Quantcast

GRAND PRINCE 대군

fYn6Kp.jpg&key=3bff130a7f3178993d7614e8b

.: DRAMA INFORMATION :.

Korean Title: 대군 - 사랑을 그리다

English Title: Grand Prince - He yearns for Love
Genre: Historical drama / romance / melodrama
Episodes: 20
Broadcast network: TV Chosun (Saturday/Sunday)
Release Date:  March 3rd ~ May 6th
Air time: Saturday and Sunday (10:30 pm KST)
Official Website: HERE
Director/Producer: Kim Jung Min (past work: The Joseon Gunman, The Princess' Man)
Writer: Jo Hyun Kyung (past work: Maids)
Watch The Episodes On: VIKI

.: SYNOPSIS :.

LEE KANG (Joo Sang Wook) is an ambitious prince. He falls in love with SUNG JA HYUN (Jin Se Yun). She is a beautiful woman from a prestigious family, but LEE KANG's younger brother LEE HWI (Yoon Shi Yoon) also loves her. To have JA HYUN, LEE KANG wants to become the King... even if he has to kill his younger brother.

(Source: Dramawiki)

.: CAST & CHARACTERS :.

YOON SHI YOON as LEE HWI / GRAND PRINCE EUNSEONG

51715081b37193dba3e1746d077b9e545aed7d88

JOO SANG WOOK as LEE KANG / GRAND PRINCE JINYANG later GRAND PRINCE SUYANG

406474647076a7c5bd78fa27eafbbe660d782e26

JIN SE YUN as SUNG JA HYUN

30422954ba3f9263ae2257abe8e4e385a0ed2a93

RYU HYO YOUNG as YOON NA GYEOM / LEE KANG's wife

2714467176c9c3b3b25f41b30a0bcba03b23304a

CHO YOON SEO as JUNG SUL HWA

070066365dc5abf4f41a7fda30465918a3c12e57

Spoiler

YANG MI KYUNG  as QUEEN SHIM SSI

8609115372a302a7a4ef342d115ebb6affda24a4

SONG JAE HEE  as THE KING

SON BYEONG HO as YANGAN DAEGUN / THE KING's brother

45165781017e07e8f4a0f9e89e7d76d699ee51e1

KIM MI KYUNG as JUKSAN AHN SSI (from Juksan Ahn Clan)

282984399d9d18ec3ce61f9fb4eeb7fca62f91e8

LEE KI YOUNG as SUNG WOK

03133691f4f07cdae322a6b69c828cea24cbe1ba

SON JI HYUN as ROO SHI GAE / LEE HWI's guard

45167096980f9cff421939aef50695394e302e0b

HAN JAE SUK as SUNG DEUK SHIK / JA HYUN's older brother

739481329e07af6bbb281a54a8a99609d214bf5c

MOON JI IN as KKEUT DAN

2991263077b68b2b88c4d2bbf3814043cd70bdc7

CHOO SOO HYUNG as CHO YO KYUNG

70386815b16e243797571570db6bb910e921bf06

KIM JUNG KYUN as SHIM JUNG

SHIN YI as COURT LADY JANG / Head of Court Ladies Department

CHOE SUNG JAE as KIM GWAN / LEE HWI's guard / a commander born from a military family with excellent competence and determination

CHUN HO JIN as TBA

KIM BO BAE as TBA

CAST WILL BE UPDATED/CORRECTED ACCORDING TO CASTING NEWS

.: CHARACTERS RELATIONSHIPS CHART :.

95898860e4f270386245691a0869798adf7874c6

.: INTRODUCTION CLIP :.

Rules:

Please follow the FORUM RULES!

Don't post any requests for subs.

Anything unrelated to the drama is considered spamming.

Don't quote pictures.

Don't post illegal streaming links.

Please give credit where credit is due.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

jin se yun considers another sageuk, "Grand Prince"photo900494.jpg

Will actress Jin Se-yun take on TV Chosun historical drama "Grand Prince"? It is the story of two princes, brothers who share both love and hate, who fight over a woman. One loves so strongly that he would even kill his own sibling to try and protect his woman from being approached by anyone.

It is written by Jo Hyeon-kyeong and directed by Kim Jeong-min-III.

Jin Se-yun last appeared in the MBC drama "Flower In Prison"

http://www.hancinema.net/jin-se-yun-considers-another-sageuk-grand-prince-111210.html

Joo Sang Wook and Jin Se Yeon Offered Lead Roles in Korean Drama “Grand Prince”

Grand Prince Korean Drama - Joo Sang WookGrand Prince Korean Drama - Jin Se Yeon

Joo Sang Wook (Fantastic) and Jin Se Yeon (Flower in Prison) have been offered lead roles in the new TV Chosun drama Grand Prince. Grand Prince follows the love-haterelationship between two princes and the woman they both love.

Joo Sang Wook would play the power hungry Grand Prince with Jin Se Yeon as the beautiful and passionate daughter of a government official. The drama comes from the writer of Maids and the PD of Joseon Gunman.

Well, you can pretty much sign me up for any historical love triangles especially those with a tortured bromance. I can easily see Joo Sang Wook doing well with this role, and I’m also fine with Jin Se Yeon if she signs on. I’m pretty spoiled after thoroughly enjoying the love triangle and friendships in the recent drama The King Loves. Here’s hoping we could get even half of the awesomeness that it was.

Grand Prince is looking to air in January 2018 on TV Chosun.

https://kdramakisses.com/2017/10/20/joo-sang-wook-and-jin-se-yeon-offered-lead-roles-in-korean-drama-grand-prince/#more-21798

• Like 5

I think this drama might air at the end of this year (the soonest) or early next year. They'll probably confirm the lads soon to start filming since sageuks take more time to prepare :D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tw20127 said:

I think this drama might air at the end of this year (the soonest) or early next year. They'll probably confirm the lads soon to start filming since sageuks take more time to prepare :D

We most likely going to be a confirmation this weekend or next week,considering the secound lead is already confirmed,i wonder who the other prince is gonna be <_<

• Like 1

I remember he was in the The Great Queen Seondeok ,dont know bout anything else but he was good

• Like 4

Moderator Note

No actors or actresses has been confirmed. As per the rules I'm locking this thread until said confirmation. Please do not start a thread without at least one confirmation. For more on the rules around starting a new thread please check these out ----

FYI (For Your Information)

7. Before creating a new thread, check the pinned Official Threads Directory to make sure the topic doesn't already exist. Only one thread per drama or movie will be active. Be sure to check! Some dramas and movies may be under different names. In addition, please post the link in the directory so that it can be added to the database. This is in place of the search function. 

No new drama thread shall be created till either a. drama's press conference / prayer ceremony is held, or b. official homepage / poster for the drama is available, or c. there is at least 1 confirmed cast.    No new movie thread shall be created till there is at least 1 confirmed cast announced by the production company and not based on speculations. 

News regarding the drama/movie, till then, can be instead posted to the respective actors'/actresses' thread. This is to prevent/lower the possibility of misleading information as well as spamming in the threads upon a drama/movie thread's first creation.   

Also, when you're creating a new thread, please be sure to include these information in the first post: a profile (with English translations), description of the respective actor/actress' works, and pictures. If you are starting a new thread for a drama/sitcom/variety show, please be sure you can provide sufficient information and update it as often as possible so we can fully organize the thread.     

Below is a sample of what we would consider as sufficient to start a new thread:      

Title : [upcoming Drama 2017] (once it starts broadcasting, you may change it to [Current Drama 2016] and [Drama 2016] when it has ended. Episodes : Broadcast Company : MBC/KBS/SBS etc (obsolete if its a Movie thread) Cast :  Airing Date & time: start date + time slot PD : Production Company : Official Website : (may not have one if its a Movie) Storyline/Synopsis :

As more information becomes available (towards the dramas airing and during the drama's run), please try to include: 

OST Ratings (Seoul & Nationwide, TNS) Links to official gallery (some may not know how to navigate the official site) - please do not hotlink images Links to official previews ( ditto) Subtitles

We also encourage the following:  - Translated news
  - Link to forum rules

Thread title naming convention  Threadstarter should name the threads in the following convention so that visitors may find the thread easily although we have an Official Threads Directory.  Use romanized name/title, followed by name/title in Korean characters: 

Actor 탤런트 [upcoming/Current Drama YYYY] Drama 드라마  [Movie YYYY] Movie 영화 [Variety] Variety 예능 

• Thanks 1

37November 9, 2017

Yoon Shi-yoon offered historical melodrama Grand Prince

by girlfriday

YoonShiYoon1.jpg

It looks like TV Chosun’s new historical melodrama Grand Prince is on its way to finalizing its three main leads, with an offer currently out to Yoon Shi-yoon(The Best Hit) to join Jin Se-yeon (Flower in Prison) and Joo Sang-wook(Fantastic) in the high-stakes court drama about two royal brothers who fall in love with the same woman and end up in a bloody battle over her.

Every time I read descriptions for this drama, I’m convinced it’s trying to recreate the magic of Seven Day Queen, and my heart rebels, screaming, But it’s too soon! There can’t be another Seven Day Queen! Even the casting seems to support this, with Joo Sang-wook set to play a power-hungry Joseon grand prince who dreams of absolute control over his kingdom and is willing to trade his brother’s life to win his love.

If Yoon Shi-yoon signs on, he’d play a prince, but not the title character—that’s Joo Sang-wook—though I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the romantic hero, given that Joo Sang-wook’s grand prince doesn’t sound all that cuddly and lovable. Also, casting Yoon Shi-yoon as the second romantic lead in a drama would only cause everyone pain. And you wouldn’t do that to us, would you?

Jin Se-yeon will play the daughter of a powerful official, who is righteous and compassionate and famous for her beauty. She’s a character who tries to keep the world at a distance, but ends up embroiled in a complex royal battle, not only between the men, but also the women of the court who are vying to become queen.

I’m not sure I want Yoon Shi-yoon to sign on, even though I would love to see him in another historical drama (or yunno, any drama), because TV Chosun productions often fly under the radar and have never made big waves in the ratings. On the upside, the series comes from a very solid production team: PD Kim Jung-min of Princess’s Man and Joseon Gunman and writer Jo Hyun-jung of Maids, so maybe they’ll pull out something beautiful and we’ll be happy to give them all our tears.

Grand Prince is being planned for a January 2018 broadcast.

Via News1

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yoon Si Yoon being considered for new drama 'Daegoon'

By jennywill    4 days ago    7,314    1,896    20
yoon-si-yoon

SHARES
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Google+
Yoon Si Yoon is being considered for a role on 'Daegoon'.

His label said, "'Daegoon' is one of the dramas he is considering," and the drama's broadcasting station, TV Chosun, also said, "We are in discussion."

SEE ALSO: 'My Big Question' PD explains the reason why Yoon Si Yoon was selected as the presenter

'Daegoon' is the title given to a prince in the Chosun era. The drama is about two princes who are in love with one woman, who are ready to even kill for love. It is scheduled to air in January.

• Like 6

Yoon Shi Yoon Offered Lead Role in Korean Drama “Grand Prince”
Posted on November 13, 2017 by Kay
Grand Prince Korean Drama - Yoon Shi Yoon

Yoon Shi Yoon (The Best Hit) is the latest to be offered a role in the new TV Chosun drama Grand Prince which follows the love-hate  relationship between two princes and the woman they both love. The drama comes from the writer of Maids and the PD of Joseon Gunman.

Yoon Shi Yoon would play one of the princes, although not the main one. Offers are still out to Joo Sang Wook (Fantastic) as the power hungry Grand Prince and Jin Se Yeon (Flower in Prison) as the beautiful and passionate daughter of a government official.

I am officially torn on this! I’m very excited about this historical love triangle and all three of these potential cast members. I’m also very much wanting to see Yoon Shi Yoon in another role, especially a historical, but I don’t want him to be the second lead. At least this does sound like both men will play large roles though, so there’s that. I’m anxious to see who all signs on!

Grand Prince is looking to air in January 2018 on TV Chosun.

https://kdramakisses.com/

Yoon Shi Yoon Considers Prince Role In New Historical Drama

Yoon-Shi-Yoon.png

SHARES4K

Yoon Shi Yoon is in the midst of deciding his next drama project!

According to news reports on November 9, the actor has been offered a role in TV Chosun’s historical drama, “Grand Prince” [working title]. A source from his agency clarified, “‘Grand Prince’ is one of the dramas that Yoon Shi Yoon is currently considering as his next project.”

The drama is about two princes who fall in love with the same girl. One would do anything including killing his own brother for love, and neither was willing to let her go. Yoon Shi Yoon has reportedly been offered the role of Prince Hwi, while Joo Sang Wook is in talks to play the titular male role. Jin Se Yeonhas been offered the female lead role, while Ryu Hwayoung has been confirmed to appear in the drama.

“Grand Prince” will be directed by producing directer (PD) Kim Jung Min, who worked on “Gunman in Joseon,” and is set to air in January 2018.

• Like 6

Does jin seyeon, yoon shi yoon or joo sang wook have confirmed this project, guys?? Is there any news related to it? And the filming has started already so im wondering if they have confirmed it or not?? Anyone know abt this?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, necychessie said:

Does jin seyeon, yoon shi yoon or joo sang wook have confirmed this project, guys?? Is there any news related to it? And the filming has started already so im wondering if they have confirmed it or not?? Anyone know abt this?

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/naver_view.htm?idxno=2017111311381024809

found this article on naver which said the cast is confirmed and the script reading will be held on the 23rd

I'm almost 100% sure that Jin Se Yeon, Joo Sang Wook, and Yoon Shi Yoon have all confirmed their roles. They wouldn't have a set day for script reading if the main cast isn't confirmed. Especially considering the child actors have already begun filming :D

The lack of news on cast confirmation may be because TV Chosun is a less well-known cable network in Korea, so their news/drama tend to fly under the radar. But JSY, JSW, and YSY all starred inn pretty well-known projects before  +solid pd and writer so hopefully this drama will also get the attention and recognition it deserved!

But Yoon Shi Yoon and JSY all have experience in sageuk set in the Joseon era. Only Joo Sang Wook hasn't played a role in drama set in that time period I think, excited to see him nonetheless:rolleyes:

From the pics of the child actors, it seems that one is dressed as a prince/noble boy, one a palace maid, and the other one an eununch?

I think JSW may not have a child actor like JSY and YSY since his character will be older (just like LDW in 7 Day Queen). The boy dressed as an eununch will probably be YSY and JSY's childhood/loyal friend I assume. The young prince is so cute!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, tw20127 said:

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/naver_view.htm?idxno=2017111311381024809

found this article on naver which said the cast is confirmed and the script reading will be held on the 23rd

I'm almost 100% sure that Jin Se Yeon, Joo Sang Wook, and Yoon Shi Yoon have all confirmed their roles. They wouldn't have a set day for script reading if the main cast isn't confirmed. Especially considering the child actors have already begun filming :D

The lack of news on cast confirmation may be because TV Chosun is a less well-known cable network in Korea, so their news/drama tend to fly under the radar. But JSY, JSW, and YSY all starred inn pretty well-known projects before  +solid pd and writer so hopefully this drama will also get the attention and recognition it deserved!

But Yoon Shi Yoon and JSY all have experience in sageuk set in the Joseon era. Only Joo Sang Wook hasn't played a role in drama set in that time period I think, excited to see him nonetheless:rolleyes:

From the pics of the child actors, it seems that one is dressed as a prince/noble boy, one a palace maid, and the other one an eununch?

I think JSW may not have a child actor like JSY and YSY since his character will be older (just like LDW in 7 Day Queen). The boy dressed as an eununch will probably be YSY and JSY's childhood/loyal friend I assume. The young prince is so cute!

This is child actor of Joo Sang Wook

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@eunsungjisung I guess there won't be as big of an age gap between the 3 leads then? since the 3 child actors look very similar in age. Also, any idea why the girl (I assume is JSY child actor) is dressed as a palace maid when the drama sypnosis states she is from the noble class. I wonder if she dressed herself up as the maid to sneak into the palace :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tw20127 said:

@eunsungjisung I guess there won't be as big of an age gap between the 3 leads then? since the 3 child actors look very similar in age. Also, any idea why the girl (I assume is JSY child actor) is dressed as a palace maid when the drama sypnosis states she is from the noble class. I wonder if she dressed herself up as the maid to sneak into the palace :lol:

i dont know but i think  the hanbok she wears is for the aristocracy

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tw20127 said:

maybe that girl (child actor) is 2nd female lead. and maybe jsy is the one that wont have any child actress so maybe they (jsy and two male leads) will meet later when they get older. Maybe... 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1