Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

@bebebisous33, your theory fill in a lot of holes in the mystery. It was indeed weird that the guy in black would be looking for GB. He did seem of a different caliber to the actor rapist guy and sleazy manager. Also, it just seemed odd that the actor ended up murdered like that unless he had a past and bad connections that we don’t know about. I’m more inclined to believe your theory than that the actor was involved in some other unsavory mystery. The timing of the hit and run also seemed planned and now that we know that basically everybody around GMS wants or wanted him dead, the idea of a hit on his life does seem increasingly plausible. All of this seem intimately connected to the Healing Village.

Regarding the sleazy manager, I want him to lose everything. GB doesn’t have much after losing a lot three years ago and still he wants to further destroy her by sending her to jail. The courts already exonerated her. Her reputation in what seems like most of South Korea is trash. Why kick somebody when they’re already down? Whether it’s because of his vile ego or some other malicious motive, it’s inexcusable to me. I hope the conclusion of his story mirrors the trash that he is.

• Like 14

I had suspected that the real target of the guy in black was MS but at this point I can't quite figure out who wants him dead the most. I feel really bad for him, he's lost his parents and his memories and all the people around him are conspiring behind his back.

I suspect it has something to do either with Healing Village or him being the heir of Sunwoo Group. 

I'm only on episode 7 so far so I haven't quite caught up with all the episodes..

One question though - are all the women with his chairwoman aunt also his aunts? Are they all related?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

The courts already exonerated her. Her reputation in what seems like most of South Korea is trash. Why kick somebody when they’re already down? Whether it’s because of his vile ego or some other malicious motive, it’s inexcusable to me. I hope the conclusion of his story mirrors the trash that he is.

I think that the problem for GB was that she wasn't exonerated by the courts at the time. Rather, there was insufficient evidence to proclaim her guilty, if I remember that part right.

I do wonder if there are two different things that went on back then. Namely, someone may have been trying to kill MS, but the dead actor didn't have anything to do with that. I'm wondering if the dead actor just OD'ed or otherwise reacted poorly (e.g. anaphylaxis) to some bad drugs that the Evil Manager gave dead actor guy to "raise" his level of fun along with the roofie that the EM supplied him to knock GB out. In that case, it actually would be the EM's fault that dead actor guy died.

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

One question though - are all the women with his chairwoman aunt also his aunts? Are they all related?

Yes. The three other women are also his aunts, but the chairwoman aunt is the Eldest Aunt.

Finally, a quick note about the Evil Manager guy. He's actually doing a heck of a job making the character loathesome, especially with the gum chewing and sneering. I have a feeling I'm going to see him in a different drama and be repulsed by whatever character he's playing because he's so good at being a cretin in this drama. :D

Otherwise, I was happy this episode that both MS/GB and KJ/HI got passionate kisses. I actually liked how KJ and HI progressed their relationship this episode, and feel for KJ needing to say goodbye to his 5 year crush to his first love before he could contemplate actually starting a relationship with HI.

But, mostly, it was still about the OTP being cute together. Jealous MS was rather adorable, especially with how easily GB was able to read him and defuse him. And, I'm happy that they are demonstrating their trust as well as love for each other. It's pretty clear that MS and GB are going to stick together and fight all comers. :)

My bigger concerns are the escalating symptoms that MS is manifesting. Since MS is a neurosurgeon himself, he probably acted as his own second opinion to Dr. Yoon, and MS seems to troubled by the increasing symptoms. I'm really not hoping for a bittersweet ending where they win out over their opponents and are together, but only for a short while. I guess it is better to have loved and lost than to never love at all and all that, and GB would be in a much better place,  but those types of stories still make me sad. Yes, I realize that everyone dies and usually unexpectedly at that, but still, I guess when a couple is lovely and in love like the OTP are, I still want a bit of a fairy tale ending where they can get married, have children, and have a lot of time together before they have to finally part. Is that too much to ask for? A sad or bittersweet ending is the one thing that will probably make me regret watching this drama after all.

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I do wonder if there are two different things that went on back then. Namely, someone may have been trying to kill MS, but the dead actor didn't have anything to do with that. I'm wondering if the dead actor just OD'ed or otherwise reacted poorly (e.g. anaphylaxis) to some bad drugs that the Evil Manager gave dead actor guy to "raise" his level of fun along with the roofie that the EM supplied him to knock GB out. In that case, it actually would be the EM's fault that dead actor guy died.

Yes. The three other women are also his aunts, but the chairwoman aunt is the Eldest Aunt.

Finally, a quick note about the Evil Manager guy. He's actually doing a heck of a job making the character loathesome, especially with the gum chewing and sneering. I have a feeling I'm going to see him in a different drama and be repulsed by whatever character he's playing because he's so good at being a cretin in this drama. :D

My bigger concerns are the escalating symptoms that MS is manifesting. Since MS is a neurosurgeon himself, he probably acted as his own second opinion to Dr. Yoon, and MS seems to troubled by the increasing symptoms. I'm really not hoping for a bittersweet ending where they win out over their opponents and are together, but only for a short while. I guess it is better to have loved and lost than to never love at all and all that, and GB would be in a much better place,  but those types of stories still make me sad. Yes, I realize that everyone dies and usually unexpectedly at that, but still, I guess when a couple is lovely and in love like the OTP are, I still want a bit of a fairy tale ending where they can get married, have children, and have a lot of time together before they have to finally part. Is that too much to ask for? A sad or bittersweet ending is the one thing that will probably make me regret watching this drama after all.

@stroppyse thanks so much for clarifying the relationship between MS and the aunts. I, too, suspect that there may have been 2 different things going on back then. I feel like the dead actor died by accident and not necessarily due to any malicious intent and that it unfortunately happened while he was with GB. 

I also think the actor playing evil manager guy is doing an amazing job at being loathsome. I hate him so much that I can't even look at him onscreen without wanting to hit him. It would be difficult to see him play another part in another drama where he isn't evil because I now have a certain impression of him which will be difficult to overcome.

I'm also hoping MS doesn't die because I would feel disappointed. Yes, in a way it could be considered a good ending even if he died if his dreams were fulfilled (establishing Healing Village and helping GB regain her status) but it would feel wrong considering how good their chemistry is. After all that they've been through - especially MS - one would hope for a happy, long life for him and GB. I don't even care if it's believable or not at this point. If they somehow made it seem that MS got gradually better because of his love for GB or whatever Kool Aid they sell, as long as they end up happily married together with kids, I'll drink that Kool Aid.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

The show has really tightened with ep 11 and 12. Loving how the threads are all coming together.  Especially how Ki Joon is growing up and Ha Im is becoming human. Fluffy romance not shabby either.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Well said my friend, I think the doctor definitely planned to kill GMS and that this whole you have a brain deterioration has been embellished to make him believe that he is going to die, when in actuality, it will be a hit that will take him out. Yoon probably figured that with his condition, people would feel that his being killed was a blessing in disguise. Also, and this has been bothering me since the first episode. Did they imply that his brain condition was a result of the childhood trauma or the accident? I work in medical malpractice and I have worked on a ton of neurological cases and one thing is for sure. If GMS has a neurological disorder to the point of brain deterioration, he would have had it before the accident. That is a condition that usually develops over quite some time.

About MS’s condition, it’s very confusing indeed.  MS is the top authority in the field of cranial nerve. So I have to assume he understands about his problems?? :unsure:

Here is the list of MS problems I could think of:
1 his hyper sensitivity to a bright light from the trauma after the car accident which killed his parents.
2 memory lost (amnesia) (from damage on temporal lobe) due to an accident 3 years ago which he seems to be recovering  (especially regarding about GB)  because of GB.
3 an early-onset-Alzheimer   (( In EP10  Dr Yoon told MS that “It’s progressing similarly to early-onset-Alzheimer’s. You’ll forget recent memories before those from the past.”… “With the issues in your brain your taste and sight… all of those senses will start to decline.”)) (So this implies about MS’s shrinking brain and memory loss, short term& long term and other symptoms …?? )

((EDIT)) This clips shows the actor died with OD & evil Kim tried to cover it because he provided the drug.:angry:

Spoiler

'MS's joy'   :blush:

• Like 7

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am sorry that my post confused you. So let me explain my theory again. First I had noticed that GMS had booked a room for the night as he had decided to stay with JGB. And here is my proof that he must have used his credit card:

If I read the translation in the first picture, it doesn't look like what a hotel receptionist would say to you when you are book a room. Instead, it's like what a hotel front desk would say to you when you are checking out..imho

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 9

41 minutes ago, gutibear said:

If I read the translation in the first picture, it doesn't look like what a hotel receptionist would say to you when you are book a room. Instead, it's like what a hotel front desk would say to you when you are checking out..imho

Okay after reading your comment I went back to see the scene again.   Gosh the more I looked at the scene the more I felt confused.   However MS arrived at the town to meet someone for the business and planned to fly to Korea that evening.  So he first tried to change the time then he changed his mind and cancelled it.   So I still don’t know what the scene was about. It doesn’t seem very clear now.  I hope it wasn’t the result of careless editing like the scene which showed GB throwing her purse at MS and walking away without picking it up.  Lol  :(

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I love that this drama is overflowing with kissing scenes. Unlike the older dramas that you only get a kissing scene in the end if that:

• Like 11

3 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@stroppyse thanks so much for clarifying the relationship between MS and the aunts. I, too, suspect that there may have been 2 different things going on back then. I feel like the dead actor died by accident and not necessarily due to any malicious intent and that it unfortunately happened while he was with GB. 

I also think the actor playing evil manager guy is doing an amazing job at being loathsome. I hate him so much that I can't even look at him onscreen without wanting to hit him. It would be difficult to see him play another part in another drama where he isn't evil because I now have a certain impression of him which will be difficult to overcome.

I'm also hoping MS doesn't die because I would feel disappointed. Yes, in a way it could be considered a good ending even if he died if his dreams were fulfilled (establishing Healing Village and helping GB regain her status) but it would feel wrong considering how good their chemistry is. After all that they've been through - especially MS - one would hope for a happy, long life for him and GB. I don't even care if it's believable or not at this point. If they somehow made it seem that MS got gradually better because of his love for GB or whatever Kool Aid they sell, as long as they end up happily married together with kids, I'll drink that Kool Aid.

Bring on the Kool Aid! I will toast to that!

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

This drama has me weak at the knees! The OTP is doing a hell of a job convincing us of their love. The evil aunties, the CEO, his vengeance and gum popping,  and the incurable disease made this drama too heavy, but a kiss scene every episode is all the healing I need!! That's what is called on screen chemistry! (As i wait for Dispatch to confirm the rumours I'm entertaining in my head)

Actors and actresses take note! (Especially one or two who I will not name).:wub:

• Like 12

who's rewatching DJ just to see MS's and GB's facial expression and body language when they are in the scene together?? ME!!! God please save me when this drama ends..

• Like 11

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Finally, a quick note about the Evil Manager guy. He's actually doing a heck of a job making the character loathesome, especially with the gum chewing and sneering. I have a feeling I'm going to see him in a different drama and be repulsed by whatever character he's playing because he's so good at being a cretin in this drama.

10 hours ago, mouse007 said:

don't even care if it's believable or not at this point. If they somehow made it seem that MS got gradually better because of his love for GB or whatever Kool Aid they sell, as long as they end up happily married together with kids, I'll drink that Kool Aid.

Sorry for cutting your posts.

The evil manager is doing a very good job....so much so that my dislike is carried forward to his other drama airing right now. He is also playing the evil loan shark in 100 days husband. They even gave him a mole on the face and everything to pronounce his evilness. Then all of a sudden he had a change of heart and has become a good guy and not dragging off the female lead to sell her off to get his money back. I just can't help giving him the stink eye whenever he comes on screen....I'm sure he's upto something in that show too.

About the ending....

Anything is fine as long as they have a happy ending.....I remember the original synopsis for this drama had the male lead with a bionic brain....heck I won't care if they say lets give him a brain transplant...whatever....let loose your imagination writers.....but give us that god damn happy ending.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, dito said:

The evil manager is doing a very good job....so much so that my dislike is carried forward to his other drama airing right now. He is also playing the evil loan shark in 100 days husband. They even gave him a mole on the face and everything to pronounce his evilness. 

If you didn't point it out, I wouldn't have known it is the same guy! lol 

Oh... I dislike that character too, mole or no mole. But not as much as the evil CEO Kim here :angry:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

@ktcjdrama I have just finished watching the last episode and it has become clear that MHJ died due to drugs. I am a little disappointed because this makes the police and prosecution office look really stupid. Honestly, there are a few things that bother me with this explanation:

- The death occurred in China. So why is Seoul prosecution office now involved? It doesn't make any sense to me.

- How can the evil manager KBs enter the hotel room without a key? He just pushed the door.

- There were so many CCTV in the hotel. The police could easily see that MHJ was not alone and JGB was already under the influence of the roofie. The manager helped him to carry her.

- Back then, the police should have taken a blood sample from JGB in order to see if she was drugged. They would have discovered the roofie drug. 

Now, someone brings a bag saying that it belonged to JGB. There are no finger prints from her. 

By the way, I am wondering if GMS is taking some pills. When he was in the bathroom and felt dizzy, I had the impression that he had a box full of pills in his hand (in the other he had the toothbrush). If so, could it be that GMS is getting poisoned with the medicine so that GMS really thinks that he is about to die?  

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

- The death occurred in China. So why is Seoul prosecution office now involved? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Actually, even though it happened overseas, given that both the victim and the alleged assailant are both Korean nationals, it's not beyond impossible that the Korean prosecution service could also look into this, though the case would be closed in China.

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

- How can the evil manager KBs enter the hotel room without a key? He just pushed the door.

Either the dead actor guy didn't get a chance to secure the door before the OD kicked in, or it's a high tech door with an approach entry and KBS had a room key in his pocket, or it's a plot hole. :D 

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

- There were so many CCTV in the hotel. The police could easily see that MHJ was not alone and JGB was already under the influence of the roofie. The manager helped him to carry her.

Well, if the police didn't suspect foul play, they would have no reason to go to CCTV. Though, I wonder if this is how MS will prove GB's innocence. Show that GB was already drugged and had been carried into the hotel.

36 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

- Back then, the police should have taken a blood sample from JGB in order to see if she was drugged. They would have discovered the roofie drug. 

Would they have done that though? If JGB hadn't claimed rape or anything? Wouldn't they have just assumed that she was passed out from too much alcohol, which is what I think they thought she was?

If the approach had been a violent crime or a claim of a crime being committed had been made, I think there would have been a more thorough investigation. But, given GB's state, even if it had been her fault, it wouldn't have been anything like a murder charge. That's why KBS is trying to frame GB as the dealer of the drug that the dead actor OD'ed on, because then she would have some culpability in it, and that could lead to a manslaughter charge of some kind.

40 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now, someone brings a bag saying that it belonged to JGB. There are no finger prints from her. 

Fortunately, there is a witness that the bag belonging to GB is a lie since GB's friend NJ had sold the bag for GB when GB was running out of money previously and had to sell her possessions. This was a really pitiful attempt at a lie, though I guess without NJ, this would also have become more of a he said-she said thing without any solid evidence that the bag did not belong to GB.

Anyway, KBS looks really desperate to pin something on GB to try to engineer such a charge in such a silly way. But the good thing about this development is that the case being reopened will now mean that GB gets a chance to really clear her name of that scandal from 3 years and be shown to be the true victim in all of that.

• Like 11

Spoiler

I saw a few photos (behind the scenes) of the ending on YouTube.. I think it will be a happy one.. :rolleyes:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

There were so many CCTV in the hotel. The police could easily see that MHJ was not alone and JGB was already under the influence of the roofie. The manager helped him to carry her.

Sorry to cut your post, but you posed a lot of good questions.

I get the feeling that the Chinese police probably determined that there was foul play, but that it was connected to drugs. MHJ was famous, and he came from a wealthy family. He had two sets of parties who would've paid people off from allowing this to get out. They didn't want to tarnish his image, thus making JGB look like a murderer was the most obvious ploy. This would also help KBS because he wouldn't have to take a loss trying to protect his artist. He could go along with the lie, get paid, and throw her away to the wolves. I get the feeling that he has someone else behind him in the cover up. Could be MHJ's family, which I gathered they were financing a lot of his projects at that time, which is why he was so adamant about allowing MHJ take advantage of JGB.

As far as the bag, the fact that it was sold will help JGB because I bet there are personal effects to the bag that will counter the fake the KBS now has. Unfortunately for JGB, she is up against not only her old agency and the scumbag KBS, but she is also up against the legacy of a star who is now dead. No one wants to defame the dead, but clearly, he too was a scumbag who was willing to drug and rape a woman. My concern is, even if GMS remembers everything from the time he was at the tattoo shop, up until the accident, due to the news of his medical condition, no one will believe him or allow it to hold any weight. They desperately need an alibi, a good one.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@ktcjdrama I have just finished watching the last episode and it has become clear that MHJ died due to drugs. I am a little disappointed because this makes the police and prosecution office look really stupid. Honestly, there are a few things that bother me with this explanation:

By the way, I am wondering if GMS is taking some pills. When he was in the bathroom and felt dizzy, I had the impression that he had a box full of pills in his hand (in the other he had the toothbrush). If so, could it be that GMS is getting poisoned with the medicine so that GMS really thinks that he is about to die?  

I am disappointed with the reason for his death too. How could people be saying that JGB was the one who murdered him when it was clearly a case of OD.

- Like stroppsye mentioned, it is possible that Seoul prosecution be involved due to their nationality, but still, to me it should be an easy case to settle since it is an OD case. It shouldn't have killed JGB's career, imo. It's not like it's a ruthless murder, you know.

- The entering the room, a loophole I bet. He didn't even try to knock or whatever, just pushed the door, as if knowing it is not locked.

- Agree with the CCTV. Definitely poor investigation. Unless it was some kind of cheap hotel/motel, which also explains the unlocked door, lol

- As for the roofie drugs, I just remembered that now, there is a drug that leaves no trace at all. Forgot what it's called but there have been warnings to female to avoid drinking with strangers because of this kind of drug to avoid date rape. But in anyways, since one person is OD'd, the other party in the same room should be tested for drugs abuse as well, unless it is legal in Hainan, I don't know...

• Like 9