Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Just watched today's episodes. Had some tears when Daoming Si was drunk and he cried. Yes, it's painful and you cannot forget about it. :bawling:

But I am soo happy the bus scene is coming and yes! We get a KISS! @kokodus I'm as happy as you are, too. I cannot wait to see what he's going to say to her. Huhuhuhuhu. :love::blush:

Soo happy that episode 26 and 27 is both on Netflix. I am dying to see episode 26

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Wotad said:

ima wait for this to finish before watching so i dont have to feel your guys pain. 

Your self-control is amazing. I can do that with some dramas, but not with this one sadly. 

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

DONT TELL ME @lan_lan I ALREADY REGRET WATCHING THAT PREVIEW. I'LL GO INSANE IF I GOT TO KNOW WHAT HE SAID TO HER. I'M STAYING OFF TWITTER FROM THIS MINUTE

why am I typing in all caps?? Tsk tsk. Sorry I guess I got too excited. 

Ahaha, I watched the preview thanks to all the comments. Big mistake especially since I now have to start work. :bawling: I'd say all caps is warranted. He's got an interesting intensity does Dylan Wang. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, kokodus said:

About the excessive advertisements, let me be honest, I would not have  complained about it much, if it was Shan Cai and not Caina in that scene. I know it's ridiculous, but I would watch Si and SC watch paint dry together. They have such explosive chemistry that I would watch anything with them together. If they wanted to have a successful product placement, they should have know who is popular and who will be able to sell it. LOL. Take a hint, producers. No one loves Caina. Sigh. 

:lol: @kokodus yes! I am 100% on board with you! I would definitely rather watch Si and SC watch paint dry together. They do have explosive chemistry and honestly, everytime they have any sort of physical contact, I die inside. I can't handle it!

5 hours ago, marielou92 said:

OMG guys the preview for episode 34!!  :wub: There’s a development in their kiss hahahaha :lol:  at least we’re getting back happy scenes again even for just a bit

Ahhhh! I had to quickly search for it anndddd.. gaaahhh! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!! 

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

On a second thought, I think Si is not going after her because he is feeling guilty about it all. There is a scene in K version when Jun Pyo tells Ji hoo that she is better off without him. He is the one who causes her all the pain. Clearly she wouldve led a peaceful life if she hadn't met Si. LOL. He kept on pestering her in 26 to tell what his Mom did to her. He is worried and anxious, but she said she doesn't want to rely on him too much and he respected her decision. It's amazing, but after seeing his mom go to such an extreme to break them up, I don't think he would have the heart to tell her to be with him and go through all this. That's what I thought, I maybe wrong but I just want them to have courage in themselves and in their love for each other and fight mom together. 

As drama viewers, don't we all love pain though. As much as I love cute and fluffy stuff, a drama is not a drama unless we get some angst. Although it hurts, it hurts good. Only after a good ole angst we will truly feel rewarded when the couple gets together at the end. LOL. 

@kokodus I seem to remember it too. I think in some ways he does feel guilty about causing her so much pain but I think the fact that this is both Si and SC first time falling in love, they don't really know how to handle everything quite yet. I mean, they're both stubborn and inexperienced in love and both trying to figure out what to do with their feelings while having to deal with external conflicts as well that affect the people around them. Si's reacts by being brash, damn the consequences and all and just goes for what he wants without thinking about anything/anyone else. SC is the opposite, she seems to think of everyone else before her own happiness which results in her being an unnecessary martyr.

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

OMFG!!!! HOLY richard simmons LORD!!!! GOSHHHHHH WHO IN THE HELL GAVE THEM AN IDEA TO RELEASE A HOT KISS SCENE AS A PREVIEW??? LIKE SERIOUSLY??? HOW IN THE WORLD THEY EXPECT US TO WAIT A WEEK????

@kokodus I feel ya!!!

4 hours ago, lan_lan said:

And you'll actually feel how long this separation was due to the 4 eps filled with Caina lol.  So it makes this reconciliation much more rewarding rather than them breaking up and back together after just 2 eps.  The producers knew what they were doing because they rewarded us with ep.34 next week.  Everyone already went crazy just from what they did with this arc, I can only imagine the chaos when the amnesia arc hits :lol:  

Hide contents

Ref the kiss:  You should hear what he said to her, the sexual tension reminds me much of the manga haha.

@lan_lan what did he say to her??? Please tell us!!!

• Like 3

me barely catchingup on ep 26/27 with sub  after a full day of work , while everybody is talking about 30something eps with Kisses and stuff 

tumblr_ox5an6WKdI1v1z098o1_500.gif

----------------------------------------------------

let me talk about  those two episodes ! it felt like watching WHITE AND BLACK 

ONE EPISODE WAS REALLY CUTE REALLY FLUFFY !

both of them were really happy 

i mean si litteraly said :

tumblr_pd5k443qjL1vjsduwo3_540.jpg

tumblr_pd5k443qjL1vjsduwo4_540.jpg

and man i can see why ... all he really wants is acceptance , affection and emotional confirmation 

and by that kiss ( that actually came from her side for once) it just eased his mind and heart 

we can even see how stoic he was right after it ( on normal times when si kisses sc or is teasing/flirting with her he usualy have that smirk or punk happy face ...yet here)

also special mention for this POV SCENE :

Spoiler

It felt like we werethe one holding this fools hand haha 

tumblr_pd5jjo8rpH1vjsduwo1_540.jpg

tumblr_pd5jjo8rpH1vjsduwo2_540.jpg

and this cuteass date scene :

Spoiler

cuz i litteraly laughed when he called her Pushy :,) ... like ???? really ?????? honey ????? have you seen yourself ????? xD

you litteraly dragged your girlfriend by the arm to this place ! thank god she loves you the way you are haha

tumblr_pd5iq7OLgw1vjsduwo3_540.jpg

tumblr_pd5iq7OLgw1vjsduwo5_540.jpg

and then there is the mandatory rain breakup scene that we have in every version 

its not the best ( especially that we can all agree that they both could have dealed with it in a 100 better ways ! ) yet they do need this breakup to growup ( also for lei to jump right in again XD) and just have their love story go on a another lvl

i always think the fact that si asked sc if she has ever seen him just as ""man"" (without his familly his mother his power and everything that goes with the doaming name ) just him as a man that loved her with all his heart and nothing else 

and she say " no" !

was really what broke him !

im not ready to see how hurt Si is gonna get by all whats coming !

(ive seen him drunk and sobbing in some spoiler images) bcuz boy !!! only the serious angst is coming - not complaining i love angst , its like rain befr sunshine .. just makes the story better-

/////// specificaly not talking about cainas plot line and how annoyed i am about it :)))////

• Like 6

Hi everyone. 

This is my first post here.. 

I've always loved MG since the Taiwan version in 2001 and watched all versions beside Chinese one (Meteor Shower)..this remake made me anxious at first but fortunately it's good hehe

• Like 7

4 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@lan_lan what did he say to her??? Please tell us!!!

A translation from subs of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF :warning:

Spoiler

SC: I'm not prepared yet...

MS: If I give you time to prepare, you'll surely run away

SC(to herself): He's figured me out

MS: You really have no idea... that this expression of yours...makes me the most sensitive. (t/n: that's a direct trans, but in other words, it turns him on haha)

Then after the kiss, DMS being DMS killed the mood for a girl...<_<

MS: Shancai, you're too short.  I have to bend all the way down like this

SC: Who asked you to do this everytime?

MS: Why don't you lift your head up higher... so that I can also hug you?

SC: I'm so nervous I could die... how can I still think about that?

MS: What do you have to be nervous about?  Not even just a little bit...(ref. to cooperating for a better kissing position).  Be more confident for me.

Full long preview of episodes 33 + 34

Spoiler

Extra preview:

Spoiler

The start of the arc when he called the police on her because he couldn't find her for a whole day lmao.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, lan_lan said:

A direct translation of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF :warning:

Thank you very much for uploading this :blush:. I am very curious what SC and DMS are talking about after kissing? I thought talking about a very romantic thing (I saw at IG many people thought wildly haha), and it turned out that they were actually discussing height and maybe this would trigger a sweet fight :lol:. PD-nim please give them lots of romantic dating scenes, it will be a power saving for all of us before facing the next conflict

• Like 3

2 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Hi everyone. 

This is my first post here.. 

I've always loved MG since the Taiwan version in 2001 and watched all versions beside Chinese one (Meteor Shower)..this remake made me anxious at first but fortunately it's good hehe 

Welcome
I'm also new here, just like you I've followed all versions
I'm also worried but thankfully so far it's been pretty good

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, qqbr21 said:

Welcome
I'm also new here, just like you I've followed all versions
I'm also worried but thankfully so far it's been pretty good

Thankfully it didn't ruin the original version haha. 

Though I hve some complaints about some scenes which were touching in the original version, but it was made funny here.. The scenes when A Si looks for Sanchai frantically when he heard she was kicked out of her house, then the hugging scenes after Sanchai got off the bus.. Something are missing in the remake of those scenes. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Though I hve some complaints about some scenes which were touching in the original version, but it was made funny here.. The scenes when A Si looks for Sanchai frantically when he heard she was kicked out of her house, then the hugging scenes after Sanchai got off the bus.. Something are missing in the remake of those scenes. 

You're right, especially for a preview next week. in the MG Taiwan version 1, the Bus scene is the turning point of the SC to honestly love DM no matter the obstacles that will come but in MG 2018 not only hugs are lost but there are police who spoil the atmosphere (But it must be very funny, let's see if they have to make peace in the police station) :lol:. Some people in the IG tell that MG 2018 follows more of the manga storyline
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, lan_lan said:

A translation from subs of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF :warning:

Full long preview of episodes 33 + 34

Extra preview:

I don't care if that spoils it for me. MAN! I AM EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK EPISODES!!! :lol::joy: 

If I was Ah Si I would call the police to look for her, too. Lol! It all just shows us that that's how much he loves her.

Pictures of after getting out of the police station..?

Spoiler

Credit to instagram owner dylanwangchina

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I don't care if that spoils it for me. MAN! I AM EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK EPISODES!!! :lol::joy: 

If I was Ah Si I would call the police to look for her, too. Lol! It all just shows us that that's how much he loves her.

Pictures of after getting out of the police station..? 

Ahh, thank you, I also saw it at IG. See how they stare at each other, seem to miss each other ( very sweet :blush:)

• Like 2

Hey guys why are you all excited about that bus scene??? Because I remember in the k version, that is one of the most painful scene. Jandi leaves him after a perfect last date and he chases after the bus and then cries sitting in the middle of the road. Ermmm is it different in the original manga??? Ok I know I'm asking for a spoiler here, lol, I can tell from your reactions that it's a happy reunion scene, I'm looking forward it. @lan_lan I swear I didn't open that spoiler box. Eeeeeeee

@rimjayc As usual, love your little recap, complete with cute Ah Si screen caps. Hehe. I loved that when he was preaching the F3 to have a serious relationship for once. Hahaha. You see how giddy he is, it makes the breakup that much more heartbreaking. To see him lifeless and empty....gahhhh, then since the breakup is such painful, the reunion will be soooo rewarding and then we go for another breakup. It's a vicious cycle and we are all trapped in it. Sighhhh. 

• Like 4

OFC ill still manage to catch that kiss scene somewhere !!! 

Its everywhere and everybody is hyped xD 

Spoiler

but hey while evetybody is interested about what they talk about right after 

(what ends up being a classic sixsc cute fight about hight / thanks @lan_lan you’re a savior xD) im curious about what happened RIGHT befor ! 

How did they endup alone ? And what made sc say « im not prepared yet » ? Prepared for what ? The kiss ? Them coming back together ?

also ive been reReading the manga 

and im kinda close to the following 

in the original work rui do actually really fall in love with makino once again 

and even kiss her at some point managing to figure out that his feelings were more than friendship

Spoiler

5ed29bf4334db4fad312475df1ee4152e6c46b96

Spoiler

cc0d8732d97c6f898996b2bbdaa642454b2e99f4

Spoiler

549f529a79d2925a5e5fa70be4c2d4c5649ece2b

I kinda wonder how its gonna turnout in this version !?

are they gonna make his feelings legit 

or is he just gonna try to play daredevil by provoking Si jealousy ( we all know its not that hard xD )for him to realise his feelings and motivation back ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I think the show has decided to cut and take from those moments and shuffle it around to other scenes so it’ll have more impact?  Instead of repeating them.  It looked like those two things you mentioned(frantically looking and emotional hug) are now a part of next week’s eps before the bus and after the police station. 

@rimjayc was that Rui scene before or after amnesia?  I wonder if the show will go there at all because right now I don’t feel at all any romantic feelings from Lei. Or maybe the OTP’s pull is too strong. I remember my second lead syndrome was so bad during BoF that by the end I was so disappointed she didn’t end up with Jihoo. Also because I had no idea about the original story then and knew no better than to root for them lol. 

You’re welcome everyone. Glad I can help ease the wait until next week. @kokodus good job on resisting. It’ll be so worth it. I wish I never got spoiled but I have no self control lol.

As for the bus scene now I’ve realized that was a kdrama touch.  I’m so glad it never actually was that way. That was just cruel and would’ve made me hate Shancai for real. I hate that kdrama trope of giving someone the perfect date before dumping/leaving them.  It’s like giving me a piece of cake, letting me have a bite to see how delicious it is, then taking it away. That’s making it worse. Just don’t give it to me in the first place!

• Like 2

Omg there are too many bts showing for next week and I don’t wanna see it!  :lol: 

I only want bts spoilers if the episodes will be painful so it will not affect me that much anymore once I start watching those frustrating episodes.. But if the episodes will be good then I would not want to spoil myself with those bts so it will be more exciting once I start watching that complete happy episodes 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

Omg there are too many bts showing for next week and I don’t wanna see it!  :lol: 

I only want bts spoilers if the episodes will be painful so it will not affect me that much anymore once I start watching those frustrating episodes.. But if the episodes will be good then I would not want to spoil myself with those bts so it will be more exciting once I start watching that complete happy episodes 

Exactly my friend!!!! That is why I was scouring the internet for spoilers this week, because I know it would be a painful week. Hehe. But now that I know we are near to happiness again, I suddenly don't want to know the details. I want to watch it for myself. 

• Like 2

So I was wondering after the kiss scene, this is what happens afterwards? :blush:

Spoiler

Credit to instagram owner dylanwangchina

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lan_lan said:

@rimjayc was that Rui scene before or after amnesia?  I wonder if the show will go there at all because right now I don’t feel at all any romantic feelings from Lei. Or maybe the OTP’s pull is too strong. I remember my second lead syndrome was so bad during BoF that by the end I was so disappointed she didn’t end up with Jihoo. Also because I had no idea about the original story then and knew no better than to root for them lol. 

This was actually few chaps befor the memory loss arc ( this is chap 29/30 where domiyoji is in newyork( london for us the meteorgarden) he and makino havent been talkin for awhile and she decides out of the blue that she misses him like hell , packs and goes to newyork

rui join her soon after ... and there he descovers his feelings and how he just had to follow her tonewyork instinctly 

> then the kiss , confession ect

by chapter 33/34 that where domiyoji comeback to japan and the memory loss arc starts 

@kokodus im gaining a new respect for you avoiding spoilers ect 

Show me how sempai xD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1