Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 Daesang 2nd Seoul Awards

Did anyone post the ratings after episode 15?  Here they are.  Hope episode 16 broke all records.

Episode # Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen Ratings[17] TNmS Ratings[18]
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 21, 2018 3.923% 4.467% 4.6%
2 March 22, 2018 4.133% 4.786% 4.1%
3 March 28, 2018 3.373% 4.102% 3.9%
4 March 29, 2018 3.611% 3.851% 4.3%
5 April 4, 2018 3.936% 4.838% 3.7%
6 April 5, 2018 4.038% 4.468% 4.6%
7 April 11, 2018 4.487% 5.234% 4.7%
8 April 12, 2018 5.313% 5.671% 4.6%
9 April 18, 2018 4.803% 5.413% 3.8%
10 April 19, 2018 5.824% 6.472% 5.6%
11 April 25, 2018 4.965% 5.926% 4.6%
12 April 26, 2018 6.035% 6.572% 5.5%
13 May 9, 2018 5.635% 6.227% 5.3%
14 May 10, 2018 6.468% 7.374% 5.5%
15 May 16, 2018 5.819% 6.221% 5.7%
16 May 17, 2018      
Average % % %
Special
(Commentary)
May 3, 2018 3.187% 4.008% 3.0%
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I wonder if the better ending could have been her asking him right there to go get coffee then you see them having coffee together

It could have been a better ending with them walking side by side and having a beer together. But the ending is just  as good. There is a certain openness about  DH's overt happiness  while staring at their hands together, you can tell he is now ready to accept Jian's love and that he is also a healed soul just like her. So cute..:wub: My heart was really beating so hard the way Lee Jieun's longing eyes looked at LSG through the coffee shop window. It is imbedded in my mind now. Thank you LJE, you are so hauntingly beautiful for giving life to the character of Jian. 

Edit: I think realistically Jian has to go with her co-workers because it is working hours and she could get in trouble if she hangs out with DH. Just saying it makes sense she has to walk the other way. :lol:

• Like 21
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

I think he was into her but lets agree to disagree , people have their own opinions i feel like he showed hints of him self caring about her more then he should. 

Yeah I think it's too late not to notice how dong hoon has cared for ji an all these times. I haven't watched ep 16 yet, but judging from the recap and from ep 15 as well, it's pretty clear imo that Dong Hoon always felt that connection to ji an to a great extent. Or you don't tell your friend how a pitiful girl called you the most pitiful man in the whole universe. She wouldn't occupy your mind this much. You don't do this much for someone for whom you don't have any feeling. 

Also, just for the sake of peace and harmony here lol, I feel it would be great really if we can just share our opinion and not disregard how each and every viewer is viewing this relationship. For some it's hearts and bokeh all the way, for some it's delulu shipping, for some they expect much more, for some they are nothing more than friends. So we wouldn't feel this much if we were not shown so much content. The electricity and stop signs didn't just come out of nowhere. Also I gather from the recap that dong hoon cried. I am curious why and what made him cry. Maybe I would understand this better after watching the episode but ji an shook his inner vulnerable self and it's quite apparent. I would have loved to see more of their one to one conversations, which wasn't there much after ep 14 sadly, and they were always surrounded by so many people for both ep 15 and 16, so I would always have this minor grumble but I will be hopeful about that another date. Here's to hoping that they will continue to stay in each other's life and inspire each other. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, justamom said:

Oh I forgot to comment on this. It's so subtle.

KH's talking to YR in that final scene. He's not going back to the movies. He's not good enough for her. She's a TOP STAR now and he's a cleaner. So like he predicted, she dumped him.

When in reality, he felt more and more below her status as a cleaner. He couldn't take it. His manly pride couldn't take it.

But that moment when he watches her movie. And he writes again -- that's when he finds his dignity again. Now that he's found his dignity again, he and Yura will find their way back to each other. I'm uber positive.

He actually dumped her. That is what Sang-Hoon said. He said something like, "What a big shot you are, dumping a top star." Obviously he knew that it was embarrassing for Yu-Ra that she was dating a cleaner. She made that clear when she told people at the funeral that he was only a cleaner temporarily.

Looks like that movie she shot turned out well. They deliberately showed scenes of her cussing very well and the audience loved it. She learned that from Ki-Hoon, the master of cussing.

I do agree that they will find each other again, but Ki-Hoon will somehow make his way back into the movie business first.

Quick thoughts because I have to go, crawl out of this cave and resume my life now :D :

It was a beautiful show. It sure was a healing drama. I feel healed.

So there was a funeral. I was really hoping there wouldn't be, but the scene of Ji-An saying goodbye to her grandma was ... OMG, all the tears. And it sure was a beautiful funeral.

All of Sang-Hoon's funeral fantasies fulfilled! That money stashed in the floor turned out to be good for something. And those black suits they bought were put to good use after all.

I was not expecting it, but it was surprisingly satisfying to see PDH as his own boss. He certainly looked more confident and much happier, he was strutting like a gangster in a Hong Kong movie. It was awesome to see his team working with him, too.

So this was a good time jump. They both had a chance to recover and find their best selves before they met again. It's no longer between a sad ahjussi and a desperate urchin, but confident and happy people with room in their hearts.

I loved the directing choice of showing only the back of Ji-An's head as she enjoyed her new life, hanging out with her office mates and even teaching a sign language class. We only see her when she meets Dong-Hoon again.

I also loved that detail that she knew he was there by his voice. She heard him while inside, when he was sitting outdoors. That voice...

I guess everyone will debate until forever whether they get together or not. You know what I think. I admit that it was a little frustrating that they didn't make it clear, but ...

Anyway, this was great. Every minute was just wonderful. This show will stay in my heart for a long time.

• Like 18

Guys, 

As a shipper, I couldn't have asked for a better ending. Hug, check. Both happy & healed (therefore ready for a new relationship), check. Meals (or rather JA basically asking him out on a date!), more to come :heart: Him dropping the Lee, and just calling her Ji-an... :heart: :heart:

Beautifully done. 

What a difference it was to the previous episode. I watched #16 without subs. Didn't really need them; the visuals did all the storytelling. I cried almost non-stop from around the 30-min mark, and laughed so hard at the sunnies scene. ZOMG, the way he stared at her... 

1_zpsl28fakfk.jpg

2_zps0fskvcqd.jpg

3_zpsjflkeb1k.jpg

• Like 18
  • LOL 4

Coming from his mom’s home after little bro asks if Ji An has called him after all this time.  He was visibly upset.   He shops then goes to his apartment and tries to eat but can’t.  He can’t hold it in any longer...he misses her so much that it hurts.  He allows himself a good deep cry.  (His divorce was a while ago because the photos show his ex-wife with their son in the U.S.)

Lee Ji An hears his voice in the restaurant .....that voice.....draws her in....

His huge grin when he turns around and sees Ji An.....He has never smiled so widely before.  He is thrilled that Ji An said she would buy him food.  They part with a very long hand shake...they look back at each other separately.  There is a look of longing on each person’s face.  Then happiness radiates from both of them that this is the beginning.  This man is primed up and ready to go...Lee Ji An...gets her man.  Dong Hoon gets his soul mate.  The Beginning...

• Like 22
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

You know what I think. I admit that it was a little frustrating that they didn't make it clear, but ...

It 'was' frustrating. You called it. :) All those slow build-ups episodes after episodes and we should have at least got one glimpse of that date :'(. 

One of my friends stated it correctly I think. The writer avoided showing a happily ever after to save the show the bashing from the conservative Korean society.  I feel like she's right.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, justamom said:

Hello guys. This ending was DRIPPING with his love for her. It was in every glance and every word. To me, he is with her, has been with her since he told her to buy another pair of slippers and by the time she leaves for Pusan he knows it. He knows it. And he breaks down because he really, really misses her. And I’m not delusional!

just jotting down points here, will have more tomorrow

1) Bong Ae’s funeral. @chickfactor probably has more to say about this but that scene with Dong Hoon at the head of the procession!!!!!!!!

hello guys!!!!! You know whose role that is??? The head of the family!!! The man of the family!!! Ie, the grand daughter’s husband!!!!!!

More: he can’t take his eyes off her the whole damned time. In the bus he’s literally staring at her so hard Ki Hoon offers him sunglasses. When his wife comes and leaves first. He says he’s staying with Ji An. “oh you should. She doesn’t have anyone.” But we ALL know the big damned reason. He’s the man of Ji An’s family!!! He’s the one standing there and bowing and receiving guests!!!

This is like the Joseon dynasty. The first wife comes to the concubine’s grandma's funeral. And the emperor stays with the concubine, because she has no one else. Get it??!!

Sitting on the steps while the ahjussis play soccer. The prince finally sits down next to his bereaved concubine. 

“Why are you so good to me?” she asks.

”You silly...”. He looks away because he’s embarrassed. And he isn’t yet able to articulate why, he just knows he needs to be there.

Bong Ae’s final conversation about fate. It’s fate she says — her relationship with Dong Hoon is fated.

2) Gwang Il is us. All of us jaded folks. It’s super meta — Gwang Il’s transformation is our healing. From only being able to understand one kind of possibility, our eyes have been opened to all the other kinds of possibilities out there.  By listening to Ji An and Dong Hoon, just like we have watched them over 16 episodes, he is a changed man. He did not realize such kindness, and such love could be possible. Gwang Il has redeemed himself — will you too?

3) The first parting. Remember. If Dong Hoon says he’s hungry, he’s starving. If the man cries, it’s time to evacuate!!! What does he say to Ji An when she says she’s leaving? “Why do you have to go so far???” Hello everyone that’s as good as saying he doesn’t want her to leave! Girl he's begging you not to go!!! But that is as far as he can go at the moment. He hasn’t reached breaking point yet.

Realistically. Since this show is all about realism. It’s not just that he’s still married. He’s in his forties, already lived half his life. She hasn’t seen anything in this world except human greed and evil. How is it fair to her to ask her to stay for him, when she hasn’t seen anything beyond her pitiful life? Her life is only just beginning.

Ji An says Dong Hoon’s most heart warming words were: Want me to buy anything? When he says that on the way home, that is the moment Yeon Hee realizes—this was his way of loving her, she just never saw it.

4) Their marriage is as good as over. This is showed to us. There’s no need to explicitly say this. The whole world knows she cheated on Dong Hoon with a crook who is probably now in jail. But you know, being the first wife and all, and the mother of the crown prince, she will always be part of the family. 

Ji An asking Yeon Hee. Why did you have an affair? When you had a man (as good as) Ahjussi? 

Her answer. “I had a thousand, a hundred reasons. But no one real reason.”

Lets just let that sit for a while. It’s so achingly obvious. There is no way she could ever go back to Dong Hoon! She would feel way, way too ashamed! Every one in his company knows now -- that scene where he's drinking with his team and none of them dares say a word except, hehe, "I love Lee Ji An." Which earns them what imho is a damned possessive smile on Dong Hoon! But also regret and longing--because she is no longer there.

Dong Hoon still has photos of his son and mom. Why? It’s the crown prince and his mom. She’ll always be the crown prince’s mom! But she is no longer there: instead all he has is reheated food from his mom, and he eats alone. What a pathetic existence. 

That moment when he broke: surely he was thinking of his promise to Lee Ji An. I promised her I will be happy. And look at me. What am I now if not pathetic? Like all the Soompiers in this forum? Has anything changed? NO! So change it must!

5) Finding Ji An. Our dear engineer knows that he needs to let his love go out and see the world. It would only be fair to her. How could he make her stay in Hugye for the rest of her life? But he’s waiting for her to call, to come back into his life. When Ki Hoon asks about her he gets pissed off because she hasn’t called! But guess what? He’s been keeping tabs on her! He knows she is living life happily and perhaps he has been thinking...oh I guess she doesn’t want me anymore now that she has seen the world. So passive, quiet Dong Hoon can’t say more when he sees her again, even though it’s bursting out of him with that radiant smile. 

And guess what....this time, she makes the move: “I’ll buy you something nice this time”. And... “I’ll call you.”

He wants so much to touch her, so much to hug her, but the best we can get from our passive, quiet engineer— “can we shake hands?”

and they do. And he won’t ever let go of her again.

The End.

I loved this show so much. I cried then I laughed, then I cried and laughed again. The funeral, the entire act was genius. GENIUS. It told us so much more about their relationship than some makjang confession scene between the two of them. There is no doubt. He loves her WITH ALL HIS LIFE.

P.S. @V @chickfactor did they cut out that line about "she never even hugged me, but?? I don't remember hearing it at all?!

P.P.S. Gosh my points became a long-assed essay....and I typed it all on my phone!! My fingers hurt. Off to bed!! (if I can still sleep tonight, haha!)

P.P.P.S. (edit) One more thing. That way she looked at him from behind while he was driving. "Ahjussi, I like everything about you. Your side profile. Your front profile. Your back profile while you're driving." OMG that tension! Like he needed something to hold and she felt it!

Lol the crown prince and concubine parallel had me cracking !

......Uhm about this episode, i’ll just say no comment, for now

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, babycrayon said:

I don't feel any romantic love vides from DH. Nobody's comment made me change this impression.
For me, they are just reflections of each other, she is in love with him but he adores her as someone who is so similar to him, her brutal honesty, innocence and loneliness is unconditionally attractive. The difference between them is that she expresses herself and he doesn't, she has no solid support in her live and he happens to have it. They love each other, but their love is not romantic. (Well, it may be romantic for JA).

After watching the second half of ep 16 I finally felt that. That he might be in love with her. I'm admitting. But only now he looks different for me, his look at her became different and seemed longing, sad, loving and then happy when he met her again...

The only reason I can't rate this drama above 9 out of 10 is 1) Director Yoon Sang Tae character whose negative role seemed exaggerated, too annoying, he was too much not realistic for this extremely realistic drama script, and 2) loan-shark guy who cruelly beat JiAn but turned to be her childhood friend and then magically changed his attitude and helped her, it was not convincing how he took the oppsite side and started to become a good guy, for me it feels uncomfortable.

I love this drama anyway.

Edited by babycrayon
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4

@justamom I feel the same. It was dripping with his love! The funeral scene reminded me of the movie Man in Love. 

-- Say what you want, I honestly don't feel this is an open ending. To me, it's as clear as day: they will be together.

-- That last scene, he can't wipe the grin off his face... he's flirting. Him asking if she's at a comfortable point, it's him asking permission to re-enter her life. *Edit: her second yes = now come and get me.

-- Someone mentioned that they will now love away from prying eyes, I believe that too. The first part if their relationship was for all to see and in some cases, mock. The second part, is for them and them only. 

-- Just side note: I asked my sister to watch episode 15, and lemme know  if she sees anything other than romance. She was like, erm, it's so loud and clear he likes her. I asked if she saw father-daughter relationship, here's her reply: that would make this feel incestuous. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

I was invested in this show even before it started airing and the show didn’t disappoint me at all. Even though my heart wanted more romantic scenes I still loved it from the start till the last minute. It wasn’t a romantic drama, no. And yet, the way they portrayed JA and DH’s connection felt more heartwarming and soul-stirring than other straight up  romances. Their farewell hug nearly killed me. I’m still bawling my eyes out just thinking about it.

D049309_C-6183-4_F39-_A698-5704920026_B8

93170_C73-_BD71-4_B7_A-9_F7_F-0_AF8028_A

BCE908_C9-_EDB9-49_DF-9160-_A9_AC99_E2_E

All I can see is a lifetime of sadness and yearning in both of their eyes.

Admittedly, deep inside I was hoping till the last minute for DH to show it more clearly how he felt but the writer and director stayed true till the end - they ended it as subtly and ambiguously as they started it. I don’t like open endings but in this case, there wasn’t much of other choices. This way everyone can be content and can think of their future as they please.

Some will interpret their meeting as a sad one. They healed each other and though their souls long for each other, they understand that in this lifetime they can’t be together... thus they will support and cherish each other from afar...

Others will interpret it as a new fresh start for both of them. It was wise of DH not to act on his feelings before, but now that they’re both healed and spent some time apart, they can rekindle their relationship and see where it takes them. I cried my eyes out during their reunion scene (again) and my heart ached so much... so my heart told me intuitively that this was a bittersweet ending for me.

Either way Lee Ji An and Park Dong Hoon will forever have a very special place in my heart. I’ve just watched the last episode raw and I already feel sad and recognising withdrawal symptoms... 

Kudos to the whole My Ahjussi cast and crew, may the jury recognise this gem next year during the awards season! 

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ccl82 said:

Guys, 

As a shipper, I couldn't have asked for a better ending. Hug, check. Both happy & healed (therefore ready for a new relationship), check. Meals (or rather JA basically asking him out on a date!), more to come :heart: Him dropping the Lee, and just calling her Ji-an... :heart: :heart:

Beautifully done. 

What a difference it was to the previous episode. I watched #16 without subs. Didn't really need them; the visuals did all the storytelling. I cried almost non-stop from around the 30-min mark, and laughed so hard at the sunnies scene. ZOMG, the way he stared at her... 

Yes this episode is way better than the previous one. Although looking back,  episode 15 served its purpose for having Jian be a part of the community because at least those same people attended her grandma's wake. The funeral hall was filled with people so she does not feel alone anymore. The ending was just right, although I would have wish for more scenes of them together but I am glad the production decided to do it this way. The goodbye hug was painful:cold_sweat: for the both of them but hey that was something memorable for me. 

Episodes 1-14: pure cinematic perfection.. omg talking about build up, tension, violence, and palpable chemistry 

Episode 15 -  production dropped the ball.. but wasn't that bad, it is more obvious now that it was a filler episode

Episode 16: the satisfying ending with a little pinch because I wish more scenes of that date

Overall, MA is almost a perfect 10  in my opinion and that says a lot with so many trashy k-dramas out there. 

1 hour ago, desertflower said:

Coming from his mom’s home after little bro asks if Ji An has called him after all this time.  He was visibly upset.   He shops then goes to his apartment and tries to eat but can’t.  He can’t hold it in any longer...he misses her so much that it hurts.  He allows himself a good deep cry.  (His divorce was a while ago because the photos show his ex-wife with their son in the U.S.)

Lee Ji An hears his voice in the restaurant .....that voice.....draws her in....

His huge grin when he turns around and sees Ji An.....He has never smiled so widely before.  He is thrilled that Ji An said she would buy him food.  They part with a very long hand shake...they look back at each other separately.  There is a look of longing on each person’s face.  Then happiness radiates from both of them that this is the beginning.  This man is primed up and ready to go...Lee Ji An...gets her man.  Dong Hoon gets his soul mate.  The Beginning...

About the divorce, I also believed it was a while back because there was a photo of YH with a slightly grown up Jiseok in the US. It was obvious because none of those photos included DH or the three of them together. 

How romantic right? that velvety voice draws Jian back to the first man she ever loved. DH is beaming happy now when Jian asked him for a date. A sign of a brand new beginning. DH is now ready to take full responsibility for her without reservations for whatever comes next between them. I am glad that the writer didn't water down Jian's feelings as  a mere crush or something. The sad longing gaze of Jian gave away her true feelings right off the bat as a woman still hopelessly in love staring at DH through that glass window. A realistic ending but beautiful nonetheless.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

It speaks volumes that a fellow actor got moved to tears by this show.  Jo Jin Woong has starred in Director KWS's previous drama and is a close friend of Lee Sun Kyun's.  He, more than anyone else, should know that it's all fake.  Yet here he was, completely carried away by the story just like the rest of us.  Good job, Show!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, ccl82 said:

@justamom I feel the same. It was dripping with his love! The funeral scene reminded me of the movie Man in Love. 

-- Say what you want, I honestly don't feel this is an open ending. To me, it's as clear as day: they will be together.

-- That last scene, he can't wipe the grin off his face... he's flirting. Him asking if she's at a comfortable point, it's him asking permission to re-enter her life. 

-- Someone mentioned that they will now love away from prying eyes, I believe that too. The first part if their relationship was for all to see and in some cases, mock. The second part, is for them and them only. 

-- Just side note: I asked my sister to watch episode 15, and lemme know  if she sees anything other than romance. She was like, erm, it's so loud and clear he likes her. I asked if she saw father-daughter relationship, here's her reply: that would make this feel incestuous. 

I agree. The ending is not ambiguous for me either. It is clear as day especially DH left the company and start his own business. I can speculate that he did it to be more personally fulfilled  just in case Jian will come waltzing back into his life. DH promised Jian to live a more happier life so he is doing just that by exuding things his own way... 

The question: Jian are you at a comfortable point? Its' more like asking "is this a good time now?" I agree with you that is DH's way of asking Jian's readiness for a brand new start with him. Then the first yes that came out is her low monotone voice, then the second yes was louder and filled with confidence signaling she is also ready for their brand new beginning.

Edit: The production could have ended it with them just parting ways into the street because their longing gaze and happiness are already enough to warrant a new start. But nope, the writer even made it extra clear by adding the "comfortable point" dialogue. Jian was the one that left him because of so many things going on and after her grandmas death.. It is so fitting for DH now to ask that question if it's ok for him to re-enter her life.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Hello My Ahjussi discussion friends! :D

I still haven’t watched episode 15... shame on me! Instead... I watched episode 16 as soon as I woke up today! Planning to watch episode 15 tonight but anyway~

I am sooo relieved. I was terrified that the last episode would have DH and his wife trying but failing to make things work lol. I’m so glad that YH is out of the picture... in a way, pun intended? 

I’m really quite satisfied with the ending. There have been so many frustrating dramas the past few... years?! My Ahjussi has been such a breath of fresh air! Finally a solid ending! But heck, when JA told DH she was going to Busan, I was screeching and clutching my face. I’m so happy they reunited at that cafe... ❤️  But is it just me or did the two look... sad? Sure, they smiled, but their eyes seemed to say something else. There was a huge grin on DH’s face, but he just looked so... sad! to me. I’m trying to figure out why they could have looked so sad. Did the reunion bring up the painful yet precious memories of the past? Were they sort of reminiscing? Were they longing for each other? Touched because they met again by coincidence? 

Thank you all for writing out your thoughts on the final episode. :) I love all your interpretations.

Edited by hunkybellpepper
  • Like 8

Watched it raw. One of the greatest dramas ever!!! I'll miss each and every character. It was great and refreshing to see DH get to a happy place. And for Ji-An to evolve. What a stark difference from episode 1. I was so happy to see them happy and reborn. The way in which DH and Ji-An showed growth throughout was remarkable. He literally is a new person by the end. And she has found her footing. They are unrecognizable from their past life!

Korean dramas usually have open endings and this was no different. I was expecting the cafe' scene to end like this and it was perfect (shippers will see it the way they want to, and non-shippers the way they want to), but still it made me happy and depressed all at the same time - uncertain and hopeful - just like every other scene in the drama, which reeked of realistic melancholy and euphoria. It looked like a beginning and a goodbye at the same time!

I think the extra twisting of knife (he looking back at her, and she doesn't know he did; then she did, and he doesn't know) was a bit of an overkill (would it have killed the director to just make their timing right for once? A year later, she is back in Seoul and doesn't call. He has kept track of her progress via the chairman. She hears his voice but doesn't approach. He smiles brightly when he sees her. He clearly wants more while she is non-insistent. He does the handshake and says thanks. She says she'll call. He probably thinks she's moved on from her crush phase, he is sad to see her go but okay with it! Moving on in life happily. Now Ji-An is the mystery because previously she had the forward personality and now she's all coy / shy - burnt too many times and probably still thinks he was never interested! Well, he can always wait for the phone call and a dinner! IF that happens. Still up in the air after 16 episodes! I understand that it was to show that she now has a life, a separate and independent fulfilling life, and is not a hanger-on. And he is free. But I don't understand why they couldn't spell it out and be together in 'this' lifetime. You cannot live your life thinking there will be another! I did not understand the voiceover: DH says 'are you comfortable' and she replies 'yes'. What does that mean or was it reference to some other previous scene / dialogue? Because technically shouldn't this question be asked to DH instead of Ji-An? It always seemed like he brushed her feelings off and was the uncomfortable one.  It looked like, if DH is thinking that, then he's satisfied with how her life is and that he was able to help her get there and that's that, he doesn't want anything more, he's satisfied that she's at a happy place. The handshake seems like a goodbye too. But then again, DH would not have reached out his hand to Ji-An, if he was still married and he didn't want more, he definitely would never have looked back at her either, and that crying scene in the apartment was his way of letting out the past, all that had happened - but even the divorce is left hanging in the air - and that's okay, I guess? Whatever).

But still, the last scene was a perfect end. It goes with the theme, that love or hooking up with a guy or girl or waiting for a knight in shining armor is not the solution to problems - one has to face the world bravely, happily, and renew one's self alone, and you can't get anywhere in life or be with people, when you're all broken. They were meant to meet and shine and renew each other. Each was a catalyst for the other for next phases in their lives and if now it leads to something more, at least it will not seem like they are taking advantage of each other. 

Happy to see them living their best lives apart. Though they could've made beautiful music together too.

(Can the director / writer do another press conference and explain it all?)

(P.S. I need a vacation! This was one exhausting, emotional, pleasing, uplifting roller coaster!  Awesome in every department. Absolutely Great Drama). 

• Like 15

Hi guys.

Oops I woke up. It's like I was seeing Lee Seon Gyeon in my dreams. I'm feeling it in my bones, this story.

I'm just remembering something a great writer once told me. Can there ever be an open ending?

Yes, if the story hasn't been built properly she said. If your point of no return is clear, THERE IS NO TURNING BACK. There can only be one ending.

For me, the point of no return came yesterday, in episode 15. When he met her in CD's little hut and told her, I'm feeling what you're feeling too. When you hurt, I hurt too. And if you're hurting because of me, I can't carry on.

From that point on, story wise there can only be only one ending. He can only be happy with her. He will do whatever it takes to be with her, so THEY CAN BOTH BE HAPPY.

Every single scene from that point on, is building towards him ending up with her.

I'm not just happy guys. I'm euphoric. The feeling of deep satisfaction at a story perfectly brought to its natural conclusion.

They could have ended the story at many points, and the ending would have been the same. When he finally goes after her, in terms of storytelling, is not important. Because it's going to happen. They could have ended it at

- The funeral

- The hug

- His breakdown (best drama scene ever)

- Heck, even Ki Hoon recovering his dignity

Because we have already crossed the point of no return, there is NO RETURN. Every single one of those scenes today was building to its inevitable conclusion. That's why like @timidjock0819 and @ccl82 say, it is not ambiguous at all. It is CLEAR AS DAY that they will end up together.

This is truly one of the greatest Korean dramas ever. Without doubt, a masterpiece. @africandramalover It's just pipped SLA for me, with that ending. Truly the best drama I have ever watched. The greatest love story of all. I will remember you forever, My Ahjussi.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Ratings Episode 16: 

Nationwide: 7.352%

Seoul: 8.170%

Highest ratings for the drama. Happy to see that ratings exceeded 7 nationwide and 8 in Seoul :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, noor1 said:

I did not understand the voiceover: DH says 'are you comfortable' and she replies 'yes'. What does that mean or was it reference to some other previous scene / dialogue? 

I believe he's referring to JA's name, which means "reaching comfort". So he's asking if she finally lives up to the meaning of her name. I still vividly remember the scene on episode 10 where he asks her to do exactly that. Look how far our girl has come.. I'm crying again..

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to those of you in Asia!

I woke up with a big, fat silly smile on my face.

Going to be walking around all day with a big, silly smile. 

That’s how a truly great drama makes you feel :blush:

• Like 17