Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

4 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

He's not talking about the ending in the show but about the show ending which makes him sad but also happy since it was a work well done. He will miss the show but he's also happy that it was a good project. :) I don't think we need to worry about the ending being bittersweet. I am sure we will get a happy ever after.

Thank you so much for your positive insights everytime 

I'm in a  terrible mood swing becaUse of the ending anxiety lol

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I am not holding out hope for a happy ending with so many dead, badly hurt, or just sad and grief stricken.  I could not believe that they were killing off our main characters left and right.,  While Pk didn't die he lost just about everyone he loves or who loved him and I have to give a big thumbs up to Lee Hongki for his acting.  My heart broke for him when not only was any trace of our cute Zombie gone but also when she sets him on fire and he is saved by the water prince.  The look on his face and that tear was so so so sad and at that moment Hongki totally rocked the scene.  It's time for him to do a drama on his own where he is the romantic lead, he is just that good.  I also loved the opening scene as before the end those two needed to be together and we needed some show of emotions before the tragic stuff that follows.  Having said that so far not one character/ couple in this story is getting a truly happy ending. The bull did not get to reunite with his love, Princess Iron Fan.  He only got to end her suffering. Not only didn't our PK Pig get to save his cute zombie BJ, he also had to suffer the loss of Alice who loved him enough to save him.  General Winter seems to not only lose his sweet Fairy Sister but also his life. After watching the last heartbreaking scenes of  Son Oh-gong and Sam-Jang I can't really see a truly happy ending for them either.  At this point, I don't think much of the so-called Gods as they seem not so powerful but very mean and petty.  As we move into the last episode I just want a little happy but think we will get only bittersweet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, sana82 said:

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/03/lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seo-lee-hong-ki-share-thoughts-ahead-hwayugi-finale/

Based on this interview i think LSG didn't like the ending as well. So I won't have high hopes for today's ep.

I have read but I don't think he meant it as that. He didn't refers 'his regret' to something like bad ending in the drama. But he feels regret that the drama finally has come to an end. 

Lee Seung Gi remarked, “I feel regretful and bittersweet [about the drama ending]. However, I gave it my all until the very end, so I have no regrets.”

So chingu, don't lose hope yet. I have sense it will be happy ending, must be happy ending. *reassured myself*

Reading how they say some words regard to the production team and how they feel for working on this together is really making me sad.. sad cause it will end tonight. Sighhh. They made the characters they play so well so I will miss these immortals and special human so much. How do I get over this drama?? :bawling:

Okay.. I will think positive thoughts from now on, enough with the sadness. 

For lighten mood, 

I can't help for not blushing over SOG tease to JSM. He said "Oy.. who is this who come into my room in the morning and peek on me?"

Then she replied "I come because of a star candy fallen and when I open my eyes, I see yoo jung-nim right beside me. 

He replied flirty sweet "Ah.. I should throw it long time ago. Star candy is better than all those ice creams and cotton candy I throw on you." 

Me: swoon~  He's really a homme-fatale! :lol:

Sidenote: 'yoo jung' means fairy, okay random as ever, how is the hangeul of fairy btw? I heard it as yoo-jung nim tho, is that correct? I get it the 'Nim' is a polite word added behind the name to addressing person in nobility. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

8 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

He's not talking about the ending in the show but about the show ending which makes him sad but also happy since it was a work well done. He will miss the show but he's also happy that it was a good project. :) I don't think we need to worry about the ending being bittersweet. I am sure we will get a happy ever after.

Reading this calms my heart, for sure LSG too will miss this because of his character SOG every theatre he visits the crowd gets wild some were shouting oh gong nim. I'm positive this will end well. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry for spamming with comments too much today. Just understand me that since it's the final week we have.. sighh.. dunno when will I find a cozy mood discussion and spazzing like I had in this thread. So, I'm going to rant all I want. Lol

Just reading the shared article of Soompi. 

The first one he picked was the scene where Son Oh Gong (Lee Seung Gi) vows to Sam Jang/Jin Sun Mi (Oh Yeon Seo) that he will protect her. In that episode, Jin Sun Mi had seen the world breaking apart in the ill omen jar, and she ordered Son Oh Gong to protect her. Using honorifics, Son Oh Gong promised, “I’ll do that. Even if the world breaks apart, I will protect you.”

Lee Seung Gi explained his reason for choosing that scene, saying, “Until then, Son Oh Gong had been regarding Jin Sun Mi lightheartedly, and this was the scene where he showed a genuine side of himself for the first time.”

Glad he did tell us this, it tells us how SOG start changing for sure, his heart waver before for her. But this reason to me does confirm how he fall for her without realizing it before. So that is how he slowly can defeat the ggg with his sincirity, his love. 

The second scene Lee Seung Gi chose was the scene when Son Oh Gong and Jin Sun Mi shared a “geumganggo activation kiss” in the library of the bookkeeping demon. That was the scene that confirmed that she is the only one who could call him to her side, and she initiated a kiss first with the excuse to activate the geumggango (magical bracelet).

Lee Seung Gi shared, “Before then, the affection had been one-sided for Son Oh Gong, but in this scene, they confirmed their feelings for each other. The viewers gave them the nickname ‘geumganggo couple’, and I think this is the scene that best fits that.”

I agreed with him. But I'm sorry oppa, call me that I'm reading too much behind these lines.. but I can't help myself to not giggle when he likes activation scene and it's his fave scene. So we are all here you know. Every now and then, whenever I was asked for some activation code in installing computer program, I will remember them, ggg couple. Aww :heart:

You right chingu, if they release the bts scenes of OTP more, I must be go crazy in shipping them to be real huh. 

Oh Yeon Seo chose the scene where Jin Sun Mi was shot in the old era only to wake up in the movie theater. During that episode, Jin Sun Mi was trying to find a kimono-wearing girl who happened to be an evil spirit. Jin Sun Mi did find her in the end, but she also got shot. However, Son Oh Gong saved her, and when she woke up, she was in the movie theater with her favorite strawberry ice cream wearing a green dress with him by her side.

Oh Yeon Seo said, “This was a new experience and it was fairy-tale-like and wonderful how she woke up in a movie theater after all of that.”

We do love this scene! And come to rethink of that scene, that scenes seems like refering to how all those ill-fated death or bad ending is all just a dream. What people have to do is just waking up and see it's just a nightmare. So I grow to be even more positively hopeful right now. :)

• Like 18

38 minutes ago, sana82 said:

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/03/lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seo-lee-hong-ki-share-thoughts-ahead-hwayugi-finale/

Based on this interview i think LSG didn't like the ending as well. So I won't have high hopes for today's ep.

I've checked the original article in Korean. What LSG said has nothing to do with the ending. :)

“아쉬움이 크고 시원섭섭하지만 마지막까지 모든 걸 다 쏟아내서 후회는 없습니다.”

"It leaves much to be desired. I feel bittersweet. However, I gave it my all until the very end, so I have no regrets.”

The former parts are what Korean actors and actresses commonly say as they finish their drama.

He said 'much to be desired,' but I doubt that he is unhappy with the ending. 

I think what he's implying is that "I feel like I could have done better (probably with his acting.)" :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Lol, that kissing gif tho, it made too fast. So it didn't look as it has to be, it more like what ya.. 'roarrr' ??:lol:

Is that tvn making that poll? Well, is this a hint as well? I vote for that pic on the left (activation gif) absolutely!

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

After rewatching the episode in the morning, I've realized why I felt so disappointed and underwhelmed by the big fight with the Dragon. I built it up too much in my head. I expected ALL the demons to help and there to be an actual hell's door with millions black demons standing inside the door, trying to get out and then turning into a Dragon. I didn't expect MW wanting to sit out and let SOG handle it. What kind of friend does that? I expected PK to be useful and fight too, Dragon Prince to use his water power to fight against the Dragon's fire. GF to use his power, which he did. But even with everyone fighting, the Dragon would be too powerful and will start winning so JSM would have cut her hand and called the Dragon to enter her. SOG would have gone crazy trying to save her and remove the Dragon which would have needed all the "good" Demons to hold him back while JSM stabbed herself with her powers to kill the Dragon. SOG would have cried out and cradled her close to his body and vanished to Sereumdong where she would die in his arms(just like in the episode).

In comparison to what I imagined, what we got felt a little too anti-climatic. I also pictured the fight to be more fierce than just with energies.

Ah well, it wasn't as bad as I expected either so I am OK with what we got now.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

tvN open the poll vote before final & no.1 of course :wub:

TVn is inviting viewers to guess how the drama will end. Happy ending vs Sad ending. 

I want Happy ending!!!! Absolutely!!!! 

• Like 7

ok, time for some good vibes :glasses::joy:

has anyone ever wonder why we didn't see any scene that SOG aka Monkey King eating a banana??! Also, at this preview, he's eating an apple. ROFLOL! Maybe, he saved his precious banana when JSM comes back after she died & they'll happily eating the banana together in love leafLMAO! I know, this is an angst scene but I just can't... laugh leaf Mianhe!

giphy.gif

anyways, Thank you for blessing us those beautiful gifs @briseis you've posted here. I know a few amazing people who posts gifs immediately & so, definitely, you're one of the best :wub:

on a serious note, after repeatedly watching the ep 20 preview, I realized something. SOG might actually locked himself on his own home not only because no one can enter it unless he allow others but also because it is the place where SM died :( We all know that he's the Great Sage & he could go anywhere else to get away from everyone but he still chose this place. & that garden was supposed to be their wedding spot but it ended up being the place where SM took her last breath crying1 onion headdepressed1 onion headdying onion head (Ok, I was supposed to post a good vibes but I ended up posting this one. Mianhe :sweatingbullets:)

& definitely "NO TO REINCARNATION PLEASE!!"

Spoiler

giphy.gif

& now, it's only less than 4 hrs for the finale. SEPANX MODE ON crying1 onion head I'm gonna miss the amazing chemistry between LSG & OYS, despite all the scandals they both had, I'm still hoping for the real score between them :tongue:

and definitely, we will surely have the:
HAPPY ENDING! cheer3 onion headhappy onion headhell yes onion headpretty onion head

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

TVn posted new stills. 

yo We're Lucifer family family~

His handsomeness's just proved his DNA. #It's father rather than MW^^#It's urgent matter deciding how to be addressed.

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97a936c94bb4caa4420e365d83cb5cf631afc3c3cf57c8c7cf3161a2de780552abc4b1a62c622d105e127e2c2807c374c1ae286b07928c9e9037d7e3c9bbc27a805ce45

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97a936c94bb4caa4420a7318251bfc663189a375e2430ab0e9e84bdc319784150580d751997bd127cabdc032c73878c6674549e02669a79d63d378cc94dae988f06abccef74202c

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97a936c94bb4caa4420a7318251bfc663189a375e2430ff5095d1bbc5437941542e7c7b31fd0cba8d420345ead850b679f7ac9925e3c115a981e12d1a394bcf2ea234977c6a45a1

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97a936c94bb4caa4420a7318251bfc663189a375e2430ff5a9c85bfc9147841505f7d017f8ec7953c9fceec2b6cef8bf38266621681a03df6cff6f2c08b857e06092d74328c80d5

• Like 7

Lmao at tvn using that kissing scene in the poll

who are those 12% people who voted sad ending? Come... fight me!!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

Is there a reason why SOG was never ousted to KDS? Even the battle where KDS was supposed to be present, he ran away and SOG fought alone. Is this a set up so SOG can live a happy public life with deity JSM? Imagine KDS face when JSM and SOG turn up already married or about to be married. He will be terrified. :lol: He must already be cursing himself for running away. ASN disappeared too. I am sure his support must have turned on him the minute he turned his back on the Dragon. So SOG and his wealth must have been his last resort.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

This isa bit out of topic but regarding the bts. May i take it positively that this time round her co-star (aka Lee Seunggi) didn't treat her like a guy ? 

because in all her projects she always ended up being a male dongsaeng to all of them :D. Kwon sang woo even play with her by grabbing her collar cos how strong she is ...  Rain and Joowon are the same too. 

Even her female co stars in Take off 2 said that she looks a girl from a rich family but her real personality is one kind of a guy (poor YeonSeo)

i won't be surprised if the wrap  up party will be them avoiding each other. Yeonseo usually takes funny selca with her Male leads so i can see these 2 are trying so hard to avoid any scandal.

i see some comments on Naver starts questioning "are you sure these two are

not dating?"

l

Exactly. Most of her male costars treat her as a guy and her female costars are clingy of her. Like Lee El now and Seyoung (Bu Ja). So its so weird for Seung Gi and her to be so unbelievingly civil? With all that chemistry? Maybe TVN is helping them? LOLOLOLOOL

• Like 5

9 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

I have a question, who saved PK is it Alice or the Dragon Prince?

if its the DP, does he love him? aww...:wub:

It's the dragon jade who saves him. His soul turned slowly to water drops to fade away as he in Alice body hugs PK to extinguish the fire on him. I think it's more on bromance love, but it looked quite ambiguous since he enters a woman body instead of moving to other male human. But I still believe he likes PK as close best buddy, like how MW and SOG. 

~ ~ ~ 

as I said before, again for happy thoughts... 

1.  Like JSM isn't dead, she granted to be a deity, reunite with SOG and have cutie babies, live in sureumdong, go on for trip to Japan, having movie date, eating ice cream and all. 

2. SM foresees HJ's all weep out happily in HB's wedding, so I want to see it that really happened in ep 20. He'll be shocked to meet JSM again after so many years in the wedding party. then he'll say "daepu-nim, whoaahh... daepu-nim jjang, how do you know that I will cry like a baby today" 

3. Next, MW reunites with his son, aww... he'll ask him to build him a video game house. His dad is a chaebol CEO luckily! He must be get some more fun since SOG leave the house, (SOG is a husband now, he prefers to live with his wife of course, lol) Secretary ma will have extra jobs in helping MW to deal with this little half-deity brat!:lol:

4. PK get along with Alice, and Bu Ja.. right what would be the best ending for her, wait.. 

5. okay, since writers might really love reincarnation, why don't give this miracle for BJ, they can do time jump, like she's already grown up, in age just like how those immortals meet her as BJ, she lives with her mother this time, and then she'll be scouted and join the Lucifer entertainment family. 

6. SOJ have a meet-up with the housewives club, like having some cooking competition??:lol:

7. Winter General finds a perfect part-time job partner to help him run his business, how can he can get a rest if day and night he is taking turn to take care his ice cream shop and SF's bar. 

8. More OTP moment with their kids, jealous SOG over the kids. Bwahahaha

9. We see a news on tv telling that 'woo-ja' movie becomes a hit overseas, and Jonathan is having an interview that the movie was inspired by his little hero from his childhood. 

10. the representative heavens gets new furniture to his office and busy with more pile of works documents. lol

11.Since we'll gonna miss the drama,then after 1 year, tvn will announce to have all the cast return for Hwayugi season 2.

what do you think guys? Perfectly happy ever after right? :tounge_xd:

Disclaimer: don't blame me if the ending won't include all of this or only partially. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3