Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

Recommended Posts

Still haven't watched the entire episode yet, but when I saw the scene where MS walks GB home, and she tells him to leave first because she never wants to show him her back side again in order to assuage his fears that she's leaving him, so he starts walking away, only to return to her and kiss her and say "Let's make this our parting goodbye from now on.", I admit I may have started squealing a bit. :wub:  Sorry about the lengthy run-on sentence. :D 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it is getting to be so stressful now with all of the baddies starting to make their moves against our OTP, but I think it should be alright as long as our couple stays together through it. 

I get it is frustrating that MS does not tell GB about remembering the manager or about what is happening, but I understand what he is doing. Firstly, MS does not want to make GB worry or upset, simply because he loves her and he is very much a protector at heart, so it is his way of protecting her. Plus, MS is someone who has been very much alone for a long time, he is just not used to verbalizing certain things...and I also think that he does not even know how. But mostly, I feel that MS is very much a thinker, he is not really an impulsive guy...which is why it was so funny that he was impulsively following GB around in the beginning. Look at how long he studied and though about the signature forging incident. He did not address it until he had thought about it, did some research and inquiring to reach a conclusion. I feel that with the manager memory, it is the same. He is not going to really mention it until he has done some thinking and investigation. Lastly, MS is very much a manly man stereotype, meaning men don't talk about feelings or talk out problems and such. So his attitude of keeping it in, is normal, he is not going to want to talk about his problems with her, but her presence, care and love for him comfort him a lot. We are just seeing him speak manese when we want him to speak womanese.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohhh..is that the man in black I saw in the preview. So, he is KBS’s minion then? Like someone had already pointed out, they are too many bad guys and bad aunts in this drama. But that’s okay, as long as our OTP together, they will be fine. The power of love will conquer all. With all the problems that need to be sorted out, I think it is too much to think that there will be noble idiocy in the last 5 eps we have left. Eps 12 will bring angsts and sweet moments from our OTP too.

They reinvestigate the murder case will bring GB into the spotlight of the public again. But since it is a romcom drama, I am sure GB will be proved innocent again and the truth will reveal. KBS will get what he deserves and GB will successfully clean her name for good and back to the entertainment industry. 

Btw, have I told you that I love this OTP so so much? 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really liked episode 11. I liked that GB stood up to Eldest Aunt and that MS has decided to reveal his condition himself in his own way and also locking in the donation of his wealth to the future of the Healing Village in a way that neatly spikes Eldest Aunt's intent to take away his position and his shares on Sunwoo Group. I also thought it was lovely the thought and effort that MS put into making not only GB, but her family happy without just throwing money around. Okay, he did throw some money around, but it wasn't thoughtlessly extravagant. And I do love that GB knew MS well enough to realize that the bus playing her song and the other passengers telling her that they wanted to hear her song because they were her fans was an event that MS engineered to make her happy.

 

However, I still love this scene the best from this episode, so I've provided a translation of the part of the scene that I really liked. Unfortunately, only a video clip of a part of that scene and even that was thanks to @0ly40, but I've written up more of the conversation underneath.

 

 

Before this clip, MS had walked GB home, and MS had asked GB if he had met KBS to which GB said no that he had not (which was true as far as she knew since MS had not met KBS while she was with him). GB gets suspicious and asks if there is something that MS isn't telling her, but MS just allays her fears. Then they start to say their goodbyes.


GB: From now on, Ma Sung-sshi should leave first.
MS: All of a sudden, why?
GB: Because I keep thinking of what you said to me before, at the Odd Ball.
MS: Odd Ball??
GB: You said that I was always threatening to leave you. At the time, I didn’t think you were serious… Anyway, from now on, I’m not going to show you my back side (meaning the view of her walking away from him). So, don’t worry, go ahead turn around and go. I will always be here behind you.
MS: Oh… well… but if you see my back side, there will be a big uproar.
GB: Why?
MS: (showing her his back) Because you’ll feel so fluttery. (He means that it's so attractive, she'll like that view so much. They both laugh at his little joke) I’m sorry. I’ll get going.
(MS starts to leave, then comes back to swiftly kiss GB.)
MS: Let’s do the final parting greeting this way from now on. See you tomorrow.

 

 

So, the video only recovers the kiss itself which is nice, but I loved the whole conversation. :)

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Before this clip, MS had walked GB home, and MS had asked GB if he had met KBS to which GB said no that he had not (which was true as far as she knew since MS had not met KBS while she was with him). GB gets suspicious and asks if there is something that MS isn't telling her, but MS just allays her fears. Then they start to say their goodbyes.


GB: From now on, Ma Sung-sshi should leave first.
MS: All of a sudden, why?
GB: Because I keep thinking of what you said to me before, at the Odd Ball.
MS: Odd Ball??
GB: You said that I was always threatening to leave you. At the time, I didn’t think you were serious… Anyway, from now on, I’m not going to show you my back side (meaning the view of her walking away from him). So, don’t worry, go ahead turn around and go. I will always be here behind you.
MS: Oh… well… but if you see my back side, there will be a big uproar.
GB: Why?
MS: (showing her his back) Because you’ll feel so fluttery. (He means that it's so attractive, she'll like that view so much. They both laugh at his little joke) I’m sorry. I’ll get going.
(MS starts to leave, then comes back to swiftly kiss GB.)
MS: Let’s do the final parting greeting this way from now on. See you tomorrow.

Yes, this is one of my favorite scenes also. She's so considerate of him. Both of them so loving towards each other. MS doing things to make the family happy... I love this OTP!! :wub:

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ktcjdrama, I think I'm seeing you in multiple threads right now. We seem to be aligning our viewing for the moment. :D This OTP is definitely cute. :wub:

 

Not sure who is cuter, the OTP in this drama of Terius and the Twins in the other drama. I suppose they are different types of cute. :)

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn’t believe it when tears actually fell from my eyes during the bus scene when GB’s song was playing. I also loved the scene when MS gave GB’s brother a paid-for class registration for his prep course. The little sister’s scene with MS was nice too. His scene with her dad touched me as well. He even had MS recalling his words that “even a cactus can bloom though it’s difficult”. 

 

I like GMS decision to protect Healing Village. I think it was a good idea for him to publicly announce that if he dies in an accident or dies from an illness that 100% of his wealth will be donated to charity. If those two things don’t happen, he will donate 90% of his wealth. 

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chemistry between our OTP is daebak. You just know how much they love each other by looking at their eyes when they are together. How is that? Is it merely acting?? MS adores GB fully.. GB cares MS fully too.. and me, I ship them in real life wholly..

 

btw, the aunt's and Dr Yoon's flat emotionless way of speaking is so irritating...ugh!!! I really can't stand it..I muted some of their scenes.

  • Like 8
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gutibear said:

ohhh..is that the man in black I saw in the preview. So, he is KBS’s minion then? Like someone had already pointed out, they are too many bad guys and bad aunts in this drama. But that’s okay, as long as our OTP together, they will be fine. The power of love will conquer all. With all the problems that need to be sorted out, I think it is too much to think that there will be noble idiocy in the last 5 eps we have left. Eps 12 will bring angsts and sweet moments from our OTP too.

They reinvestigate the murder case will bring GB into the spotlight of the public again. But since it is a romcom drama, I am sure GB will be proved innocent again and the truth will reveal. KBS will get what he deserves and GB will successfully clean her name for good and back to the entertainment industry. 

Btw, have I told you that I love this OTP so so much? 

No, he is not. First, It looks like KBS is being blackmailed. The man in black is asking for money. And this proves that KBS was not the one who hired him. Remember that KBS thought, there was no witness except GMS. However, the man in black was hired by someone else... and saw that KBS is involved in the scandal with JGB. Either he must have recognized JGB (when she was with GMS during the afternoon) hence when he found JGB, he must have followed JGB and witnessed the scene where the actor put the roofie in it. Or when he entered the room that had been paid by GMS's credit card, he thought that the actor was GMS. After killing him, he must have noticed that JGB was under the influence of a roofie. He knows that KBS can not reveal anything hence he can make some money with the blackmail.

 

What KBS is not suspecting is that GMS will find out the tattoo parlor. I am sure that the actor got a tattoo there as well which can confirm GMS's testimony. Right now, GMS has not figured out the whole truth hence he is hiding it from JGB. I can understand why... JGB has no idea that she was a victim in the first place. She was supposed to get raped.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, he is not. First, It looks like KBS is being blackmailed. The man in black is asking for money. And this proves that KBS was not the one who hired him. Remember that KBS thought, there was no witness except GMS. However, the man in black was hired by someone else... and saw that KBS is involved in the scandal with JGB. Either he must have recognized JGB (when she was with GMS during the afternoon) hence when he found JGB, he must have followed JGB and witnessed the scene where the actor put the roofie in it. Or when he entered the room that had been paid by GMS's credit card, he thought that the actor was GMS. After killing him, he must have noticed that JGB was under the influence of a roofie. He knows that KBS can not reveal anything hence he can make some money with the blackmail.

 

What KBS is not suspecting is that GMS will find out the tattoo parlor. I am sure that the actor got a tattoo there as well which can confirm GMS's testimony. Right now, GMS has not figured out the whole truth hence he is hiding it from JGB. I can understand why... JGB has no idea that she was a victim in the first place. She was supposed to get raped.  

 

Interesting insight. You're making me feel as if I need to go back and rewatch episode 1 again and this time pay attention to the KBS scenes.

 

I also think that the tattoo parlor is going to prove key to putting another piece of the puzzle together for MS. And, I also sympathize with his not telling GB yet about his investigations. She has already gone through hell in the incidents of 3 years ago. It's only going to get worse as she realizes that she was drugged and was meant to be raped. She does need to know that at some point, but I think MS is waiting until he has can piece it all together, and then perhaps also find some evidence to bring the perpetrators, e.g. KBS, to justice. Otherwise, it's just GB living with more horrors that were out of her hands and very few people believing her.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I actually really liked episode 11. I liked that GB stood up to Eldest Aunt and that MS has decided to reveal his condition himself in his own way and also locking in the donation of his wealth to the future of the Healing Village in a way that neatly spikes Eldest Aunt's intent to take away his position and his shares on Sunwoo Group. I also thought it was lovely the thought and effort that MS put into making not only GB, but her family happy without just throwing money around. Okay, he did throw some money around, but it wasn't thoughtlessly extravagant. And I do love that GB knew MS well enough to realize that the bus playing her song and the other passengers telling her that they wanted to hear her song because they were her fans was an event that MS engineered to make her happy.

 

However, I still love this scene the best from this episode, so I've provided a translation of the part of the scene that I really liked. Unfortunately, only a video clip of a part of that scene and even that was thanks to @0ly40, but I've written up more of the conversation underneath.

 

Before this clip, MS had walked GB home, and MS had asked GB if he had met KBS to which GB said no that he had not (which was true as far as she knew since MS had not met KBS while she was with him). GB gets suspicious and asks if there is something that MS isn't telling her, but MS just allays her fears. Then they start to say their goodbyes.


GB: From now on, Ma Sung-sshi should leave first.
MS: All of a sudden, why?
GB: Because I keep thinking of what you said to me before, at the Odd Ball.
MS: Odd Ball??
GB: You said that I was always threatening to leave you. At the time, I didn’t think you were serious… Anyway, from now on, I’m not going to show you my back side (meaning the view of her walking away from him). So, don’t worry, go ahead turn around and go. I will always be here behind you.
MS: Oh… well… but if you see my back side, there will be a big uproar.
GB: Why?
MS: (showing her his back) Because you’ll feel so fluttery. (He means that it's so attractive, she'll like that view so much. They both laugh at his little joke) I’m sorry. I’ll get going.
(MS starts to leave, then comes back to swiftly kiss GB.)
MS: Let’s do the final parting greeting this way from now on. See you tomorrow.

 

So, the video only recovers the kiss itself which is nice, but I loved the whole conversation. :)

 

Thank you for the translation  Thank you for picking out that scene. I like the way they talk to each other in such an unassuming way showing caring with teasing in between.  

 

3 hours ago, gutibear said:

The chemistry between our OTP is daebak. You just know how much they love each other by looking at their eyes when they are together. How is that? Is it merely acting?? MS adores GB fully.. GB cares MS fully too.. and me, I ship them in real life wholly..

 

btw, the aunt's and Dr Yoon's flat emotionless way of speaking is so irritating...ugh!!! I really can't stand it..I muted some of their scenes.

I feel same as you about OTP.   I wish I could blow an OTP-horn the way you do. :P Aaawww    It’s very touching how these two are looking out for each other.   GB’s joyous feeling about the bus ride feels so real to me.  I kept thinking about her smile.  This episode had so many touching moments that even irritating MS’s cousin looked cute while he was acting out because of his love sickness. hhaha
PS there was a scene where MS stared  his own MRI scan.  I know MS has an amnesia problem which seems to be healing but about dementia, I hope it’s Dr Yoon who fabricated it somehow.  
I was disappointed MS didn’t discover more from the manager Kim today. 

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

 

Interesting insight. You're making me feel as if I need to go back and rewatch episode 1 again and this time pay attention to the KBS scenes.

 

I also think that the tattoo parlor is going to prove key to putting another piece of the puzzle together for MS. And, I also sympathize with his not telling GB yet about his investigations. She has already gone through hell in the incidents of 3 years ago. It's only going to get worse as she realizes that she was drugged and was meant to be raped. She does need to know that at some point, but I think MS is waiting until he has can piece it all together, and then perhaps also find some evidence to bring the perpetrators, e.g. KBS, to justice. Otherwise, it's just GB living with more horrors that were out of her hands and very few people believing her.

 

By the way, since KBS has JGB's bag, this means that KBS went to the room where JGB was and the man in black must have seen him. Because KBS was not aware of the existence of a witness, he never realized that he was spotted. I can't imagine that KBS was the one who killed the actor because this would make no sense to reopen the investigations as the risk would be higher to get caught. That's why I am inclined to believe that the man in black was a hired killer who mistook the actor for GMS.

 

Remember that JGB used GMS's phone in order to call her own cellphone. This was the only phone number she knew... somehow, the killer could have got the info from the phone log (he asked the client to look into the phone account of GMS). That's how he discovered the identity of the woman with GMS.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

By the way, since KBS has JGB's bag, this means that KBS went to the room where JGB was and the man in black must have seen him. Because KBS was not aware of the existence of a witness, he never realized that he was spotted. I can't imagine that KBS was the one who killed the actor because this would make no sense to reopen the investigations as the risk would be higher to get caught. That's why I am inclined to believe that the man in black was a hired killer who mistook the actor for GMS.

 

Remember that JGB used GMS's phone in order to call her own cellphone. This was the only phone number she knew... somehow, the killer could have got the info from the phone log (he asked the client to look into the phone account of GMS). That's how he discovered the identity of the woman with GMS.  

 

Okay. First chance I get, I am definitely going to go back and re-watch the first episode. I agree that it doesn't make sense to think that KBS would kill the actor, so it probably was the man in black who killed the actor.

 

So, that begs the question, does KBS actually think that GB somehow really killed the actor? It's more likely that KBS doesn't care who killed the actor as long as it gets pinned on GB. It's very strange how KBS is wiling to send GB to prison as a petty revenge. Then again, KBS mentioned that GB has to go to jail in order for himself to live, and I think it's more than just that he had roofied GB and had basically sold her to the dead actor guy.

 

Anyway, it definitely feels as if we're finding out more of what happened 3 years ago along with MS.  :)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

 

Okay. First chance I get, I am definitely going to go back and re-watch the first episode. I agree that it doesn't make sense to think that KBS would kill the actor, so it probably was the man in black who killed the actor.

 

So, that begs the question, does KBS actually think that GB somehow really killed the actor? It's more likely that KBS doesn't care who killed the actor as long as it gets pinned on GB. It's very strange how KBS is wiling to send GB to prison as a petty revenge. Then again, KBS mentioned that GB has to go to jail in order for himself to live, and I think it's more than just that he had roofied GB and had basically sold her to the dead actor guy.

 

Anyway, it definitely feels as if we're finding out more of what happened 3 years ago along with MS.  :)

He is definitely petty. I've noticed a certain pattern in his behaviour. He is very consistent. He hated it, when JGB didn't follow his order... therefore he saw it as a justification to do something behind her back. Notice that he even warns and threatens LDI that something bad could happen to her, if she doesn't do what he wants. As we can see, KBS thinks himself as a god who has a saying in his stars' career. They should live the way he wants them to. He considers them as objects which he can disposed of, when they no longer fill their purpose. This would explain why KBS resents JGB so much. She represents his failure... she never followed his orders and when he tried to play god with her life, it didn't go the way he wanted. He lost the actor he wanted to have in his agency, JGB's career got tarnished. She is a annoyance in his eyes, as she is a reminder of his own failure and true nature: he is not a god. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

He lost the actor he wanted to have in his agency, JGB's career got tarnished. She is a annoyance in his eyes, as she is a reminder of his own failure and true nature: he is not a god. 

 

If I remember right, he yelled at GB at one point that he was kicked out of his agency over the events of 3 years ago. The failure to get the dead actor into his agency and GB's bottoming out took his standing in the industry to nothing. Though he then went to make something with HI, so it couldn't have been a total loss of everything.

 

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

As we can see, KBS thinks himself as a god who has a saying in his stars' career. They should live the way he wants them to. He considers them as objects which he can disposed of, when they no longer fill their purpose.

 

I think this is well said. KBS does think of himself as a god to have his "stars" do his every command. He's the starmaker with the true power rather than any talent or effort that the stars may make, and they should all acknowledge it and kowtow to it. Therefor he takes their refusals as personal affronts. I'm curious if he'll actually take any action against HI for going against his orders as well, though since HI comes from a rich family, she's not as beholden to him.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

 

If I remember right, he yelled at GB at one point that he was kicked out of his agency over the events of 3 years ago. The failure to get the dead actor into his agency and GB's bottoming out took his standing in the industry to nothing. Though he then went to make something with HI, so it couldn't have been a total loss of everything.

 

 

I think this is well said. KBS does think of himself as a god to have his "stars" do his every command. He's the starmaker with the true power rather than any talent or effort that the stars may make, and they should all acknowledge it and kowtow to it. Therefor he takes their refusals as personal affronts. I'm curious if he'll actually take any action against HI for going against his orders as well, though since HI comes from a rich family, she's not as beholden to him.

 

That's what he said but I wouldn't take his words as face value because he still runs an Entertainment company and he was able to stop JGB from getting any contract in the industry which outlines his real power. He didn't lose that much as he was able to steal LDI from the other manager. He was even able to ruin the other. To me, JGB symbolizes his "failure" in the sense that due to her, he had to change his plans. Right now, he is again acting like a god (involving the prosecution office, the media aso), however he seems to forget that LDI won't be renewing her contract with him. He is so obsessed with JGB that he has forgotten that if he loses LDI, he might ruin his own career. He warned LDI that she could lose everything due to him (if he wants to)... so he showed her that he saw himself as a god. I sense that KBS might play a dirty trick on LDI too (just like with JGB) so that the truth will be revealed. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@ktcjdrama, I think I'm seeing you in multiple threads right now. We seem to be aligning our viewing for the moment. :D This OTP is definitely cute. :wub:

 

Not sure who is cuter, the OTP in this drama of Terius and the Twins in the other drama. I suppose they are different types of cute. :)

:D I am at a very rare period where I can indulge in drama-watching. So trying to get the most out of it before the situation changes.

Out of the many dramas I am watching now, these two dramas are especially dear because they put a lot of smiles on my face lately ;)

And, I am actively brushing up on my Korean too!

  • Like 5
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, he is not. First, It looks like KBS is being blackmailed. The man in black is asking for money. And this proves that KBS was not the one who hired him. Remember that KBS thought, there was no witness except GMS. However, the man in black was hired by someone else... and saw that KBS is involved in the scandal with JGB. Either he must have recognized JGB (when she was with GMS during the afternoon) hence when he found JGB, he must have followed JGB and witnessed the scene where the actor put the roofie in it. Or when he entered the room that had been paid by GMS's credit card, he thought that the actor was GMS. After killing him, he must have noticed that JGB was under the influence of a roofie. He knows that KBS can not reveal anything hence he can make some money with the blackmail.

I am not really following what you've written above, but I think I need to revisit Hainan and then try to digest the above again. The room paid by GMS's credit card -- is our assumption of what might have happened, right? Or was it actually shown in the first episode? I can't remember.

 

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

By the way, since KBS has JGB's bag, this means that KBS went to the room where JGB was and the man in black must have seen him.

I think it is not JGB's real handbag. In the subbed episode I watched, he said he went through a lot of troubles to buy the identical bag to what GB was using that day. And he also asked the other man what kind of evidence should be put inside the bag to make it useful.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...