Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

15 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

NQ 's behavior is prevalent in earlier episodes in the way he handles her, since it's part of his characterization. It's not cute to me, but that's my opinion. Him thumping on her forehead/pulling her ears out of anger doesn't happen(based on the webnovel). That's what people on here were criticizing about. It's the direction people found unnecessary. But ey, whatever floats your boat.

I never said its cute either but lets continue to put words in my mouth.

Apparently anyone who doesn't think its a beating or man handling is a sexist pig , whose ok with violence against women right? 

15 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I never said its cute either but lets continue to put words in my mouth. 

Apparently anyone who doesn't think its a beating or man handling is a sexist pig , whose ok with violence against women right? 

I know you didnt say it was cute, but you infer that people here thought NQ's behavior was cute. So I'm stating that its not cute to me.

Also I dont think your a sexist pig. Like I mention before, people have different opinions and it is alright to agree/disagree. I never disregarded your opinion, so say whatever you please & I'll say mine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I know you didnt say it was cute, but you infer that people here thought NQ's behavior was cute. So I'm stating that its not cute to me.

Also I dont think your a sexist pig. Like I mention before, people have different opinions and it is alright to agree/disagree. I never disregarded your opinion, so say whatever you please. 

I didn't infer that people thought it was cute either maybe there was miss communication somewhere. I dont agree with fighting in general i just wouldn't class as what he did as man handling or beating her that was basically my point not that people here thought it was cute or that i thought it was ok or cute.

• Like 1

I would like for as to watch how NQs and SS love blooms.

Instead the only thing blossoming is the romance between NQ and MSS.

Ok, thats how it is...

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I didn't infer that people thought it was cute either maybe there was miss communication somewhere. I dont agree with fighting in general i just wouldn't class as what he did as man handling or beating her that was basically my point not that people here thought it was cute or that i thought it was ok or cute.

You mentioned it in an earlier post but let's forget about it, shall we. We both have different opinions, and that is okay. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

There isn't any romance between Ni Que and Sangsang so far in the drama because there isn't any romantic feelings between them up to this point even in the novel.  Both in the novel and drama it's been pointed out that they would talk about possible marriage partners for Ni Que (they joked about choosing girls in the brothel and even wondered what their life would be like if he married the princess) so Sangsang was in theory ok with the idea of Ni Que getting married someday.  Sangsang missing Ni Que is not because she realizes she likes him but this is the person who has raised her and been on her side constantly.  I think the drama actually did a good job showing how Ni Que always included Sangsang in everything he does or at least tells her all about it.

But once she meets MSS that was the game changer.  I think she sensed that Ni Que felt differently about MSS than any other girls...he was just having fun with the prostitutes and he is disdainful of the princess & his female classmates that looked down on him.  I think this is why even though I am annoyed at the NQ-MSS scenes I think they are very important for the development of both NQ and SS as people and as a couple.  NQ made that whole speech about how he thinks love is for idiots and implies that men & women are only interested in doing one thing with each other (LOL in the drama how he tries to explain this to clueless SS front of the brothel but chickens out spelling it all out for her) It's like MSS is needed to show both of them what romance looks like cause their tight bond comes from growing up and taking care of each other for survival and it's not like they have role models to show how to have a romantic relationship.  So Ni Que experiencing romance with MSS and Sangsang seeing that gets them to confront where they want THEIR relationship to go as they both grow up.

Excellent analysis of NQ-SS relationship in the novel.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@raziela, indeed we have our own opinions. I for one really didn’t like that almost every scene of SS was her talking to herself about NQ every single time. WGM was there with her so I expected so much more from their scenes. It was such a waste. Up to yet I don’t know what WGM taught her. I just saw twice she lit up her finger and they spent a lot of time doing chores but what about the teaching part of it? I was so disappointed. I do appreciate that NQ is very important to SS but her reflections on NQ was overkill to me when a great master was there to be of good use in her scenes. <_<

I haven't reached those episodes yet but that is disappointing to hear.  It would have been great to use the relationship with WGM for SS character development and see her potential.  That is what I was hoping for.

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

Im currently on ep. 32, waiting for the next 6 ep. to drop this week so I cant say much yet. EN does a great job executing action sequence. My only gripe so far is that there tends to be a bit much of exposition/telling instead of showing. Characters need more in depth interaction then just talking/hanging around each other.

Ex: (YS is the master of NQ/teaches him talisman cultivation, but NQ is barely seen cultivating. He tries to by writing it down once. NQ walks/hangs around w/YS having small talks, but as a viewer, I dont see the actual process of cultivation happening. Suddenly, NQ conjures a small talisman seal one time.)

The steady progression in his learning process/gained abilities isn't shown onscreen.

Agree that there is a bit too much exposition at times.  Ironically at other times I feel like unless you have read the novel it's hard to understand certain things. I think the screenwriter obviously struggled with knowing how much information to share and how to cater to both new TV fans and fans who are already familiar with the story and I don't think she hit the right balance.  Even though I'm not a fan of how she has handled some things, I do understand adapting this novel can't have been an easy task.

@Wotad I have already reported your post.  I have already asked you to stop engaging with me and you continue to do so and to be rude and antagonistic.  As previously requested: please do not comment on my posts or @ me.

12 minutes ago, raziela said:

Excellent analysis of NQ-SS relationship in the novel.

I haven't reached those episodes yet but that is disappointing to hear.  It would have been great to use the relationship with WGM for SS character development and see her potential.  That is what I was hoping for.

Agree that there is a bit too much exposition at times.  Ironically at other times I feel like unless you have read the novel it's hard to understand certain things. I think the screenwriter obviously struggled with knowing how much information to share and how to cater to both new TV fans and fans who are already familiar with the story and I don't think she hit the right balance.  Even though I'm not a fan of how she has handled some things, I do understand adapting this novel can't have been an easy task.

@Wotad I have already reported your post.  I have already asked you to stop engaging with me and you continue to do so and to be rude and antagonistic.  As previously requested: please do not comment on my posts or @ me.

I was replying to your accusations against me which are false, you were rude and antagonistic against me as well by accusing me of stuff i never said./ Dont Worry wont reply to someone like you again

You cant expect to call me out with lies and not get a reply. 

12 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

You mentioned it in an earlier post but let's forget about it, shall we. We both have different opinions, and that is okay. 

That was barely rough play hes played with her doing the exact same things and people thought it was cute or did you all suddenly miss that?? 

So this is me saying that i thought violence was cute? 

Clearly not what i meant but w/e everyone can accuse me of richard simmons.

Obviously i got questionable morals and think violence is ok so should just leave the thread. 

19 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I was replying to your accusations against me which are false, you were rude and antagonistic against me as well by accusing me of stuff i never said./ Dont Worry wont reply to someone like you again

You cant expect to call me out with lies and not get a reply. 

That was barely rough play hes played with her doing the exact same things and people thought it was cute or did you all suddenly miss that?? 

So this is me saying that i thought violence was cute? 

Clearly not what i meant but w/e everyone can accuse me of richard simmons.

Obviously i got questionable morals and think violence is ok so should just leave the thread. 

Let me clarify since theres some misunderstanding.

1. I never said you thought violence was cute.

2. I was referring to the part that you infer people thought NQ's behavior towards SS was cute, so I stated that I did not find it cute.

3. I mentioned that people have different opinions and its ok to agree/disagree. I never said that you thought violence was okay.

4. Also, the thread here is for everyone, there's no need for you to leave. People come and go/say as they please.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Let me clarify since theres some misunderstanding.

1. I never said you thought violence was cute.

2. I was referring to the part that you infer people thought NQ's behavior towards SS was cute, so I stated that I did not find it cute.

3. I mentioned that people have different opinions and its ok to agree/disagree. I never said that you thought violence was okay.

4. Also, the thread here is for everyone, there's no need for you to leave. People come and go/say as they please.

Maybe im not explaining my self well but people thought when he was playfully doing that stuff before this clip was cute did they not?

Hes flipped her for-head before and people thought it was cute and funny, it seems im not explaining my self well.

The thread is here for everyone sure but when someone else calls out my morals and tells me not to reply to them again and that same post gets likes what should i think? Im thankful that you think im not normalising violence or thought that violence is ok because its clearly not.

Ill clarify before i leave the thread that i did not think any violence was cute or acceptable. I have been through domestic abuse with my mother and maybe i just saw it differently than others here.

I also believe in equality etc.. so when people question my morals like this its better to just remove my self from the situation. 

Im ruining the mood of the thread so ill just leave have fun.

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Maybe im not explaining my self well but people thought when he was playfully doing that stuff before this clip was cute did they not?

Hes flipped her for-head before and people thought it was cute and funny, it seems im not explaining my self well.

The thread is here for everyone sure but when someone else calls out my morals and tells me not to reply to them again and that same post gets likes what should i think? Im thankful that you think im not normalising violence or thought that violence is ok because its clearly not.

Ill clarify before i leave the thread that i did not think any violence was cute or acceptable. I have been through domestic abuse with my mother and maybe i just saw it differently than others here.

I also believe in equality etc.. so when people question my morals like this its better to just remove my self from the situation. 

Im ruining the mood of the thread so ill just leave have fun.

Youre definitely not ruining the thread. It's good to have these kinds of discussion/in depth analysis of EN. You seem very passionate about the drama, and that's cool. As a fan, I am too. So If I made you feel uneasy in an way, I apologize. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I would like for as to watch how NQs and SS love blooms.

Instead the only thing blossoming is the romance between NQ and MSS.

Ok, thats how it is...

After rewatching and accepting it, I dont feel it that bad anymore *LOL* . 

1 hour ago, Tracey Miller said:

My only disappointment in this drama is tha NQ joined the Demon Sec

This kinda plot device has happened in other dramas too. If you are familiar with Jin Yong's work (Condor Trilogy, Smiling Proud Wanderer), the hero does almost the same thing . I now seriously think that Mao Ni (EN's author) got a lot of inspiration from them

Usually, the good sects are described as being corrupted, while the demon sect are described as not being understood, so people have wrong judgement towards them.

Well, in Ever Night, it does feel scarier because the good sect indeed looked nice, like the Bros and Sis in 2nd Floor. But I'm seeing the same setup in the Martial World Alliance, with that hypocrite Quni Madi (the evil woman) and the Xiling General.

Well, just my 2 cents

• Like 5

I finished episode 36.

NQ looks simply powerful on screen, and so handsome in that

white fur outfit. 

In the scenes with MSS, his face is soft and smiling.

Then, again SS looks very plain.

She managed to create light on her finger, but that didnt spark any

curiosity in her.

I dont like how SS was shown that way.

The director and the scriptwriter really tried to ruin the beginning of any kind

of romance between NQ and SS.

• Like 2

@rocher22, SS does like the idea that now she can create light because in her usual soliloquy to NQ she told him that she can now create light for the night but then she said how will people sleep if she lit up the sky. I wished the light issue was explained more in her scenes with WGM. I mean, I have no idea if she’ll be able to become powerful like we saw with WGM when he broke out of his prison. This is why I was hoping for more exploration on this before he departed. 

Spoiler

I did see in the RAWs for the episodes this week that her entire body lights up in one part of the peaceful duel between WGM and Yan Se.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

curiosity in her.

Actually it is very important in the development of Sangsang later on in the novel and will not be until season 2 of the drama that she is someone that did not get much attention compared to NQ.  This is actually where drama differed so much from the novel cause in the drama Sangsang is bright and adorable but in the novel she is dark, introverted, and in the words of NQ "slow witted".  NQ constantly talks about how Sangsang can actually have good ideas but that she is too lazy to think cause she got used to depending on NQ. 

I actually really loved these passages in the novel...so poignant but will not be in season 1 unfortunately:

Spoiler

"I have never been beautiful. Ning Que said that in the two years after he found me, I could not get any taller no matter what I ate, be it meat soup or rice soup. I was like a small mouse in his embrace."......"Ning Que has made fun of me before. He said no one would ever discover me even if he discards me into the vegetable fields or into the coal mines. And he is right. I am always that unimpressive little handmaiden no one ever notices."......She turned around, looked at Mo Shanshan and smiled. Her smile was very genuine. Her two dazzling white front teeth seemed to have brightened the dark carriage. She said, "Ning Que is born to be better looking than me. His mouth is also sweeter than mine. Thus, it's easy for him to win over others' favor. Regardless of whether the person is General Ma from City of Wei, Aunt Jian, or even the Headmaster.".....She then added, "When I was with him, everyone only looked at him; but that's fine. I am used to standing behind him, and I don't really like being stared at anyway."

Beside the Jumping Tiger Stream, Sangsang had said that she wanted to solve the chess puzzle. This surprised him greatly. He knew that while she might be vain at times, she was never one for competition. Most importantly, in the past she would just sit quietly by his side and wait for him to solve the problem when they were in such situations. He thought of many reasons for this change. For example... the other girl outside the carriage. However, he had heard Sangsang say many things in the meditation room earlier. That was when he understood that Sangsang had done this just to prove herself. She wanted to prove to herself that she could do it. It had nothing to do with the world. She wanted to make it clear she was no longer just the quiet handmaiden by Ning Que's side. She was now his wife who could shoulder burdens for him. She could even try to shield him from wind and rain. Sangsang wanted to feel needed by Ning Que. She needed Ning Que to be proud of her.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Urrggghhh! Freaking winter storm came in out of nowhere! Got lost on my way home but made it eventually. Now, I'm ready to sit my richard simmons and focus on this forum now that I'm home. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I finished episode 36.

white fur outfit. 

Not directly commenting the main issue, I just wanna say that CFY indeed has chemistry with almost everyone in the show, starting from Old Ma, Bro and Sis of 2nd Floor, Master Yan Se, Chao Xiaosu (Andy On), his friends, and even the Emperor, and SS-MSS-YHY at once. Seriously, I'm amazed with this kid. He was only 17 yrs old at that time, so how come he looked compatible with all of those older more mature girls around him? He acts like a sweet rascal in front of the elders, then turns into a manly man with the girls.

15 minutes ago, thartie said:

Urrggghhh! Freaking winter storm came in out of nowhere! Got lost on my way home but made it eventually. Now, I'm ready to sit my richard simmons and focus on this forum now that I'm home. Lol

Happy forum at home! I'm on the way to work, and I'm late! :bawling:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Not directly commenting the main issue, I just wanna say that CFY indeed has chemistry with almost everyone in the show, starting from Old Ma, Bro and Sis of 2nd Floor, Master Yan Se, Chao Xiaosu (Andy On), his friends, and even the Emperor, and SS-MSS-YHY at once. Seriously, I'm amazed with this kid. He was only 17 yrs old at that time, so how come he looked compatible with all of those older more mature girls around him? He acts like a sweet rascal in front of the elders, then turns into a manly man with the girls.

Happy forum at home! I'm on the way to work, and I'm late! :bawling:

Hahahhaa. That's what you've got when you are so engrossed on this page. It happens to me too. Hahahhaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I finished episode 36.

white fur outfit. 

curiosity in her.

The director and the scriptwriter really tried to ruin the beginning of any kind

of romance between NQ and SS.

My dear, to be honest, there is no romance between NQ and SS in the 1st Season. Even in the 2nd Season, you can hardly get it. So, nothing was ruined, really. 

• Like 4