Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

I’m so sad hearing the news. :tears: 

Just when everything seems to have gone well for EN, this has to happen. 

Sigh.. I just can’t imagine another Ning Que aside from CFY.

Sigh............ 

006zMItSgy1fxh2smz2zij30qo1bfdop.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Soooo sad! First Tientsin Mystic and LX and now CFY for this show. I hope he will come back for season 3? I can understand it since he is young and needs to plan Re school too. Depends on how Season 1 ends, if same director/majority of cast, who gets cast in season 2 as NQ and maybe I will give it a chance. 

Yeah im not watching Tienstin Mystic season 2 at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

No one will be able to play NQ well as CFY

He will be my perfect NQ but I will still watch S2 for SYR, Sang Sang. I want to see where the story will lead her but would not watch for the romance. Since it would not be NangSang anymore

• Like 5

You know what, I just thought that perhaps he could come back for season 3..perhaps by taking another leave from university.  But I think it should depend on the performance of Season 2 and how much people still want him to come back .

Btw I heard that, in the novel for season 3 :

SS will become tall and chubby, is that true? If that's true, then SYR will definitely replaced soon or a later

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Ning Que:

'' ofcourse socks have holes,

my little maid is mine, ofcourse''. :lol:

Yes, baby, there is no measing with you. :wub:

So sweet in NQ way 5555.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, rhaps said:

You know what, I just thought that perhaps he could come back for season 3..perhaps by taking another leave from university.  But I think it should depend on the performance of Season 2 and how much people still want him to come back .

Btw I heard that, in the novel for season 3 :

Hide contents

SS will become tall and chubby, is that true? If that's true, then SYR will definitely replaced soon or a later

currently no plan to re-cast SYR unless she decided not to take it

• Like 6

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

Yes acceptable but I can’t find anyone else more suitable as FuZi than Adam Cheng ...it was almost like the roles had been written solely for him

however I will be the same I probably will not return for S2 either with a change of cast :(

Adam Cheng is indeed a good actor ..

I think this project is difficult because it spans for a long time (with the 3 seasons) and has many characters. Managing the schedule should be very hard because each actor has their own plan too. I can only assume that the producers never thought that people would love CFY that much, considering that he was a newbie and this was his 1st serial drama as the lead. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Adam Cheng is indeed a good actor ..

I think this project is difficult because it spans for a long time (with the 3 seasons) and has many characters. Managing the schedule should be very hard because each actor has their own plan too. I can only assume that the producers never thought that people would love CFY that much, considering that he was a newbie and this was his 1st serial drama as the lead. 

true....it hard to gather all stellar actor in it....i remember this happen to a movie that previous Jet Li was in.....but they had too many stellar actors that they were unable to proceed with Part2 unless they change the whole cast.....

so Part2 had never materialize even though it was definitely in planning back then....

they have too many stellar actor in JiangYe, unless they break it and film it by parts but that means will be a total commitment with Chen FeiYu sides which will be hard....as he will definitely have his own planning....

i think many productions who has the thought of producing some seasons all together with the same cast should consider how 'The Four 1, 2, 3' was produced....the whole set of film was filmed together....by Gordon Chan.....the released was done in 2012, 2013, 2014 for each releases but all have the same cast......so i guess these series of movies is definitely a success....

however this is a drama and even a Season will take that long to film so im not sure how they can do this with a drama 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving everyone! I am currently reading the NightFall novel and has not check the show at all. I'm gonna wait for the whole episode since I still enjoyed reading. As for replacement of CFY, I have no comment about it since I already decided that after season one, I'm not watching season 2 after the rumor of changing casts. I will  just finish the book and imagine SS and NQ in every chapter. lol  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, angelangie said:

true....it hard to gather all stellar actor in it....i remember this happen to a movie that previous Jet Li was in.....but they had too many stellar actors that they were unable to proceed with Part2 unless they change the whole cast.....

so Part2 had never materialize even though it was definitely in planning back then....

they have too many stellar actor in JiangYe, unless they break it and film it by parts but that means will be a total commitment with Chen FeiYu sides which will be hard....as he will definitely have his own planning....

i think many productions who has the thought of producing some seasons all together with the same cast should consider how 'The Four 1, 2, 3' was produced....the whole set of film was filmed together....by Gordon Chan.....the released was done in 2012, 2013, 2014 for each releases but all have the same cast......so i guess these series of movies is definitely a success....

however this is a drama and even a Season will take that long to film so im not sure how they can do this with a drama 

Yeah

One thing that the producers have to make sure is the schedule, esp for the leads. I heard that the shooting for 1 season EN required 6 months, so the actors should commit for 1.5 years in total (?). That is indeed hard . And perhaps because CFY was also a newbie,  they couldnt wait for him too

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yeah

One thing that the producers have to make sure is the schedule, esp for the leads. I heard that the shooting for 1 season EN required 6 months, so the actors should commit for 1.5 years in total (?). That is indeed hard . And perhaps because CFY was also a newbie,  they couldnt wait for him too

yes....they took 6 mths to complete JiangYe, and the director did mention that it was a long times....sometimes usually filming for a drama at most it took about 3-4 months....but considering that facts that they need to move through out alot....

the director mentions that they had to take up to 6mths, just to get it done.....

i remember 'The Four' took about 1 years to finish filming 3 series at a go if im not wrong

• Like 3

OMG! I saw on instagram that SYR has 2 upcoming show namely:

Prince Of Tennis and

Time Teaches me to Love! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wotad said:

So if Ning Que ages well in this world he would become number 1? 

Hide contents

So the Ocean is Sang Sang's power or something? what exactly do you mean by that.

Also does for Ning Que to become someone under Fuzi maybe he see's Ning Que as his successor? 

@Wotad Yes, I think he could be even more powerful if he aged well.

About your question, as the novel translation has reached this part, I might as well say this LoL.

Spoiler

Sang Sang is a reincarnation of Hades. But unbeknownst to all, Hades and Haotion, the God everyone is worshiping are actually one and the same. She's a Goddess. 

NQ is Fuzi's student, but not a direct successor. I think the whole 13 member of the second floor are Fuzi's successor. Because each have their own skill and function in protecting the Tang Empire. Fuzi is very old.... He has a hand in building the empire with the first emperor around 1000 years ago. 

NQ will be a legacy successor for his Junior uncle, Ke Haoran instead. And also for Master Lotus, a demon sect leader that was trapped and punished by Ke Haoran. This will all be revealed during his Adventure to the wilderness later on. :)

I haven't watch last night's episode, but the previous Ep 25-26 is a very warm and happy episode. I enjoy it a lot.  

• Like 7

I still hope that the director n producer have the same thought to bring back the same team again, although it will delay the production, it better delayed than failed right? Wasting time, effort n budget. No need to hurry, we fan surely will wait patiently to get the ideal one, that is the same team as S1. Except if it will be a whole new diff story like NoF 1 & 2, same production team but diff casts. 

• Like 5

It is not realistic for producers to delay if they have already agreed to some things such as air dates with investors or buyers. In this case, I am sure they would wait if t was an option but clearly due to the schedule conflict and long duration of shoot it wasn’t possible. You can tell in hindsight that they didn’t planned well for season 2. Meaning that it wasn’t a sure thing but due to the positive feedback, they jumped at the chance.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, stella77 said:

It is not realistic for producers to delay if they have already agreed to some things such as air dates with investors or buyers. In this case, I am sure they would wait if t was an option but clearly due to the schedule conflict and long duration of shoot it wasn’t possible. You can tell in hindsight that they didn’t planned well for season 2. Meaning that it wasn’t a sure thing but due to the positive feedback, they jumped at the chance.

I read in Mydramalist that there was a possibility (assumption) that the project got delayed because they failed to get the fund ontime. I also read somewhere that the schedule got delayed because of the producers. I think you are right, the problem is probably because they didnt plan this well. The shooting for S2 was actually planned to start on May 2018

• Like 5

I have already caved in.. ima watch season two as long as they get good replacements i want to see how this show ends , as long as the quality of production etc.. keeps up ill still watch.

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

I still hope that the director n producer have the same thought to bring back the same team again, although it will delay the production, it better delayed than failed right? Wasting time, effort n budget. No need to hurry, we fan surely will wait patiently to get the ideal one, that is the same team as S1. Except if it will be a whole new diff story like NoF 1 & 2, same production team but diff casts. 

I agree if the production and directer etc.. all leave then it will be a mess . 

14 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I read in Mydramalist that there was a possibility (assumption) that the project got delayed because they failed to get the fund ontime. I also read somewhere that the schedule got delayed because of the producers. I think you are right, the problem is probably because they didnt plan this well. The shooting for S2 was actually planned to start on May 2018

I dont really think it had to do with funding when it got announced by Tencent.. literally the Biggest company in the world lol. 

• Like 3

Hello Chingu's

Once I read about the news about the ML , I was so upset and jumped the gun and started blaming the actor, just venting so that I can cool down a bit . LOL But then was reminded, we still don't know what happened behind the scenes of this whole production.  I was just so sad and hate starting something I can't finish especially when I am obsessed with the drama. Then i had an epiphany , these actors don't really have a say on their schedule at all. I remember a singer turned actor said she left the music business because she is always busy and never have time for herself. Everything she did was with her group and had little time off.  These entertainers lives are hard and I applaud them for having the strength to proceed with this kind of profession. 

@angelangie Made some valid points too on what may have happened.  

@Wotad.... I love NoF but ccouldn't even watch the second season even though it was a different story being told. The actors and story line wasn't tragic enough for me...:bawling::cold_sweat:  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I have already caved in.. ima watch season two as long as they get good replacements i want to see how this show ends , as long as the quality of production etc.. keeps up ill still watch.

I agree if the production and directer etc.. all leave then it will be a mess . 

I dont really think it had to do with funding when it got announced by Tencent.. literally the Biggest company in the world lol. 

Problems in funding doesnt always mean that they lacked money. One of the possibilities is the payment for the production company got late / wasnt received on time, so they started late too. Still, that is only a prediction

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No CFY is upsetting indeed. But you guys are right about the production team. Director Yangyang was quite passionate about this project, and she scored with the leads and heavyweight supporting characters.

At this point, if the new season line up is able to project a similar vibe as the current line up, with excellent production values, i think I'll continue watching because i find the story fascinating and different from any typical fantasy wuxia drama. I love that EN has lead characters that are different from wuxia drama before this. NQ is not as honourable as heroes usually are, SS is not a beautiful feminine lady, FZ and the 12 seniors are openminded and supportive, the emperor is not overly stupid or cruel and the history between XH and NQ is an unfortunate product of a miscalculation etc. I just love that. 

The only caveat is it must retain the vibe and production values. If DW is going to play NQ, i sure hope he can deliver. But I'd probably prefer the whole cast (even SS) to be replaced as i agree it would make me feel that SS cheated on NQ... 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1