Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

2 minutes ago, booho said:

But i wanna thx for hong sister because they gave a chance for lee sung gi as son oh gong

Damn we can see his MANLY SIDE in this drama ahahahha, i watch his previous drama before but er.... still not gain my attention to him, but after hwayugi, DAMN !!!! i become lee seung gi fans now :dizzy:

You should watch King2Hearts for me that is the first time I ever saw him serious

3 minutes ago, briseis said:

A confession: When I was livestreaming the episode I was so baffled and disbelieving that they could end it simply like that I ended up watching the whole ending credits because I was seriously expecting an after-credit epilogue.

We all thought it was a marvel movie

• LOL 13

Invested so much for 19 eps only to have this kind of ending. JSM could be a ghost for all i care. Out in daylight, monster at night or even just simply a ghostess and just live in the valley or Sureumdong for crying out loud. They can have a secluded life just the 2 of them surrounding with their few friends. Definitely forever even though not ideal. For crying out loud. Now i feel like banging my head repeatedly to the wall. Trying so hard not to cuss on the ending or the writer. I am still being polite, but this is a lazy writing. You shouldn't give up to 20eps only for this. This is dramasochism. A torture. Because the others have their perfect ending. At least PK knows his feelings to BJ are mutual. Even we know now MW has a son. Why can you give an acceptabpe closure for 50 and JSM? WHY?????

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, briseis said:

A confession: When I was livestreaming the episode I was so baffled and disbelieving that they could end it simply like that I ended up watching the whole ending credits because I was seriously expecting an after-credit epilogue.

Same with me... I still waiting for that epiloge.. But maybe we will have that happy ending in real life. Yeah life must goes on, and SOG still on his journey and now his journey is to found his the one and only bride. As I know for this Hwayugi, the reincarnation route needs time, remember Mawang case. The last Princess Iron Fan's reincairnation as mortal around collonial times, when Japan came to South Korea right? What time was that? Around 1910 to 1949 right? And then Mawang meet again in 2017/2018? So need times right? That's why to let SOG wait that long, I think that's possible for him. Plus SOG himself still use his GGG in his hands... *honestly confused about this GGG, doesn't he burn that GGG in front of JSM's souls?*

• Like 2

SM and OG's goodbye at Namsan Tower part 2.

OG: Now you have one of the Great Sage, Equal to Heaven Son Oh Gong’s all-seeing eyes.
SM: You’re giving me your eye?
OG: Jin Seon Mi, listen to me carefully. I’m going to go find you. Wherever you are, however you may change, now I will always be able to recognize you. Remember my name. I will definitely go find you.
SM: I will wait for you. Since when I call your name, you always come. I will definitely not forget your name, and I will wait for you.
OG: We will definitely meet again.
SM: The time is almost up.
OG: Go.
(SM disappears, OG cries)

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 12

This was such a anticlimactic ending which is the worst for me , i need closure and this ending does not feel like closure. 

I would rather she dies and stay's dead or they end up together this is the worst route. 

37 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

Usually when an ending is like this, there should be a continuation. It's an empty ending. It's like a "empty bowl, " as to what the shop lady says about SJ. I need that empty bowl to fill up. Though I'm very disappointed... the "Let me Out" song at the end gave me the hype for a season 2 or a special. I would love to see OG fight and search for his SM and there's a happy ending! :) 

Totally agree this is the worst type of ending. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

I'll be travelling to Korea in September, the first place I'll be going to is the Namsan Tower and find that Richard Simmons elephant lock. 

And shout SOG's name. And all my frustrations.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not circumvent swearing, thanks!
  • LOL 23

Okay I know this is only a drama, but why I feel the pain so hurts... I'm so depressed with the ending till my gastroache ruined me at this hours, it's 11 pm and I should find my medicine or go to ER Hospital now to get my injection, because the gas already make I ahrd to breath...

Throwback, I ever had the same condition when I watched We Got Married Hong Jong Hyun and Yura parted because of scandal... Sorry for OOT, seriously back I'm also fans of WGM and honestly hate why K-netz love to use scandal to ruin actor or actress' life. One of the victim is our OYS. I hate them. That make our OYS really make wall with others.

Will we get OYS' BTS with others. I know how silly and funny OYS. Yes, she's such a harworking and so dedicated actress, but she's not only about works.. She's also human, need social and warmness...

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

OG says goodbye to MW at the gorge.

Frost: It could be that that CEO was the only human, and the others were demons.
HJ: Why are you saying such scary things? I even saw a hallucination today before I came.  I won’t be able to sleep. Oh, geez. Oh, I have to get drunk. I have to get drunk. It’s too scary.

MW: This land that used to belong to the Korea Foundation, I bought it all.
OG: This is a place where evil spirits used to gather. Even though I did clear them all out, they’ll come back.
MW: That’s exactly what I’m going to make use of. I’m going to build a hotel there, a very luxurious one.
OG: Hotel?
MW: There was something I learned from seeing Jin Seon Mi’s real estate business. I have to utilize the uniqueness. Just build a hotel here, the evil spirits will totally come flocking.
OG: That will probably happen.
MW: If I catch them all, then the points will really build up as well. So, from this hotel, I earn some money, and by catching the evil spirits, I also gain points. This will be just the thing!
OG: From the time that you set up an entertainment company so that you could siphon off the energy beads, I had thought that you were smart, but… a hotel that caters to evil spirits. I won’t go there.
MW: Come occasionally. Just occasionally. I’ll reserve a room there with a large bathtub and a parking space for you.
OG: I’ll see what the hotel is like. If it’s shabby, I won’t come. Build it well.
MW: On my path where I was just methodically building up my points to become a deity, how did the two of you end up on it and become enmeshed? No, that’s not it! Was it Sam Jang’s intended road, that we had ended up on?
OG: Even though it was a road that I was dragged onto against my will, that ultimately I could be standing here with you, Ma Wang, I like it.
MW: That the darkness here was cast off and things had become brighter is something that you did. It was great work. You were a little bit cool.
OG: See? This is why I just can’t regret it. Ma Wang has come to totally love me. Right? What will you do about the boredom when I’m not around?
MW: Huh? Are you going somewhere?
OG: I have to keep going on my own path. There is someone waiting for me. So, I have to go.
MW: Okay. Go ahead and go on. I have to continue on my own path as well. For the sake of that child.
OG: Yes. In the middle of a different road, let’s meet again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 12

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

MW: On my path where I was just methodically building up my points to become a deity, how did the two of you end up on it and become enmeshed? No, that’s not it! Was it Sam Jang’s intended road, that we had ended up on?
OG: Even though it was a road that I was dragged onto against my will, that ultimately I could be standing here with you, Ma Wang, I like it.
MW: That the darkness here was cast off and things had become brighter is something that you did. It was great work. You were a little bit cool.
OG: See? This is why I just can’t regret it. Ma Wang has come to love me so much. Huh? What will you do about the boredom when I’m not around?
MW: Huh? Are you going somewhere?
OG: I have to keep going on my own path. There is someone waiting for me. So, I have to go.
MW: Okay. Go ahead and go on. I have to continue on my own path as well. For the sake of that child.
OG: Yes. In the middle of a different road, let’s meet again.

Okay... I still can not close this forum and take a rest... And here I mentioned the translation of the scene... So Hong Sisters really wanna back to the point of this plot story. It's all about SOG and Mawang's journey.

That's their important point messages after all Sam Jang and Son Oh Gong's stories from episode 1 till episode 19.

*BRB I need to get line to register for ER now... I should get the injection asap so I can back home and sleep...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Same with me... I still waiting for that epiloge.. But maybe we will have that happy ending in real life. Yeah life must goes on, and SOG still on his journey and now his journey is to found his the one and only bride. As I know for this Hwayugi, the reincarnation route needs time, remember Mawang case. The last Princess Iron Fan's reincairnation as mortal around collonial times, when Japan came to South Korea right? What time was that? Around 1910 to 1949 right? And then Mawang meet again in 2017/2018? So need times right? That's why to let SOG wait that long, I think that's possible for him. Plus SOG himself still use his GGG in his hands... *honestly confused about this GGG, doesn't he burn that GGG in front of JSM's souls?*

He didn't have GGG .It was her secretary POV. 

4 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Okay... I still can not close this forum and take a rest... And here I mentioned the translation of the scene... So Hong Sisters really wanna back to the point of this plot story. It's all about SOG and Mawang's journey.

That's their important point messages after all Sam Jang and Son Oh Gong's stories from episode 1 till episode 19.

*BRB I need to get line to register for ER now... I should get the injection asap so I can back home and sleep...

To be fair, MW does admit that it's SM's journey that he and OG have impinged on rather than it being his own journey that was the main focus, even though he started off with a self-centric interpretation.

And, in their parting, OG is saying that he has to go after SM, while MW continues his quest to become a god so that he can claim his son and protect him against whatever heaven may want to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

The ending like this.. Means that this story actually revolves around SOG n MW instead of SOG n SJ. Lol. And i only realise it like in the last episode? 

It feels like they are guilty of the ending that's why they are giving us more intimate scenes in the previous episodes? To give us candy before throwing bittergourds at us. -_-

• Like 2

goodbye guys..its been fun..till we meet again..glad no withdrawal syndrome thanks to episode 20..no closure not even last kiss before parting...bravo..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1