Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Thanks to dylanwangloop for subbing this BTS. It is seriously very difficult to move on from this show after seeing all these off cam moments. I can't stress enough how adorable the whole cast is. I wish they do a movie version with the same cast because I can't get enough of them. Sighhh

Dmn0W04U8AASq8r?format=jpg

yep the old hag she is referring to is didi. LOL. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus what I loved about the cooking show arc the most is that DS is shown as having a lot of pride and couldn’t care less about the people around him. And yet during the cooking competition you see him standing, cheering and clapping for SC with no regard for composure whatsoever. Lol

I also loved that he used this opportunity to not only help SC’s family with a financial situation but this is the first time you see him actually helping SC achieve her dreams. Ugh, that scene where they play cards and he draws on her face is one of my favourite scenes. It’s the first time you see a glimpse of what they would be like as a couple - having fun, being relaxed with each other and being playful. It totally shows the chemistry between them. I think this scene also highlights the difference between SC’s relationship with DS vs. Lei. Yes, Lei would have been the logical choice if you think about it but in this scene, you can see why DS is the better choice. They just jive better. Sure, they bicker and banter and disagree a lot but their personalities add spice to their relationship. It’s what makes them work 

Yes exactly. I agree with everything you said. Don't you think my siggy quote suits this couple very much?? Hahaha. I'm a sucker for this kind of romance where two head strong personalities fall in love and everyone around them thinks that it won't work, but you just know that they belong to each other. Actually they have made Si's character to be a lot less arrogant and more soft, which on one hand is a good thing, but you see in other versions you don't even know why she would fall in love with such an richard simmons. Especially Gu Jun Pyo, he brought nothing but pain to her, but she still wanted to be with him. It's not like she accepts him with all his flaws, which is kinda true, but it's more like she can't help but get attracted to him like a magnet despite very well knowing how much of a jerk he is and the baggage that comes with him if she were to be with him for the rest of the life. Nothing matters though, because they love each other. She knows he will do anything for her even if he is being a douchebag to everyone else  That kind of dynamic is so what I live for. I know it doesn't work in real life, but there is something about seeing such doomed relationship thwarting all the obstacles, both due to internal conflicts and external forces. Haha.

But this Si is very sweet that I was confused why she took such a long time to accept him. But then there are also scenes when he randomly goes and ruins her high school reunion. Lol. I think the writers did a good job of balancing out both the good and bad sides of him. I wouldn't have minded a even more douchebag Si, but I'm happy with what we got. 

• Like 2

@kokodus absolutely. I also love stories like this where the guy does everything for the girl and protects her and takes care of her which DS does so well. There’s just something about a girl changing a “bad” boy that is so attractive. Even in real

life, girls fall for bad boys all the time! Lol but honestly, I’m the type that is attracted to the DS of this world but will pick the Lei because the DS of this world continue to be Richard Simmons. Lol

• LOL 2

So I am watching the original MG having never seen it and the differences are really interesting. Here are my thoughts if anyone is willing to compare them with me:

1. The subtitles are better explaining certain scenes that I saw in the 2018 version but didn't understand, for example the Lei/Jing encounter in the hotel.

2. Barbie should never ever run. She is a terrible runner and it is painful to watch, lol.

3. Without all the extra scenes that 2018 has, you actually see SC's feelings for DMS much sooner in this version. While SC references missing DMS on the Lei date in the 2018 version you don't really feel like she likes him beyond a friend at that point; in this version you really feel that she is torn between her feelings for both early on and that she recognizes her feelings for him earlier.

4. The kisses are much better in the original.

5. The Lei character is very similar in look and mannerisms. 

6. There is less talk about her being unattractive. Is the only issue here her background? They mention SC being ugly a lot in the 2018. Are they joking when the pick on her for this? Personally I think SY is very pretty. But, is she supposed to be less attractive than DMS or is he joking because they never talk about her looks like that in the original version.

7. The accent seems very different to me. Is this true?

8. 2001 fashion in Taiwan was very different from 2001 fashion in the US. I say this as someone who was old enough to watch this then. 

I'm only on episode 10...so more to come. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

21 hours ago, kokodus said:

Thanks to dylanwangloop for subbing this BTS. It is seriously very difficult to move on from this show after seeing all these off cam moments. I can't stress enough how adorable the whole cast is. I wish they do a movie version with the same cast because I can't get enough of them. Sighhh

Dmn0W04U8AASq8r?format=jpg

yep the old hag she is referring to is didi. LOL. 

OMG this is so adorable .. I miss them too

I want to see them in next project too ..

• Like 3

I'm officially the woman who can't be moved and I diagnosed myself with PDD—postdrama depression. 

I've been spending my days watching BTS clips and my fave scenes. Like literally as soon as I get home from work until I go to sleep. I might start re-watching the whole series again at this rate lol.

Anyhow, anyone else here heard that there's undubbed version of MG2018's first 8 episodes? It's somewhere down the underground Chinese forums and I badly want to watch these. Hearing their real voices would be great.  :bawling:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, savingemily said:

I'm officially the woman who can't be moved and I diagnosed myself with PDD—postdrama depression. 

I've been spending my days watching BTS clips and my fave scenes. Like literally as soon as I get home from work until I go to sleep. I might start re-watching the whole series again at this rate lol.

Anyhow, anyone else here heard that there's undubbed version of MG2018's first 8 episodes? It's somewhere down the underground Chinese forums and I badly want to watch these. Hearing their real voices would be great.  :bawling:

That's what I am doing to!!! I haven't rewatched the whole thing yet coz the endless replay of the BTS, my fave scenes and IG/Twitter/Et Al feed checks take up most of my time between after work and family life too LMAO. Must rewatch the whole series or Didi better start filming a new drama soon to cure this. :D

Oh undubbed versions? Kindly share it here if it is indeed true. 

• Like 3

just randomely back to make sure that everybody remembers that doaming si ! the mighty leader of the f4 and sucessor to the doaming hold

is one of the fluffiest cuddliest most cute human being alive around his girl 

i still live for that and here is few of my favorites 

tumblr_pdsh2lMYQu1xzctfeo7_540.gif

tumblr_pcxn1wqiH31rzwtjbo3_500.gif

tumblr_pe93thIV621xzctfeo10_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pe9873LaTH1xzctfeo1_540.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@savingemily Don't worry, you are not alone. I can't move on from this drama as well. I tried watching other dramas, but I still can't sleep without watching an episode or two or simply MVs and BTS videos of this show. Sighhhh. We all are doomed. Lol

• Like 2

I'm really enjoyin' this dorama, but I certainly prefer the original one. One think that I loved about this one and I think it reminds me of the original one is that they show a lot of feelings and you can feel it.I also love Dylan Wang's acting.

Edited by vocenamiscapa

On 9/10/2018 at 9:38 AM, bccem99 said:

So I am watching the original MG having never seen it and the differences are really interesting. Here are my thoughts if anyone is willing to compare them with me:

3. Without all the extra scenes that 2018 has, you actually see SC's feelings for DMS much sooner in this version. While SC references missing DMS on the Lei date in the 2018 version you don't really feel like she likes him beyond a friend at that point; in this version you really feel that she is torn between her feelings for both early on and that she recognizes her feelings for him earlier.

4. The kisses are much better in the original.

5. The Lei character is very similar in look and mannerisms. 

6. There is less talk about her being unattractive. Is the only issue here her background? They mention SC being ugly a lot in the 2018. Are they joking when the pick on her for this? Personally I think SY is very pretty. But, is she supposed to be less attractive than DMS or is he joking because they never talk about her looks like that in the original version.

7. The accent seems very different to me. Is this true?

I'm only on episode 10...so more to come. 

Yes for no 3 & 4, especially for the kiss lol. Compared to 2018 ver, Jerry and Barbie don't have a lot of kiss scene but yeah I agree that they did great in the kiss scene.

5. Vic Zhou did great job playing the cool Hua Ze Lei here. One of my fave scene is when SC woke up after Lei saved her from sauna and then she found out that Ah Si will spend the night with XZ. She couldn't sleep so she asked if she can hold Lei's hand, and Lei said okay. It's just simple but so sweet of Lei because he knew why exactly SC did that. Too bad they didn't recreate this scene in 2018 ver.

6. I also think that SY is pretty and cute girl. Haters are just gonna hate and that's what they will always do :).

7. Abouy the accent, it maybe seems different because they're using Taiwanese accent?? 

Talking about the undub version, I want to see it too! Is it possible that they would also release the dvd with undub version? DyShen have a nice voice, it would be great to rewatch it with their original voice :)

Just for fun, I found this great video with all of the MG2018 Kiss Scenes, shown in chronological order by episode. It was very interesting to see the "progression" of sorts with the Si/Shan Cai relationship. It was also interesting to compare the kiss scenes between the different actors, and how each kiss scene was shot. Seeing them side by side I could definitely detect the director's influence. So, which couple had the best kiss chemistry in the drama for you? And what was your favorite kiss in the drama? Then cast your vote for best kiss and worst kiss for the entire drama. I'm going to need a rewatch of this video before I make my final decision:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rimjayc said:

just gonna leave this one here :smirk:

Wow. 

How fascinatingly perverted is it that DMS/SC can do Fifty Shades too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Just for fun, I found this great video with all of the MG2018 Kiss Scenes, shown in chronological order by episode. It was very interesting to see the "progression" of sorts with the Si/Shan Cai relationship. It was also interesting to compare the kiss scenes between the different actors, and how each kiss scene was shot. Seeing them side by side I could definitely detect the director's influence. So, which couple had the best kiss chemistry in the drama for you? And what was your favorite kiss in the drama? Then cast your vote for best kiss and worst kiss for the entire drama. I'm going to need a rewatch of this video before I make my final decision

I have to agree that the kiss scenes from other couples looked more passionate and hot than those between Si and Shan Cai. But what can I do, I was not one bit interested in looking at Caina and Terrence eating each other up, Lol. I was only invested in Si and Shancai's relationship, so no matter how innocent they looked, I can't help but swoon over their kisses.  Sigh. My favourite has to be the neck tie kiss. Don't even have to explain why I like it, it's the first time Shan Cai made the initiative after lying to herself about her feelings for like 20 whole eps. LOL. Ah Si's shocked reaction was hilarious, boy was totally whipped. LOL. And all those forehead and nose kisses were also very sweet. Like toothaching sweet. Gahhhhhhhhhh I miss this show

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Just for fun, I found this great video with all of the MG2018 Kiss Scenes, shown in chronological order by episode. It was very interesting to see the "progression" of sorts with the Si/Shan Cai relationship. It was also interesting to compare the kiss scenes between the different actors, and how each kiss scene was shot. Seeing them side by side I could definitely detect the director's influence. So, which couple had the best kiss chemistry in the drama for you? And what was your favorite kiss in the drama? Then cast your vote for best kiss and worst kiss for the entire drama. I'm going to need a rewatch of this video before I make my final decision

I was blissfully watching away, exploding with happiness *awww Lei! :rolleyes: aww Daoming Si! * So high on all the feels :rolleyes: ... and then when Caina and Terrence appeared I physically recoiled!

There’s such an emotional disconnect with their story, like they don’t fit the Meteor Garden universe. It’s not their lack of background, because I think I wouldn’t have minded if they had, say, put Caina in a relationship with Tian Ye, even though he is a minor character too. There’s just something that’s incredibly off putting about them. 

It is sad that after Meteor Garden, Shen Yue & Dylan Wang do not have any contact/interaction anymore in any way even for just a bit. And you could really see that they are intentionally avoiding public contact with each other.  

Its just sad that this is the kind of set up they’re having just so for the sake of their careers & TV shows with their next leading partner to avoid issues.

Why do they have to do that tho, its not like the fans can be mislead easily, if they can see them interacting with each other as friends then fans will already happy even knowing that they’re just friends.

I hope they are not really ignoring each other & not holding back just so they will not compromise their friendship for the sake of career & to avoid rumors

When watching my favourite parts (only EVERY night! Haha), I love how after SC says she likes DMS (which means something more Chinese) he is super happy to throw his all into the relationship and take on his role to protect her. I felt that before, even though he did everything for her anyway, he was defensive and argumentative about it, because he was always being rejected and treated as unnecessarily protective. Even when he gives up on them in London, he’s doing it because he wants to protect her, and with everything crashing down around him he isn’t sure how to do it anymore. Sigh. I can’t seem to stop loving DMS! What a perfect man :rolleyes:

• Like 2