Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

Guys, i don't know if this is what @Liting1 means,

7 hours ago, Liting1 said:

Apparently, someone said TVN won't make a season 2 if there's only 1k voters. They want 1 million in order to make a season 2. Haha. Crazy. 

But just in case

https://www.change.org/p/tvn-hwayugi-saison-2?recruiter=809175244&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

33 minutes ago, haymochi said:

According to the "AMAZING" writer nim, he was too damaged after fighting the dragon... if there's no GGG he would have perished

it's okay if it only lasted for like a brief moment.

like you said, the moment he saw her he should have remembered her immediately. The last ep should have  focused on him taking her from the underworld. It doesn't have to be grant with all CG effects, etc.. even if it's just showing him getting angry and ready to destroy the heaven +world is more than enough.  Or showing the peddler as the samsin goddess of saving Sunmi...showing that her kind heart and sacrifice were  rewarded 

Ok, I admit that the GGG wrapped around his heart, saved his life but the memory loss due to the Dragon fight is obvious nonsense. He gained consciousness after he fought the dragon and remembered JSM. It was then that his brain shut off JSM's memories because it was excruciatingly painful. That's why he should have remembered her the minute she appeared in front of him.

I totally agree the last episode should have been SOG bringing JSM back from the Land of the dead. It was even hinted when the show showed us Lyra Constellation in one scene. But in the Greek mythology, Orpheus failed to bring back Eurydice. That's why some fans thought that maybe SOG will fail to bring her back and the ending is actually tragic rather than hopefully and happy. I can't blame them. Fairy tales don't end with the hero going off to battle the dragon and not rescuing the heroine. Stories are supposed to end with a happy ever after with both of them TOGETHER. Not with one in Land of Dead and one on his way to get her. Heck, we didn't even need SOG wrecking havoc in the LoD. They could have easily shown JSM besides him in the car and the Patriarch tsking and complaining about the mess he made of the LoD and heaven. We all would have taken that too, happily.

Not to mention, all the hints of JSM turning into a deity never came to fruit. They really messed up the finale or they are planning a season 2 and deliberately kept all the plot threads open. Whatever it is, I am pissed at Hong sisters. God knows how the Japan version will end. I'm afraid they may keep the same ending.

After the show ended, I am getting some epiphanies. Buja did leave the body as soon as ASN entered that's why when ASN entered JSM, Buja didn't wake up in her body. Which means Buja's soul should be intact and in LoD too. She will be reincarnated and maybe meet PK again. Also, her soul may have met JSM there. I can hope. And when JSM ordered Buja to show her the truth about KDS, she actually hypnotized ASN into showing Buja's memories. It was not Buja.

8 minutes ago, Ade Noveeanthy said:

Thanks for sharing the link. I signed. Maybe you can post it on the OTP shipping thread and send it to fanclubs on Instagram and twitter too? And just a FYI. You can sign it more than once.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hmm but let's assume that with SOG 's character will he ever give up? No

He gave her one of his eyes and he is so powerful so he will DEF  get her back no matter whateven if it cost him everything.

He broke his promise 25 years ago so this means he will keep his promise this time.

He lost her twice already and he def can't live without her so for the third time he won't ever let her go again

hmmph... amnesia plot is 100% unnecessary. It's like they don't know what to write for the last ep so let's  have a parallel scene where Sunmi ran around chasing after OG this time .. and  " oh let's add lots of flasbacks too so it will be easy to filmed" <_<

Dragon prince? Buja? ASN

"aaah i don't know... let's just make Buja left long time ago and kill all the others then we won't have to explain anything"

18 eps of amazing drama was ruined by 2 final eps. Geez.. it's like a competition btw writers these days to write the worst and weirdest ending

Let's see who can richard simmons off viewers the most

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Ok, I admit that the GGG wrapped around his heart, saved his life but the memory loss due to the Dragon fight is obvious nonsense. He gained consciousness after he fought the dragon and remembered JSM. It was then that his brain shut off JSM's memories because it was excruciatingly painful. That's why he should have remembered her the minute she appeared in front of him.

I totally agree the last episode should have been SOG bringing JSM back from the Land of the dead. It was even hinted when the show showed us Lyra Constellation in one scene. But in the Greek mythology, Orpheus failed to bring back Eurydice. That's why some fans thought that maybe SOG will fail to bring her back and the ending is actually tragic rather than hopefully and happy. I can't blame them. Fairy tales don't end with the hero going off to battle the dragon and not rescuing the heroine. Stories are supposed to end with a happy ever after with both of them TOGETHER. Not with one in Land of Dead and one on his way to get her. Heck, we didn't even need SOG wrecking havoc in the LoD. They could have easily shown JSM besides him in the car and the Patriarch tsking and complaining about the mess he made of the LoD and heaven. We all would have taken that too, happily.

Not to mention, all the hints of JSM turning into a deity never came to fruit. They really messed up the finale or they are planning a season 2 and deliberately kept all the plot threads open. Whatever it is, I am pissed at Hong sisters. God knows how the Japan version will end. I'm afraid they may keep the same ending.

After the show ended, I am getting some epiphanies. Buja did leave the body as soon as ASN entered that's why when ASN entered JSM, Buja didn't wake up in her body. Which means Buja's soul should be intact and in LoD too. She will be reincarnated and maybe meet PK again. Also, her soul may have met JSM there. I can hope. And when JSM ordered Buja to show her the truth about KDS, she actually hypnotized ASN into showing Buja's memories. It was not Buja.

Thanks for sharing the link. I signed. Maybe you can post it on the OTP shipping thread and send it to fanclubs on Instagram and twitter too? And just a FYI. You can sign it more than once.

Really? How? Can you tell me how? Sorry but I don't have twitter, and I don't know about the fanclub site, could someone help me tho?? :grin:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Hmm but let's assume that with SOG 's character will he ever give up? No

He gave her one of his eyes and he is so powerful so he will DEF  get her back no matter whateven if it cost him everything.

He broke his promise 25 years ago so this means he will keep his promise this time.

He lost her twice already and he def can't live without her so for the third time he won't ever let her go again

hmmph... amnesia plot is 100% unnecessary. It's like they don't know what to write for the last ep so let's  have a parallel scene where Sunmi ran around chasing after OG this time .. and  " oh let's add lots of flasbacks too so it will be easy to filmed" <_<

Dragon prince? Buja? ASN

"aaah i don't know... let's just make Buja left long time ago and kill all the others then we won't have to explain anything"

18 eps of amazing drama was ruined by 2 final eps. Geez.. it's like a competition btw writers these days to write the worst and weirdest ending

Let's see who can richard simmons off viewers the most

Of course we know he will never give up and will get JSM out come hell or water. But since it was not SHOWN, some fans are unwilling to accept that it was a hopeful and happy ending. I seriously want to run behind the writers with a pitchfork to make them change the ending. :lol:

It was lazy and horrible writing..they wanted to add in lots of flashbacks to cover the time so went with nonsense amnesia, IMO.

19th episode was not that bad actually. 20th ruined everything. *runs behind the writers with pitchfork again* <_<

LOL, isn't that the truth with writers and writing poopy endings these days. WHAT in the WORLD is wrong with giving us all a happy ever after? We spend so much time watching your shows..reward us instead of punishing the viewers!

35 minutes ago, Ade Noveeanthy said:

Really? How? Can you tell me how? Sorry but I don't have twitter, and I don't know about the fanclub site, could someone help me tho?? :grin:

Even if you post on the OTP thread, I am sure it will spread to all the fanclubs.

Spoiler

LOL, just make up names and fake emails to sign. :wink: like endingsucked78576366533@gmail.com or something. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ilovejasminnie said:

Curious.

Does anyone know what kind of monster/creature Mawang's son is? :)

Do you mean is he associated with an animal the way Oh Gong, Ma Wang, PK & Secretary Ma are? I don't believe he is - he's just another magical being like Sa Oh Jong. Looks like in dramas, games, etc., he's usually portrayed in red/orange clothes since his big ability is special fire which he can shoot from his eyes, nose & mouth.

• Thanks 4

Got to back track a little bit because I’ve been lurking a little <guilty grin>.  Furthermore, I’m still enjoying everyone’s analysis. :wub:

I will have to say that I’m having mixed feelings if they change the ending for the Japanese audience. My first reactions were, what are we chopped liver?! to hmm I wonder if my Japanese friends will watch it so, they can record it. And to argh!  I want to move back to Japan. So yeah, mixed feelings. Also if they change the ending, no season 2! Which is both positive , and negative. :wink:

@40somethingahjumma I have no problems with ASN‘s interference with the darling couple. What I found a tad annoying is that she became a one dimensional villain. And then when she lost her powers even worst. Just so much potential wasted. Even the theories, and analysis on here were mucho better than what we got. That’s why I kind of want a season 2. -(or maybe I’m just a sucker for punishment) 

:huh:

Make the under writers of the Hong sisters write the scripts (similar to what happened to George Lucas’s movies).:D

I enjoy reading different or same perspectives, including yours. Makes watching a show even more enjoyable to watch :wub:

@YourHighness .  I really wish they explained a bit better about Buja. Just tell the viewers where  she went. Is that so hard? Apparently yes. 

Underwriters take note. :D

i think the the current writers went to a convention, “how to annoy a viewer” to ‘how to write poop endings”. They definitely applied it to a t! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Of course we know he will never give up and will get JSM out come hell or water. But since it was not SHOWN, some fans are unwilling to accept that it was a hopeful and happy ending. I seriously want to run behind the writers with a pitchfork to make them change the ending. :lol:

It was lazy and horrible writing..they wanted to add in lots of flashbacks to cover the time so went with nonsense amnesia, IMO.

19th episode was not that bad actually. 20th ruined everything. *runs behind the writers with pitchfork again* <_<

LOL, isn't that the truth with writers and writing poopy endings these days. WHAT in the WORLD is wrong with giving us all a happy ever after? We spend so much time watching your shows..reward us instead of punishing the viewers!

Even if you post on the OTP thread, I am sure it will spread to all the fanclubs.

Hide contents

LOL, just make up names and fake emails to sign. :wink: like endingsucked78576366533@gmail.com or something. :lol:

Ep 19 morning scene was the best lol

then i'm a sobbing mess till the end of ep 19

buf i'm still hopeful cos why would you end the big battle and kill off Sunmi in ep 19? Cos you need to give a closure, happy end, wedding, and happy moments for our otp on last ep

i was so shocked and speechless that they spent 1 hour for Sunmi being a wandering spirit  and OG amnesia :blink:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, nrbrown said:

Got to back track a little bit because I’ve been lurking a little <guilty grin>.  Furthermore, I’m still enjoying everyone’s analysis. :wub:

I will have to say that I’m having mixed feelings if they change the ending for the Japanese audience. My first reactions were, what are we chopped liver?! to hmm I wonder if my Japanese friends will watch it so, they can record it. And to argh!  I want to move back to Japan. So yeah, mixed feelings. Also if they change the ending, no season 2! Which is both positive , and negative. :wink:

@40somethingahjumma I have no problems with ASN‘s interference with the darling couple. What I found a tad annoying is that she became a one dimensional villain. And then when she lost her powers even worst. Just so much potential wasted. Even the theories, and analysis on here were mucho better than what we got. That’s why I kind of want a season 2. -(or maybe I’m just a sucker for punishment) 

:huh:

Make the under writers of the Hong sisters write the scripts (similar to what happened to George Lucas’s movies).:D

I enjoy reading different or same perspectives, including yours. Makes watching a show even more enjoyable to watch :wub:

@YourHighness .  I really wish they explained a bit better about Buja. Just tell the viewers where  she went. Is that so hard? Apparently yes. 

Underwriters take note. :D

i think the the current writers went to a convention, “how to annoy a viewer” to ‘how to write poop endings”. They definitely applied it to a t! 

@bold I am not sure there will be a change in the ending..won't that be unethical since they already aired that crappy car scene as the ending in Korea and even sent it to Netflix? But if they do, I will be very thankful since Season 2 comes with the threat of cast change..especially JSM, as they already made sure to say "However you may change, I will recognize you".:unsure:

The writers really left a lot of things to the viewers imagination with Buja and the ending. Maybe we can send a horde of demons to that convention so that these writers get haunted. :tongue::lol:

8 hours ago, haymochi said:

Ep 19 morning scene was the best lol

then i'm a sobbing mess till the end of ep 19

buf i'm still hopeful cos why would you end the big battle and kill off Sunmi in ep 19? Cos you need to give a closure, happy end, wedding, and happy moments for our otp on last ep

i was so shocked and speechless that they spent 1 hour for Sunmi being a wandering spirit  and OG amnesia :blink:

Don't remind me. I was so sure they will show SOG leave to find JSM in the Land of the dead and get her back at the start of episode 20, then marriage and babies. But...*sigh* :(

The stupid amnesia plot was such LAZY writing. My God, I can't express enough how much I hate it. :( My poor OTP. This is why I HATE open ending. No Closure whatsoever. At least I could have been pissed if it had been a sad ending and moved on easily but by showing a hopeful happy ending, I will never get closure...unless there's a Season 2..which I doubt.

• Like 3

I have been wondering, how could JSM die or her soul be transported to the afterworld if she died in Seureumdong and without SOG’s invitation, a minor character like a grim reaper wouldn’t be able to enter? Lol

Frankly speaking, being the infamous SOG, which grim reaper dare come claim the soul of his bride? Maybe Wang Yeo, since he is bestie with Goblin? Hahahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, haneybee87@gmail.com said:

this cake is so cute.. samjang cake :) 

The cake is so cute. The only missing is Son Oh Gong (or maybe little Son Yook Gong). :D:D

• Like 2

Can someone who knows Korean help out with this? Maybe @stroppyse ?

drag.jpg

Do these numbers mean JSM's date of birth? 1986.12.16

My subs from episode 2 says that JSM was 36 years old but if we go by this screenshot, she should be 31 and only 6 when she freed SOG which makes no sense since she appeared older than 10 at least. What the...do 31 and 36 sound similar in Korean?

I really doubt a 6 year old would have been left alone after her grandmother died. Her uncle didn't like her stepping foot in his house so I really doubt he took her in. I wonder if she lived alone after her grandmother died.

• Like 1

@YourHighness ., the resolution on the picture isn't good enough for me to definitely make the characters out, but it would make sense that it is either her birthdate or the date that she was registered in the national registry. If you tell me the timing on your subs of episode2, I can take a listen and see what they say is her birthdate. 31 and 36 do not sound similar in Korean.

As for SM after her grandmother passed away, I had gotten the impression that she had gone to an orphanage since her family wouldn't take her in. Though, I couldn't pinpoint what made me think that. Anyway, whether she was 6 or 10, that would still be too young for her to live by herself anywhere, even assuming that they let her stay in the grandmother's place after her passing.

• Like 2

I also thought she was sent to an orphanage (it looked to me like a church in the background-when she was being bullied) when/after  her grandmother died.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@YourHighness ., the resolution on the picture isn't good enough for me to definitely make the characters out, but it would make sense that it is either her birthdate or the date that she was registered in the national registry. If you tell me the timing on your subs of episode2, I can take a listen and see what they say is her birthdate. 31 and 36 do not sound similar in Korean.

As for SM after her grandmother passed away, I had gotten the impression that she had gone to an orphanage since her family wouldn't take her in. Though, I couldn't pinpoint what made me think that. Anyway, whether she was 6 or 10, that would still be too young for her to live by herself anywhere, even assuming that they let her stay in the grandmother's place after her passing.

It was in episode 1 when MW went to meet adult JSM for the first time at her office. About 1:07:07 ish. I didn't know you can register a child after a few years in Korea..so it could be that.

It does make sense that she would be sent to the orphanage after her grandmother passed away.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

It was in episode 1 when MW went to meet adult JSM for the first time at her office. About 1:07:07 ish. I didn't know you can register a child after a few years in Korea..so it could be that.

It does make sense that she would be sent to the orphanage after her grandmother passed away.

I checked out the scene, but aside from the camera panning that certificate as MW looked at it, there was no mention of birthdates.

• Like 2