Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 Daesang 2nd Seoul Awards

I really love this drama....

Can you imagine , what happen to you if you watch this drama then watch laughter in waikiki? or vice versa? you look crazy.. sad/cry than laugh or laugh then sad/cry.... :D:D 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Pardon me to yak some nonsensical observation here; shouldn't the title be changed to:

'Pretty Ahjussi buy me Food.

A alternate Dark version.'.

its seem this season we have parallelism in KDramaland. 

I am also bored like JA and DH, not intending to kiss or be kissed. But am very willing to buy any pretty dongseung food. My sister was very Distracted and side tracked to be saying, Joon young looks like a Jap, if Ahjussi looked like Joon Young, she won't mind buy him food back for a month. Ahem.

(Sorri mods for above nonsense...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, valentvcd said:

I really love this drama....

Can you imagine , what happen to you if you watch this drama then watch laughter in waikiki? or vice versa? you look crazy.. sad/cry than laugh or laugh then sad/cry.... :D:D 

this is happening to me now... :lol:

• Like 3

Ep5 belongs to PDH, and we see first hand, how his inherent integrity keeps him true to himself and extends to his compassionate treatment of others despite the abuse that life has heaped on him, and I ache so unbearably each time I see him kicked down. Through LJA, we hear the broken voice, the laboured breathing as he controls his sobs, our window to the rawness of his emotions that he reveals to no one, all of which cuts me to the core and has me railing on his behalf at the utter injustice that life has dealt him. As such, I gritted my teeth in frustration when, even after knowing so much and hearing the lengths to which he protected his brother and mother, LJA still ran to DJY with the intel regarding the phone call logs, her cynicism and pragmatism refusing to let her see beyond her own prejudices. However, nothing could stop her defenses from being slowly chipped away, as fate continues to throw them in each other's paths. I believe the turning point was his kindness to her grandmother, extending his help without being asked, not questioning the eccentricity of her actions, even returning the shopping cart on her behalf. His words "You're a good person" are simple yet profound, acknowledging her and her love for her grandmother in a form of camaraderie without judgment or pity. In that moment, she is shaken, being recognised as a person, a decent human being rather than just an inconsequential faceless tool, and that, more than anything else, cracks the barriers that she has erected due to her own harsh existence. At last, she begins to involuntarily care for the wellbeing of the man she has been systematically trying to bring down, and her actions after are propelled by this change, furious to the extent of slapping someone on his behalf, giving him the hint about payphones, and rushing after him because I believe she is concerned for him, in what he might discover even as she is furtively helping him uncover the painful truth about his wife and DJY. 

This drama continues to take measured, almost leisurely steps which crushes the soul yet imbues a glimpse of hope in the long, lonely tunnel ahead. It is such an intimate look into the lives of the two main characters and the gradual unfolding of the slowly but surely changing dynamics between them, that oftentimes I find myself holding my breath as we walk quietly with them, seeing them through each other's eyes, living through their pain, and grasping on to the sliver of comfort that they unconsciously derive from each other's presence. Beautifully, poignantly delivered both on a cinematic and narrative level, I catch my breath and find myself immeasurably moved as they touch each other's lives without even realising it.

• Like 19

Spoiler

fBukzdq.jpg

tKyuaHP.jpg

78P1yQr.jpg

xrW727Y.jpg

Uh6tnkp.jpg

AuQj9Ey.jpg

6gSJSsc.jpg

7JhotOs.jpg

jC2QaMK.jpg

"He's a good person, right? He seems a good person"

"It's easy for people who have money to become good people".....

DYwpjjv.jpg

JSJpARb.jpg

xI0dN5d.jpg

"...You're a good person"

jmNazWL.jpg

L3BNuKi.jpg

6Fd77vV.jpg

LfAzaid.jpg

DERv7ua.jpg

w5R6g5O.jpg

iFvHcyE.jpg

Cr. My Mister DC

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I love love love episode 5.

It is so nice to see LJA warm up little by little towards our Ahjashi .

Life is so hard when your working place is a battle field, where you have to survive and overcome every misery to protect your family and fulfill your duties. I can feel his heavy breath to my bones. And LJA , too. She now sees what kind of life he is leading. And I guess she is now can relate more to him and see that life is hard for every good person.

I hope she helps him out unveil his unfaithful wife. She really makes me hate her every episode more and more.

I also hope LJA will expose the CEO to the cheating wife and make her take revenge on him and that both of them, cheaters, go down hill

===========================================

The new character added to the cast , the actress, is damn funny. She is so refereshing . Her interraction with Director-nim is hilarious and the facial expressions of the big bro while hearing them talking crack me up everytime.

I bet she will be willing to be his leading lady for his next project and that both will give it a try.

I will be looking forwards to this..

• Like 19

WOW how is every episode getting better??? Episode 5 was SO GOOD!!! JA is really starting to see the real DH and vice versa :) 

That whole scene with DH carrying her grandma :tears: 

My favourite scene has to be the one where she could hear him breathing heavily...poetic cinema right there!

I kinda don't want anything romantic between them now...I feel like it would ruin the current flow of the show. Just build it up into a friendship that will heal both of them...

Edited by blademan
  • Like 9

Favourite moments from episode 5.This is really masterpiece of a drama.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 15

10 hours ago, not1but3 said:

I think the ratings are pretty good for a paid cable drama. Hope the ratings will continue its upwards trend!!!

Spoiler

No surprise there. Lee Jieun (IU) is giving a tour-de-force performance as the character of Lee Jian by deglamorizing herself and completely shed off her cute image. She looks dangerously sexy and captivating as a bad girl with her tomboyish hoodie. I prefer IU playing this dark broody characters over her previous well publicized roles. The level of commitment she made bringing the character of Jian to life is astounding. As part of a vast k-drama community, I seriously applaud her efforts and courage. She is not afraid adding versatility into her acting resume. I must admit that IU is gaining so much traction with cable channels lately. From the success of her reality show with JTBC last year and now with TVN. She is finding a good niche of critically acclaimed projects while shying away from Korean public broadcast. In fact, I really hope IU continues acting in cable dramas and take on roles that are unconventional. She has the knack and a good level of understanding for it. 

The ratings are good but I will not expect it to be higher because of the hard realistic story line. My Ajusshi is really depressing and also infuriating at times. The good part about their ratings is the show able to consistently hold viewership every week which could translate as having a loyal fan base or a cult following. 

• Like 18

BTW what is the significance of Ji An wearing short socks in the winter? What does it mean? Or am I reading too much into that and she simply doesn’t have money for the new socks?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, timidjock0819 said:

Reveal hidden contents

No surprise there. Lee Jieun (IU) is giving a tour-de-force performance as the character of Lee Jian by deglamorizing herself and completely shed off her cute image. She looks dangerously sexy and captivating as a bad girl with her tomboyish hoodie. I prefer IU playing this dark broody characters over her previous well publicized roles. The level of commitment she made bringing the character of Jian to life is astounding. As part of a vast k-drama community, I seriously applaud her efforts and courage. She is not afraid adding versatility into her acting resume. I must admit that IU is gaining so much traction with cable channels lately. From the success of her reality show with JTBC last year and now with TVN. She is finding a good niche of critically acclaimed projects while shying away from Korean public broadcast. In fact, I really hope IU continues acting in cable dramas and take on roles that are unconventional. She has the knack and a good level of understanding for it. 

The ratings are good but I will not expect it to be higher because of the hard realistic story line. My Ajusshi is really depressing and also infuriating at times. The good part about their ratings is the show able to consistently hold viewership every week which could translate as having a loyal fan base or a cult following. 

I so agree. I've always liked her since her small role in Dream High ahah but I love the type of character she's playing now. I think it's good how she's grown and earned her position over the years to play a larger role as I've seen some newer actress'/actors jump straight in to a main role and struggle. I love it so far! I hope she continues to pick a range of unique, challenging characters!

Can't wait for ep 6 and see what's going to happen between DH and his wife (x_x)

• Like 9

Official Music Video for the OST Part 3:

• Like 5

OMG, OMG episode 5, talk about being real, they were not kidding. All gamut of emotions were expressed including the seemingly silly concern of the brother to wear expensive underwear just in case he gets into an accident and lands in the ER, where all dignity is severed at least a smidgen of self-respect remains in that one expensive underwear. Don't we all, think that?

PDW is a man who carries the world on his shoulders and the weight is beginning to crush him. He is not happy at work but stays for those he is responsible for, and the only person that he can trust and confide in is his friend, the monk, sweeping the fallen leaves of the trees in the temple yard. At his lowest point after the incident at the staff dinner, on a snowy night, he lays down on the frozen road to be run over by traffic. The one thing that jarred him to awareness, to rise and not die was that he was not wearing expensive underwear. Because it was so much an ordinary and humorous thought, it was what shook him to his senses. He is not ready to die. That so moved me, I imagined and felt the weight he carried.

As for JA, her expression of widened eyes, rendered into speechlessness and inaction when DH without hesitation, no strings attached, carried her grandmother up the stairs to the house. It seemed that for the first time someone helped her for the sake of helping. One human being to another. Even her friend who helped her because he owes her yet here is another human being giving her a hand just because she needed help. Through him, she is learning the other side of human nature, there is goodness in everyone even when one is not comfortable that no matter what class one considers oneself belonging to, there is both goodness and badness, one has a choice. She learned through the officemates the humiliation and pettiness he endured at work.  So, does she now feel empathy for this lonely yet kind and gentle man? He said to her "you are a good person"

JDY is one ruthless and selfish double dealer in business and sexual affairs, I can’t say love affairs since the only one this man loves, is himself. Mrs. DH does not even have a clue what she is into. He had PDW demoted, so he can steal his China project, an important project to the Chairman. PDW is now out of the main office but JDY is still not happy. He expected complete destruction of PDW and out of the company, yet he was just demoted and still around making trouble. When JA asked him why he was dating an older married woman, JDY’s answer because married women are freebies, he can get his jollies with no attachment because the woman is attached to someone else. So, he never had any intention of commitment to Mrs DH. JDY told her not to divorce DH because he felt uncomfortable working with the divorced husband of the woman he was having an affair with. So now she is encouraging DH to quit his job so she can divorce him and have an open full blown affair or even marry JDY who never uttered the word marriage to her. He will dump her like a burning coal once she divorces or even go through divorce proceedings with DH. Will she go fatal attraction on JDY? She starts nagging every time the “secret phone” rings asking if JDY was seeing another woman. Hah! Wait till she gets to see the real JDY. He does not care about you girl…. You gave it free…bang, bang.  thank you ma’am. uuuugggghhhh

In the meantime office politics is heating up, Executive Director Wang has yet to respond to JDY's attack and DH, my dearest kind man is finding out about his wife's betrayal. hurry up episode 6 

• Like 10