Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

4 hours ago, Kangyul said:

Not sure if anyone brought this up but in the liverecap the shop boy says that hes a half god. Which hints more  that hes MW's son since princess iron fan was a goddess.

lol.. i have had that theory for sometime now.. because otherwise there is no need for that character in this drama.. and red son is crucial to all these characters including oh gong

4 hours ago, Kangyul said:

Not sure if anyone brought this up but in the liverecap the shop boy says that hes a half god. Which hints more  that hes MW's son since princess iron fan was a goddess.

lol.. i have had that theory for sometime now.. because otherwise there is no need for that character in this drama.. and red son is crucial to all these characters including oh gong

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

its funny that in butlers.. in some psychoanalytic test, they basically confirmed.. seungi is someone with a lot of strong sexual desires... and he likes to be on the top :tongue: 

its funny

I missed that, which episode was that??? :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hikaru_dawn said:

TRUE!

And their chemistry is off the charts...drama gods this is why we yearn for scenes like these. NO DEATH PLEASE

Rapes replay button

and don't forget, thank god Hwayugi aired on TVN !!!!

if its aired on public broadcast such as KBS, SBS and MBC, i'm sure 100% the kiss scene won't be like this :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

MW has Sec Ma try the geumganggo on. ASN meets OG secretly.

MW: Secretary Ma, raise your right hand.
Ma: Yes. (raising right hand)
MW: Not your right hand, you have to raise your left hand.
Ma: Okay. (raises left hand)
MW: Oh, geez. Do the opposite, the opposite! Not as ordered, but the opposite, you have to rebel.
Ma: Ah. Okay, I understand.
MW: Sit down. (Sec. Ma sits) Ay!
Ma: Oh, I’m sorry. I’m just not used to disobeying Ma Wang’s orders.
MW: I’m ordering you to refuse my orders! Sit.
Ma: Oh, I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.
MW: If Secretary Ma keeps on doing that, then it won’t be a test.
Ma: I’m sorry. (bows and the geumganggo falls off) Oh!
MW: Hm? How did this fall off?
Ma: It just fell off by itself.
MW: What’s wrong with this? Is it broken already? Put it on again.
Ma: Yes. (Puts it back on)
MW: Okay. (Ma reaches up and takes it off) Oh, this has broken! It’s broken. That grandson jerk has sold us another defective merchandise. Oh, that cursed boy.

ASN: With my strength right now, I can wake the dragon, but I can’t bring him up to the world. I need Sam Jang.
OG: I’m going to get rid of it before it can come outside. She’s not going to do anything. You only have to do as much as you can.
ASN: Are you saying to not let that woman know?
OG: That’s the way it’s going to be. You do everything. That’s why I let you live. Since I didn’t let you live because I liked you, don’t even think of spouting any nonsense.
ASN: I won’t. You’re fooling your woman, and wanting to do this secretly with me. I like it. There is a thrill to meeting in secret after all. I won’t get caught.
OG: Be careful so that you don’t get caught. Go.
ASN: I heard from Sah Oh Jung that you’ve even left the house. Are you staying at the penthouse of this building?

SM confronts ASN.

SM: Not you, I asked Bu Ja.
ASN: She is no longer in this body.
SM: You stay still! Bu Ja, answer me. (grabs her hand and has visions of KDS killing BJ)
SM: That person killed her.
ASN: You stole away my power, and you’ve developed those abilities as well? You who couldn’t do anything…
SM: How could you go into her body and help the person who killed her? You’re really a filthy evil spirit.
ASN: I am not such a thing!
KDS: Jin Seon Mi-sshi, you’ve come. Did you have a nice cup of tea together?
SM: Enough of the tea. I wanted to see again what kind of person you are. Since I now know everything, that’s enough. (to ASN) Where is the spiritual place you went to with this person? Even if you don’t tell me, I’m going to find it. Since, as you’ve said, I’ve become strong now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 22

BJ/ASN sheds a tear for her mother's death. OG watches KDS' posse at a party.

ASN: So, she died. (Wipes a tear. Turns around to see PK.)
PK: They say that Bu Ja’s mother has died.
ASN: I know.
PK: Then why are you crying?
ASN: This isn’t me crying.
(PK hugs ASN/BJ comfortingly)

Man: Congratulations
KDS: Thanks. Thank you for coming.
Other men: Congratulations
(OG and OJ watching KDS interacting with his backers)
OG: Are those people Kang Dae Sung’s stone, bell, and knives?
OJ: I had thought that if only that person was gone that the black dragon would be gone as well, but that probably isn’t the case. Even if Kang Dae Sung were to disappear, then those people will raise a new Kang Dae Sung. And, then the black dragon will come back to the world.
OG: Since the world is full of evil desires enough to feed a black dragon. I’ve seen everything I need to see. Let’s go. (starts to stand up) Oh darn it! I can’t leave.
OJ: Did something happen?
OG: Sam Jang has just entered the room.
OJ: Oh, that is true. I can smell the lotus flower scent.
(KDS greets SM and Sec. Ma)
KDS: I didn’t know that Jin Seon Mi would come here.
Ma: She came in stead of Chairman Woo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 14

PK provides ASN with some kindness and understanding. A tiny bit of OG and SM talking about what OG may be trying to do.

(at dinner)

PK: Oh venerable shaman, will you clink your glass once with this lowly pig?
ASN: Okay. I will do a cheers with you.

(ASN shows PK her sarcophagus)
ASN: This is where I had been asleep. What is there to see about it anyway?
PK: I was curious. If I want to know who you are, I need to know where you came from as well.
ASN: Why would you want to get to know me?
PK: I would like for you to become nice and continue to maintain Bu Ja’s body like this. (me: Did PK forget that the way ASN is taking care of BJ’s body is to eat humans?) Stop doing evil things. If you continue, then either Ma Wang or the Great Sage, Equal to Heaven is going to void you. I don’t want to see that happen. (look at the sarcophagus) It’s a sarcophagus. You were trapped inside this cramped thing for 1200 years?
ASN: Yes.
PK: You must have been sad. You said you were betrayed. How angry and sad you must have been. I can even understand why you turned bad.
ASN: Yes. I was so mad that I am doing some naughty things. I’m not an evil spirit.
PK: If you do good things from now on, then it’ll be okay. You said you were a shaman. (strokes her hair)
ASN: I like it that you don’t make me feel miserable.

(at KDS' party)
SM: The dragon is very strong? Dangerous? That’s why you didn’t say anything?
OG: Yes. They're strong. Ma Wang fought once once long ago, but even seeing it's eyes, he was frightened.

After the clip, but before the next clip starts, continuation of SM and OG's conversation at the party:

SM: Then it must be very strong.
OG Don’t worry since I’m a lot stronger than Ma Wang.
SM: That’s not what Ma Wang said.
OG: Ma Wang did? I’m a LOT stronger than Ma Wang! (to everyone else) What are you looking at?! (back to SM) Oh, that bad cow bastard.
SM: Since awhile ago, everyone has been looking at you. You’ve become very famous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 17

OG and SM talking at the party.

OG: It’s bothersome. I liked the days when I watched tv all day and just followed you around.
SM: You can’t even just disappear suddenly. It must be uncomfortable for you to travel around.
OG: Still, I’m doing very well. Dealing with humans didn’t turn out to be that big a deal.
(Man bumps into SM)
Man: I apologize.
OG: Hey. Keep your eyes wide open when you’re walking around.
Man: Oh, yes.
SM: A person can’t act that way towards an older person.
OG: As long as that person can live, he can go maybe 80 years. Do you know how old I am? (at SM’s wide eyes) No. I don’t want to have a conversation with you about the difference in our ages.
SM: If you’re pretending to be a human, then you should at least follow the basic manners.
OG: Excuse me.
Waitress: Yes?
OG: Please give this person a glass of champagne.
Waitress: Yes.
OG: See? If I decide to do it, then I can do it all.
(Woman and daughter approach them)
Woman: Oh, hello. We met each other at the Club the other day, didn’t we?
OG: Yes.
Woman: This is my daughter. These days she’s been studying cooking in Paris, France. And, soon she’ll be in charge of food products at our company.
(Woman, daughter, and OG bow to each other. Waitress walks up with SM’s champagne which the woman takes and gives to her daughter.)
Woman: Oh, thank you. Here, drink it.
OG: Should I take care of this?
SM: Do as you usually do.
OG: (nods, then takes the glass of champagne) Give it to me. it’s not yours.
Woman: Oh, how could you have such manners?
OG: It’s poop manners! Do you want to see more?
Woman: Oh! Let’s go. (they leave)
(OG gives the glass to SM. They smile.)

SM: The scent is nice.
OG: From all the humans here, there is a foul stench. Since I gathered them here, it’s almost unbearable. Still, when you came in, I was shocked. It’s only been a couple of days since I saw you, but in that time, your fragrance has become much stronger.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 17
  • Haha 2

SM tells OG that she's going to empty herself of her love for him.

OG: What?
SM: They said that I had to choose to empty myself of something very important. So, I thought earnestly of what that could be.
OG: Why are you thinking about things like that? Are you a bowl? Empty? Empty what?
SM: It must be my heart, I guess. Since what I’m full of right now is how much I love you. Because of that, even though I was worried, I prevaricated. If I can empty myself, then I think I can do what I must do. So, I’m going to empty it all.
OG: That’s fair. Mine will disappear, and yours will be emptied.
SM: What the White Egret (the doctor) had told me, that I was special and that I would be able to save people, I’ve decided to believe that. Since I am such a capable person, even emptying myself of love, I will be able to do that.
OG: So, to tell me that you’re going to turn it over in one move and empty yourself, is that why you came here? Okay, empty yourself. And, make sure to do clean the bowl thoroughly as well.
(SM starts to leave, but OG stops her)
OG: You. It doesn’t matter to me if you throw it all away on the street or in your boarding room, but don’t do it in front of me. The one who filled you up was me, but that would make me pathetic. Where I can’t see it, empty it well. (leaves)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 17
  • Sad 1

OG takes off the geumganggo by himself.

(OG takes off the geumganggo himself, as he’s looking at SM)
OG: What can be done? Even looking at her like this, she’s even prettier.
(the piece of candy that she had asked for OG to put in the sky with the stars when she was drunk earlier in the episode falls into her lap)

MW: Hey, Great Sage, Equal to Heaven, you moron! I’ve finally figured it out. I’ve unlocked the secret of the geumganggo. Now you will be able to take it off…
(OG shows him the geumganggo in his hand)
MW: (sighs) You’ve already taken it off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 19

Hong sisters, after such scene there will be no more stupid noble idiocy right???

it's time to fight together!! And OG should tell her about the posibility of him being able to change their fate 

Sunmi is not gonna say sonething like 

" i've emptied out my feelings for you, we shouldn't see each other again , sayonara~“

If she ever did something foolish again i'm gonna curse  lol. I totally love her charisma in ep 18. That power sure gave her confidence .....  she was so cool  when she confronted ASN and Kang Dae Sung. ASN was even surprised that she has such strong power.  I think she will be able to call out the real Buja later on..

Kinda pity ASN though, looks like her feelings is getting softer and softer towards PK. But PK wants to kill her now after knowing that she is using Buja's body to help Buja's real killer. 

Soon Kang  daesung is going to betray  her just like how the king did. He wants  Sunmi even more now....*shudder*. I hope Sunmi use her power to kick some richard simmons 

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Hong sisters, after such scene there will be no more stupid noble idiocy right???

it's time to fight together!! And OG should tell her about the posibility of him being able to change their fate 

" i've emptied out my feelings for you, we shouldn't see each other again , sayonara~“

If she ever did something foolish again i'm gonna curse  lol. I totally love her charisma in ep 18. That power sure gave her confidence .....  she was so cool  when she confronted ASN and Kang Dae Sung. ASN was even surprised that she has such strong power.  I think she will be able to call out the real Buja later on..

Kinda pity ASN though, looks like her feelings is getting softer and softer towards PK. But PK wants to kill her now after knowing that she is using Buja's body to help Buja's real killer. 

Soon Kang  daesung is going to betray  her just like how the king did. He wants  Sunmi even more now....*shudder*. I hope Sunmi use her power to kick some richard simmons 

I agree completely. They should now work together, not separately. Your worries about Sun Mi is valid, but I am also worried about Oh Gong. Why oh why didn't he just tell her that he loves her even without GGG? I don't want him to still try to sacrifice himself. After all, the death bell fate can be changed now. If SM knows, then together they might find an answer and fight together. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

SM: The evil spirits are very strong? Dangerous? That’s why you didn’t say anything?
OG: Yes. They’re strong. Ma Wang fought them once long ago, but even seeing their eyes, he was frightened

Sorry for cutting your post. Then it's means MW help will not really helping OG since the evil really strong. Omo how could OG faces this super power evil? Hopefully everything will end up well, i will put my hope to Hong Sisters to wrap up this drama beautifully *like ep 18 hahaha

• Haha 4

This!!

OG needs to tell her about the GGG

this otp and the team should start working together

imagine how hard the withdrawal symptoms will be next week. I m gonna hypnotize myself believing that tonight is indeed the last ep . So i will be surprised next week "oh there are 2 more eps left..yeay!! 

*stupid i know *

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, tweets said:

6 The ending of this episode both made me happy + scared me. Made me think they are setting up for OG to get killed.... 

sorry to cut your post, but i completely agree.. it feels like "let me give you some good scene, before the tragic one" ( and we cant complain about it , because we love it lol! ) because its still 2 eps left and they already lovey dovey on this eps, so its like fly high before falling really down? dont noww maybe we are too sensitive right now lol, we will get the answer in one week.. what a long way to go..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My first thought after this episode was actually: I hope they wake up next episode in at least some state of undress :D  I mean come on TVN why would two ppl who love each other go to bed together fully dressed like that? I didn't even see a naked torso of the man or two open buttons on the blouse of the woman -_-

The second thing I've been thinking about is that the timing is quite bad for ASN. I had the feeling that despite the fact that PK is trying to reach trough to BJ, she has started to take a liking to him for his kindness, and that's exactly what OG said: If all she wishes for is a man who loves her and makes her happy, and her hartred and anger would disappear if she did, then she should search for a man who can do that, and PK seems be the just the man for her. But now the dragon prince's gone and told him what MW said not to tell him and he's going to lose his temper completely and it will be ugly :(

Ever since we talked about the topic in this thread I believed that the boy from the shop is MW's son, but I guess now it's 100%. I'm now expecting a very happy ending for all but the evil politician :D 

Just a theory: Is ASN a special medium connected to the dragon? I mean maybe bothways, which is why she can call upon it. Could it be that when she was betrayed and imprisoned >1000 years ago, her hartred and anger and fear that cumulated over more than a thousand years corrupted the dragon too, which made it evil? I didn't really pay attention when MW said that he's seen the black dragon before, how long ago was that?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, haymochi said:

this .. I agree completely with you

I am afraid JSM will go for another noble idiocy again

and then she doesnt realise that she is pregnant until the last minute ( remember this is drama land)

On the other side, as hinted by the background in ep 18 , I think the baby from lotus hospital is indeed OG and JSM's child/son..it will less likely be OG's reincarnation,  as we know now that he can not die regardless of GGG 

I think someone here has pointed that OG will suffer and drink his banned-free alcohol which he longed so much..but drinking it with agony as he helplessly searching for JSM.

so perhaps..

1.JSM will be taken up to heaven (perhaps after giving birth) and sacrifice herself for saving the world

2. OG will be in deep agony while taking care of their offspring, with the help of MW and all the demons

3. OG will learn how to do Kaa-koong properly as he becomes a real dad

4. JSM becomes deity, coming from heaven (after a few years in agony and hidden by heaven) and finally meets OG

5. and happily ever after while rising their demigod, 

6.along with MW who finally knows that his son (from the general store)

7. MW's son (one) inherits Lucifer's entertainment

8. ASN is reincarnated to be a good shaman or deity in the form of BJ, who will reconcile with PK

It is indeed interesting that even OG and MW recognise that the granmother from the general store as a human..wel that's a twist that she is Guanyin who protects MW's and Nachal;s redboy..

• Like 7

2 hours ago, haymochi said:

imagine how hard the withdrawal symptoms will be next week. I m gonna hypnotize myself believing that tonight is indeed the last ep . So i will be surprised next week "oh there are 2 more eps left..yeay!! 

*stupid i know *

Haha good idea. Let's do that! :glasses: But yeah, you're right, definitely going to go through depressing withdrawal symptoms next week. Please we need happy ending. No open-ended or bad ending please, writer-nim!

2 hours ago, sight_stv said:

sorry to cut your post, but i completely agree.. it feels like "let me give you some good scene, before the tragic one" ( and we cant complain about it , because we love it lol! ) because its still 2 eps left and they already lovey dovey on this eps, so its like fly high before falling really down? dont noww maybe we are too sensitive right now lol, we will get the answer in one week.. what a long way to go..

I am absolutely scared of that too. The fact that they gave us this scene when three's two episodes to go, just makes me worried.

But, I've decided to trust the Hong Sisters until the end. All things considered, I think the best option for the whole story is to have a happy ending. That's why they introduced the baby boy (sign of hope) despite the revelation about Samjang's sacrifice by the previous protector. 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not post consecutively within an hour. Please edit previous post instead. Thanks.
  • Like 3

2psoxu1.png

"This hurts enough to make one's eyeballs pop out."

23ljf9s.png

"It hurt enough to make one's eyes pop out!"

I thought this was funny. haha

I feel like the "grandson" knows a lot more than he lets on.

ASN is not a character I like at all, but I hope she can redeem herself.

I can't believe next week is the last week..... T_T

About the baby, the mom irl said they were done with filming so I'm assuming it has nothing to do with the ending. (Or they filmed the ending already) but idk

• Like 2

The funny things are we wish for our otp have the sweet romantic scene before both of them face a tragic destiny. Then we got our wish in ep 18, then we all saying Hong Sisters daebak for the twist plot and then here we go again worried about the tragic fate and the noble idiocy from SM after bed scene, hahaha, I found it so funny .

45 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

this .. I agree completely with you

I am afraid JSM will go for another noble idiocy again

and then she doesnt realise that she is pregnant until the last minute ( remember this is drama land)

On the other side, as hinted by the background in ep 18 , I think the baby from lotus hospital is indeed OG and JSM's child/son..it will less likely be OG's reincarnation,  as we know now that he can not die regardless of GGG 

I think someone here has pointed that OG will suffer and drink his banned-free alcohol which he longed so much..but drinking it with agony as he helplessly searching for JSM.

so perhaps..

1.JSM will be taken up to heaven (perhaps after giving birth) and sacrifice herself for saving the world

2. OG will be in deep agony while taking care of their offspring, with the help of MW and all the demons

3. OG will learn how to do Kaa-koong properly as he becomes a real dad

4. JSM becomes deity, coming from heaven (after a few years in agony and hidden by heaven) and finally meets OG

5. and happily ever after while rising their demigod, 

6.along with MW who finally knows that his son (from the general store)

7. MW's son (one) inherits Lucifer's entertainment

8. ASN is reincarnated to be a good shaman or deity in the form of BJ, who will reconcile with PK

It is indeed interesting that even OG and MW recognise that the granmother from the general store as a human..wel that's a twist that she is Guanyin who protects MW's and Nachal;s redboy..

I will go with number 4, that sounds great. Or maybe the grandma (owner of the shop) and SBR hide SM just like MW child so the heaven will not find out so she will not be killed

• Like 5
  • Haha 2