Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

23 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I checked out the scene, but aside from the camera panning that certificate as MW looked at it, there was no mention of birthdates.

So it's not her birthdate? Maybe just her registry date? The show mentioned she is 36 in episode 2 at 00:25:49. When she went onstage on MW's show.

Sorry to bother you but I can't sit still if something doesn't make sense LOL. I can't see a 6 year old being so smart with SOG.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

So it's not her birthdate? Maybe just her registry date? The show mentioned she is 36 in episode 2 at 00:25:49. When she went onstage on MW's show.

Sorry to bother you but I can't sit still if something doesn't make sense LOL. I can't see a 6 year old being so smart with SOG.

So, in the scene, they weren't necessarily saying that JSM was 36.

The one who was originally supposed to be auditioning was a 16 year old girl in high school as per the paperwork, however, SM went past the girl to take the stage. The judges were saying that SM was too old to be a schoolgirl, and one judge commented that perhaps she was actually 36 but made a mistake when she wrote her age down, meaning that she wrote 16 when she had meant to write 36. So, they don't actually address SM's age directly at all in the scene.

As for a 6 year old being smart, this is a fantasy drama, so perhaps SM really was 6 when she went up against SOG. Despite whatever age she was meant to be, they may have selected an older child actress to actually portray JSM since they don't specify SM's actual age other than that she's an elementary school child.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, in the scene, they weren't necessarily saying that JSM was 36.

The one who was originally supposed to be auditioning was a 16 year old girl in high school as per the paperwork, however, SM went past the girl to take the stage. The judges were saying that SM was too old to be a schoolgirl, and one judge commented that perhaps she was actually 36 but made a mistake when she wrote her age down, meaning that she wrote 16 when she had meant to write 36. So, they don't actually address SM's age directly at all in the scene.

As for a 6 year old being smart, this is a fantasy drama, so perhaps SM really was 6 when she went up against SOG. Despite whatever age she was meant to be, they may have selected an older child actress to actually portray JSM since they don't specify SM's actual age other than that she's an elementary school child.

Ah, sorry to bother you about this and thanks for clearing it up. So they never specified her age. I guess she was 6 when her grandmother died. Poor JSM, she died so young. :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Is anyone here knowing the release date of Hwayugi DVD, i want to see all the director cut and BTS so badddddddddd. If u know when will it releasing, please let me know. thank youuuuuuu

• Like 2

I see lot of you still cannot move on.. just like me.. teeheee... :D

So let's have another topic for this weekend, guys... list your iconic scenes per each eps...

Ep. 1 : Meet each other again after 25yrs

Ep. 2 : Activating GGG

Ep. 3 : Grandma, enjoy these

Ep. 4 : Protect me until the end

Ep. 5 : For her sake, one world is destroyed

Ep. 6 : "You're pretty. I love you"

Ep. 7 : Mermaid's tears for Sun Mi & of course, THE KISS

Ep. 8 : The fights & you are the only one in this world who can really kill me

Ep. 9 : Like ordinary people do

Ep. 10 : The fight, reactivating GGG

Ep. 11 : Glowing red eyes

Ep. 12 : It was worth being in pain

Ep. 13 : The lid doesn't fit & office KISS

Ep. 14 : Call for me

Ep. 15 : The bride has been found

Ep. 16 : Resolute that the sword shall never see the world again

Ep. 17 : Then, we can't see each other again

Ep. 18 : The ending scene. Duhhh... :wub:

Ep. 19 : Watching her from far away

Ep. 20 : (struggling for this one. But I have to make my choice.) The right eye, then.

So how about you guys?

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, ukeindo19 said:

I see lot of you still cannot move on.. just like me.. teeheee... :D

So let's have another topic for this weekend, guys... list your iconic scenes per each eps...

Ep. 1 : Meet each other again after 25yrs

Ep. 2 : Activating GGG

Ep. 3 : Grandma, enjoy these

Ep. 4 : Protect me until the end

Ep. 5 : For her sake, one world is destroyed

Ep. 6 : "You're pretty. I love you"

Ep. 7 : Mermaid's tears for Sun Mi & of course, THE KISS

Ep. 8 : The fights & you are the only one in this world who can really kill me

Ep. 9 : Like ordinary people do

Ep. 10 : The fight, reactivating GGG

Ep. 11 : Glowing red eyes

Ep. 12 : It was worth being in pain

Ep. 13 : The lid doesn't fit & office KISS

Ep. 14 : Call for me

Ep. 15 : The bride has been found

Ep. 16 : Resolute that the sword shall never see the world again

Ep. 17 : Then, we can't see each other again

Ep. 18 : The ending scene. Duhhh... :wub:

Ep. 19 : Watching her from far away

Ep. 20 : (struggling for this one. But I have to make my choice.) The right eye, then.

So how about you guys?

For me :

Ep 1 : The ghost teacher. Haha.. She was the scariest of all and still giving me nightmare until now. ^_^ and helping SOG escape.

Ep 2 : The "even I don't have anyone, I still have me" scene and GGG activation scene

Ep 3 : SOG crying over the sauce and Yook Gong first appearance

Ep 4 : The Great Sage, Equal to Heaven,Son Oh Gong, protect me till the end (it's also LSG's favorite)

Ep 5 : Son Oh gong destroyed the world for Samjang sake and she woke up with everything she likes.

Ep 6 : "Samjang, you are another Five Elements Mountain to me" scene and You are pretty, I love You.

Ep 7 : Son Oh Gong gave his gift (mermaid tear) for SunMi to see her Grandma and gave up his wish to drink.

Ep 8 : If you want me to die, I think I will.

Ep 9 : I will marry you again

Ep 10 : The GGG re-activation scene

Ep 11 : "Even if GGG disappears, I think I will still feel the same" scene and BuJa's "I want to disappear when I still pretty" scene

Ep 12 : It was worth being in pain

Ep 13 : The lid scene and the office kisses

Ep 14 : The Great Sage, Son Oh Gong, loves human, Jin Sun Mi, sincerely.

Ep 15 : To be honest I love this episode because it showed OYS capability to play another character and she and LSG really had different dynamic here. It's really hard to choose one. I should say all. :D

Ep 16 : The baby and MaWang scene and SOG gave Jin Sun Mi mini GGG.

Ep 17 : We can't see each other again when GGG is removed.

Ep 18 : Of course the kissing scenes :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ep 19 : The opening scenes :D:D and when SunMi dies in OG's arms.

Ep 20 : OG remembered her, showed her that he still love her without the GGG, and gave one of his eye to SunMi. And well, I think I should say, I love the idea of OG went to underworld to take her back (I just wish they would showed her more rather than just having a scene of OG in a car, driving).

• Like 10

I can't pick a particular scene..basically all SOG-JSM scenes are my fav. LOL.

BTW, which reminds me, we were all wondering why JSM was never shown touching or holding the baby sent by the Heron protector. It was because of her abilities. If she had touched the baby, she would have seen that the baby is her and SOG's. That's why they only had SOG touch the baby.

I can't believe we have to figure out all the answers by ourselves after 2 weeks of the show ending. How I wish we could ask the writers questions about the show.

• Like 3

Meh talking about the writer i'm so pissed off by them lol

i need a dvd with full cuts and bts

if only the japanese version have that version then so be it, i'm still gonna order them. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, haymochi said:

Meh talking about the writer i'm so pissed off by them lol

i need a dvd with full cuts and bts

if only the japanese version have that version then so be it, i'm still gonna order them. 

It would be unfair of me to be pissed off at writers if they had written a proper reunion scene for the OTP. As per rumors and logically speaking since OYS was shooting on the last day, there seems to have been a different ending scene but due to production time we were given that stupid car scene as the last one. <_< If they stick to the same poopy ending in Japan version, then I'll be mad. Can't they just give that originally intended ending in Japn version or in the DVD as a treat for the fans? *sigh*

Anyway, during my rewatch I found something morbidly funny. KDS's party was on 25th Feb 2018. Which means the OTP had their hanky panky on the same night and JSM died the next day, which marks her date of death as 26th Feb 2018. But the calendar in her office was showing it as March when she left with Winter General to meet the Protector Heron. :lol:

Still its so sad that JSM was born on 16th December 1986 and died on 26th Feb 2018. What a short, tragic life she led. :( Poor thing.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

"This is just the beginning of a long journey"

hwayugi1.gifezgif.com-optimize-237a0ef2be5d22b18.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hwayugi3.gifezgif.com-optimize-45cf5fecee154374b.gif

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, taskdramafanatic said:

Here is the link to the new chapter of my Hwayugi fanfiction. Hope you enjoy reading it.  

https://my.w.tt/NKPPs7HZpL

Thank you so much for the fanfic. Seriously, it throws me back to 503 couple feels. Read it while listening to all hwayugi ost. Yup, I love to torture myself like that *back to cry in the corner of my room remembering the ending that we've been robbed* :cold_sweat:

• Like 3

On 20/03/2018 at 3:36 PM, annie1234 said:

Thank you so much for the fanfic. Seriously, it throws me back to 503 couple feels. Read it while listening to all hwayugi ost. Yup, I love to torture myself like that *back to cry in the corner of my room remembering the ending that we've been robbed* :cold_sweat:

You are welcome my fellow shipper. I hope you are enjoying it. :)

• Like 2

There goes my hope for our OTP reunion in Vagabond. Since it's 100% pre-produced (Celltrion Ent) , the filming schedule won't be tight. Actually I'm surprised that OYS took Hwayugi. Two dramas in a year (2017). Wow!  *Praying to Drama God*

jtwYYma.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/13/2018 at 1:42 AM, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Really hope they will include the deleted scenes.

Airs on 4/01 @6:15-7:45 Tokyo time = so I have D-19 to figure out how to live stream mnet japan.

Any luck with this yet? Will it be airing 2 episodes a week (Sun/Mon) or two in one day or just one a week?

• Like 2

I just had finished the drama.....omg I DONT EVEN HAVE ANY WORDS TO TELL HOW MUCH I LIKED THE DRAMA AND HOW THE END WAS SO--- SO---

I think you know what i mean. Do you think it will have season 2?

(btw, i am dont know english very well, so i probably have a lot mistakes ^^"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, otd123 said:

I just had finished the drama.....omg I DONT EVEN HAVE ANY WORDS TO TELL HOW MUCH I LIKED THE DRAMA AND HOW THE END WAS SO--- SO---

I think you know what i mean. Do you think it will have season 2?

Welcome to our world! 

I really doubt it will have a season 2. But it doesn't hurt to hope for it!

• Like 1