Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2017-2018] Happy Sisters, 해피시스터즈

Hey guy,

Just wanted to say, it was a blast watching the drama with all of you! Sharing comments and theorising about the next drama, it was a quite the journey!

It was a decent end, nicely tied up, I thought!

Until the next drama!

Take care!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I just got to see the last few episodes.  Although no-one is here now, I just have to have my say too!  hahaha.

I saw the ending quite differently from a few people here.  First off, I felt there was too much focus on HY.  I couldn't give a damm that the "evil" doctor hurt her and stopped her from having the life she wanted - husband, kids, white picket fence!  A lot of people have had worst happen to them and they don't use it as an excuse to turn evil.  She was evil and she knew it.  No excuses, no over dozing of pills etc will excuse that.  Also the fact that she was really in love with JS.  Goodness me, when she met him he was already a married man.  What kind of true love goes after a married man?  And after stealing everything from him, did she think he would run away with her if he passed her 'last test'!  She thought of herself like some kind of God - why didn't people react the way she wanted to?  Why is this person happy when they should be angry because of what she did, etc!  Just plain arrogant.

I felt quite nauseous with IS still reminiscing about the old HY.  She tried to kill him but he is still thinks of her as "pitiful person'.  He said HY tried to forget what the doctor did to her and get on with her life.  She never did that.  Every action was a reminder of what the doctor did and her revenge.  on other rich men and their wives.  She chose not to forget and to move on but to reenact that scene over and over. 

The nurse said she wasn't it in for the money but the end she went gaga over money.  I am glad she will spend the rest of her life in jail.  Pity that HY got out that!  In the end the director took the cowardly easy way out by making HY crazy.  No guts to make her spend the rest of her life in prison and get the punishment she deserves. 

I also felt that too much time was spent on SR.   She is a 99% useless character.  I saw little redeeming quality in her.  Every little thing she does, she expects some kind of reward.  "oh look at me trying hard to be a good person, don't I deserve a reward?"  "I am interested in you.  Don't I get rewarded with you loving me back".  puke!  The last two scenes of DH with her - i didn't note any arrogance on his part.  He was just stating facts that they are not an item and he owes her nothing.  But of course they way it ended with him giving her the keys to his apartments means that they will end up together.  The director is too kind to the useless vain character.

I love BS and I think they should have given more time to her and IS.  instead the director focused on useless SR and evil HY.   With the amount of attention given to the evil and the useless, it seems like these two were the two main leads.  The only two leads!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, fanofr said:

I love BS and I think they should have given more time to her and IS.  instead the director focused on useless SR and evil HY.   With the amount of attention given to the evil and the useless, it seems like these two were the two main leads.  The only two leads!

We all haven't moved on. I have watched the entire thing a second time. I 100% agree with you on the HY ending. She got the easy way out and I was disappointed as well. 

Instead of her having a nervous breakdown and going back to her age of innocence, I wanted her rotting in prison. She attempted to commit murder 4 times after all.

What I wanted in the end was a longer time jump (2 years?) with more time dedicated to it in the last episode. I really wanted a scene where YE visits HY in prison after having her and HJ's baby (with maybe another one on the way) and giving HY a piece of her mind similar to her speech to JS in 117. I wanted HY seeing that despite her effort's to ruin YE's life, YE still got her happiness with a successful career, loving husband who absolutely adores her and a family. I wanted HY seeing that good really does overcome evil and YE got past the tragedy of her first marriage and got everything HY claims she wanted but will never have.

I agree with others. The writer/director crammed HY/JS down our throats until the very end.

• Like 5

I have two more things to get off my chest! 

For many episodes, I looked forward to YE's and HJ's wedding. But when it came, her ex-husband was there to 'give her away'!  He didn't earn that right.  Right to the end, everything was about him.  JS wanted it to show his repentance, he wanted to know YE forgave him.  He never once talked about what YE wanted.  The writer really let us down with a very bad ending all round.  

If MS was sincerely sorry for what she did to YE, she should have at least made a token attempt to give her back her house.  In the end, she and her useless daughter lives there so happy to be back in "MS' house".  Everyone knows the house was paid by YE and she couldn't get anything from it when she divorced the scumbag.  It would have shown she was sincerely sorry.  In the end, she remained true to form.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, fanofr said:

For many episodes, I looked forward to YE's and HJ's wedding. But when it came, her ex-husband was there to 'give her away'!  He didn't earn that right.  Right to the end, everything was about him.  JS wanted it to show his repentance, he wanted to know YE forgave him.  He never once talked about what YE wanted. 

You're right. JS didn't have the right to walk YE down the aisle. However, him walking her down the aisle tells you more about YE/HJ than it does JS. They could have easily said no and would have been justified by doing it. 

By allowing JS to walk her down the aisle, YE demonstrated how soft hearted she really is. She allowed him to make peace with himself over how he treated her. It was her choice not his.

Actually, I wanted SP to be the one to walk her down the aisle.

Your point about the house is valid as well. However, YE really didn't need (or probably want) the house anymore. She ending up living in a bigger house which her and HJ will eventually inherit. MS is just MS and is just as selfish as the rest of them. She may have felt sorry for the way she treated her former DIL. However, she didn't ask for forgiveness until SR was about to go to jail. She asked for forgiveness to hopefully prevent her own daughter from going to jail. Her motives were not pure. 

HY had another moment of clarity when she showed up to try and kill YE in 116. She told YE that she should be thanking HY for setting her free from that miserable family. She was actually on point with that statement despite the fact she was a psycho hell bent on destroying YE's life.

In the end, YE got upgrades all the way around. A better and younger man, a loving mother-in-law who no doubt treats YE like her own daughter, a very nice and bigger house to live in and a successful career working side by side with her husband running a company their children will eventually inherit.

• Like 4

Yes, I agree that it was YE's and (HJ's) decision.  But JS played on their good nature.  I thought that was just despicable and selfish of him.  And I really hated seeing him at the wedding, playing such an important role.  I felt the writer may not be aware of the meaning behind walking the bride down the aisle and giving her to the groom.  It is a very old western tradition and has deep significance which was lost on the Korean writer!  Walking the bride down the aisle is a reflection of the love and trust they share.  Handing her over to the groom signifies his blessing and support of the groom and couple.  JS should have just asked for permission to attend the wedding as a guest.  Not play such a significant role, depriving YE's Mother of that right.

I believe YE had thanked HY previously for getting her out of that family.  HY reacted with anger that YE would feel grateful.  She wanted her to feel despair!  

Hope we meet at other dramas, @rolisrntex

• Like 5

hi guys,

han't watched a kdaily since.  I havent gotten over this one yet.  Pretty surprising even though it was not written as I wanted each character was well defined and lived consistently well through drama's run except one...the JS step mom.  But hey!  Im shocked about it not starting a new kdaily because as sure as the sun rises I watch at least 1 kdaily 2kdramas and 1kwkend drama at a time by rule since 2011 and now I am not watching even 1 kdaily.  Life changes hey?

• Like 5

16 hours ago, hi5hli5htslight said:

hi guys,

han't watched a kdaily since.  I havent gotten over this one yet.  Pretty surprising even though it was not written as I wanted each character was well defined and lived consistently well through drama's run except one...the JS step mom.  But hey!  Im shocked about it not starting a new kdaily because as sure as the sun rises I watch at least 1 kdaily 2kdramas and 1kwkend drama at a time by rule since 2011 and now I am not watching even 1 kdaily.  Life changes hey?

I’m with ya. I have watched a couple of other older dramas since and am watching the new daily after this one. I have enjoyed each one. However, none of those have grabbed and touched me like this one. I don’t know why. I find myself constantly going back and watching some of my favorite scenes (HJ’s confession, his pep talk in 87, and YE’s crying scene while he was in surgery, his cooking dinner for her) The water works still flow when I watch them. Happy Sisters will always have a special place in my heart I think for years to come. 

• Like 4

Hello All @rolisrntex  Enemies from the past is another good watch.. I still go baxk aand watch that villians down fall I'm currently watching secrets and lies which just started and a coiple of others the one repkacing this ine I;ll have to catch up on But we all got a kick out of happy sisters

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

(HJ’s confession, his pep talk in 87, and YE’s crying scene while he was in surgery, his cooking dinner for her)

im aksing because Im positive you know the answer...what ep is his confession and his cooking dinner for her?  Please and thank you!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hi5hli5htslight said:

im aksing because Im positive you know the answer...what ep is his confession and his cooking dinner for her?  Please and thank you!

lol His confession was at the end of 82 and continued at the beginning of 83. He cooked dinner for her in 61.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@rolisrntex ~ started watching happy sister and a bit confused. so the curly haired rapper lady and that chicken restaurant man -- how are they connected to the two sisters? are they just tenants in their mom's house? :huh:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@rolisrntex ~ started watching happy sister and a bit confused. so the curly haired rapper lady and that chicken restaurant man -- how are they connected to the two sisters? are they just tenants in their mom's house? :huh:

The curly haired woman and the chicken guy are long time friends of the sisters. The house belongs to the chicken guy and everyone else are his tenants. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ok. I can't help but dig up old bones here. However, I have a two month wait until Sim Yi Young's next drama airs so I have to have my fix. I started watching this one again from the beginning. Throughout this drama's airing we talked about little ancdedotes the PD and writer dropped on us about the story. I just noticed this one in ep 11. This is during Sang Eun's wedding after YE found out about JS's affair and HJ was there to catch her when she fainted. Do Hoon is singing the song after the ceremony and I picked up on this camera shot. The lyrics made it perfect. Just before this shot the lyrics said, "Maybe you and I were fated to love." Then the lyrics during the shot on the subtitle. Omo. A very early clue about what was going to come...

43205339700_3987d8ac26_z.jpg

• Like 5

This drama was one of my favorite that I've went back and watched again. 

I don't have much time lately to watch dramas but one did catch my eye and I'm enjoying it. 

@rolisrntex

If you get a chance check out Sunny Again Tomorrow. There's been a few delays in broadcasting but we're up to ep 98 starting this Tues. 

• Like 5

Congratulations to Lee Si Kang for being nominated for Best New Actor at the 2018 Korea Drama awards for his role as Hyung Joo in Happy Sisters. The clip they used to announce his nomination was HJ's confrontation with YE at the country house when she went into hiding. :thumbsup:

• Like 2