Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

The wedding vows, short and sweet, and then the kisses. :wub:

Yang: The two of you, since you’ve already done this three times, just go ahead and start it naturally.
MS: Thank you, for waiting.
GB: Thank you, for returning.
MS: I love you, Joo Gi Bbeum-sshi.
GB: I love you more, Gong Ma Seong-sshi.

GB: Are you reading the journal again?
MS: Yes. Every time I read it, it feels new. So, you’re saying that this is about the two of us, aren’t you?
GB: Yes. After Ma Seong-sshi left, I wrote in it every day…

(some overlap with the end of the previous clip, but this clip has more of the post-wedding ceremony conversation)

GB: Are you reading the journal again?
MS: Yes. Every time I read it, it feels new. You’re saying that this is about the two of us, aren’t you?
GB: Yes. After Ma Seong-sshi left, I wrote in the journal every day. Because I wanted to tell you in what frame of mind I was waiting for you when we met up later. Since I knew this day would come.
MS: Do you know that I just thrilled to you just now?
GB: Why? Am I so attractive?
MS: You are crazy attractive. Then, let’s go spend our first night together.
GB: Are you crazy?
MS: I am crazy. Totally crazy about Joo Gi Bbeum.
GB: But, how is it that when your memories are erased every day that you say only the sweetest such things?
MS: Memory is not something that can be erased. The problem is in remembering them. And do you know about instinct? And, there are instincts like this.

(After this clip, there is a voiceover which is captioned to the screne to finish this scene which is as follows.)

MS VO: We record every day and remember it, spending each and every day as if we were first falling in love.
GB VO: Some day, we also look forward to a strange but peaceful and ordinary tomorrow to come to us…

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, shaselai said:

ok so the cruel palace. There's this chinese drama that's probably more gruesome. It is palace fight too BUT the main female lead had justification to "off" her competition. She came in as an innocent concubine and befriended some others but after her child was killed so she basically throughout the series found out which concubine conspired against her and offed them one by one. One i recall she chopped off her limbs and put her in a pot in storage and made the eunuchs to feed her to keep her alive.... It was some brutal stuff... 

I was talking about Choi Jin Hyuk's next work, with Jang Na Ra. I just hope that he is more of a badass in that one.The background is a fictional monarchy in present times and it airs in December. I don't really watch saeguks (I think I've seen 2  in my 11 years of Kdramas), and cruelty is one of the reasons why I avoid them.

• Like 9

These two make the sweetest toe-curling couple I've ever seen in my kdrama watch... Without them, I would have ditched the show when the plot went round and round about MS's disease and noble idiocy.

Staying with the show is purely to watch them being sweet and cute with each other. It's really too bad since it could have been a great show but maybe the true and initial intention of the writer is really to present us sweet-nothings of the OTP... I am still grateful for such show.

Since I've thrown logic and sense out of the window, I won't even rant about anything from the show anymore from now on. I will just accept it the way MS and GB accept each other, unconditionally. Only recording and remembering the sweetness and erasing and forgetting all the bad stuff. ;)

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

15 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Snort. Apparently. 

Geez, what was the writer smoking? Write a drama. Insert a lot of kisses. Then then add 1 villain. Not enough. Then 2. Oh add 3 as a freebie. Oh audiences love bromance. Add a 2nd couple.

Kisses here. Then there. Some rain. Some crying. 

Oh yeah forgot the plot. A Kdrama must always have some birth secrets. Some death. Netizens or busybodies. Dead parents somewhere. Repeat the whole thing. Can't think of anything else... let's just stretch the whole obstacles plot device. Ohhh... amnesia. We must always have amnesia somewhere in a Kdrama- I am so clever- let's make it NEW and OBSCURE so no one can figure it out.

PD said there are not enough kisses? Insert more kisses. Did we forget the happy ending? Oh yeah have to add that in. Somewhere. Where? Waii.. iit, did I forget a time jump? Let's add that in.

Geez. Who's the writer again? The drama was saved by the main couple casting. Nothing else.

Didn't they pay the writer enough to work harder? Or they did pay the writer enough so he/she did EVERYTHING to write a Kdrama?

You forgot the childhood connection....kdrama leads have to meet as kids....otherwise they are not fated. 

White truck of doom...

The main girl and her poor family get money thrown in their faces as an insult.....and so on....I think every kdrama trope was used in this drama. 

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

These two make the sweetest toe-curling couple I've ever seen in my kdrama watch... Without them, I would have ditched the show when the plot went round and round about MS's disease and noble idiocy.

Staying with the show is purely to watch them being sweet and cute with each other. It's really too bad since it could have been a great show but maybe the true and initial intention of the writer is really to present us sweet-nothings of the OTP... I am still grateful for such show.

Since I've thrown logic and sense out of the window, I won't even rant about anything from the show anymore from now on. I will just accept it the way MS and GB accept each other, unconditionally. Only recording and remembering the sweetness and erasing and forgetting all the bad stuff. ;)

Exactly.....I think most of us here stuck on coz of these 2. After the first one I did not watch a single episode with subs. I didn't feel the need to watch it a second time after watching the livestream. Nothing in the story was making me eager to know what was said. I was fine with the things I could understand. What I did watch more than once are the otp scenes...and subs are not necessary for those.

I hope this drama raises the popularity of both these actors and brings them better projects....at least for SHY....I want to see her do some romcom and some super angsty dramas. CJH usually chooses his projects well....he is doing good...but he needs bigger projects...he has the skills for it.

• Like 13

It sounds like the aunt and Dr. Yoon didn’t suffer any real consequences for what they did. Non-resolutions like this seriously impacts the rewatch value although I admit the OTP’ attraction is strong. Personally I would like to rewatch this when it’s finally picked up by some official streaming site where terrible ads don’t diminish the viewing experience. However, I will most likely have to fast forward through scenes that upsets me knowing in advance those mean spirited people won’t pay for their crimes.

• Like 14

joy16.png

[Devilish Joy] FINALE Ep 16 spoilers, Choi Jin Hyuk ♥ Song Ha Yoon

Article: Naver 'Devilish Joy' 'completed beauty' A happy ending  

1. [+381,-4]
I really like Choi Jin Hyuk's physique. When he smiles, his eyes disappear and shows his half-moon shaped eyes. That was really fatal. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+176,-2]
My most favorite drama in my life.♥ The most favorite actors. ♥Thank you. You've all worked hard. It's a pity that it has ended. ♥

3. [+150,-1]
Joo Gi Bbeum and Gong Ma Sung may have sad parts, but I can't forget their beautiful, sweet love. The actors Song Ha Yoon, Choi Jin Hyuk, Lee Joo Yeon, Lee Ho Won, Jang In Sub, Jeong Soo Gyo, Jeon Soo Gyeong, Oh Gwang Rok, all actors appeared in this drama, the people who casted Joo Gi Bbeum and Gong Ma Sung, director, scriptwriter, production team staff, I'm supporting you all. 

4. [+105,-2]
I was so happy because of Mabbeum this autumn~ This is the best drama of my life. ^♡^

5. [+33,-1]
Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon are just Gong Ma Sung and Joo Gi Bbeum themselves.. It lets me forget about my present life and see it everyday while smiling, crying, and my heart fluttered like crazy. I was really happy. This is the best romcom of my life, I won't be able to forget Mabbeum. I hope they both get acknowledgements  overseas and do a fanmeeting. 

6. [+22,-0]
They were so detailed at the end to have Lanjoo receiving the bouquet. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The production crew, actors, everyone is amazing!! I've enjoyed watching it~~

7. [+17,-0]
I really like Gi Bbeum and Ma Sung, Ki Joon too... I like really Ha Im in this drama too!!!!

devilish16.png

Article: Naver 'Devilish Joy' Choi Jin Hyuk, "Kissing expert? It's embarrassing, but I'll take it as a compliment" 

1. [+71,-1]
I love you, Gong Ma Sung/Choi Jin Hyuk-ssi. Let's meet a lot with good scripts. 

2. [+49,-0]
You've worked hard, Gong Ma Sung-ssi. ♥♥

3. [+50,-3]
A kissing master. ❤❤❤ Because of him, I could laugh and cry in this lonely autumn. Thank you. 

4. [+13,-0]
My heart fluttered because of Choi Jin Hyuk. I think I won't be able to forget about this drama for a long time. No, I'll remember it for a long time. It must be hard on you to film during the warm and humid summer. I pray that you'll be more popular in the future, actor Choi Jin Hyuk, fighting~^^ 

5. [+12,-0]
"A person who has sad eyes like you..." Just like his aunt's lines, I think rather than being a kissing expert, he's a master of gazes~^^ Along with his eye smiles.. 

6. [+11,-0]
Thank you for understanding the character well and expressing love filled with sincerity~~ Because of that, I was able to imagine and support you and Song Ha Yoon in reality~ I was happy during this autumn.. Please be happy too, Choi Jin Hyuk-ssi~ I look forward to watch 'An Empress' Dignity' too. 

7. [+10,-0]
Love you, Gong Ma Sung-ssi. I was really happy. I hope Mabbeum couple comes true.

cr

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

so this drama is really over.. I haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet.. I'm relieved to know it's a happy ending. 

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Exactly my thoughts too.. I will miss MaBbeumi, this OTP really upped the level of skinships in all the kdramas I've ever watched. :wub: Every time they kiss, there's butterflies in my stomach.. Haha. I wonder why we don't have yet a shipper thread here.. :P

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Am I wrong to feel that the writer wrote EP16 with 2 parts, one for the writer herself and the other, for the audience??  
The first part implies a sad ending:  MS’s memory problem has no cure.  So the writer followed that logic and let MS wander off  and die somewhere ( Since MS is a  character he can just vaporize like a mist)  GB flew over Hainan  and had a final goodbye with MS. A year later when GB told JW  she’s interested in some change in the house.    
And the other half, for her audience because we clamored loudly and insistently for a happy ending no matter what.    Like Dr Yoon who shouldn’t be in a jail with the aunt, turned into a savior sort for MS.  
Still the writer did a good job cobbling together all of the silly and nonsensical stuff like a happy wedding ( 4 th one haha) with more confusing memory loss.  On the top of it there was a funny lip-syncing scene for the end of the drama (I think this part is PD’s idea. ahaha)

After attic adventure somehow they couldn’t seem to look at each other   wonder why haha  :sweat_smile:

PyuHBLU.gif

cr to DC

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, booha said:

Am I wrong to feel that the writer wrote EP16 with 2 parts, one for the writer herself and the other, for the audience??  
The first part implies a sad ending:  MS’s memory problem has no cure.  So the writer followed that logic and let MS wander off  and die somewhere ( Since MS is a  character he can just vaporize like a mist)  GB flew over Hainan  and had a final goodbye with MS. A year later when GB told JW  she’s interested in some change in the house.    
And the other half, for her audience because we clamored loudly and insistently for a happy ending no matter what.    Like Dr Yoon who shouldn’t be in a jail with the aunt, turned into a savior sort for MS.  
Still the writer did a good job cobbling together all of the silly and nonsensical stuff like a happy wedding ( 4 th one haha) with more confusing memory loss.  On the top of it there was a funny lip-syncing scene for the end of the drama (I think this part is PD’s idea. ahaha)

Actually, that kind of makes sense. There is a sense that MS has been gone so long, that KJ and GB are settling into their new lives without MS, even though they both miss him and long for him. When GB goes to Hainan back to the cafe where they had gotten together, and she talks to her memory of him, that was a goodbye as well. And,t hen when she decides to start putting some of MS' stuff away, that is GB moving on with her life slowly.

Then it's revealed that MS has been at Healing Village for the past year after having failed to find treatments in Baltimore and wandering around waiting to day before being rescued by Dr. Yoon. And, somehow Dr. Yoon is able to facilitate MS' healing even though he wasn't able to do so before nor were the doctors in Baltimore able to help MS. Though, I guess that previously, Dr. Yoon had a vested interest in MS not getting better so couldn't effect a miracle any sooner. Still not entirely sure why Dr. Yoon had such a change of heart where he became vested in Healing Village and in helping MS get better. But, this did feel like an ending after the ending.

Still, I did say that for the sake of a happy ending, I (and others) would be willing to put up with any amounts of ridiculousness, and it seems that the production team were listening because we did get a rather nonsensical albeit happy ending. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I would rather have MS alive and kissing GB passionately enough to make KJ want to vomit than have MS dead and have all of us collectively swearing to kill the writer for giving us such an unhappy ending. :D

Actually, the only reason that the second half did not feel entirely tacked on is that it would have been too cruel and asinine of MS to deliberately leave everyone in the dark and slink off to die alone in a foreign country. That just seems so out of character for how much MS had loved everyone for him to deny GB a chance to say a final goodbye to him. Though, I guess noble idiocy knows no bounds nor character restrictions in kdramaland. Anyway, time for me to shush about it, and just go watch the kissing clips again and wonder all sorts of naughty things about how much CJH and SHY may have thrown themselves into their roles for this drama. :D

• Like 9
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:
2 hours ago, booha said:

Actually, that kind of makes sense. There is a sense that MS has been gone so long, that KJ and GB are settling into their new lives without MS, even though they both miss him and long for him. When GB goes to Hainan back to the cafe where they had gotten together, and she talks to her memory of him, that was a goodbye as well. And,t hen when she decides to start putting some of MS' stuff away, that is GB moving on with her life slowly.

I had been getting a feeling since last 6-7 episodes that there were two writers writing this drama. The original writer wrote it as a tragic romance and maybe the channel or the production house decided to change it to a romance with HEA....after it started getting good reaction from the viewers. I seem to remember CJH joined late for the shooting of ED coz he still had some scenes left to shoot for the finale. When before we were told it was completely preproduced.

And yes the Hainan bit in the last epi did feel like GB saying her goodbyes.There is also hint of a melancholy in some scenes.....dad's poetry and MS's goodbyes in epi 15....was kind of foreshadowing the sad ending. And we see MS writing his journals every day...seems to me he was supposed to have left this for GB to know what he felt and how he lived after he was gone.....sort of like a message that he's still with her....then after she finished reading them she could move on.....something similar like in the movie...P.s I love you.

• Like 10

My thought is that though they are both obviously doing pretty well financially now...still isn't it expensive to get married every week???  I am guessing MS is not working anymore. But, eventually that is going to get old, I am not sure that they can keep getting married like that for the rest of their lives. Part of me feels like MS is requesting getting married so many times because he is so happy to be with GB. 

The change of heart with Yoon taking care of MS... I am guessing that Yoon ultimately could not stop the doctor side of himself from helping. MS had demonstrated amazing ability to recall previously. Also, since MS did not remember him, it was like starting over again his relationship and leaving behind the bad blood.

But MS recovery is miraculous, the fact that in a single year he went from not remembering himself to back to his condition a after the accident is amazing progress. Which shows that he could possibly even improve upon that in the next year and the year after that. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

My thought is that though they are both obviously doing pretty well financially now...still isn't it expensive to get married every week???  I am guessing MS is not working anymore. But, eventually that is going to get old, I am not sure that they can keep getting married like that for the rest of their lives. Part of me feels like MS is requesting getting married so many times because he is so happy to be with GB. 

Well, weddings are expensive, but in this case, I think it depends on the scale of the wedding. I think the weddings may be being held in the hall at the Healing Village, so at least that expense isn't there. Then, if GB wears the same dress and MS his tuxedo, then the cost of the wedding clothing isn't there.  The expense would probably be similar to having a nice party with fresh flowers rather than putting on a total wedding production, so well within both GB and MS' means, I would think.

And, I think that they will eventually stop having the wedding ceremonies. It seems that MS is just so happy to be married to GB, that he wants to repeat the experience over and over again to try to impress the memories into his brain, however, they probably want to do other things as well. And, of course, when they have children, they will probably slow down the wedding ceremonies themselves. :)

7 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

But MS recovery is miraculous, the fact that in a single year he went from not remembering himself to back to his condition a after the accident is amazing progress. Which shows that he could possibly even improve upon that in the next year and the year after that. 

Yes, and I think that speaks to the hopeful voiceover ending where even though they are living happily now, they hope that someday they can just be a normal couple living a plain, ordinary life.

17 minutes ago, dito said:

I had been getting a feeling since last 6-7 episodes that there were two writers writing this drama. The original writer wrote it as a tragic romance and maybe the channel or the production house decided to change it to a romance with HEA....after it started getting good reaction from the viewers.

This humor/tragedy dichotomy seems to be a thing in kdramas lately. I seem to be seeing more and more dramas where the comedy is as prominent as the melodrama aspect. I suppose I'm used to having one or the other element playing a secondary role to soften the central tenet rather than having it whiplash between the two states of being given equal time and treatment.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Then it's revealed that MS has been at Healing Village for the past year after having failed to find treatments in Baltimore and wandering around waiting to day before being rescued by Dr. Yoon. And, somehow Dr. Yoon is able to facilitate MS' healing even though he wasn't able to do so before nor were the doctors in Baltimore able to help MS. Though, I guess that previously, Dr. Yoon had a vested interest in MS not getting better so couldn't effect a miracle any sooner. Still not entirely sure why Dr. Yoon had such a change of heart where he became vested in Healing Village and in helping MS get better. But, this did feel like an ending after the ending. 

Still, I did say that for the sake of a happy ending, I (and others) would be willing to put up with any amounts of ridiculousness, and it seems that the production team were listening because we did get a rather nonsensical albeit happy ending. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I would rather have MS alive and kissing GB passionately enough to make KJ want to vomit than have MS dead and have all of us collectively swearing to kill the writer for giving us such an unhappy ending. :D

Actually, the only reason that the second half did not feel entirely tacked on is that it would have been too cruel and asinine of MS to deliberately leave everyone in the dark and slink off to die alone in a foreign country. That just seems so out of character for how much MS had loved everyone for him to deny GB a chance to say a final goodbye to him. Though, I guess noble idiocy knows no bounds nor character restrictions in kdramaland. Anyway, time for me to shush about it, and just go watch the kissing clips again and wonder all sorts of naughty things about how much CJH and SHY may have thrown themselves into their roles for this drama. :D

Thank god OTP have such oozing chemistry to carry on the drama.  So much that we couldn’t tell whether they were acting real or for the parts on the screen.  haha It seems this feeling about them is unanimous among the viewers.    Someone here mentioned about possible Dispatch with CJH & SHY   haha  Yup I’m going to look out for Dispatch photo of these two. haha  Btw thank you for the translation especially for the last episode.   When the lines are written in texts,  without having distraction from the image,  they are more enjoyable and more appreciated.   thanks always :)

8 hours ago, dito said:

I had been getting a feeling since last 6-7 episodes that there were two writers writing this drama. The original writer wrote it as a tragic romance and maybe the channel or the production house decided to change it to a romance with HEA....after it started getting good reaction from the viewers. I seem to remember CJH joined late for the shooting of ED coz he still had some scenes left to shoot for the finale. When before we were told it was completely preproduced.

And yes the Hainan bit in the last epi did feel like GB saying her goodbyes.There is also hint of a melancholy in some scenes.....dad's poetry and MS's goodbyes in epi 15....was kind of foreshadowing the sad ending. And we see MS writing his journals every day...seems to me he was supposed to have left this for GB to know what he felt and how he lived after he was gone.....sort of like a message that he's still with her....then after she finished reading them she could move on.....something similar like in the movie...P.s I love you.

No doubt the battle between the writer and the producer is a never ending struggle as the main task of a producer’s job is getting a good rating which brings in a lot more cfs.    You are right. Maybe the writer wanted a tragic but beautiful romance but the producer said nopenope and tried to satisfy the viewers with HEA.   Voila!  at the end PDnim banged their heads together and made them compromise??  haha  :sweatingbullets::lol:

Still I have to watch the last episode again with raw& subs. It seems there are many good lines, funny/cute/charming.  It’s very touching to read MS dreaming about an “ordinary tomorrow” (meaning him to recover and to live with GB like any other couple)  Oh well I better just concentrate on their happy wedding kiss and the end.  After all it’s just a drama.-_-

one more time

Somebody found MaBbum’s coffee shop :P

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I love the chemistry between CJH and SHJ. :heart: Hope whatever bond they had through the drama will blossom into a more beautiful storry off-cam. :kiss_wink:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

MBN RATINGS:
Episode 15 - 1.9%
Episode 16 - 2.2% (highest one)

Whew, avoided any spoilers and finally finished the last two episodes. Honestly, I was filled with dread before watching the finale. I used to always look forward to this drama and picked it first before any others. Well, I was worried that there would be no happy ending, but I also didn't think the writer would torture us with a tragic ending after all that draggy angst. Like they couldn't make Ma Sung any more pitiful, right? Anyway, the wedding scenes were cute and gave me some relief. And the cast singing Gi Bbeum's song was a funny touch. 

I don't regret watching this drama, but it could have been so much better. Choi Jin Hyuk is already gearing up for another one. I hope Song Ha Yoon gets more roles soon too. ^^ ❤️

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

Hi, this is my 1st post here. When in Episode 8 MS remembered GB and he kissed her in that healing village,  does anyone knows where can I get that background score? It was so beautiful. I couldn't find it anywhere.

• Like 7

I am glad this drama has a happy ending even though it could've been better.:D

It's been a fun ten weeks in this thread. Thanks chingus, see you in another thread.;)

I am gonna miss our Ma-Beum couple. They leveled up the chemistry in K-drama land.  :wub:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

On 10/27/2018 at 12:53 AM, booha said:

After attic adventure somehow they couldn’t seem to look at each other   wonder why haha  :sweat_smile:

booha :lol: there is a YT clip with the caption mentioning "MS and Joy kissing passionately in a small room - messy hair + clothing "removed" (*cough* uri hottie's shirt is tucked out) - making one's imagination run wild... **point to @triplem** :glasses::

Spoiler

42Y7Llx.jpg

ghzIgi7.jpg

:kiss_wink:o...kay... we should expect BBs on the way soon.. heee... *cough~~*

(Okay..okay.. *slaps forehead*)

Nz5sGAo.jpg

:grimace: btw we have comments in MBN IG asking about the wrapup party. 

The fountain rain reunion kiss::wub:

Spoiler

:joy: pardon me - this scene is stuck in my head:

*wink* @mouse007

Spoiler

NE8ibZl.jpg

Hahahahaa... my stomach aching...*ouch!*

:blush:Ok chill...Check out Hottie's latest pics update by his agency for the final episode @naver:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7