ago, Nodame said:

BY-I am overcome with emotion. Even though it seems to sound like very impossible words.

NW-Why do you think it is impossible? (then blah blah not sure what he is saying but trying to make BY feel better )

NW says that JW is a blunt talking advice machine, so if he hadn't felt something for BY as well, JW would have advised BY immediately to forget about it, but the fact that JW had said they should talk about it later meant that he felt something for BY as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

NW—I am sorry. I was not thinking just only that YMC dropped off his card to pay for the night’s food and drink.

YJ- Says some things blah blah (not sure)

SW-Takes offense (blah blah person) MC is not that type of person. (Maybe thoughtless?)

YJ-What are you

SW-MC thought he was going to be fired after hearing that his position was going to go to JW. Now you all do what you want.

YJ-Is that true?

SW-Luckily, JW refused to take MC position. But how did you think MC felt after hearing that in his heart.

Everyone has the grace to look a bit embarrassed.

SW knowing you are in that situation blah blah . (Not sure about the rest ---something wanting to take all of us with him? )  Even when he was leaving he wanted to take care of BY. So you say he was thoughtless??! How can you call MC that kind of person?

(SW I am glad you grew some balls and defended MC to the staff.)

JW is going to his car and receives a text. Something about the students really liked his presentation (?)

Then he looks at his list of contacts and decides to call BY.

JW scrolls through her poems to him. Now with a fresh perspective.

Man’s voice VO ---Someone sincerely liking you and you sincerely liking someone back, you should find that type of person /soul mate. So there is no woman like that (in your life)?

• Thanks 4

@stroppyse  YEAH thanks for the clarifications and answers to the parts I did not know.

Yeah I heard kimchi soup but I did not know what it meant in that context.

Translations is hard work. YEAH I appreciate you going over and filling the blanks for my MANY questions. Also thanks for being you and so helpful and encouraging.

Greatly appreciate you @stroppyse :wub:

I do appreciate all the characters

MC for his care to his staff even though he was planning to leave.

SW finally grabbing balls and standing up for MC. 

MH trying to look out for BY and though not loving she likes JW, he wants her happiness first.

YJ she is sweet to BY and wanting her to be FT employee. But I agree with her to want to not think it is a done deal until it is a done deal.

Situation with JY having to apologize to the RUDE VIP ticks me off. He was rude to JY first saying he looked young, did not have skill experience. Wow seriously? Plus due to the fact he is VIP JY has to write a report and apologize. GRR I felt bad for him

Almost end of my work day and leaving but TVN added a few  more clips. Not sure if I can get to them.

By now subs will be out soon.  Translating is hard work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I watched the raw version a couple of hours ago. And did not read any spoilers. Sometimes it is the best way to watch a Kdrama. My heart hurt for Ye.

Romance happens half the time because of timing I feel. If only he did not get the phone call. He would probably have started something with WBY that night.

The preview gives me hope. I do hope that drinking session in the preview is early on.

Now if only I can hold off watching the subbed episode till tomorow. But have a strong feeling I won't be able to wait for the subbed episode again.

Kdrama always manages to make such small moments beautiful. Ye looked so vulnerable. And I felt so bad for him. Yet at the same time I feel so pleased he does have feelings for WBY. That is so satisfying as I was still unsure if he liked her. Lol.

• Like 6

That’s the irony @ck1Oz, him rejecting her and seeing his subsequent expressions has made me certain he likes her too. I was still iffy about his feelings before this even after the whole candy cotton scene. 

In some ways both Min Ho & JW are now on equal grounds to vie for BY’s feelings. At the end of the day, she may not even end up with either :lol:. But hey this Ye-liner is going to keep the faith. Don’t fail me now Jae Wook . 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

What is the song which was playing at the rejection and bus stop scene? I think i am going to get my friend to translate it. The lyrics are beautiful and the melody so soothing. Plus I need to find out who's the singer.

But yeah the lyrics are so sad.

@triplem yeah you're right. I didn't even know he even genuinely liked her until today. I rewatched the preview a few times since. Yup apparently I like a suffering guy. Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I hope Bo Young >< Full-time position ship sails. She’s competent, diligent and caring for patients. If I were her, I think I can’t even spare any time other than on getting that full time permanent employment. -_-

Dear Min Ho, Thank you for being there for Bo Young, for listening to her. You being there makes a great comfort to Bo Young after the long rowdy day *patting MH’s shoulder “you’re doing good””

@Yeliner: it gonna be a long rowdy ride. Why was the La La Land ost was chosen when there are so many other songs? I assume you guys all know the ending of the 2 main characters’ relationship......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverandever said:

I hope Bo Young >< Full-time position ship sails. She’s competent, diligent and caring for patients. If I were her, I think I can’t even spare any time other than on getting that full time permanent employment. -_-

Dear Min Ho, Thank you for being there for Bo Young, for listening to her. You being there makes a great comfort to Bo Young after the long rowdy day *patting MH’s shoulder “you’re doing good””

@Yeliner: it gonna be a long rowdy ride. Why was the La La Land ost was chosen when there are so many other songs? I assume you guys all know the ending of the 2 main characters’ relationship......

Oh yeah. Ye line is in crisis mode right now , there are definitely holes in our ship :lol:

Romance aside , I have come to appreciate this drama very much not just for the love lines . I initially found some characters hard to like & borderline annoying, that I could not find the humour in the story . But after 9 episodes, the characters have really grown on me & I was laughing so hard at all the imaginary scenes . I was angry that Jo Young was looked down on by the vip patient. I was moved by Dr Kim’s story & empathise with her struggles with infertility ( I really cried ) . I felt bad for the chief - it’s just like real life when the organisation looks to replace you with a younger rising star forgetting your service over the years. Even Dr park , as irritating as he is , he is pityful sometimes. He just needs to work hard instead of trying Apple polish the shoes of his superiors. Then there’s mr Alligator- he’s actually a real sweet heart & a nice person even though he’s constantly talking about his glorious past.

Anyway I look forward to how my mr advice robot will break down today . I too have a thing for the broody male lead @ck1Oz :lol:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2