Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What a beautiful ending. Love the part where JH wasn't even shy about her intimacy in public. It reminds me of the confession scene where Hwi teased her about how they already kissed and held hands. She just forgot to say that he is her man already. Lol. Also, Hwi was pretty direct about not sleeping in his room. What a slick dude. Well that's what happens when they become an actual couple. All that shyness, reservedness and coyness dissipates and they become more open and direct with their wants and needs. And her parents are oblivious. I love it. Good times indeed. 

 

So sad this is the ending. No more anticipation for my weekends. I will have to marathon the entire series again to aid my withdrawal symptoms that are kicking in. 

 

What happen to my little baby king? No more cuteness...he grew up to be a mix of the brothers. That's awesome. I had my reservations on a happy ending like others here. It could've gone either way if they had wanted a tragedy. It was memorable that SG was able to write Hwi name but so sad for DK since he was into her but she didn't really look at him. I wonder if that is the reason why he decided to leave Hwi for awhile. BUT my initial prediction was correct. Hwi guided the little King to adulthood. They are drawing pictures together. So fitting for Grande Prince - drawing love. Except they forgot riding off to the sunset in their horses. That's ok since they give us a last kiss and a big hug. Wouldn't have said it was epic but definitely heartwarming. 

 

Man those two look so compatible. The visuals are just stunning. They even wore matching outfits for the party. Wonder if they texted each other to discuss what to wear. 

 

PD nim, please consider another drama with the same cast. Kudos for the entire cast. I will miss them. Lastly, thanks to all the fans for posting and sharing all those wonderful pics. We came through thick and thin with the characters and now to bid farewell for now. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Requiem for a Jurchen princess

 

O RSG how I love thee.  Let me count the ways

  1. I love how you are unwavering in your loyalty to Hwi.  Not giving in to the attentions of KT and batting away Hwi's suggestion that he will find help you find a marriage partner.  Loving Hwi was all you needed to be happy.
  2.  I love how you persist in calling him Hwi despite everyone else using his "proper" name "Prince Eun Sung" or "His Highness".  He is and always will be just Hwi to you (whistle if you must).
  3. I love the consistency in your character, the fact that time and again you can be relied upon to behave in a certain way regardless of the circumstance.
  4. I love how you don't play the blame game and act the victim when you have every conceivable right to do so.  You just shed your tears, endure the pain, accept that it's your lot in life and move on.
  5. I love how despite all evidence pointing to Hwi's death on the island, you chose not to believe and doggedly tried to find him yourself unlike she who bought into the lie straight away.
  6. I love how you have an innate sense of self forged through suffering as a child orphaned and do not wallow in self pity despite derogatory comments and ridicule from the Joseon and Jurchen community
  7. I love how you are blunt and authentic with the ability to voice Hwi's inner struggles and doubts, speaking truth and bearing the consequences of his anger with aplomb.
  8. I love how you continue to love Hwi despite knowing that his heart lies with another and how you suffer in silence, waiting in the sidelines, ever ready to fight by his side with no reservations or blame when called upon.
  9. I love how the only word you wanted to learn and could write was his name (Hwi).  The singularity of your love for him is unparalleled.  How fitting that it was the one word you tried to write in your own blood on his palm at your deathbed metaphorically alluding to the pouring out of your blood for his sake. (The one time I came close to shedding tears in the whole drama)
  10. I love how you love Hwi with a love so transcendent it would be akin to "agape love", a love far loftier than the "eros" shared by Hwi and his lover, always seeking his happiness above all else, even if it meant giving up your own in the process.

The pure love that Grand Prince purported to deliver did not come via the main leads.   Instead it came via the rather unassuming and unpretentious form of a Jurchen Princess who may not have been one in real life but lives on as one forever in our hearts. Vale RSG. May your arrows shoot true as you hunt in the heavenly realms as you await for Prince Hwi to join you.  RIP.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blossomz said:

What a beautiful ending. Love the part where JH wasn't even shy about her intimacy in public. It reminds me of the confession scene where Hwi teased her about how they already kissed and held hands. She just forgot to say that he is her man already. Lol. Also, Hwi was pretty direct about not sleeping in his room. What a slick dude. Well that's what happens when they become an actual couple. All that shyness, reservedness and coyness dissipates and they become more open and direct with their wants and needs. And her parents are oblivious. I love it. Good times indeed. 

 

So sad this is the ending. No more anticipation for my weekends. I will have to marathon the entire series again to aid my withdrawal symptoms that are kicking in. 

 

What happen to my little baby king? No more cuteness...he grew up to be a mix of the brothers. That's awesome. I had my reservations on a happy ending like others here. It could've gone either way if they had wanted a tragedy. It was memorable that SG was able to write Hwi name but so sad for DK since he was into her but she didn't really look at him. I wonder if that is the reason why he decided to leave Hwi for awhile. BUT my initial prediction was correct. Hwi guided the little King to adulthood. They are drawing pictures together. So fitting for Grande Prince - drawing love. Except they forgot riding off to the sunset in their horses. That's ok since they give us a last kiss and a big hug. Wouldn't have said it was epic but definitely heartwarming. 

 

Man those two look so compatible. The visuals are just stunning. They even wore matching outfits for the party. Wonder if they texted each other to discuss what to wear. 

 

PD nim, please consider another drama with the same cast. Kudos for the entire cast. I will miss them. Lastly, thanks to all the fans for posting and sharing all those wonderful pics. We came through thick and thin with the characters and now to bid farewell for now. 

Great post!!!!:blush:  It's definitely been quite the journey for everyone cast and crew and audience and I'm so pleased we got a happy ending after everything OTP suffered to be together.

 

YSY and JSY also look stunning together in their modern clothing.  It would be amazing if they could star in a modern romantic drama together. :) I wish there were more pics from the wrap party. I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to everyone especially the wonderful OTP :cold_sweat:!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 87yua . said:

I jUST SAW EPISODE 20.. OMG! REALLY GREAT ENDING.. IT MADE ME CRY !!! AWESOME SCENERY AND STORY... I THINK THE RATING IS 4-5 % :)

More than that, actually.

 

Seoul: 5.681/620,000 Viewers

Nationwide: 5.627/1,291,000 Viewers

 

It is now TV Chosun's highest rating drama. And with such rating, I can say that  they are totally back in Drama production. JTBC is not alone anymore, and I guess this is a great development for all general cable networks.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, xyr enc said:

More than that, actually.

 

Seoul: 5.681/620,000 Viewers

Nationwide: 5.627/1,291,000 Viewers

 

It is now TV Chosun's highest rating drama. And with such rating, I can say that  they are totally back in Drama production. JTBC is not alone anymore.

YAY! :D:D:D  5.6% far exceeds any expectations I had!  Such a wonderful surprised and what a great note to end the drama on for everyone :grin:

 

I think you are right.  Grand Prince really exceeded expectations especially considering at one point ratings were down to 1.5% but they managed to grab the audience back and steadily grow an audience every week.  It also did very well on Video On Demand too.  If TVChosun carry on I think they can become another viable cable contender alongside JTBC and OCN.  (Not including TVN as I think they are on another label for cable channels at this point)

 

Just posting K-Drama tweet too so can see overall ratings for Sunday :blush:

 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, raziela said:

YAY! :D:D:D  5.6% far exceeds any expectations I had!  Such a wonderful surprised and what a great note to end the drama on for everyone :grin:

 

I think you are right.  Grand Prince really exceeded expectations especially considering at one point ratings were down to 1.5% but they managed to grab the audience back and steadily grow an audience every week.  It also did very well on Video On Demand too.  If TVChosun carry on I think they can become another viable cable contender alongside JTBC and OCN.  (Not including TVN as I think they are on another label for cable channels at this point)

 

Just saw posting K-Drama news tweet too:blush:

https://twitter.com/kdrama_news/status/993279579698573313

I think I saw an article where a TV Chosun executive was qouted that they expect a huge dip in their income because they will pursue their drama production plans, so I guess they are planning to keep going for long, or even stay in drama production for good.

 

I remember when MBN, TV Chosun, Channel A and JTBC were still in their infancy, only JTBC and TV Chosun continued their drama production, although the latter stopped at around 2014. Now that the cable TV envirorment is booming and that MBC remains "dead" after the workers' strike, I guess TV Chosun will continue to get drama staff from free TV networks to produce drama series for them. I am also positive that TV Chosun will be the 6th force in Korean TV (Behind KBS, SBS, MBC, JTBC and tvN/OCN) after this achievement. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, raziela said:

Honestly 5% is very difficult. Bigger dramas with more famous casts and more publicity on bigger channels struggle to reach 5%. TVChosun is too small and doesn't have that big of an audience share in general.  I'd be very happy to be proven wrong though lol! I want our hardworking GP team to go to Hawaii too!

True. I am so happy that they reached 5%. Many people doubted that GP team would reach this rating. I guess people care too much about the free hugs! LOL :D:ph34r: In the end, GP was worthy to watch eventhough there are a lot of haters who wished for a different actress to portray jahyun’s role. I applaud JSY coz she did her best to deliver her character well and YSY is a supportive actor. I guess he brings out the best of JSY. For NG and LK, the actors did very well. I think that JSW really developed his craft well and has become a versatile actor, considering also his experience also in the industry, he can portray a villain and a protagonist very well.

im gonna miss GP, but RL calls, and be happy to have watched such a gem drama. :wub:

  • Like 10
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prosperous ending! :heart: ... the blooded battlefield led to a bright garden, the sword replaced by painting brush، love made chasing away hatred ، and at the end our couple ended up in happy union ... always darkness gets broken by light containing love ... :blush: 

And the result made a sweet party event ... :wink::D

 

 
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More great vids from the wrap party!

 

YSY, Baby King and JSY are so adorable. YSY seems to be great with kids; he and the Baby King really bonded.

 

Naughty JSW with the champagne! I think he forgot there was a minor literally right next to him lol! Lol @ HwiHyun running away from the champagne with Baby King.

Thanks to muran_jiandan in IG and kss67002 for reposting

 

It's lovely to see how happy and close they all are. They were all working together for 6 + months which is long for a 20 episode drama so it's wonderful to see their bond. Really glad the drama has turned out so well for everybody.

  • Like 9
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'I was really happy with the day I spent with the big army' 
5.6% record of the last inning, beautiful finish with reverberation! Gwanghwamun Free Hug!:grin:31543666_229404241142256_13996142641964631956267_229404254475588_42966916995995432073106_229404277808919_765219883877767

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...