Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Evergreen (That Man Oh Soo) 그남자 오수

Decided to check this drama out and I like it so far. It’s very cute and entertaining :) 

Fav moments so far:

- When Beautiful from Goblin’s soundtrack played while they ended up in that back hug in front of the high school kids

- Their first kiss 

- Being stuck together in the elevator 

Also found bts from episodes 1 and 2 :)

And a couple stills from eps 1 and 2 too 

Looking forward to next week’s episodes! I finally have a drama again to keep up with every week :lol:

• Like 5

8 Evergreen scenes that will hook you from the beginning

by Shelly M on Wed, Mar 07, 2018

cab90699-aceb-4b51-b3e5-04f1dbb64c51.PNG

Lee Jonghyun's Evergreen (That Man, Oh Soo) kicked off its exciting premiere on Monday. Only two episodes in, we're already under this drama's spell. We were blown away by the perfect mix between hints of romance and elements of the supernatural. Let's reminisce about eight scenes during premiere week that already have us hooked.

1. Learning about Oh Soo's (Lee Jonghyun) supernatural ability to see "love colors" around people was thrilling! By sensing the love aura around individuals he can determine how deeply in love they really are.

2. Oh Soo's brother, Oh Ga Nah, thoroughly enjoying Oh Soo's blind dates was hysterical! Who knew someone else's blind dates could be so much fun?

3. Our leading man's weak attempt at trying to apprehend an alleged criminal accidentally turned into a classic K-drama back hug. Even the high school girls who asked him for help got annoyed!

4. That moment when Seo Yoo Ri's longtime boyfriend admits that he wants to get married to someone else was outrageous! She waited years for his proposal, but instead, Oh Soo's love potion forced her cheating boyfriend to finally tell her the truth.

5. Yoo Ri's old classmate (Kang Tae Oh) accidentally ran into her at the ER. It was a little upsetting when she deserted him and got a ride home with Oh Soo. It seems he's been dying to reconnect with her for years but didn't have her contact information. I have a feeling he'll be Oh Soo's love rival throughout the series.

6. The moment we learn about Oh Soo's tree tattoo we wonder if he'll mysteriously turn into a K-drama villain. A leading man with secret ink isn't common in dramaland. If he's good, he would want to flaunt his trendy tattoo!

7. Our main couple showed their vulnerabilities when they were stuck in the elevator. Yoo Ri (Kim So Eun) admitted she was scared right away, but Oh Soo hid his fear until the last minute.

8. We begin to wonder if Oh Soo is a superhero when he collapses because his tattoo starts to fade. Plus, the seemingly magical tree in his home is dying too.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/-evergreen-scenes-that-will-hook-you-from-the-beginning/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OMG Yay :heart:, Lee Jong Hyun face is able to heal my broken heart from Son Oh Gong departure!!

Definitely spring days are gonna be pretty with this drama, Loving the first 2 episodes already.

Any chingus here know the song played @episode 1, when Yoo-Ri walking home drunk from the store (removing the heels on the street). Thank you. :)

• Like 4

Ep 1 & 2 w/Eng subs:

So happy this isn't the usual teen/early adult angsty drama!

There is some romance, long-lost friends, the au currant requisite 'genius,' a hooligan sibling, a goofball in traditional blonde, KrazyGramps and a trendy little coffee shop !   Take all of that and sauce it with a bit of supernatural... well, you just might have something.

Count me IN!

• Like 6

Ottoke with two handome boys in this drama :wub::wub:

preview ep4

clips ep3

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I will try to do a quick rough (there maybe mistakes I am watching with Chinese subs) recap of episode 3.

Grandpa looks for a book with old pictures of the magic tree.

Oh Soo collapses.  Grandpas tree tattoo is disappearing.  Grandpa uses his energy to heal the dying magic tree. Oh Soo wakes up and calls for Grandpa and rushes off to find him.  Yuri thinks he should have at least called her Grandma not Grandpa.

Oh Soo sees Grandpa at the magic tree.

Grandpa says what does it feel like to almost die. I saved you. 

Oh Soo: what are you doing?

Grandpa: Did you think I was joking yesterday?  I wasn't joking. Today I helped you, but next time you have to help yourself.

Ohh Soo: I told you I can't do it, I won't do it (be cupid/use the magic pollen)

Grandpa shows Oh Soo his damaged arm and tells him that he no longer has enough energy to look after the magic tree anymore.  And that it is Oh Soo fate to look after it.

Oh Soo goes to sleep and Grandpa stops his brother from waking him up.  Oh Soo goes batting (odd slowmo scene of Oh Soo batting). Oh Soo goes home and seems grumpy.

Yuri fills up the drinks vending machine opposite the coffee shop.  She notices the coffee shop is closed.  She wonders if Oh Soo is very sick.

Oh Soo calls work to tell them he will not be in for the next week or so.

Oh Soo is working at the coffee shop and Grandpa is spying via CCTV until Oh Soo block his view with a leaf.  Grandpa tells Oh Soo's brother to spy on Oh Soo to check if he is doing well.  Oh Soo's brother doesn't think he is doing well (in the cupid department) since Oh Soos never been in love, and doesn't have lovey dovey feelings.

Oh Soo's brother asks Oh Soo what colour pollen did he give the girl in the coffee shop.  Oh Soo says he didn't give any.  Oh Soo says her confidence is too low and she need to look after herself first.

Oh Soo's brother thinks that Oh Soo has no confidence to use the pollen because of the girl (Yuri) from last time who smashed the glass.

Oh Soo's brother tells him to start with the people he is close to first, the people he often sees.  He ask Oh Soo if he has anyone who he is close to.

Oh Soo scrolls through his list of contacts.  Oh Soo tries to offer the delivery guy coffee since he has known him for a while and sees him everyday.  Delivery guy is busy and refuses.  Oh Soo' brother thinks this is very funny, Oh Soo looks sheepish.

The girl gang is trying to stop the teacher from meeting their parents by faking a call from one of their sisters telling the teacher that they are busy so can't come to school. The teacher then says he will visit their home if that is the case.

Yuri is talking to the police chief trying to get a promotion.  Chief says she needs to solve a big case to be considered for promotion.  Yuri asks for case files.  Yuri gets a call from the teacher to meet to talk about her sister.

Yuri returns to a very messy home. Yuri cleans up.  Yuri needs money for rental deposit?  But she also needs money for her sisters University fees.

Yuri goes to check how much money the vending machine has made.  Yuri calls her landlord to say that they may need to move out.  The second post-it says the vending machine is on private property and to discuss with the Tree coffee shop opposite.

Yuri turns around to see Oh Soo.  She says she will move it, to give her some time.  Oh Soo tells her to just leave the vending machine there.  He ask if she doesn't have any socks.

Grandpa turns out to be the landlord of Yuri's apartment.  Oh Soo figures out that Yuri is the tenant and wonders why she wants to leave.  Grandpa think it's because of money problems.

Yuri meets Grandpa and signs the contract for the apartment.  Grandpa says his Grandson said that they don't need the money.  Grandpa is giving the deposit money back to Yuri and also letting her stay.  Grandpa says his Grandson is handsome and intelligent. Yuri is very grateful, to pass on her thanks to his Grandson.  Grandpa says they must have seen each other before since he works at the coffee shop. She finds out that the Grandson is Oh soo.  Grandpa tells Yuri to call him Grandpa.  Grandpa ask Yuri if she knows that someone had tried to commit suicide in the apartment.  Yuri explains that it was her but it was not suicide.

Grandpa tells Oh Soo that the girl in 301 didn't try to commit suicide.  That it was just a combination of coffee allergy? and alcohol.  Oh Soo had thought she had tried to commit suicide because of being dumped by the boyfriend who drank his pollen.

Stopping here may continue tomorrow if English sub not out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@satanghaesolim @0ly40 Thanks for the preview. I should have waited to watch both episodes on Tuesday night but I just couldn't help not watching tonights show. 

Does anyone think he's going to kiss her? It seems to me Oh Soo has been feeling those welcome vibes around  Yoo Ri to the point he jealous when he heard her talking about teachernim.naughty.png I hope they kiss.

• Like 5

Oh Soo ... his smile is so addicted, so refreshing like a lil kid - I wonder where have I been so far, coz this is the first Lee Jong Hyun's drama I watch. The way OS showed jealousy when YooRi talked on phone saying that her school friend is so handsome Hahaha so cute :tongue:.

I just realized how beautiful episode 3 intro piano ost is, "Time took over, we all lost our minds and... now we're ...when I met you, you were kind of shy" - Whooooaa it made me cry .....But that 33 seconds intro ost were deleted @ other websites.:(

I found it, from his own ***gram, Isn't it so lovely:heart:?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, just drop by to this thread to make this thread more active hahaha because to be honest it's already eps 3 but it's only have 3 pages so far T___T.. I haven't watch episode 3, maybe tonight.. I'm just curious about the ratings, did anyone knew the ratings of this drama ?

I like kim so eun from BBF and like Lee Jong Hyun too because CN Blue.. Hopefully the drama will be famous and have a good review from viewers.. and if I have time, hopefully I can update this thread too.. :)

• Like 6

Rating from wiki. I don't know if this is good bad or average since it is a cable channel and ratings are normally lower.

Ratings[edit]

• In this table, The blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.
  • N/A denotes that the rating is not known.
Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen Ratings[13] TNmS Ratings[14]
Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area Nationwide
1 March 5, 2018 0.4%   0.4%
2 March 6, 2018 0.3%   0.5%

Some stills for episode 4.  Looks like they made up. :blush:

I was just reading the wiki page and there will be a special appearance by the Virgin Bodhisattva also known as Guanyin or the Goddess of Mercy in Chinese folk religions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Do you know the name of the background song and singer @PororoQueen?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Really how many times are these 2 goign to be in some danger haha :D

Hopefully many :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 3