Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

I am waiting to watch the newer eps and while waiting I ve been browsing the bts and previews. The more I watch the more confused I get. But happy to be indulging in the cute moments. Heh. 

About the shippers, I guess they can get pretty enthusiastic. I like the idea of DS/SC but in real life, animated Dylan’s only 19! He’s got a long way to go and he’s just begun. I think it’s great he is giving his best fan-service to keep them interested, increasing viewership and obsession. He makes him fun to watch even for older folks like me. 

• Like 1

In the manga, he casually proposes to her after he gets his memory back then he fills her apt with roses. He has to leave to NY for 4 years cause his dad was dying or something. It’ll probably be slightly different here but maybe the timing will be similar?

for the London date, I feel like the director just told them to have fun. Doesn’t look like a bts to me though. I love me some DS/SC as much as everyone here but I think they definitely try to push the dyshen narrative more than it really exists cause they know the fans suck it up. :sweat_smile:

so I went back and read the chapter with their last date in Japan and I was right, MG2018 really took the levels of fluff and hearttugs way way up. The manga had them grocery shop and making stew at her place. They quarrelled with their typical insults, lots of emotions but no tears..then some guys break in and taze him. I just love how much MG2018 has upped the fluffs and drama everywhere. I can’t get through that hot pot preview without balling. And that London running hug scene? Super epic and I’m so here for it.

• Like 3

I wish Netflix releases three eps today like last week. I'm desperate, please understand Netflix!!!!!!

@rocat hahaha I agree! Animated is the word. I like how hyper he is jumping around like a rubber ball in all the bts videos. Its fun watching the bts. His energy is infectious. 

• Like 2

In terms of the ‘wedding scene’ I remember that scene in BoF where jandi and ji hoo dress up in wedding attire to win a contest. Could it be similar to that? I also feel like it’s connected to the amnesia arc too though, like maybe SC and Lei

dress up to make DMS jealous so he can regain his memories

le sigh, I gues we’ll know soon enough! I am in the process of moving and won’t have internet until Saturday but I keep looking at netflix waiting for updates! 

• Like 1

"Yoko Kamio, author of Hana Yori Dango, posted these modern artworks of Hanazawa Rui and Domyouji Tsukasa in her Twitter. She said that watching Meteor Garden 2018 made her nostalgic with these two"

awww i love that <3 ( is it just me or you can really feel dylan and darren in this art ??? lol)

here is a direct link to her tweet

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, maisquared said:

In terms of the ‘wedding scene’ I remember that scene in BoF where jandi and ji hoo dress up in wedding attire to win a contest. Could it be similar to that? I also feel like it’s connected to the amnesia arc too though, like maybe SC and Lei

dress up to make DMS jealous so he can regain his memories

le sigh, I gues we’ll know soon enough! I am in the process of moving and won’t have internet until Saturday but I keep looking at netflix waiting for updates! 

I have a feeling it might be something similar because both Lei and SC are dressed in white while DS seems to be dressed in his usual clothes. Perhaps Lei and SC are dressed for something other than an actual wedding and DS barges in and scolds them or tries to stop a wedding (maybe this is after he regains his memories) and SC throws her shoe at him for being so "stupid" LOL

53 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I wish Netflix releases three eps today like last week. I'm desperate, please understand Netflix!!!!!!

@rocat hahaha I agree! Animated is the word. I like how hyper he is jumping around like a rubber ball in all the bts videos. Its fun watching the bts. His energy is infectious. 

@kokodus LOL also eagerly waiting and hoping that Netflix releases a bunch of episodes so we can catch up to the RAW versions!!

Dylan's energy is definitely infectious and I love how playful Shen Yue is with him as well. She could just easily ignore him but I love that she seems to reciprocate his playfulness.

I don't think the London date scenes are BTS but I do think the director must have given them some leeway on what to do so that it would seem more natural.

• Like 2

Open at your own risk. Major spoiler

Spoiler

WE ALL GOT TROLLED. AH SI, ANGIE CHAI AND EVERYONE TROLLED US. There was never an amnesia arc to begin with. :joy:

Hands down to the best HanDan version ever:heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just saw in twitter about the amnesia thing......

Like, really, seriously? Do not open if you don't want any spoiler

Spoiler

NO AMNESIA IS HAPPENING IN THIS VERSION??? :o..... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, elle_cha said:

Just saw in twitter about the amnesia thing......

Like, really, seriously? Do not open if you don't want any spoiler

Hide contents

NO AMNESIA IS HAPPENING IN THIS VERSION??? :o..... 

Haha I clicked the spoiler box so fast. 

Spoiler

He gets stabbed though for sure. Maybe they’ll still just use the stabbing to get mama DM to soften up a bit but skip over the amnesia. I wouldn’t mind that at all lol. 

• Like 2

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I didn't have time to go thru Twitter today, but after reading the spoilers I decided not to.

Spoiler

If there is no amnesia then I don't want spoilers on how/what they replaced it with. I'm sure we are getting more lovey dovey cuteness in place of them. So no spoilers. Ohhh please I won't be able to withstand 4 eps of sugary cuteness next week. Hahahahahahahah. 

• Like 3

OMFG OMFG GUYS!!! OMG THE TWIST!! this solidified my love for this version!! I could now really say that this is the best version of all adaptations!! :wub:

• Like 3

Spoiler

Ahhhh! I was thinking last night that there might not be an amnesia arc because there aren't enough episodes left to fully cover everything and still have a happy ending so if it turns out that they scrapped the amnesia arc altogether.. then... gaaaahhh! I can't wait to see what happens!! 

Seriously, I would not mind at all not having the amnesia arc. Nobody liked it anyway. LOL

For those interested in watching ep 43 RAW:

https://taxiasian.com/meteor-garden-f436/episode-43

• Like 1

Netflix only released two eps today. ./cries. We didn't even get to see the full date. I'm just going to go and watch the fansubbed 39. Hrmph. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They’re saying that because there’s no amnesia arc then maybe something even worse will happen.

but who cares tho, as long as there’s no amnesia arc then I don’t have a problem with that, because no amnesia arc means no side chick will come out HAHAHAHAHA.. to think I was stressing over Umi for nothing :lol:

• Like 3

Wow, just wow about the amnesia thing.

Spoiler

Dear Angie Chai and MG2018 team. Thank you for the shortest amnesia ever in HYD adaptation. Now I don't know whether to cry of happiness or upset about this lol :D. After 17 years ago watching the painful MG2002 where SC cry many many times because DMS can't remember her and fall for another girl, now I'm really really happy for this new version. 

The forehead kiss was very sweet by the way. I think SC told him that she thought Ah Si really forget about her. Wish someone could translate the part about what are they talking about before forehead kiss :)

• Like 3

Are you all serious about this news ? ( the amnesia thing) has  it been confirmed by the officialy team of the show ? 

I mean its an iconic part as mush as we do not enjoi it that must ... it leads to other stuff too 

alot of scenes from the bts and pictures doesnt make sense to me now 

Spoiler

As the one where sc is in a wedding dress and throw her shoes back at si 

as in a recreation of their first fights 

it would have made sense with the amnesia ...that would have helped si remember ,, now tho ? 

Im really curious about what major plot they are going to use to close the drama ! 

>A fake marriage between XZ and si like in the anime ? 

>Him being stabbed will soften the mother and she will give them an aprouval ?

>or are we really going to have some 4 years skip or sush where si will leave and comeback as a better man ? 

The only thing thats keeping me reasured is that dylan comfirmed a wedding scene in his interviews and a kiss by the end xD

but the whole pictures with sc lei in wedding atirzs and si casual is just a blur of ideas for me now 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Yes to no amnesia arc!! I think DMS mother is going to still insist on the wedding to XZ. I’m guessing the remaining episodes and angst will probably focus on this. 

@elle_cha I also think the forehead kiss was really sweet! I can’t really translate everything but essentially SC was scared he really forgot her and that DMS said he would never forget her. 

I’m sure subs of that scene will be out really soon!

• Like 3

Is it too much to ask for 4 angst free eps next week?? We have had enough drama. Also any arc they introduce now will be rushed. Sighh. Let's see. Maybe we will see Si and Shan Cai's kids? Bwahahahahaha. Ok I know I know, I'm dreaming too much. Lol.

About todays's subbed eps on Netflix, I never really understood why Si insisted on taking her to London ever since the ramen date, I mean come on, Mommy dearest is waiting for you there, you don't want to go straight into the Lion's den. But now I understand, he wants to confront mom right on face and get her approval to be together with Shan Cai. But Shan Cai was not ready then, sigh. Now she is all ready, she decided to trust Si and follow his lead. But now I don't understand why he left for London alone. Need to wait for more subbed eps to understand what really happened. Sighh. 

• Like 2