Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

Episode 9 Recap (continued):

The next morning (which I think is meant to be the last day of YC's holiday), BR's dad regretfully informs them that the sea is still too rough for them to sail.

YC stands near the sea, holding BH's painting as BR watches from a pathway above. He lets go of the painting, finally grieving for the love he lost, breaking down in tears. BR watches his back, tearing up too.

That night, TJ goes back to the office to get a document. As he calls Chan-Soo to get access to his computer, he realises that someone is in YC's office. He goes up to see if YC had returned. TJ is ambushed by the intruder and they struggle as the intruder tries to escape. TJ puts up a good fight and barely gets the intruder's mask off, but his glasses are knocked off and he is pushed before seeing the intruder's face. TJ tumbles down the stairs through the glass railing, falling unconscious. 

-End of episode-

Preview for Episode 10:

TR: I don't like Kim Bo-Ra.

YC: Don't work yourself up over this.

TR: Don't steal what is mine.

YC: Why do I always have to be held back by .....(sorry can't figure this out, but it's gotta be the investors or something)?!

TJ?: The problem got bigger in the end.

The news report about a leak in personal data. BR apologizes to the callers about it.

BR: When you're troubled or sad, call me anytime and anywhere.

HUG!! (which TJ witnesses.)

--------------------

Note: There are subplots involving TR and the street artist, as well as Do-Jin and Mi-So. I was going to type them, but I'm not interested enough at the moment, sorry about that. At least there'll be unknown stuff in the episode when you watch, right? :tongue:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Just cant help myself but bring this into discussion !

The ost hard for me male version played when yoochan grieving for his first love’s death (near the sea) had blended so perfectly with the situation ! 

It gave me more meaning than the female version ! 

Touched straight to the heart , i could feel his pain ! 

Dont you think so that the background song (along with the meaning) blended so well with the scene ? !

And I seriously didnt know that MTJ’s feelings for BR was deep !

The angst and jealousy in his eyes in the last ep caught me off the gaurd !

I just thought it’s a random one , but it seems like he seriously loves her so much ! Feels bad for him ! 

• Like 6

Hi all! I had been silent lurker in this forum. After years didn't post or read anything in soompi, Rich Man had brought me here again.

Anyway, I just want to comment about ep 9. Was kinda disappointed actually. I don't know if it is just me notice this cos nobody mention about this, but I didn't feel the connection between EP 8 to ep 9, like something is missing in between. There was no continuation from the last scene of EP 8, like it was not important and they just skipped it (waaeeeee?????!!! :bawling: )  And I was expecting emotional romance between the two leads, LYC and KBR, in ep 9 after what LYC said in last scene of EP 8. But It was not like what I expected. The plot in ep 9 unfortunately is kinda boring, imho. Anyway, I will still watch this drama. I hope it will be better next.

• Like 4

Mmmmm 

well i thought the romance would start within these ep or the coming one but after seeing the preview there isn’t any scope for it !

Seems like its going in the same path as j-drama version ! 

Spoiler ahead -

Especially after hearing lee yoo chan saying in the preview - you said you will come any time when called . Its a lie right ? ! 

Its very similar to jdrama and then min tae ra would ring the bell , he will open the door thinking it’s bora !

And i can smell another kiss scene coming for this pair again ! (Similar to jdrama) 

See writern nim what i would do , if i will be able to witness another kiss of this pair ! Am gonna kick ur butt *#*afjdnckdksbx*..

:angry::angry::angry:Playing with viewers heart !  

Soo pissed off ! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

29 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Mmmmm 

well i thought the romance would start within these ep or the coming one but after seeing the preview there isn’t any scope for it !

Seems like its going in the same path as j-drama version ! 

Spoiler ahead -

Especially after hearing lee yoo chan saying in the preview - you said you will come any time when called . Its a lie right ? ! 

Its very similar to jdrama and then min tae ra would ring the bell , he will open the door thinking it’s bora !

And i can smell another kiss scene coming for this pair again ! (Similar to jdrama) 

See writern nim what i would do , if i will be able to witness another kiss of this pair ! Am gonna kick ur butt *#*afjdnckdksbx*..

:angry::angry::angry:Playing with viewers heart !  

Soo pissed off ! 

If that happens again then I think  writer nim wants fans to actually hate this drama. Bcoz I remember many fans complaining that kiss between mtr and lyc is difficult to take. Even I am finding it difficult to watch mtr and lyc scenes coz the only thing I hated in J version was the triangle love story. This version instead of sidelining it is putting more focus on it and especially dragging the relationship between mtr and lyc. The most difficult part is mtr and lyc are in official relationship we can't even complain when then share kisses or other romantic gestures unlike in J version. It was easy to brush those kisses off coz we could just see it as a distraction. Its episode 9 already I really wanted story to progress well but I just think they are gonna drag it till episode 16 *sighs*

I think I know how the drama will progress from here on since I have watched the J version. But writer nim please surprise me with a kiss scene between leads already. Male lead and female antagonist already shared 3 kisses and may share one more in near future *sobs*. Its 9 episodes already do your viewers and yoo chan bo ra shippers a favour and make them kiss and get rid of the love triangle already Jebal!!!:bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Hey sorry guys! I was too tired and fell asleep so I didn't catch the live stream earlier. I've watched it now and will try to recap some. I'll translate the preview first.

Preview for Episode 11:

YC: From this moment, every one of you here are under investigation.

TJ: This is for Next-In. I'll take care of everything.

TJ: You have to help me out.

TR: Why can't you recognise me yet?

YC: I'll work harder.

TR: Why do you have to work at it, why?!

TJ: Yoo-Chan will leave soon, with Tae-ra.

BR: If the person important to me will get hurt because of me, I'll just leave quietly.

YC: You said you'd come whenever I called you. Liar.

-----------

4 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

Hi all! I had been silent lurker in this forum. After years didn't post or read anything in soompi, Rich Man had brought me here again.

Anyway, I just want to comment about ep 9. Was kinda disappointed actually. I don't know if it is just me notice this cos nobody mention about this, but I didn't feel the connection between EP 8 to ep 9, like something is missing in between. There was no continuation from the last scene of EP 8, like it was not important and they just skipped it (waaeeeee?????!!! :bawling: )  And I was expecting emotional romance between the two leads, LYC and KBR, in ep 9 after what LYC said in last scene of EP 8. But It was not like what I expected. The plot in ep 9 unfortunately is kinda boring, imho. Anyway, I will still watch this drama. I hope it will be better next.

Yeah actually I didn't mention this yesterday, but I was a bit thrown off by the opening scene because I couldn't remember what had happened before. I had hoped for more to that last scene too, like you, since it was a rather BIG confession. 

I feel like they're still trying to stay true to being a remake, and convey the storylines in the J-dorama at this point. Hopefully they'll get the corporate and betrayal shenanigans out of the way and get to the romance bit, which is what we (or at least I) want to watch.

• Like 6

So. Arhhhhh there's a lot that I don't want to talk about today, because they're mostly non-romance stuff, although they do involve all our main characters. The betrayal begins... and I drew an unexpected similarity to BTIMFL again - the word "uri" (us/we) versus mine/yours.

Episode 10 Recap:

YC and BR leave her house in Namhae. YC gets impatient with the lengthy familial goodbye and grits his teeth not to offend the elders. BR's grandma scolds him to treat BR well. BR's brother gets a name card from YC.

Later in the car, YC tells BR to come back to work, and to prepare the presentation for Big File. He says her style is more personable and better to approach the board of directors, compared to his. TR calls. He doesn't answer but talks about BR's confession, "I intend to do well with TR. So don't expect anything from me after you said you like me." BR says she understands and she wasn't expecting anything. TR calls again and YC finds out that TJ was hospitalised. He lets BR off and speeds off.

TJ is fine in the hospital with a broken leg and mild concussion. From the CCTV back in the office, YC sees that it's someone familiar with their company since he avoided all their cameras. YC wants to call the police and investigate all the employees but TJ doesn't want to shake the morale of the whole company and convinces him not to. YC asks if he saw the intruder's face, but TJ isn't sure and says it isn't anyone he knows.

TJ asks YC about Namhae. YC says that he sent off BH. TJ asks directly if he likes BR. YC denies it and tells him not to worry on behalf of his sister. TJ says, "I'm asking on my behalf. I like Bo-Ra." YC is stunned. TJ wants to check if he has any feelings for her, "because if you do, then I'll stop now while I still can." YC tells him to give it a go. They fist bump.

BR visits TJ in the hospital. She tells him that she'll be working at Next-In again, which surprises him. He mentions his confession, and says that he doesn't agree because he doesn't like that she gets hurt by YC. BR rejects him this time, saying that she hopes to keep their present relationship. He is visibly disappointed, and asks if it's because of YC, "Do you like CEO Lee?". BR starts, "Yes.....No... (sighs) Yes, I do." But she insists that her resuming work is not due to him. TJ just says he'll go back to being her Daddy-Long-Legs, since he's a "nice person". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Episode 10 Recap (continued):

TR goes to the street artist, Dong-Ha and tells him that they'll go get his paintings and his name back. They go to the other gallery to confront Artist Park Soo-Gyeol. The other gallery director (Director Min) understands the situation and she does offer the paintings back. Artist Park gets worked up and threatens DH. Dir. Min asks TR for 5 times the price she offered. DH is stunned and rejects it, denying that they are his paintings. Artist Park-the-worm records his denial. DH walks off. TR follows him and tells him to fight for his own work. When he still denies them, she says that she'll destroy the paintings then. She walks back to the gallery and cuts up the paintings, ordering the shocked Dir. Min and worm artist to send her their account number.

DH treats her wound from the cut and says she has a bad temper. TR says that her father told her, "Don't covet what is others. That's greed. Don't steal what is mine. That's righteousness." DH asks who her father is and learns that she's even loftier than he imagined. He reveals that they actually met earlier, 6 years ago in Jeju Island. She had seen him standing in front of "Smiling Girl" (BH's portrait) and praised his taste, saying that it was her favourite from the whole collection. DH reveals that it was the first painting he sold to the worm artist (I knew it looked different! and similar to what DH paints), and that he had been so happy to see his work on display. He says that TR is the only one who acknowledges his talent, and more than once too. 

Back at Next-In, YC checks BR's work. He says that it's too ordinary and she needs to "hypnotise" her audience and be more confident in herself. They have 16 hours. BR falls asleep as it gets later. Wow, YC brings her coffee and wakes her up. BR starts awake. YC says that he doesn't like wasting time on people who won't make it, but he tells her again, "I believe in you". BR laughs it off this time, knowing it's not his line. But YC says sincerely that he means it. BR is motivated and YC tells her to turn on her laptop. She gets scared from the horror images he's put here LOL YC! So when TR comes to pick him up, she sees BR chasing YC and hitting him, while he laughs in mischief.

In TR's car, she asks about BR coming back to work, and describes it as being unlike him to keep someone who's not helping the company. YC replies that BR is useful and he has no intention of sending her off anywhere. TR says that she dislikes BR and the fact that she's always near him. YC tells her not to be concerned since there's nothing going on. But TR knows it's not true, "She's the only face you recognise." 

When they arrive at his home, YC tells her not to wait for him to get off work anymore. TR says she just wants to see him, and asks if she can go in. He rejects it saying that he has an important presentation the next day, and gets off. TR gets off and tries to get sympathy for her injured hand. But she seems to realise that and brushes it off, leaving.

The next day, TR offers DH a residential artist contract for 10 years, taking care of his everything. He likens it to a generous and tempting slave contract, and ultimately asks her to just leave him be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Episode 10 Recap (continued):

In the hospital, the intruder comes to visit TJ. It's the team leader who was fired in Ep 1. He asks TJ why wasn't he reported to the police, since TJ saw his face. TJ thought he wouldn't do it again since his identity's known, and he asks about his 3rd son (in Ep 1, he had pleaded with TJ not to be fired because he had a new child).

TJ limps back to work to catch the presentation on Big File but YC had just ended it with his team (BR, Steve and Team Leader Jang). TJ sees the much simpler, changed interface. YC tells him his new philosophy of being user-friendly and matching the "common" standard, smiling at BR as he says "We (uri) made it." As the team heads out, TJ who saw that exchange, says to himself, "You said "we"... made it."

YC gives a brilliant presentation using BR's PPT to the board of directors, who are unfortunately not truly interested in listening. They were only there to tell him of their opposition to his project, particularly his need for so much money against Taesan who has a similar product (from the leak) and more finances. They tell him to stop dreaming, and leave. YC is so angry that he wants to charge at them but he's held back by TJ and Dir. Nam.

3 of them gather at the office to discuss their options. YC is mad that his dreams are being stepped on, and loses his temper at BR when she unwittingly interrupted, ordering her to leave. Dir. Nam says there's only 2 options: 1. Stop the whole Big File project. 2. Work with Taesan. YC hates both of it. He decides to sell 10% of his 26% stake in the company shares. TJ objects as he'd lose the majority stake. But YC says TJ still has 25% so it's ok if both of them add up. TJ offers to go halfsies - 5% of his and 5% of YC's shares. YC rejects that, saying that Big File is his project, and he doesn't want TJ to take the risk/ responsibility for it. He stalks out. TJ is again upset by this rejection, commenting to himself, "So it was yours all along. I thought it was ours." 

TJ thinks of BR who was upset by YC, and decides to pay her a visit. BR is trudging home when she sees a familiar motorbike parked at her house. YC stands up from the steps and sees her worried face. BR asks what will happen to their team now. YC reassures her that he'll take care of everything, and BR cries. He awkwardly offers his shoulder and holds her, patting her on the back. TJ witnesses this and scoffs at the sight before leaving. 

YC tells BR, "We did a good job today. It was them with the problem." BR feels better with his encouragement, and YC says he thought of her Granny's scary threat. BR says she's motivated and tells him to give her anything to help with and she'll work hard. He doesn't think there's anything like that. She offers, "Other than work then... when you have troubles or when you're sad, call me anytime and anywhere." 

The next morning, richard simmons HITS THE FAN. Next-In is in chaos as everyone sees their client's personal data being leaked in millions. YC tries to trace the IP to no luck. The phones ring non-stop. The news reports this incident, saying that the police are investigating the matter. All the employees are gathered in front the TV, as TJ watches from above. Dir. Nam comes out in a panic and tells TJ to do something. TJ tells him to wait. Dir. Nam is concerned that their company will lose their signboard (? not sure about this, but I think he's referring to YC as he's the face of the company). TJ says the company is fine, since he is here as the CEO. Nam is stunned but TJ says "Isn't it what you wanted as well?"

- End of episode -

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, angelflower said:

So. Arhhhhh there's a lot that I don't want to talk about today, because they're mostly non-romance stuff, although they do involve all our main characters. The betrayal begins... and I drew an unexpected similarity to BTIMFL again - the word "uri" (us/we) versus mine/yours.

Episode 10 Recap:

YC and BR leave her house in Namhae. YC gets impatient with the lengthy familial goodbye and grits his teeth not to offend the elders. BR's grandma scolds him to treat BR well. BR's brother gets a name card from YC.

Later in the car, YC tells BR to come back to work, and to prepare the presentation for Big File. He says her style is more personable and better to approach the board of directors, compared to his. TR calls. He doesn't answer but talks about BR's confession, "I intend to do well with TR. So don't expect anything from me after you said you like me." BR says she understands and she wasn't expecting anything. TR calls again and YC finds out that TJ was hospitalised. He lets BR off and speeds off.

TJ is fine in the hospital with a broken leg and mild concussion. From the CCTV back in the office, YC sees that it's someone familiar with their company since he avoided all their cameras. YC wants to call the police and investigate all the employees but TJ doesn't want to shake the morale of the whole company and convinces him not to. YC asks if he saw the intruder's face, but TJ isn't sure and says it isn't anyone he knows.

TJ asks YC about Namhae. YC says that he sent off BH. TJ asks directly if he likes BR. YC denies it and tells him not to worry on behalf of his sister. TJ says, "I'm asking on my behalf. I like Bo-Ra." YC is stunned. TJ wants to check if he has any feelings for her, "because if you do, then I'll stop now while I still can." YC tells him to give it a go. They fist bump.

BR visits TJ in the hospital. She tells him that she'll be working at Next-In again, which surprises him. He mentions his confession, and says that he doesn't agree because he doesn't like that she gets hurt by YC. BR rejects him this time, saying that she hopes to keep their present relationship. He is visibly disappointed, and asks if it's because of YC, "Do you like CEO Lee?". BR starts, "Yes.....No... (sighs) Yes, I do." But she insists that her resuming work is not due to him. TJ just says he'll go back to being her Daddy-Long-Legs, since he's a "nice person". 

Me when I literally read TJ confessing his feelings regarding BR to YC and knowing that YC was stunned : It serves him right ! Aah yes , seems like he will realize his feelings for her !

And me when i heard he said to give it a go to TJ and gave a fist bump : 

i8Iwt9bMDRmfACRJvpYk-609eyD6CvurIiqGRipZ

Bora yaa , please dont cling on him anymore ! Just play hard to get ! (It’s atleast tolerable to watch) 

Writer nim ; this is for you !

You had streched the 11 eps drama to 16 eps just to go with the same “turtle pace romance” ? !

npK5-Wcsf9v_l4XjrnurKMYU4M475kzU9dXlOCYC

• Sad 2
  • LOL 3

LOl why does it matter what he said at that part to TJ ,when after that he was seen hugging her so thats moot!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I don’t think I will keep with this if something dosen't change soon. Why is she still hanging on to this dude? He don’t respect her or is even particularly kind to her and I honestly have not seen him be more than a cute neurotic over indulged man boy. 

Sorry not not sorry but this is very old school  Like Full house where the heroine is largely passive, cutesy and dimly sweet and the hero is a real jerk, not with a heart of gold but just mean.  

• Like 6