Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Ok, so I saw this:

https://twitter.com/wanghediarchive/status/1027419754359705600

And now here's what I think - Lei does love SC and he also love his friend Si. I have a theory that in this scenario, Lei is letting Si know that it's not okay to treat SC that way because he is truly hurting her. At the same time, Lei is giving SC the opportunity to truly take a look at herself and figure out how she really feels towards DS and make a decision once and for all - either go big or go home. BUT, at the same time, Lei is letting DS know that if he decides to really give up on SC, Lei will take the opportunity to go for SC so if DS really loves her, then he has to fight for her. Lei is also telling SC that he loves her and if she decides to end it with DS, that Lei would take the opportunity to be with her. But that if she really loves DS and wants to pursue their relationship, that she will need to persevere because the road ahead for the two of them wont't be easy and she will need to stick to her decision and fight for DS. 

So in short Lei is saying to both DS and SC:

"You either both decide once and for all to be together against all odds or give up and I'll go in the middle."

LOL

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

Lei, so idk what’s going on. Is he trying to help them? Or does he really love her? He straight told Si “I love SC” so that really threw me off. I always thought he was a big brother figure but sometimes the way he looks at her is more than big brother. I’d like for it to just be in the open on what’s going on. We know who SC picks based on the bus scene but what leads up to that? THIS TYPE A NEEDS TO KNOW!!! Maybe he genuinely does love her and realized he made a mistake way in the beginning by picking Jing over SC? But in upcoming episode clips you hear Lei talk about still liking Jing and wishing he didn’t leave?

I'm confused as well on what is going on in Lei's head. I was like WTF?? When he told Si that he is going to pursue SC, and this is coming from someone who has already watched two versions of this same story. LOL. I mean they really didn't show us any signs of Lei developing any feelings for SC and clearly he is not the type of person who would risk his friendship with a lifelong friend to protect a girl. I don't know he did tell Si's Mom that he would protect her as a friend and I would like to believe thats what he is doing now. Maybe he is just doing this to provoke Si so that he would go after SC. It's hard to read Lei's expression on that particular scene when he challenged Si. Ohhh my God my head is aching again, thinking about it all. I can't believe Netflix just left us with Si crying his heart out in the 30th ep.....my poor heart can't take all this. And SC crying and searching for the necklace was even more painful, I've always said that I'm disappointed with SC for not reciprocating his feelings properly, and we finally saw this scene where I felt she truly and dearly loves Si and no one else. She has gotten to the point of no return, only broken hearts are awaiting us. I can't even.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I'm confused as well on what is going on in Lei's head. I was like WTF?? When he told Si that he is going to pursue SC, and this is coming from someone who has already watched two versions of this same story. LOL. I mean they really didn't show us any signs of Lei developing any feelings for SC and clearly he is not the type of person who would risk his friendship with a lifelong friend to protect a girl. I don't know he did tell Si's Mom that he would protect her as a friend and I would like to believe thats what he is doing now. Maybe he is just doing this to provoke Si so that he would go after SC. It's hard to read Lei's expression on that particular scene when he challenged Si. Ohhh my God my head is aching again, thinking about it all. I can't believe Netflix just left us with Si crying his heart out in the 30th ep.....my poor heart can't take all this. And SC crying and searching for the necklace was even more painful, I've always said that I'm disappointed with SC for not reciprocating his feelings properly, and we finally saw this scene where I felt she truly and dearly loves Si and no one else. She has gotten to the point of no return, only broken hearts are awaiting us. I can't even.....

All of you are evil :P :P .. you didn't see my boy cry when hugging SC midst of that grey water :( 

and yes don't worry.. he is very mature.. he will get those elementary school kids together :P :P :P 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

14 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ep 32 raw is released.. subs available only till ep 30.. typically subs for last pair of episodes come out by Friday .. and by my clock in 3-4 hours from now

Well well, the subs won't come out for 31 and 32 unless Netflix uploads them. They have the exclusive rights for this show and hence the subs you see on other sites are actually those ripped from Netflix. Sighhh. 

@enigmatic_zephy I did notice your baby crying in that scene, but I still don't understand how he suddenly fell in love with her. Last time I checked, he said he doesn't love Shan Cai in that way. If he really did fell in love with her, then I think the show is at fault for not showing it to us properly, because it was so out of the blue for me when he said he is going to go after SC now. Ermmm thats why I would like to believe that he is only doing this to bring the kids together, as you said. LOL. 

@mouse007 Your theory sounds plausible, but that will make Lei less in my eyes, because you know I would never understand why anyone would fall in love with their best friend's girlfriend. I know love is blind and all that, but it doesn't sit well with me. It's like he is waiting for an opportunity to pounce on. Once they broke up he swooped in to make her his own. Not nice. Very cheap.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Ok, so I saw this:

https://twitter.com/wanghediarchive/status/1027419754359705600

And now here's what I think - Lei does love SC and he also love his friend Si. I have a theory that in this scenario, Lei is letting Si know that it's not okay to treat SC that way because he is truly hurting her. At the same time, Lei is giving SC the opportunity to truly take a look at herself and figure out how she really feels towards DS and make a decision once and for all - either go big or go home. BUT, at the same time, Lei is letting DS know that if he decides to really give up on SC, Lei will take the opportunity to go for SC so if DS really loves her, then he has to fight for her. Lei is also telling SC that he loves her and if she decides to end it with DS, that Lei would take the opportunity to be with her. But that if she really loves DS and wants to pursue their relationship, that she will need to persevere because the road ahead for the two of them wont't be easy and she will need to stick to her decision and fight for DS. 

So in short Lei is saying to both DS and SC:

"You either both decide once and for all to be together against all odds or give up and I'll go in the middle."

LOL

In all the versions there is this one thing...

While Lei is committed to SC-DS happiness, but like i said he too fell for SC right from the beginning.. its just we could see DS's progression but Lei has always been difficult to read.. and also he was confused because of Jiang..

However, there are some important moments in his life. . which any man would want to do something for his woman kind of moments.. and Lei despite all the pain, does these little things in those moments where he is allowing himself to show his "love"

His music is most important.. and in the starting episode Lei tells a girl that only extremely special people are allowed to hear him or see him play .. in this version, SC gets to see him play when she is super depressed (the whole fiance track and going to hotel).. and this time , instead of letting her hear, Lei actively goes out to search for her, play for her and only for her.. the song he has been practicing for months for his graduation day performance.. and non one else is allowed to hear that ( or basically be audience to it)

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Well well, the subs won't come out for 31 and 32 unless Netflix uploads them. They have the exclusive rights for this show and hence the subs you see on other sites are actually those ripped from Netflix. Sighhh. 

Oh that i know.. but i thought netflix schedule is such that they release it on Friday for the last two episodes by US EOD

@enigmatic_zephy I did notice your baby crying in that scene, but I still don't understand how he suddenly fell in love with her. Last time I checked, he said he doesn't love Shan Cai in that way. If he really did fell in love with her, then I think the show is at fault for not showing it to us properly, because it was so out of the blue for me when he said he is going to go after SC now. Ermmm thats why I would like to believe that he is only doing this to bring the kids together, as you said. LOL. 

He didn't suddenly fell in love... and if you pay attention to his expressions and dialogue and strategic camera positioning, drama gives us clear hint that he fell in love with her quite long back 

See:

1. Him coming back from france - everyone assumed that Jiang dumped him but his behavior and dialogues tell you that he didn't care once he went to france.. and in ep 31-32 he tells SC how he regretted losing that moment because that moment turned into tragedy for him and he lost someone super precious ( aka that was the moment when he lost SC because up until that time everyone knew that SC liked Lei)

2. Him standing up for SC in cafeteria and tug of war with DS

3. The whole outing and him kissing her

4. He really cares about F4 ( one thing Drama clealry sets for us is that Lei is passionate but introvert style, DS is extrovert. and Lei doesn't move on from relationships .. be it F4, jiang.. and lastly he is very very good at hiding emotions and nobody knows the depth unless he chooses to show... In all of this, we see him constantly putting SC above F4 from the beginning

(When they mention the strengths of F4 in game of bridge, they tell you there too how good Lei is at reading and controlling emotions)

I can go on forever.. but in summary, the boy was always in love with her and got infatuated pretty early on when he started sharing the terrace with her

BTW you remember, weeks ago i mentioned these scenes for each character and when they realize or definitely move from one emotion to another:

SC genuinely liking DS - when he lets goons beat him up

and similary i mentioned this water scene is important for both Lei and SC, because this is the scene when Lei realizes that he has really lost SC.. and SC realizes the extent of her feelings for DS

@mouse007 Your theory sounds plausible, but that will make Lei less in my eyes, because you know I would never understand why anyone would fall in love with their best friend's girlfriend. I know love is blind and all that, but it doesn't sit well with me. It's like he is waiting for an opportunity to pounce on. Once they broke up he swooped in to make her his own. Not nice. Very cheap.

Again, if that's the logic you follow.. then DS should be the one who went after the girl who liked his best friend.. and everyone could see including jiang how protective Lei was of SC

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

All of you are evil :P :P .. you didn't see my boy cry when hugging SC midst of that grey water :( 

and yes don't worry.. he is very mature.. he will get those elementary school kids together :P :P :P 

@enigmatic_zephy so your team SC and Lei? Lol. I am just so confused. He hasn’t his chance so many times. Even the scene when they were both in the bedroom together at Si’s house and he sai

21 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@kokodus I’m thinking the same thing  it doesn’t really seem like that is Lei’s style. But maybe when your confronted with a situation you’ve either regretted for not going for (leaving her for Jing) or new feelings that developed while she was with Si it would make you go out of character and sort of primal in a way to get what you want now that you finally have a chance that you never thought you’d get again? I do feel SC and Lei have had more physical contact than SC and Si lol. But like I said in my previous post I feel it’s somehow a way to get Si to fight for her again because Lei seems like he’s the closest to Si with all the sleepovers and chats and Lei seems like he can get threw to him the most (soy milk)  So I hope he’s just playing the cards right and hoping the stars (or meteors hahaha) align and they find love again. Not for nothing though but if I was Si I would have a hard time trusting Lei and his intentions anymore though. It seems every opportunity To capitalize on SC being sad and vulnerable he is there for her. Even with the most sincere intentions I would make SC mine forever to elimate all this Lei business lol. I was team SC and Lei in the beginning with the horrible things Si did to SC when the season started. I have never watched or read anything related to MG2018 so I came in with a clean slate and no prior stories to go on. Now though all I want is all the spoilers lmao  

Not for 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

Ahhh! Did anyone else also only get ep 30 on Netflix today? Where's ep 31 and 32?! I'm dying here... I can't wait to get to 33-34 already! :bawling:

Yes- I only have Ep. 30 in my Netflix.  I went to 2 sites that have raw episodes and it looks like Ep. 31 & 32 are identical content. Someone mentioned in the comments there that the episodes were missing a few minutes of content for each episode and there was something wrong with the files. So I think what might be going on with Netflix is they may be working with the Chinese content provider to figure out how to edit the footage they received to reflect the actual episodes that were broadcast live.  But, I don't know for sure.

Another possibility that crossed my mind is that Netflix is only showing 5 episodes this week in order to not get ahead of China live airing so that it can go back to 6 eps a week consistently. 

It's going to be so hard to wait until next Wednesday!

Also, for the person who asked about the Netflix schedule:

Subbed Episodes are posted Wednesday-Friday at Netflix. It's usually 2 episodes a day to match the 2 episodes a day schedule in China,  for a total of 6 episodes a week, but these past 2 weeks they have only been posting 5 episodes a week because of issues. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent change or not. We'll have to wait and see.

3 minutes ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

@enigmatic_zephy so your team SC and Lei? Lol. I am just so confused. He hasn’t his chance so many times. Even the scene when they were both in the bedroom together at Si’s house and he sai

Not for 

lol .. me .. I am team Lei X DS.. for me this is a complete boy love drama series... :) ( but to be honest i think i am just Dylan X Darren shipper)..

but manga wise, yes pretty much in every version i have liked Lei ( but its not that i don't think DS doesn't deserve SC.. he does.. but Lei just breaks my heart because he could have the girl at any point in time but he chose not to.. and constantly helped the couple through, ofcourse DS's undying sincerity was the pull factor.. ad Lei was the push factor.. )

However, for SC i just feel that in this drama/manga she doesn't exactly makes her own decision. Lei constantly manipulates her - in giving up on him, in accepting DS, in acknowledging her love, in making her compare all boys to DS, in pushing her into standing up for love... he influences her in ways she doesn't realize and for the bigger things in life.. while DS is a very direct, transparent, positive motivation in her life.. Lei is the voice of conscience that is the high maintenance girl in your life whom you have a secret connection with and you depend on her a lot.. and you know that she is always FOR you.. but damn. she will never accept it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Yes- I only have Ep. 30 in my Netflix.  I went to 2 sites that have raw episodes and it looks like Ep. 31 & 32 are identical content. Someone mentioned in the comments there that the episodes were missing a few minutes of content for each episode and there was something wrong with the files. So I think what might be going on with Netflix is they may be working with the Chinese content provider to figure out how to edit the footage they received to reflect the actual episode 31 that was broadcast live.  But, I don't know for sure.

Another possibility that crossed my mind is that Netflix is only showing 5 episodes this week in order to not get ahead of China live airing so that it can go back to 6 eps a week consistently. 

It's going to be so hard to wait until next Wednesday!

Also, for the person who asked about the Netflix schedule:

Subbed Episodes are posted Wednesday-Friday at Netflix. It's usually 2 episodes a day to match the 2 episodes a day schedule in China,  for a total of 6 episodes a week, but these past 2 weeks they have only been posting 5 episodes a week because of issues. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent change or not. We'll have to wait and see.

but why are they removing the audio everytime giving up on you plays?

i can't see what copyright law could make them do it.. they use the rivers song.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

I'M SO MAD AND SAD RIGHT NOW THAT I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE NOW. Seriously my head is aching so much after seeing my puppies in pain. BUT WHERE THE HELL IS EP 31, NETFLIX????? I was not even hoping that they would upload 32 today, but they didn't even upload 31, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I HAVE WORDS AND THEY ARE NOT NICE!!!!! @lan_lan please check and tell me how much behind Netflix is compared to the raws before I go insane and flip some tables here

@kokodus Been busy and just had a chance to check this thread now.  I'm sorry to report my dear that they have enough live footage left to fit into one 31 episode on NF this week.  So basically 32 eps live now becomes 31 eps NF version.  I have a feeling NF will stick to a 5 episodes a week schedule from now on just to stay consistent.  You might just have to go watch the live 31-32 to ease your mind and heart.  Then come here and I can translate for you what you need to know :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

@kokodus Been busy and just had a chance to check this thread now.  I'm sorry to report my dear that they have enough live footage left to fit into one 31 episode on NF this week.  So basically 32 eps live becomes 31 eps NF version.  I have a feeling they will stick to a 5 episodes a week schedule from now on.  You might just have to go watch the live version to ease your mind and heart.  Then come here and I can translate for you what you need to know :)

Tell me how to write a letter to them just so they can know that there is a LeiXDS shipper..

I know director was thinking that when they shot the bed sleeping scene :) 

is there an agency we write to.. or how do you communicate iwth the drama folks

2 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol .. me .. I am team Lei X DS.. for me this is a complete boy love drama series... :) ( but to be honest i think i am just Dylan X Darren shipper)..

but manga wise, yes pretty much in every version i have liked Lei ( but its not that i don't think DS doesn't deserve SC.. he does.. but Lei just breaks my heart because he could have the girl at any point in time but he chose not to.. and constantly helped the couple through, ofcourse DS's undying sincerity was the pull factor.. ad Lei was the push factor.. )

However, for SC i just feel that in this drama/manga she doesn't exactly makes her own decision. Lei constantly manipulates her - in giving up on him, in accepting DS, in acknowledging her love, in making her compare all boys to DS, in pushing her into standing up for love... he influences her in ways she doesn't realize and for the bigger things in life.. while DS is a very direct, transparent, positive motivation in her life.. Lei is the voice of conscience that is the high maintenance girl in your life whom you have a secret connection with and you depend on her a lot.. and you know that she is always FOR you.. but damn. she will never accept it

Of course I disagree with you. LOLOL. I won't say it was Lei who pushed SC towards Si from the beginning. See she first started seeing Si in a different light during that elevator scene, and we all know it has got nothing to do with Lei. Lei helped her when she was having doubts but even without Lei she would have found her way to Si. There is no comparison here, if Si and Lei were standing side by side, any sane girl would pick up Lei and SC also did at first, but eventually she realized where her heart belongs. Lei had many chances tbh, but he chose not to take it or he saw through SC's heart from the beginning and decided to stay away. 

• Like 1

Ohhh @lan_lan You are such a sweet heart. I really didn't want to watch the raws but I'm left with no options now because if Netflix keep this up we will end up being very behind in the coming weeks. Sighhhh. 

@Table122000 Thanks for sharing that recap site. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@kokodus I don't think he fell in love with SC after she became Si's girlfriend. I think he liked her from the very beginning because he kept helping her even though it's been stressed many times that he does not care about anyone else's business. He kept coming to the roof and talking to her even though he's someone who cherished his privacy and alone time. I think his feelings likely deepened in the times they've spent after that but by the time his feelings deepened for SC, she had already begun to like Si and Si had already laid claim on SC which is why I think Lei keeps saying that he "backed off" and supported Si's pursuit of SC instead. I can understand why Lei would be frustrated with Si because maybe he felt like Si is giving up so easily after all the help he's given him.

42 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

In all the versions there is this one thing...

While Lei is committed to SC-DS happiness, but like i said he too fell for SC right from the beginning.. its just we could see DS's progression but Lei has always been difficult to read.. and also he was confused because of Jiang..

However, there are some important moments in his life. . which any man would want to do something for his woman kind of moments.. and Lei despite all the pain, does these little things in those moments where he is allowing himself to show his "love"

His music is most important.. and in the starting episode Lei tells a girl that only extremely special people are allowed to hear him or see him play .. in this version, SC gets to see him play when she is super depressed (the whole fiance track and going to hotel).. and this time , instead of letting her hear, Lei actively goes out to search for her, play for her and only for her.. the song he has been practicing for months for his graduation day performance.. and non one else is allowed to hear that ( or basically be audience to it)

35 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Oh that i know.. but i thought netflix schedule is such that they release it on Friday for the last two episodes by US EOD

He didn't suddenly fell in love... and if you pay attention to his expressions and dialogue and strategic camera positioning, drama gives us clear hint that he fell in love with her quite long back 

See:

1. Him coming back from france - everyone assumed that Jiang dumped him but his behavior and dialogues tell you that he didn't care once he went to france.. and in ep 31-32 he tells SC how he regretted losing that moment because that moment turned into tragedy for him and he lost someone super precious ( aka that was the moment when he lost SC because up until that time everyone knew that SC liked Lei)

2. Him standing up for SC in cafeteria and tug of war with DS

3. The whole outing and him kissing her

4. He really cares about F4 ( one thing Drama clealry sets for us is that Lei is passionate but introvert style, DS is extrovert. and Lei doesn't move on from relationships .. be it F4, jiang.. and lastly he is very very good at hiding emotions and nobody knows the depth unless he chooses to show... In all of this, we see him constantly putting SC above F4 from the beginning

(When they mention the strengths of F4 in game of bridge, they tell you there too how good Lei is at reading and controlling emotions)

I can go on forever.. but in summary, the boy was always in love with her and got infatuated pretty early on when he started sharing the terrace with her

BTW you remember, weeks ago i mentioned these scenes for each character and when they realize or definitely move from one emotion to another:

SC genuinely liking DS - when he lets goons beat him up

and similary i mentioned this water scene is important for both Lei and SC, because this is the scene when Lei realizes that he has really lost SC.. and SC realizes the extent of her feelings for DS

Again, if that's the logic you follow.. then DS should be the one who went after the girl who liked his best friend.. and everyone could see including jiang how protective Lei was of SC

@enigmatic_zephy I agree, in all the other versions, Lei did have feelings for SC and he makes his feelings known to both SC and Si at some point. I just can't remember if he confesses his feelings before or after the amnesia arc.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

but why are they removing the audio everytime giving up on you plays?

i can't see what copyright law could make them do it.. they use the rivers song.. 

I've only watched up to Ep. 29, but the "Say Something I'm Giving Up On You" was definitely playing for me in Ep. 29 and I could hear it. They didn't remove the audio when I watched in Netflix. So, I don't know why you couldn't hear the song.  Are you watching  USA Netflix? That said, I have watched other shows in Netflix and they have changed the songs. For example, I watched Korean drama Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and several of the songs were changed in NF version as compared to original version. My guess is that the liscensing agreement  between the content provider and Netflix  must have some rules about the OST songs allowed, and perhaps the contract is different for each region? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

I found this site with Episode recaps, which I found helpful in understanding exactly what's going on in the drama :

https://wanghedi.livejournal.com/

@Table122000 I've been checking his twitter page and journal periodically as well. He does a good job of subbing and it satisfies my MG craving while I wait for the eng subs on Netflix. LOL

1 minute ago, Table122000 said:

I've only watched up to Ep. 29, but the "Say Something I'm Giving Up On You" was definitely playing for me in Ep. 29 and I could hear it. They didn't remove the audio when I watched in Netflix. So, I don't know why you couldn't hear the song.  Are you watching  USA Netflix? That said, I have watched other shows in Netflix and they have changed the songs. For example, I watched Korean drama Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and several of the songs were changed in NF version as compared to original version. My guess is that the liscensing agreement  between the content provider and Netflix  must have some rules about the OST songs allowed, and perhaps the contract is different for each region? 

@Table122000I could hear "Say Something I'm Giving Up on You" too. I actually thought all the songs playing in the background for MG has been appropriate for the scenes and evoked the right emotions. 

• Like 2

*is not ready to watch ep30 and all the angst that comes with it ,so just looks for more fluffy Mvs on youtube :sweatingbullets:*

For the red velvet fans 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Of course I disagree with you. LOLOL. I won't say it was Lei who pushed SC towards Si from the beginning. See she first started seeing Si in a different light during that elevator scene, and we all know it has got nothing to do with Lei. Lei helped her when she was having doubts but even without Lei she would have found her way to Si. There is no comparison here, if Si and Lei were standing side by side, any sane girl would pick up Lei and SC also did at first, but eventually she realized where her heart belongs. Lei had many chances tbh, but he chose not to take it or he saw through SC's heart from the beginning and decided to stay away. 

sorry which elevator scene? the first date?

Below is the flow of events that i remember. Feel free to correct me.

She falls for Lei, hard. Lei is experiencing confused feelings because on one hand he knows he has always loved Jiang, she is her, he likes her... but on the other hand he is constantly going out of his way for SC , DS likes SC

Lei goes to france, SC still really really like Lei, but has decided to give up on him (because of him scolding her and her own sense of inferiority.. and also the face he drew on the wall was SC but she interpreted it as jiang and lei's reply at that moment is cryptic with expressions supporting it. like he knows its not jiang but let's just go with what SC is saying),  because she thinks she anyway doesn't have a chance with lei and more importantly she really wants Lei to be happy. Lei goes to France. DS feelings are growing.. and the boy truly is sincere in his pursuit of SC

Him standing in the rain.. moves her.. yes!.. sexual tension

However, this in my view was the critical moment, when Lei comes back and takes her on the date.. if he wished to play fair and pursue her, he would have got her ( because at this moment too SC hasn't fallen for DS and still fancies Lei.. i mean come-on she lets a boy kiss her knowing he is not serious about it and basically is playing around with girls to get over Jiang but she doesn't mind it because spending those few moments with him sitting side by side is more important for her ..)

But he does such obvious irritating things..

making her think that he has become this frivolous man who can't even offer her a napkin, making her be the secondary in this relationship.. which basically provides her the stark contrast to the passion and sincerity of DS.. plus it tells her.. no matter what Lei does not see her as a woman and will not..

The other interesting bit is, while DS realizes this better than others (including other two in the F4).. that lei genuinely likes SC but even he doesn't realize the depth of that love. Worse, in the entire manga, SC never comes to know of the truth of what Lei really felt for her.. she always thought he cared for her as a friend and would go extremes ( which is his nature.. he liked one girl for 15 odd years so doing things for friends is not surprising in her opinion)

End of the manga- in future, everyone gets a closure except Lei..or hanazawa rui, if I may. .. he never marries, never falls in love.. jiang comes back to him but he tells her they can just be friends..

And in nutshell, Lei all his life since he was a baby has loved his women passionately but the women never knew how much!

sorry for my rants.. but then i need a place for it :P 

i am not really a Lei X SC shipper.. but i am just lei shipper. like somebody find him happiness in life.. give him true love..  what i really like, and this is rare, he understands SC so well .. that he could become the man she trusts the most and will talk to or listen to.. whose opinion matters to her ( all those close moments when she says that these moments have become more comfortable as a friend.. how much it must have taken on his side to make her feel that.. when he was in agony.. he is happy for DS but still he does love this girl but he hides it)

• Like 4