Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

I just love how we have shared fandoms by now ! XD

And how can you not relate peter to si ... i mean they are not the same but 

they do share qualities alot of us fancy in here i guess (caring ; soft for their girl , stubborn when it comes to love ect)

• LOL 3

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

I love that part when he goes and ruins her high school reunion because it emphasize the fact that no matter how much of a pain in the richard simmons he is sometimes, she would still forgive him and be with him. LOL. 

@mouse007 I also love that scene when he visits her home for the first time and behaves like the most polite and obedient kid ever. LOL. And their little talk outside where he couldn't even bring himself to ask her out properly. And the best part is when he calls her tiny girl, dunno about others but that was downright adorable to me. I'm restricting myself from going back and rewatching the most early eps because anyways I'm going to rewatch the whole thing when it ends and I wish I don't remember all the details well so that when I watch it for the second time I could fall in love even more. Hehehe.  I know it doesn't make sense. 

@kokodus oh yes! 

"hey, your house is over there tiny girl" :love:

Btw, whatever happened to his butler? He's been gone since Mrs. Yu appeared and I kinda miss him. He seemed kinda nice and I was hoping he'd play a bigger role.

• Like 3

Saw this on Twitter and I had to laugh because it's so true!

P.S. I actually have River on repeat on my Spotify because it reminds me of DS in all his hotness. Hahahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

After they watch the sunset together, when they get up to leave, he takes his shoes and HERS TOO. Isnt it swoony??? Omg I don't know why I find everything he does to be very swoony. God save me. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

After they watch the sunset together, when they get up to leave, he takes his shoes and HERS TOO. Isnt it swoony??? Omg I don't know why I find everything he does to be very swoony. God save me. 

@kokodus you're not alone! I find everything he does for her swoony! When he puts on her hat for her by the bridge and when they have their date in the snow and they go inside the phone booth and he warms up her hands... ughhhhhh kill me! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus you're not alone! I find everything he does for her swoony! When he puts on her hat for her by the bridge and when they have their date in the snow and they go inside the phone booth and he warms up her hands... ughhhhhh kill me! 

Also when he ties her shoelaces....gosh just the way he looks at her melts me every single time. 

So now her mom and dad also doesn't want them to be together. Too bad mom, they have gone past the level of just being ordinary friends. Lol. I hope there will be a scene where Si comes and officially asks her parents permission to marry her. I remember such a scene in the J version and Tsukasa embarrassingly messing it up. LOL. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Also when he ties her shoelaces....gosh just the way he looks at her melts me every single time. 

So now her mom and dad also doesn't want them to be together. Too bad mom, they have gone past the level of just being ordinary friends. Lol. I hope there will be a scene where Si comes and officially asks her parents permission to marry her. I remember such a scene in the J version and Tsukasa embarrassingly messing it up. LOL. 

@kokodus I really hope her mom doesn’t get in the way of their relationship. It’s enough they have to deal with his mom. Plus,  how can she not see that her daughter clearly loves DS so much? She has already endured so much just to be with him and she thinks she can convince her to just go back to being ordinary friends? 

Daoming Si... the kind of guy we all dream of... le sigh... :love:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Of course we had to mention Peter Kavinsky when talking about Protective, caring boyfriends. Haha. 

Ikr??? It's just a small thing and he has done much more things for, but I don't know why that Yakult bottle scene got me like crazy. I screamed!!! Hahahaha. 

@elle_cha Yes!!!! HYD is my very first J drama and I was so hesitant to pick that up because I couldn't imagine anyone else playing GJP. But it was my friend who insisted that I would absolutely love it and it's far better than BOF. Hehe. She was so right!!!! Matsu Jun as Tsukasa is definitely one of the best!!! I can still hear him shouting "Maaaaakino" in my ears. He was soooo loud. LOL. And who can forget his "Humming yay" HAHAHAHA. 

@mouse007 You should totally give the J version another try. It's one of the best. You should also watch the movie. They island arc and the wedding comes only in the movie. It is the most cute, most satisfying love story I have ever seen. And I'm sure you will come to love Matsu jun's Tsuakas. It's hard to dislike the most stupid, most childish, most loving porcupine ever. Hahaha. 

Hahahahaa.... Oh my, that Humming Yay scene was soooooo funny lol. And so was all his bad Japanese scene hahaha. Said NBA instead of DNA :lol:.

Don't forget also the funny backhug scene in S2 that ended with Makino had to move in to his house and became his personal maid. I laugh really hard everytime I watch this scene :D

Who the hell is this Peter Kavinsky by the way?

Already saw the Yakult scene in twitter. It was so sweet. Can't wait to watch the whole eps :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elle_cha said:

Hahahahaa.... Oh my, that Humming Yay scene was soooooo funny lol. And so was all his bad Japanese scene hahaha. Said NBA instead of DNA :lol:.

Don't forget also the funny backhug scene in S2 that ended with Makino had to move in to his house and became his personal maid. I laugh really hard everytime I watch this scene :D

Who the hell is this Peter Kavinsky by the way?

Already saw the Yakult scene in twitter. It was so sweet. Can't wait to watch the whole eps :)

@elle_cha Peter Kavinsky is the male lead in To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before which you can watch on Netflix. It’s the movie adaptation of the YA series with the same title by the author Jenny Han. Give it a watch! 

Can you just imagine them being married and DS giving SC a massage after a long day? Major swwoooonnn

• Like 5

That I didn’t understand. I thought he was recovering from some major stab wound. Why did he look all hale and hearty? And he feigned amnesia to get her to confess out loud? Must be some surgery to have him strategize like that during the time he was supposedly hurt. Heh...drama magic. The drama sometimes moves too quickly much to its detriment. But I also like how it does not drag. The K version had that a little and the TW version was frustrating. 

The short musical they did was pretty nice. I liked the story. Reminded me a little of The Velveteen Rabbit with the toys coming to life and having issues with not being by a child’s side. Shen Yue looked very nice in her costume. The rest too. But not so much Dylan unfortunately  - that boy needs some muscles. Like his hair though - very medieval-knightly...keke.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

59 minutes ago, rocat said:

. The drama sometimes moves too quickly much to its detriment.

I have to agree with you on this. I like the fast pacing but sometimes it feels too rushed. Some of the arcs got over in the blink of an eye. Giving us a little time to truly get invested and feel for what has happened. For example, in all other versions there is a gap between when he leaves for London and when she decides that she misses him too much that she can't wait anymore. But of course here, he left without even saying a word, so I guess she must have felt panicked and had to rush to see whether he is fine. But I would've liked it better if they gave us some scenes of SC brooding and missing him for a few days and coming to a conclusion that she can't live without him. 

Another point. You can see that Si already know that it will be their last date and his mom won't leave him alone until he goes to London. My question is why did he not tell Shan Cai about it?? He could've told SC that he has to leave first and take care of the mom. Because all the while, he was chiding her for not discussing things with him, so I think it is only right that he doesn't keep anything from her as well. After all both of them has been repeatedly saying that they should overcome all the obstacles together. Sighh. 

• Like 4

Presents! Presents for everyone!!! More clips of ep 45! Hooray! :star:

This is literally the best thing that has happened to anyone, ever. 

Spoiler

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa i cant with this fandom :joy::joy:

Can you blame them? This show knows exactly what it's doing...those long lingering looks, the amount of bedroom scenes (I'm not sure who had more, Lei or SC). You know it's a 2018 version when the show is actively shipping these two. Makes me want to watch Guardian after MG2018, heard that cdrama has a cult following.

• LOL 1

Another present!  :star: Happiness to all!! Ahahah

If you put them together they’re meant to be the first 12 minutes of ep 45. 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, rocky689 said:

Can you blame them? This show knows exactly what it's doing...those long lingering looks, the amount of bedroom scenes (I'm not sure who had more, Lei or SC). You know it's a 2018 version when the show is actively shipping these two. Makes me want to watch Guardian after MG2018, heard that cdrama has a cult following.

@rocky689 just checked out Guardian since you mentioned it and it looks interesting. Lots of good reviews too. It’s nice to have some bromance in a drama.. reminds me of the bromance in Goblin

1 hour ago, rocky689 said:

Ho im far from blaming anybody 

and that ship has sailed since ep 1 xD 

(exactly the bed scenes that sixlei had are what sanshai would wish for xD)

also on this weeks episode si litteraly said that Lei is his true love 

im on this ship and wish to see more on the final week 

a good bromance always makes a drama better haha

• Like 1

i can't get over the "ice cream / forehead kiss" scene, I JUST CAN'T!!!!!!! i feel like it was Dylan and not DMS doing that, this stupid shipper heart of mine is starting to be so delusional !!!!!

and that hospital bed scene where he turns her over and looks at her and again that forehead kiss, jesus christ i'll pray to all the gods, to let them be endgame in real life lol 

i need them to star in a drama as sweet as ALSB with lots of touchy-feely moments. LIKE, A LOT OF TOUCHING. xD

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

TBH now that im thinking about it 

it would be amazing to recast didi and shenyue together in a nother drama 

( i dont know if they still do that thing ?!

but i remember when rainie yang and mike he were at their otp prime and after devil beside you . They made them have like 3 projects together or something ! 

And people were here for it)

they both have amazing chemistery on and off screen

@myinnerbattles that london icecream playful kiss was totaly more dyshen than sishai xD

felt like the team just gave them headsup on the script then asked them to enjoi eatchothers in londons streets 

and it feels this way in alot of random scenes in the show if we focus enough xD 

>on the canada trip after they scream « happynewyear »

>when they were sitting on that bench and teased eatch others making ugly faces 

> on the island too you can tell at some moments that its dyshen 

ect ect ect xD

• Like 2