Quantcast

2 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

Hmm.. i went through all the rules and i dont see it. Care to quote which one you mean?

11. Do not create new threads to post news.   Post the latest information in the related actors/actresses, dramas/movies or sitcoms/variety/reality shows threads. Refrain from asking questions or adding additional comments to the news posts. Only post reliable news: translations by users, blogs, and forums are not considered reliable sources. Please provide a link to the source of the news. Please credit your sources as appropriate.      

Like you I think it's nice of people to share pictures and news BUT sources are needed. Otherwise anyone can post whatever they want. How are we supposed to believe those are reliable news/sources?

• Like 5

I understand that rule as applicable to news and translations. Sources of news is of course important, to know its reliability. But what rachelyun posted was pictures. I dont think reliability of the pictures is a question here. 

• Like 5

So happy,  there have been a lot of updates...looking forward for the preview..:wub:. Hope this drama will come in strong despite the issue of TV Chosun being its broadcasting network and late of time for their broadcast time

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

I understand that rule as applicable to news and translations. Sources of news is of course important, to know its reliability. But what rachelyun posted was pictures. I dont think reliability of the pictures is a question here. 

It is when no other Korean news articles appear with any of these pictures. And that's it.

It's simple: credit if credit is due. And since neither of us is the legal owner of those pictures it's only fair to post the source. Period.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

It is when no other Korean news articles appear with any of these pictures. And that's it.

It's simple: credit if credit is due. And since neither of us is the legal owner of those pictures it's only fair to post the source. Period.

Well, if the pictures were not of the main casts, and were just set locations, and unidentifiable as relating to the drama, i agree those are questionable pictures and the reliability is questionable in that sense. In regards to those pictures, i think the reliability is not the question, and furthermore, they are not news.

Its true credit is important where it is due. But as ive mentioned, no one here intends to misuse those pictures, sell them for profit, etc. So why cant we quietly enjoy and be grateful to have those pics without wondering the source? No one is claiming legal ownership and the pics are already spread all over instagram anyway.. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

Well, if the pictures were not of the main casts, and were just set locations, and unidentifiable as relating to the drama, i agree those are questionable pictures and the reliability is questionable in that sense. In regards to those pictures, i think the reliability is not the question, and furthermore, they are not news.

Its true credit is important where it is due. But as ive mentioned, no one here intends to misuse those pictures, sell them for profit, etc. So why cant we quietly enjoy and be grateful to have those pics without wondering the source? No one is claiming legal ownership and the pics are already spread all over instagram anyway.. 

It is when no other Korean news articles appear with any of these pictures. 

This is my last comment on this topic.

And my last reminder: give credit when credit is due.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree to Jillia.

In my knowledge, the reading script photos must be released by the production or broadcasting thru the official news. I think they have plans for promoting .

That is why I was so surprised to see those in the forum and the social media account posted by Rachelyun. 

It is not like the actors’ selfies. If she got it from the reliable source, she just need to credit the source. However, I can’t think of the reliable source at this point. Even if she found it somewhere online, she should wait until the production release it by their scheduled plan. 

We are not talking about her intentions. It is very simple rule. No matter what, she needs to credit it. Some fans just thank her for sharing it, but I want to enjoy those great pictures when it is officially released thru the production. 

Now those pictures were reposted by many of YSY’s fans. I am very surprised that none of them are questioning about the source and just enjoy it. It is a common sense. I believe Jillia and I gave you enough explanation. So, I am done here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello, everyone!

I am new to this thread, but I'm a veteran K-drama watcher, LOL. I've been lurking since page 1 and it's only now that I've decided to de-lurk and join in the fun.

Anyway, I am a certified Jin Se Yeon stan - been one for almost 8 years now. Hehe.... And yup, Jin Se Yeon brought me here. I am so excited 'cause I have always dreamed of seeing Se Yeon in pretty hanbok (which is my ultimate fave period costume). When I found out that the writer/director of this drama were the same as that of Joseon Gunman and that other drama I forgot, I totally squealed! Did you remember all those beautiful hanbok from Joseon Gunman? I am praying Jin Se Yeon will be able to wear the same intricately-designed hanbok in here. Plus my second dream of seeing her in a love triangle (with two male leads and one female lead and NOT the other way around) finally happening is just too much happiness!!!! I am sooooooo pumped!!!!!!!!!!

Also: Hello, @blackberrypie! We don't mean to roast you, It's just that citing sources is a SOP in any field for any type of document which are not your own and regardless of the intent. Also, some people would like to get into the link and see the original source, so credits are very helpful for that. :) 

Last thought: I hope to see the official photos soon. And the press conference and stuff. Why are they still not promoting this drama like hell??????????? We need more updates!!!!!!!!!! I need it, give it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 7

@djappleblush well, i already mention my POV. I understand if source is required when its a question of reliability, which is why the rules were there. But the rules never explicitly mention Pictures. The rules apply to news and translations, in which i agree, reliability of news and translations is important so as not to mislead people. But in this case, it is pictures, and not just a vague picture, but picture of the main cast. No question about its reliability there. If you want to go by SOP and rules, then prove to me the rules explicitly says that sources are required for pictures! But no, the rules doesnt explicitly says it applies to pictures at all. Unless you go ahead and change the rules so that moving forward all pictures must state source as well, in which i’ll concur as rules are rules. I understand credit is due where it is, but in this case, no one is claiming credit, and we all obviously knows the poster isnt claiming credit for it. She/he is just sharing it to fans of the drama in this forum. The question of source required for the pics is not to know its reliability nor is it to give credit, so i honestly dont understand why you ppl are so adamant about source for mere pictures, when even rules dont state anything about it. But fine, if you want to forcibly impose your authority here in this thread based on your own rules... fine, go ahead.. in the future i think ppl should just not share any pictures in this thread since ‘sources’ are apparently extremely important to some ppl here. A picture is said to worth a thousand words.. so if you still question the reliability of a picture, maybe there’s something wrong with the quote.

• Like 4

So, apparently instead of airing the drama on two days they will only air 2 episodes on Sunday. I wonder though how this will work out for the reception of the drama itself? I hope it will still gain many viewers.

Source: HERE

And hopefully we will from now on get more and more official news soon in regards of teasers and stills. :)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

@djappleblush well, i already mention my POV. I understand if source is required when its a question of reliability, which is why the rules were there. But the rules never explicitly mention Pictures. The rules apply to news and translations, in which i agree, reliability of news and translations is important so as not to mislead people. But in this case, it is pictures, and not just a vague picture, but picture of the main cast. No question about its reliability there. If you want to go by SOP and rules, then prove to me the rules explicitly says that sources are required for pictures! But no, the rules doesnt explicitly says it applies to pictures at all. Unless you go ahead and change the rules so that moving forward all pictures must state source as well, in which i’ll concur as rules are rules. I understand credit is due where it is, but in this case, no one is claiming credit, and we all obviously knows the poster isnt claiming credit for it. She/he is just sharing it to fans of the drama in this forum. The question of source required for the pics is not to know its reliability nor is it to give credit, so i honestly dont understand why you ppl are so adamant about source for mere pictures, when even rules dont state anything about it. But fine, if you want to forcibly impose your authority here in this thread based on your own rules... fine, go ahead.. in the future i think ppl should just not share any pictures in this thread since ‘sources’ are apparently extremely important to some ppl here. A picture is said to worth a thousand words.. so if you still question the reliability of a picture, maybe there’s something wrong with the quote.

Must posters who share pictures from instagram give credit too?

I notice many posters do that in this forum not just this thread.

Now I am confused. :huh:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, icemaid said:

Must posters who share pictures from instagram give credit too?

I notice many posters do that in this forum not just this thread.

Now I am confused. :huh:

Since the person who owns the Instagram account and posted the picture there, he/she should be the one giving credit to the source. I know that's mostly neglected there as well. But when you're not the owner of the IG and only link it here you basically link to the source of the picture - even if the owner of the IG account didn't but that's not your fault. I hope you know what I mean.

BUT if you go to a website and safe the picture on your computer or copy-paste the link here, so only the picture shows up it should be quiet easy to name the source.

It's only fair to give credit. Also since you wouldn't want your work to be posted somewhere without people knowing the person took it from you, right? :)

I hope this clarifies things. The internet is a complicated thing. It's so easy to copy and paste without thinking about copyright and ownership of certain pictures.

I very much enjoy when members share pictures here but I find it extremely weird that people won't take their time to simply put SOURCE: [Link] under the pictures. I remember years ago I was called out by a mod in this forum myself for forgetting naming the source.

• Like 5

A reminder to clarify some misunderstandings: 

Giving credits to where it is due has become a common practice within the soompi forums. It exists for years, it has been implemented even before I became a moderator. Until now, the legitimacy of this practice hasn't been put into doubt. Users abide by it without complaining. 

Although the rules don't expressly state  soompiers must source their pictures,  the rule is extensive to pictures, gifs and anything else that is brought in the forums from external plaforms. When we ask users to source the external information, we do not intent to impose our authority. It is a mere gesture of courtesy to give credits , it is an act of acknowledgement directed at the author.  It lies more within copyrights issues than the questionable reliability. Please, ask yourself if  you'd like your work to be copied  without being credited. Even  in university or in in college, professors require from students to cite their sources when they need to submit some papers.  Thus, we consider this rule to not be unreasonable considering it is widespread in real life. 

Hereby, I hope the misunderstandings have been clarified and any other questions about sources will not be raised.

Thank you for your understanding. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

So, apparently instead of airing the drama on two days they will only air 2 episodes on Sunday. I wonder though how this will work out for the reception of the drama itself? I hope it will still gain many viewers.

Source: HERE

And hopefully we will from now on get more and more official news soon in regards of teasers and stills. :)

@Jillia ahh I like I like! It's similar to  MBC Money Flower  2 episodes every Saturday. I prefer 2 [hour] episode in one day over the current trend of some network with  two 30 mins for 1 hour episode.  I'm gonna check this.  Viki or DF gonna sub this?

• Like 2

I'm so sorry about this, I didn't know this would create this mess, next time I won't forget adding sources or not posting anything at all lol, but this time I was short on time and I didn't have internet until now I didn't know the problem I created, please calm down, I'm editing my previous post right now...

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, jongski said:

@Jillia ahh I like I like! It's similar to  MBC Money Flower  2 episodes every Saturday. I prefer 2 [hour] episode in one day over the current trend of some network with  two 30 mins for 1 hour episode.  I'm gonna check this.  Viki or DF gonna sub this?

As far as I now neither Viki nor DF have licensed it but I'm not up-to-date on that. :)

I think we have to wait if how the drama is planned to air is being confirmed. But the articles talking about it are from official sources. :)

6 minutes ago, rachelyun said:

I'm so sorry about this, I didn't know this would create this mess, next time I won't forget adding sources or not posting anything at all lol, but this time I was short on time and I didn't have internet until now I didn't know the problem I created, please calm down, I'm editing my previous post right now...

Do not worry. It was less about you than members not understanding that pictures need credit/sources as well.

Thanks for adding the link. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorry for intruding.

I understand both parties here - as I for myself always try not forget to post sources.

But it also true that nothing said in rules about pictures. And saying about "common understanding" doesn't work, because always there will be someone who doesn't know anything about alleged understanding. 

So why doesn't add to the rules about need to sourcing pictures also if it's so important? And thus avoid any future fuss about this topic? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2