Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Hello, I was wondering if any of you knew the name of the sad piano/violin song played in ep.40 when SC talks to DS in London.

• Like 1

Been wondering about the necklace

All DS know is he already throw that necklace before

but in London, when SC saying should she give back the necklace, DS responded saying the all things that he gave to SC is belong to her.

It's a little weird isn't it. DS doesn't know that SC jumping to the pool to look for the necklace.

There should be a warm heart scene when DS found out that SC still keeping it. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Oh! An extended or special episode? did not know that. Well, hopefully there is, because I will look forward to it.

Thanks for letting us know. Do confirm if there is an extended or special episode.

I think they're special clips that will be released in MGTV? I'm not really sure, coz I can't find the post where I've read it :sweatingbullets:

Here are the info/schedule:

Aug 30 - CaiSi Couple

Aug 31 - Meteor Garden Movie Version

Sep 1 - CaiSi's Essence Edition

Sep 3 - Shen Yue & Dylan Wang's Growth Diary

Sep 4 & 5 - Featurette Version

If anyone knows about this, kindly shed us some light lol. TIA.

• Like 3

OMGGGGG THEY RELEASED THE BTS OF THE KISS SCENE AT THE WEDDING IM DYING :heart:

WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Okay, I can watch this on loop lol. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Joining the discussion a little late because I wanted to wait until the subbed versions were available on NF. 

Can I just say that DS was the perfect boyfriend in ep 45? It was the first time he read SC’s thoughts and feelings without her asking. She asked him to come and when he heard it was about XY, he didn’t even complain. He just said that the fact that SC was there meant that she was worried so he wanted to keep her company. It’s totally something Lei would’ve done. It just showed to me how much DS has progressed in their relationship. And not to mention how sweet and patient he was the entire time! He encouraged XY and told SC to just let her get it all out, he even sang and picked out songs for her and not to mention offering her a ride to meet Ximen. Not once did he mock her or complain!! 

I honeslty loved this scene. Such a mature and sweet DS. 

• Like 6

The bts wedding kiss scene is too sweet, really made my day lol. Happy Dao Ming Si really can't wait to kiss his new wife :D

Spoiler

It was a very nice and happy ending, although there was too much unnecesary flashback scenes (and that you-know-who couple that appear again, like seriously? :sweatingbullets:. The wedding scene is beautiful, and it would be better if Shancai's parents and DMF are there too. I love how they show Ah Si and Shancai's life after the wedding. 

I like the ending, but after watched the last episode I think that J ver still have the best ending of all version. 

One think that I love about this version is how close the F5 cast on and off screen are especially DyShen. They like teasing and treat each other like a family. Always love seeing all the bts where they look so happy and have fun but also professional and do their best in every scene.  

About the rumour for the movie with original cast of MG2001, I hope they will make it and it would be great if the story is based on Lei's point of view, just like in the manga.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mouse007 said:

Joining the discussion a little late because I wanted to wait until the subbed versions were available on NF. 

Can I just say that DS was the perfect boyfriend in ep 45? It was the first time he read SC’s thoughts and feelings without her asking. She asked him to come and when he heard it was about XY, he didn’t even complain. He just said that the fact that SC was there meant that she was worried so he wanted to keep her company. It’s totally something Lei would’ve done. It just showed to me how much DS has progressed in their relationship. And not to mention how sweet and patient he was the entire time! He encouraged XY and told SC to just let her get it all out, he even sang and picked out songs for her and not to mention offering her a ride to meet Ximen. Not once did he mock her or complain!! 

I honeslty loved this scene. Such a mature and sweet DS. 

Me too!! I loved this. Just watched 44 last night, still need to watch 45. DS and SC dating dynamic is so cute. It was just so amazing to see how nice he was with everyone at his party even qinghe and lizhen. Seriously he’s come soooo far.

Im not totally convinced with the XM/XG story ending so XM/XY can live. I feel like there was still feelings there between XM/XG even if it was written for them to agree it was over. Also XG seems like the far superior choice lol. I found myself rooting for them more than XM/XY. XY has come off really weird and creepy in her Ximen quest. I’m not buying that her actions have made him slowly fall for her. 

• Like 6

Anyone else missing episode 46 on Netflix today? It’s weird bec it jumps from ep 45 to 47. So annoying!!! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, feliset said:

Me too!! I loved this. Just watched 44 last night, still need to watch 45. DS and SC dating dynamic is so cute. It was just so amazing to see how nice he was with everyone at his party even qinghe and lizhen. Seriously he’s come soooo far.

Im not totally convinced with the XM/XG story ending so XM/XY can live. I feel like there was still feelings there between XM/XG even if it was written for them to agree it was over. Also XG seems like the far superior choice lol. I found myself rooting for them more than XM/XY. XY has come off really weird and creepy in her Ximen quest. I’m not buying that her actions have made him slowly fall for her. 

@feliset I was also rooting for XG. I think it’s bec the show did a better job of developing their story than it did with Ximen and XY. I mean I’m happy for XY but the rooftop scene was a little off for me. Like I get that XG and Ximen only talked about their past but that’s normal given they’ve just met again after so many years. I feel like it was strange that they both decided right there and then that they should move on after 5 years of pining for each other? I wish it developed Ximen and XY’s story better so we can clearly see why Ximen falls for her and why he eventually ends up choosing her. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@feliset I was also rooting for XG. I think it’s bec the show did a better job of developing their story than it did with Ximen and XY. I mean I’m happy for XY but the rooftop scene was a little off for me. Like I get that XG and Ximen only talked about their past but that’s normal given they’ve just met again after so many years. I feel like it was strange that they both decided right there and then that they should move on after 5 years of pining for each other? I wish it developed Ximen and XY’s story better so we can clearly see why Ximen falls for her and why he eventually ends up choosing her. 

Yes exactly!! You’ve just written out everything I felt about that rooftop scene. I get that they had to rush through the plot line to fit it in but it just really felt off to me. I agree they should have developed the Xm/XY story better. Also I think it would have helped if they scaled back XM/XG initial reaction to seeing eachother. When she left to go cry in the bathroom about still loving him so much after all these years, I really felt for her. Then all of a sudden it’s like psych, I don’t love u anymore. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, feliset said:

Yes exactly!! You’ve just written out everything I felt about that rooftop scene. I get that they had to rush through the plot line to fit it in but it just really felt off to me. I agree they should have developed the Xm/XY story better. Also I think it would have helped if they scaled back XM/XG initial reaction to seeing eachother. When she left to go cry in the bathroom about still loving him so much after all these years, I really felt for her. Then all of a sudden it’s like psych, I don’t love u anymore. 

@feliset yes! That bathroom scene really made me feel for her. They also mentioned in the previous episode that she hadn’t dated anyone so it made you think that she’s kept a special place for Ximen all these years and that although she thought she was over it, seeing him again reminded her of how much she really loves him. So ya it didn’t make sense to end it all so abruptly. 

In some ways this version also made XY seem creepy in that she’s so fixated on him beyond logic. 

Honestly, it felt like they gave the Caina and Terrence story more thought and effort than they did with Ximen and XY. 

• Like 4

Just saw this bts on Twitter. I’m dying at Didi apologizing and helping the ghost girl up after everytime he throws her. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@feliset yes! That bathroom scene really made me feel for her. They also mentioned in the previous episode that she hadn’t dated anyone so it made you think that she’s kept a special place for Ximen all these years and that although she thought she was over it, seeing him again reminded her of how much she really loves him. So ya it didn’t make sense to end it all so abruptly. 

In some ways this version also made XY seem creepy in that she’s so fixated on him beyond logic. 

Honestly, it felt like they gave the Caina and Terrence story more thought and effort than they did with Ximen and XY. 

Man, haven't seen the episode yet but I did love Ximen and XG ha in that one like 10 minute clip of their history. REALLY REALLY agree and wish they developed XY + Ximen better.. like..they both are tea experts but you only see XY drinking tea but not discussing it in any way haha... why did Ximen start to really like her other than thinking she was cute and calling her cute and vice versa in the earlier episodes. WHHHHYY do they like each other, other than the superficial ways. Ya, why the heck is she so fixated on him other than his good looks and bad boy images? Why would she want to sacrifice herself in that way for this guy? We know she's had boyfriends before (even that jerk of a one).. Their interactions even in the cabin were just surface stuff and the development starts to bloom but never ever blossoms.. le sigh..it could have been so good esp like in the K-drama version. 

• Like 4

@feliset thanks for sharing the BTS video! Love when he was like “sorry sorry sorry” lol so cute!! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Right???? And when they were talking about missing their once in a lifetime moment back then when he didn't show up on the rooftop, I was just like.. what? But you guys are together now! Come on! Make it happen. It frustrated me just as much as DS's 'lets be happy like this together in our next lives'. lol What about now???

@maisquaredI agree that 10m of XG/XM history did more in selling that relationship than all the episodes they spent on XM/XY.  I think they started off right. I loved their casual interactions in Canada and really loved when he helped her with her jerk boyfriend. I was rooting for them already then. Didn't love him being a jerk himself to her the next times they hung out. That's when it started to go wrong for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

Anyone else missing episode 46 on Netflix today? It’s weird bec it jumps from ep 45 to 47. So annoying!!! 

I just checked my NF and episode 46 is missing for me as well. I contacted Netflix and reported the missing episode. They said that there was a glitch in the system and that they were aware of the problem witth the episode and were currently working on fixing it.  Unfortunately, no information on how long it would take to fix, so we'll just have to keep checking back periodically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Korean version of XY was just more sweet. XY seems one dimensional  here and even though  I have been dying for their romance  it was because of sentimental  reasons  from BoF. The OTP there had really  good chemistry. However that romance there was non existent  so it is good here it ended up as a comfirmed romance. 

I wish I could mash up the favourite versions  of key scenes in the various  versioms to get my perfect MG.

Ep 46 and 47 are working fine for me. Also the  Uni speech was lame. There are so many faculties in the universities  these days  that no hall would fit that many students. Besides what the heck were the F4 good at besides  studies  and playing a non athletic card game? I am addicted to this  whole franchise but even I snorted  at the speech. Because  off hand I can't  remember any famous graduates  in any of the universities  I studied in during their time as a student. To remenber them especially since it is only at the undergraduate  level only.  But then the HYD franchise has never been based on reality so I laugh  at myself when I expect good writing or a realistic drama  from it.

Just wanted to comment that XY didn't  come off aa someone  who would  attract a so- called women  magnet  like Ximen. Nothing about XY stood out except her stalker personality.  But maybe a guy likes a female  who only  sees him as  a god.  Shudder.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

20 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

The Korean version of XY was just more sweet. XY seems one dimensional  here and even though  I have been dying for their romance  it was because of sentimental  reasons  from BoF. The OTP there had really  good chemistry. However that romance there was non existent  so it is good here it ended up as a comfirmed romance. 

I wish I could mash up the favourite versions  of key scenes in the various  versioms to get my perfect MG.

Ep 46 and 47 are working fine for me. Also the  Uni speech was lame. There are so many faculties in the universities  these days  that no hall would fit that many students. Besides what the heck were the F4 good at besides  studies  and playing a non athletic card game? I am addicted to this  whole franchise but even I snorted  at the speech. Because  off hand I can't  remember any famous graduates  in any of the universities  I studied in during their time as a student. To remenber them especially since it is only at the undergraduate  level only.  But then the HYD franchise has never been based on reality so I laugh  at myself when I expect good writing or a realistic drama  from it.

Just wanted to comment that XY didn't  come off aa someone  who would  attract a so- called women  magnet  like Ximen. Nothing about XY stood out except her stalker personality.  But maybe a guy likes a female  who only  sees him as  a god.  Shudder.

@ck1Oz lol I thought the speech was lame too. I think they perhaps wanted to stress the strong friendship between F4 and how it has been the one thing that has helped all 4 of them to get through hardships so they treasure their friendship. I think they may have wanted to say that more than the lessons the students get in university, it’s the friendships and relationships they forge that matter most.  But the execution of this point was weak and so it didn’t leave the impression the show may have wanted to convey. 

• Like 3