Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 Daesang 2nd Seoul Awards

Oh my my..that magazine shot, thanks @arctichare, the japanese viewers are seriously spoiled with all these pics and interviews, if only I could speak and read japanese, but who am I kidding :sweatingbullets:

I was giggling hard because of that @t123han ‘s tips on handling My Ajusshi’s withdrawal symptoms,,the list is just awesome! :lol:,,and I’m guilty on almost everything on that list! that could mean I’m a weirdo too :w00t: :lol:

a shout out too to a brilliant post from @oldschooler for an analysis of symbolic DH‘s relationship with drawer.

I’m amazed on the level of writing that you and many posters here have, you guys’s post are truly enjoyable to read :)

I actually didn’t intent to post anything this week since I was busier in the last couple of days, but it seems I can’t leave this thread too long, my withdrawal isn’t over anytime soon I guess, so you’ll still see me once in a while haha..

I was in ep 5-6 rewatch, that scene in ep 5 when JA woken DH up in the subway by kicking his foot, I remember back in this thread someone commented that that could be the first ‘kindness’ JA did to DH without any other ill intention, and I think so too, she was slowly starting to care about this ajusshi, earnestly. 

after that foot-kicking she then walked out of the station, with DH trailing behind, I really like that scene, the camera capturing her face, I think that JA looked soo pretty there, symbolically it might be doing-good-thing effect? she’s getting prettier and prettier, couldn’t imagine how hard is that for our ajusshi :P 

lastly, I’m still hoping our beloved cast and crew of My Ajusshi will at least be nominated for the Baeksang, and if not then you’ll see me shedding tears in this thread sometime in December :tears::sweatingbullets:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, arctichare said:

Umm????

Honestly the pose is so awkward but!!!

Wtf is this ?? Why was it not released before with other pic ?? They are so careful not to even touch even other during pictorials that this pose makes me so happy no matter how conservative it seems.i will gladly take this.

between this is a common pose between bride and groom in south Asian weddings photo shoots even today !!! I know because my husband and  I have our wedding pic with same pose :)

now where are those people who said non platonic relation ???? How can you pose like this ( all lovey dovey ) and want us to believe that drama never meant to show romance. 

I just keep wondering if there was no controversy how much more we would have got !!

OH PDH and LJH I miss them so much!!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, t123han said:

Wtf is this ?? Why was it not released before with other pic ?? They are so careful not to even touch even other during pictorials that this pose makes me so happy no matter how conservative it seems.i will gladly take this.

between this is a common pose between bride and groom in south Asian weddings photo shoots even today !!! I know because my husband and  I have our wedding pic with same pose :)

now where are those people who said non platonic relation ???? How can you pose like this ( all lovey dovey ) and want us to believe that drama never meant to show romance. 

I just keep wondering if there was no controversy how much more we would have got !!

OH PDH and LJH I miss them so much!!!

I would have liked it better if he's the one hugging/touching her.  And wearing a better shirt.  

I came across this tvN Asia's clip for the first time last night.  I guess tvN also thought (presumably because that's what they were told earlier) they were getting a romance drama.  :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Aww. That promo vid gave me all the feels.

Why can't we get access to tvN Asia's subs, dammit!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

I came across this tvN Asia's clip for the first time last night.  I guess tvN also thought (presumably because that's what they were told earlier) they were getting a romance drama. 

If I haven't watch MA, I would have thought it's a drama with love triangle, with Jang Ki Yong as the second lead :sweatingbullets:

And they "forget" to mentioned that PDH has a wife :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

would have liked it better if he's the one hugging/touching her.  And wearing a better shirt.  

I think that would have been too much of a give away :sweatingbullets: We’ll probably see those haters come back alive if they did that lol. Would have loved to see that too

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

9 hours ago, widala said:

If I haven't watch MA, I would have thought it's a drama with love triangle, with Jang Ki Yong as the second lead :sweatingbullets:

And they "forget" to mentioned that PDH has a wife :rolleyes:

That would have made it the weirdest 4-way love or whatever you call it.  But now, come to think of it, we did sort of have that going on.  

@ann04, you're right, of course.  

• Like 4

From this post, I learned that in MA, persimmons symbolised the red thread of destiny.

On 5/26/2018 at 9:21 PM, rellea said:

Everyone remembers the persimmons (some subs called them tomatoes for some reason) that JA kept buying for her grandma and leaving behind, right? Someone brought up an interesting point about how in media, something red is often placed to represent the red string of fate (e.g. the red scarf from Goblin).

In My Ahjussi, persimmons took that role.

So, I was rewatching episode 4 and I noticed they use Persimmon and Grandma as the indicator of the ups and downs of PDH and LJA relation.

In Episode 4, LJA gave Grandma persimmons two times.

The first time Grandma refused them.

qP2payh.jpg

This happened when PDH and LJA relation was strained (because of the attempted kiss and PDH tried to fire LJA).

And right after Grandma refused to eat the persimmons, LJA went listening to PDH and his team talked about her. PDH said he felt sorry for her. She yanked the earphones chord angrily (maybe because what PDH had said was close to the truth) and cursed at him.

qwARsK4h.jpg

The second time, Grandma accepted the persimmons, indicating PDH and LJA relation was starting to mend.

Two days later, LJA fell from the chair because of her illness (beaten by Kwang Il) and she accidentally met PDH at the convenient store where he told her to take some medicine if she's sick.

4etgXL7.jpg

Spoiler

Later that night, LJA gave Grandma persimmons and Grandma ate them.

kFZdCyl.jpg

LJA then listening to the recording of PDH "persuading" the loanshark to apologise to Sang Hoon and Mother.

She was touched with what PDH said

ewBwsPK.jpg

and she could relate it to her own experience.

o27dvw4.jpg

She begun to see PDH in a new light.

E73ZrIYl.jpg

This ending scene, especially, really affected her.

neIRmxx.jpg

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 images in spoiler tags, thanks! :)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 5/25/2018 at 2:10 PM, mushroomsoupie said:

I swear the folks on DCInside are so sharp when it comes to noticing the littlest details of this show.

Before DH's breakdown, we saw KH and his mom re-pot this particular indoor plant.

The plant's name is India rubber plant / Rubber fig (인도고무나무)

According to this site, the meaning of this plant is unchanging love and eternal happiness.

The act of moving a plant to a better pot symbolizes how Dong Hoon (who in episode 4 thought that he was born in the wrong place and couldn't be reconstructed) will have a new beginning in all aspects of his life, by starting his own business, facing the failures in his marriage, and becoming an individual who prioritizes his own happiness.

source

On 5/25/2018 at 3:04 PM, mushroomsoupie said:

WOW! You're absolutely right:o:o

The attention to detail in this drama is amazing. I remember it took them 13 hours to shoot that 5 minutes lady bug scene. Kim Won Suk's directing skill is seriously top notch. Not a single shot is wasted...

back to the pilot, at the beginning of the show, the very first time we see Ji An 

tumblr_pcw7c75fBU1rks53qo1_540.png

she‘s in the background watering a plant 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ree Zan said:

back to the pilot, at the beginning of the show, the very first time we see Ji An 

she‘s in the background watering a plant 

@Ree Zan, welcome to the forum.  You have sharp eyes.  Is that really the very first time we see her?  This post comes very timely as I have been working on a 3-post series and these scenes will all be tied in neatly in the end.  Thank you for sharing this.  Have you seen the first two posts?

Part 1: https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/01/his-structural-cracks/

Part 2: https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/03/park-dong-hoon-built-in-1974-renovated-in-2018-part-2-3-his-reinforcement-and-emergency-exit/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The interview is translated, y'all. 

I love reading how much of a goofball Lee Seon Kyun is in real life, always laughing and joking around.  Yet when the camera rolls, he becomes his character and gets so immersed that he pulls others to do the same. He is able to switch in an instant without having to be the character off-stage.  This is an interesting contrast to IU who likes to remain in character even when not filming.

@timidjock0819, was it you who said LSK is IU's best partner?  She confirmed it yet again.  

Translated by @justamom

Let’s get the scoop on the drama! Lee Seon Kyun and IU give us the inside story.

Q1: While on set, LSK/IU was always — (they were asked to fill in the blanks)

LSK on IU: She lived as Lee Ji An

IU on LSK: He was always laughing with others ...

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/03/lee-seon-gyun-shes-my-lee-ji-an/

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I watched all BTS this time keeping a close eye on LSK. And oh my heart he really is a cutie pie !!! He is performing a very serious scene and as soon as director says cut he breaks into most adorable laugh !! 

This shows his calibre as an actor. Many great performers have complained about trouble  switching between characters and real self. 

PDH was such a depressing character that I am glad LSK was able to disconnect from him as soon as the cameras stopped rolling. 

Did anyone observe in that first pic where both of them are standing , they are close to each other ... there arms, shoulders touching. Whereas the same picture released few days on web had them standing at one arm length. It’s  a small thing but even this much of skinship makes my heart flutter.

Why Japanese viewers are given so many candies and we were left high and dry during the shows run ?? 

And what  do you mean by “she is my le ji ahn? “ seriously what are even supposed to conclude from this ??

it feels like they have formed a really special bond outside the filming sets for him to refer to her that sweatly. 

Between few days back I posted a YouTube video of his wife talking about him . It was a treat to watch and you come

to know how much of a jovial person he is in real life. Apparently the interview is from a show called ‘healing camp’ ep 138 And 139. I tried to find it online but couldn’t find this particular episode anywhere !!! 

Why am i mentioning this here ??? I don’t want to suffer alone with this knowledge that there was something out there so cute and I am not able view it. I thought let others too share this misery with me !!! :)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

This drama is so powerful, I tell you... Sometimes in the middle of preparing my concept paper for my dissertation, I think about something in the drama and feel tears forming at the back of my eyes (then I look at my crappy concept paper and the tears disappear :P).

I am watching a few new dramas, but I'm definitely dropping more dramas than I am following. Everyday isn't Christmas, is it?

After all the analyses about the traffic signs, episode 15 makes it painfully obvious that the director was using the traffic signs as a metaphor/ symbol / motif. Even if I missed traffic signs in other episodes, episode 15 was SOOOOO obvious. PDnim is just brilliant! Aspects of this scene sequence have been analysed before, but what caught my attention is how the scenes were arranged this sequence. Deleting the app should take one second, however....

From around minute 54, 

• Ji Ah tells DH she'll delete the wiretap program. 
  • She lays down next to Jung Hee who tells her they need to sleep to feel better.
  • JA picks the phone. We see her phone wallpaper, a tree that is blocking the sun behind it. As I posted this, it became so obvious why the tree is blocking the sun!! JA's life is dark, DHs life is so dark, the light has figuratively been blocked from their lives. By the end of the drama, even the lighting style has changes to something brighter to reflect their new brighter, open lives.
  • Could the picture also mean that JA as DHs light, watched DH from behind a "veil"?

Spoiler

37933966_10156180496765412_9103366076464

• Ji An listens to DongHoon for the last time as he walks towards the subway.
Spoiler

38122052_10156180496910412_7302811465520

38155464_10156180497080412_7744203459234

• The warning bell of the approaching train rings and the barriers come down as DH crosses the tracks. The barriers have the red light on, plus the very obvious stop sign.
Spoiler

37961343_10156180497440412_2743534476284

• Ji An chooses the "uninstall" option the program as she listens to DHs last footsteps... the light is red = stop wiretapping 
Spoiler

37962516_10156180497600412_4553805720591

• The train flashes past and the barrier behind DH shows the red light and stop sign. The scene changes focus to his legs was he continues walking.
Spoiler

37971101_10156180497740412_8554704130617

• Ji An chooses OK to begin the uninstall option and the program is deleted. This is as he's crossed the Railtrack and the train metaphorically cuts their communication.... I almost fainted seeing this.
Spoiler

37945951_10156180497910412_2403926142265

• Back to DH's footsteps that we see and can NO LONGER HEAR. (then the "Adult" OST plays over the footsteps). The link to his footsteps that told her about him is ended.
  •  The train barrier turns green and rises behind DH and he continues walking. Even though the light is green, the stop sign and the train sign remind us that the link is broken.
Spoiler

38168674_10156180501610412_6297839266294

• PS ... Can someone read what this says? Is she changing the wallpaper? Because the wall paper changes to something brighter and with a "traintrack" looking boardwalk thing...

Spoiler

38071949_10156180503890412_2004218919283

37978420_10156180503770412_8231997308951

• If the wallpapers are contrasted, does it mean that JA now has open access to DH, as opposed to before where she saw him through the wiretap? Does she now have "legal" / open access to him (the board walk) as opposed to the wiretap (the sun behind the tree)? Later when she meets him at the café, she hears his voice "without using any channels"....
  • JA puts the phone down and closes her eyes and we see a tear run down her face. I think this is the first tear she's shed in the entire show. She didn't even cry the two times she was beaten by gangster. JH asks her why she is crying. Obviously she cant say.
Spoiler

38130075_10156180504275412_2451300881375

• DH is still walking, but now we can hear his steps. JA cannot. the scene ends.
Spoiler

37905947_10156180503275412_7512642161486

38036958_10156180504425412_5014238244926

They say the script is edited thrice: by the writer, then by the actors and director during shooting, then during post-production in the editing suite. The sequence of the scenes just hit me BAM! BAM!! BAM!!!. PDNim was playing a piano with how those scenes were arranged. The end of their bond (wiretapping) plays out so beautifully here, I was blown away! I can see PDnim with his directors notes, telling the editing guy how to arrange the scenes, knowing that he's trolling us by hiding awesomeness in plain sight.

I'm still gathering the courage to watch episode 16, two weeks after watching 15. I don't know why it's harder now!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, t123han said:

Between few days back I posted a YouTube video of his wife talking about him . It was a treat to watch and you come

to know how much of a jovial person he is in real life. Apparently the interview is from a show called ‘healing camp’ ep 138 And 139. I tried to find it online but couldn’t find this particular episode anywhere !!! 

Do you mean this video?

It's the Healing Camp ep 138.

It doesn't have sub, but there's someone in the comment section translated what Jeon Hye Jin was saying.

The video doesn't available in most Asian countries (South East Asia mostly), so I watch it using VPN...

• Like 5

I have seen the video and I know someone posted the content in comment section. 

But I can’t find the whole episode online :( . Most of korean drama subbed websites have only recent episodes of this show !!!

• Like 2

Oops, sorry @t123han.... I thought you're looking for the vid :sweatingbullets:

Yes, it's sad. There's a clip of ep 139, but no sub and no translation either...

So difficult to find sub video of LSK...

I can't even find any vid or clip of Blue Dragon awards 2017, where LSK was the host with Kim Hye Soo... (There's few clips of Jo In Sung, Jung Woo Sung and some performances, but no LSK :unsure:)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, widala said:

Oops, sorry @t123han.... I thought you're looking for the vid :sweatingbullets:

Yes, it's sad. There's a clip of ep 139, but no sub and no translation either...

So difficult to find sub video of LSK...

I can't even find any vid or clip of Blue Dragon awards 2017, where LSK was the host with Kim Hye Soo... (There's few clips of Jo In Sung, Jung Woo Sung and some performances, but no LSK :unsure:)

There are very few, and I don't even know if these are official videos.  Still, you can see how much of a gentleman he was to Kim Hye Soo who was overcome with emotions.  I'll post more on his soompi page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought the Caution: Electricity sign was exclusive to the Ep 14 farewell phone call, but I see it on the far right in the Ep 10 confession scene. And it's not just a momentary thingy. (Go rewatch this scene, haha) *gasp*

I think this sign indicates that Dong Hoon's emotions are running dangerously high. Any thoughts?

6cscuU1.png

• Like 11