Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Like @larus @africandramalover I paid great attention to that scene. More than the kiss itself, I loved the slight hesitation at the beginning of the kiss...obviously it's been awhile and I liked how they were both taking a moment to check the other person's emotions...

I hope there'll be another kiss by the end of the drama... your gifs are so on point! They're making me go back and replay the scene again *1000.

5 hours ago, larus said:

I love that we have those moments. Solving a mystery is fun but it should not overtake all. I knew our estranged spouses will get close and I anticipating other moments. :D

I'm with you there!! I'm absolutely dying for the next kiss, now that I cannot figure out who the killer is.

How did Kevin get the black box memory card? GHR had her eyes open while kissing and seemed to be looking at the dashcam. Like she was planning the kiss so that she could get back at Kevin. I was shocked to see it fall out of his clothing! I actually thought that Ji Won would be the one who has it! Oops!

There also seemed to be two cameras. One on the rear view mirror, and another on the dashboard.

Who is the killer? Will this be another Woman Of Dignity,  where the killer was someone with clear motive, but the most unlikely suspect? I think I'll keep watching and refrain from speculating. There is a window of time between 2am and 5am, and when we are fed with that info from the writer's hospital drip, we may figure out who dun it. For the moment, we're just like the detective, clueless and running around like headless chicken.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

am wondering when KL went about taking that chip from HR's car. They were in her car kissing et al and later left. He couldn't have taken it when he got out off her car. Maybe someone else could have taken it and slipped it into his coat pocket. When KL came back home after the meeting with HR he was wearing that coat but left again wearing a jacket. :unsure:

This goes to the timeline! It looks like we need to add the jacket as one of the list of items to follow. 

12 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I always check the body language of the actors when in intimate scenes. You can tell if someone doesn't want a hug or is uncomfortable, or the actors do not have chemistry in intimate scenes because the torsos may be touching but the body below the waist isn't touching.... It's a subconscious move to separate yourself from the action, betraying the kiss. However hot the kiss looks, I get put off if I notice this problem.

It annoys me so much when a kiss looks like a stage kiss that two elementary kids are forced to do in some reenactment of Snow White. I mean drama kisses don't have to be all hot and heavy all the time, I don't want that, but they should at least be believable. Some hot and heavy kisses look fake as well, just as @africandramalover mentioned.

Coffee Prince comes to mind with great believable kisses. Even that aggressive kiss in the kitchen was believable (and hard to watch!). And of course their first kiss in the coffee shop and then that kiss in the condo were top notch.

If I am remembering right, I think that Oh My Venus had some great kiss scenes. They were more on the innocent side and so believable.

I love how their entire bodies were touching!! When you see two people that comfortable, the kiss scene is about to be FIRE!!! Especially when the man's leg is kinda between the woman's thighs!!:wub: OMG! Ovaries, be still!!

Lols for days!

I love how the world is closing in on GHR. Han Ji Won is back and the News PD cannot hide his delight! I think he's been friend zoned and so has to give her a position on News 9 if he can entertain hopes of "tapping that."

Or he gets to "tap that" so long as she has a job! He was probably happier that she came back than she was.

The ratings should be enough justification for more adult dramas. Secret Love Affair also had good ratings, as with Woman of Dignity (highest ever for a JTBC program). There is a market there that is under-served. I hope to see more of these "big people problems" dramas in the future.

Yes, yes, and yes! Bring on these kinds of dramas. JTBC is quickly turning into my go to broadcast when I am indecisive on what to watch next. All of their programing is hitting it out of the park for me.

Did you catch how Tae Wook nods to GHR (around 31:27 min), kind of telling her "it's okay"? It gives her the courage to reach out and hug him! :blush: . Im dying!!

I did not and I am off to watch it right now!

11 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

but during the episode, we saw.. that entire thing was careful planning from her side.. based on advice she got..she totally planned to use her husband to pull strings for her.. make him go against his principles and do it for her.. 

OMG. If that is true then I have to quote the reporter "friend" ..."Hae-ran is such a B, and that's why I love her." That quote just jumped right into my head after i read your post @enigmatic_zephy B)

I completely thought HR was being authentic during that scene with TW, but if we look at all the episodes as a whole, it takes me back to the episode where HR had that on-air stand off with her boss and JW and then the other stand off with her mother-in-law. She constantly said during that episode that she always wins her confrontations or something like that? Maybe the TW scene was another confrontation that she initiated because she knew she would win????????? Say it ain't soooooo! Ahhhh, this show is killing me and giving me life.

• Like 14

As of now we know that HR can be dishonest, and even ruthless in promoting her career, but that she has certain ethical standards.  

Why has she not told her husband about her relationship with KL in the past.  - Well she did tell TW she had relationships in the past but not who they were.  Before now, it would have burdened their relationship to tell him about KL  because she was forced to work with Kevin to promote and protect here career goals.  

Also - Hr has a very strong - fix it myself - attitude in life.  She tells TW that she will take care of the problems with Kevin's asst herself,  she tells TW that he doesn't need to use his family's connections to protect her (since it is against his own principals).  She is defiant and faces down the press on her own.  

Why has Hr not told EJ about her relationship with KL in the past and what he did to protect her career goals - the kissing in the car?   Perhaps she just wants to protect EJ from what she sees as unnecessary pain.  If she tells EJ she was KL's great love in the past before she met him - what help would that be?   Why would she need to know how she compromised KL's relationship with EJ by leading him on in the car? 

At first I thought that EJ's payback may mean that she will show the black box recording to TW, or even try to seduce him. Now I am thinking she may try to kill Tw.   EJ may actually believe at this point that Hr killed her husband.  It would be  ironic if Hr is also pregnant.  Two pregnant women who are widowed.  Ej's payback?  I hope that isn't true because I love TW's character - but that is my fear at this point.

Why hasn't TW told Hr that he saw her in the car with KL ( we don't know how much he could see into the car because it was raining - misty)?  Why hasn't he demanded the truth about their relationship from her?   This is very frustrating because he cannot defend her unless he knows it all.    And how could their relationship not break up again if he finds these things out without her explanation. But to say he followed them - would be embarrassing himself - and he would be concerned that it would infuriate Hr  - that he would stoop to that behavior and mistrust her.  ( but in reality since they have zero communication - really, what difference would it make at that point?)

This is an interesting drama because there is so much info that the characters are with holding from one another. 

We still don't know what the exact relationship was of the prisoner/murderer - with Hr.  Did he cover her crime?  Did he kill for her? Seems like one or the other.   Seems like a great injustice was going on.   He wanted her to  go on and do great things,. He didn't want her to let his past secret with her compromise her dream.   So why now has he entered her husband's law firm?  Why now did he decide to leave his prison cell?   What triggered him to make his move and what is his objectives?

Was KL murdered?  To me, this is still not clear.  Also - the detective really has it in for Hr?  Is it personal?  Does the detective also have some grudge against her?   After all just what does he know about her and KL that convinces him she murdered him? Yes she had a car accident - but now it seems clear that it happened before Kevin was killed.  He doesn't have much info on  where anyone was that night - all speculations, based on what?  a pin?  Shouldn't he be checking Kevin's phone records?  Who else was he calling that night etc. before jumping to the conclusion Hr and Ej were in cahoots because of their appearance of friendship at the funeral (and Ej and Kl having no rings on).  

Right now = most worried about EJ's revenge plan. Hoping she doesn't hurt TW. 

• Like 12

@maddymappo About the mysterious prisoner: MHW heard from the inmates about the rumours: GHR being involved in a murder. To me, it looks like he wants to protect her again. This would also explain why he passed the law exam. Back then, GHR had no money and no mean to defend/protect herself. Look how circumstantial evidences can be used against a suspect: it depends on his connection, wealth, money aso. (See the conversation between TW and GHR's boss).    

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Don't get the detective at all.  Shouldn't he be more concerned about Kevin's blackbox than Hr's?   I do not like this guy. His motives are "misty", is he so enamored with his "instincts" he would bend facts and twist them to massage his ego and prove his own theory?   

• Like 11

Er no one finds it weird that there're 2 men dressed head to toe in Black walking around acting suspiciously?! I find that hard to believe but hey it's a K-drama. 

OooO Don't underestimate Eunjoo...she's now out to get even with Hyeran. Some "friend" she is indeed<_< I'm not sure why the detective seem certain that Hyeran is the culprit. And what was in the memory card that Eunjoo saw that shocked her? Why is that idiot Team Manager or whatever so eager to get Jiwon to replace Hyeran? Has she been giving him extra "favors" too?:tongue:

In ep. 07 preview it looks like Eunjoo is spilling the beans on Hyeran's past. I hope they shed more light into that other mystery man in black LoL. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Does the detective also have some grudge against her?   After all just what does he know about her and KL that convinces him she murdered him? Yes she had a car accident - but now it seems clear that it happened before Kevin was killed.  He doesn't have much info on  where anyone was that night - all speculations, based on what

At this point, I think all the detective has are clues pointing to a possible murder that is why he is investigating. He is a cop, that is his job. I think he knew he made a mistake the first time he brought HR in for questioning. The detective has yet to say who the murderer is. He never said it was HR or anyone else. According to the clues he discovered, at the accident scene and according to the autopsy, there is a possibility of murder. So as a detective, if he found clues for a possible wrong-doing should he just let it go? It is more like the media who keep spreading the rumor that HR is a murder suspect. Now the detective will be restricted from doing his job. I hope he keeps looking for clues to the real murderer. 

• Like 11

I guess the prosecutor who felt so jilted and angry about not being invited into the Gold Door Club will now go after GHR with a vengeance--no matter what the ruling elite wants.  It's unfortunate that he overheard TW in the corridor asking for prosecution of GHR to be dropped no matter what. Lesson for TW: Don't ask for an unethical favor in a public corridor. It looks as though the unethical request he made for his wife--completely out of character--might blow up in his face and make things worse.

• Like 11

As curious as I am about who killed KL, I am finding myself more and more focused on whether I will ever see the heart of HR, stripped of her constant need to maintain her defenses. Total props to the writer and Kim Nam Joo for pulling me in and making me care about a character this much. Every time she interacts with someone, I feel she is overpowering them, manipulating them, charming them, half-lying to them, etc. Except for perhaps the scenes with Yoon Song-Yi, the print reporter friend. With her, she is at her most honest (btw I am still wondering what Yoon Song-Yi told TW).

16 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

but during the episode, we saw.. that entire thing was careful planning from her side.. based on advice she got..she totally planned to use her husband to pull strings for her.. make him go against his principles and do it for her.. 

So does she love Taewook? He is JJH, so she's quite the enigma if she doesn't! Lol. His everlasting handsomeness aside, it tears at me to see him rising to be her protector (compromising himself in the process) and I don't know if HR truly loves him. So I'll be spending the next week also examining their kiss (for research!) and comparing them to the KL kisses, using HR's facial expression as a window into her heart/motivations. The Thailand kiss was ambiguous, starting out non-consensual and then sweeping into consensual? The second was clearly yucky. The one with TW, well, I need to go back and look again! @africandramalover and @triplem  thanks for all the photos, GIFs and hilarious commentary to help with that.

Other things I am going to re-watch to think about:

• Eun Joo's reliving her last interaction with Kevin. Not only was it longer, but it seemed slightly different from what we saw before.  It is clear that it is from her memory as she is shown observing ---is this about how witness memories are often inaccurate? 
  • The scene between Kevin's manager and HR in the stairwell. He seems to have a personal reason to really hate HR. It didn't seem like he was blackmailing her. Why was he so protective of Eun Joo?
  • Kevin's bruise on his wrist. Did we already see anything that would explain it?
  • Taewook in general -- his anger and possessiveness over HR seem explosive. Even the way he kissed spoke of wanting to own her. Maybe because she's unobtainable, but is his anger violent enough not to just punch someone but to kill KL?
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jd50 said:

As curious as I am about who killed KL, I am finding myself more and more focused on whether I will ever see the heart of HR, stripped of her constant need to maintain her defenses. Total props to the writer and Kim Nam Joo for pulling me in and making me care about a character this much. Every time she interacts with someone, I feel she is overpowering them, manipulating them, charming them, half-lying to them, etc. Except for perhaps the scenes with Yoon Song-Yi, the print reporter friend. With her, she is at her most honest (btw I am still wondering what Yoon Song-Yi told TW).

So does she love Taewook? He is JJH, so she's quite the enigma if she doesn't! Lol. His everlasting handsomeness aside, it tears at me to see him rising to be her protector (compromising himself in the process) and I don't know if HR truly loves him. So I'll be spending the next week also examining their kiss (for research!) and comparing them to the KL kisses, using HR's facial expression as a window into her heart/motivations. The Thailand kiss was ambiguous, starting out non-consensual and then sweeping into consensual? The second was clearly yucky. The one with TW, well, I need to go back and look again! @africandramalover and @triplem  thanks for all the photos, GIFs and hilarious commentary to help with that.

Other things I am going to re-watch to think about:

• Eun Joo's reliving her last interaction with Kevin. Not only was it longer, but it seemed slightly different from what we saw before.  It is clear that it is from her memory as she is shown observing ---is this about how witness memories are often inaccurate? 
  • The scene between Kevin's manager and HR in the stairwell. He seems to have a personal reason to really hate HR. It didn't seem like he was blackmailing her. Why was he so protective of Eun Joo?
  • Kevin's bruise on his wrist. Did we already see anything that would explain it?
  • Taewook in general -- his anger and possessiveness over HR seem explosive. Even the way he kissed spoke of wanting to own her. Maybe because she's unobtainable, but is his anger violent enough not to just punch someone but to kill KL?

I think you summed up the enigma that is Hr very well.  But there is still the story of the prisoner.  Did Hr kill someone who was abusing her in the past - a powerful man, and then the boy took the murder charge on himself for her so that she could fulfill her dreams to fight for a righteous society?    If she killed once, couldn't she kill yet again?  This time will TW take her place in jail? This is possible.

Tw's  is told that when it comes to a trial the truth is not  important, what is important is how people feel about what happened. The public prejudice, that can be manipulated by the media or bent and molded by a clever prosecutor or defense atty.   I think that forebodes a trial is yet to come.  I think Hr will be prosecuted.  

And, Hr's penchant for hiding the truth or only telling half truths -that has to come back to bite her.  We see what has happened with EJ, and what will happen when Tw finds out more about her past with KL?   If she tells a half truth in court and is caught by the prosecutor - once a liar always a liar in the mind of the jury.   Even we who are rooting for Hr are questioning her, we can't be quite certain she is innocent.  She is willing to go into dark places - those pictures she had taken of HJw and KL was ad devious thing to do.  Even if i don't like the victims themselves.   And kissing KL - to get him to back off with his blackmail pictures while she is being reviewed for the Blue House appointment - that was a kind of prostitution - she was wiping her mouth - she didn 't want that with him clearly - even if she did have a passionate relationship with him when she was young. She was honest, she said that she wished for that passion again in her life .(don't we all)  -  but no, not with him.  she may have yearned for desire but the guy in her past was no longer the man she wanted.   So this lady does compromise her ideals when she has to - in order to hold onto her career and to further her goals.  How far is she willing to go?    

• Like 11

7 hours ago, V said:

It annoys me so much when a kiss looks like a stage kiss that two elementary kids are forced to do in some reenactment of Snow White. I mean drama kisses don't have to be all hot and heavy all the time, I don't want that, but they should at least be believable. Some hot and heavy kisses look fake as well, just as @africandramalover mentioned.

Coffee Prince comes to mind with great believable kisses. Even that aggressive kiss in the kitchen was believable (and hard to watch!). And of course their first kiss in the coffee shop and then that kiss in the condo were top notch.

If I am remembering right, I think that Oh My Venus had some great kiss scenes. They were more on the innocent side and so believable.

I've seen kdramas kiss scenes where (especially) the actress  just stood there stoned when they are hugged. The actors on the other hand are not that bad probably because most of the time they are the initiator of the kiss. Sometimes the married ones are the worst but then this is not Hollywood. Asian's are still not comfortable displaying affections in public i guess. 

• Like 7

Loved the last two episodes.  Definitely thought provoking and making it even harder to try and figure out if KL was murdered or if it was truly an accident.  I had thought it might be EJ but now I'm not too sure.  I really am curious who had called KL and why he was going out to meet them.  You would think the detective would have already requested his phone records just to see who he was in contact with last.  Hopefully, we will find out next week.  It is so hard to wait from week to week when you and an exciting drama like this.  Ji Jin Hee is one of my favorite actors and he always come through.  If he plays in a drama you can be assured it will be a good one.  

• Like 11

It's obvious that the writer set up HR to be a flawed dubious character from the start. She's clearly not the classic good girl heroine and her motives are always in question. Why does she do the things she does? Is she really sincere? Why does she withhold information from the people around her? These are all valid questions and we'll undoubtedly keep on asking them while we continue to grapple with her actions especially in relation to Kevin Lee's death and its ramifications.

Kevin Lee's death is the turning point here because she was sailing along a particular trajectory when his reappearance in her life completely derailed all of that.

As we've all discussed already, a number of her actions seem counterintuitive and are/could be damaging to her reputation and relationships with the people around her. I didn't warm up to her right away because she seemed to be entirely fixated on her job to the detriment of other things in her life. As the show progressed, I've begun to understand a lot more of what drives her. Her upbringing certainly plays a significant part but her life experiences as a journalist is equally important in how she views people and categorizes them.

HR is fiercely independent to the point of being isolationist and abrasive. At first it seemed extreme because nobody gets as far ahead as she has purely on their own merits. But her attitude becomes more understandable when we see that people (at least from her perspective) let her down. Her father-in-law did not accept her into the family until she achieved prominence in her career. Her own husband became disinterested, aloof and silently angry after the abortion despite promising before marriage to help further her career.Then there's the news chief whose support of her seems dependant on the prevailing winds... he has to survive too so he's like a weed that bends whichever way he has to. From what she said in the police station, she's also come across corrupt cops and prosecutors. All of this has undoubtedly confirmed to her that she can't rely on anyone wholeheartedly to look out for # 1. From her perspective, she seemed to have made all the right choices because the end result... successful career in news broadcasting... has proven that her philosophy is right on the money. Until now. Her job was able to at least fill some of the vacuum in her life for a time, while she kept busy but now that the job that has been the mark of her self-worth is in jeopardy, she is being forced to recalibrate her thinking and position.

I believe that HR finally agreed to marry TW because he seemed to respect her independence and was willing to support her in the maintenance of it. Perhaps neither of them understood what they were really signing up for when they tied the knot, TW in particular... but I believe they went into marriage with the best of intentions because she was honest with him and he liked her honesty and drive. But the dynamic of their marriage is interesting because he married her with no assurance that she loved him. In fact that was not an issue for him. She didn't have to love him. She only had to be willing to be with him. His love for her has always been unconditional in the sense that she didn't have to prove that she loved him to be loved by him. Again we see him reiterate that promise he made to her before they were married in his study. He took responsibilities for the failures of the marriage on himself although I think there's enough blame to be shared between the two of them. He chose to believe her and act on that belief. It wasn't dependent on how forthcoming she was or even whether she still loved him. That was never an issue. So I guess EJ can try to seduce TW or destroy the marriage but it won't probably work because the success or failure of the marriage really lies with TW's unerring faithfulness to HR.

I haven't gushed over the kissing scene as much as some here :wink: because I was surprised by how early it came. But I think it proved the point I just made... that TW has never stopped loving HR even when things were at their lowest between them. The cold war... ships passing each other in the night... the hurtful words... they were even on the brink of divorce. When their lips finally came together, it was clear that there was a lot of pent up passion erupting. The way I read it, TW had been missing HR greatly like a man whose been starving... and reassuring her that he was still 100% committed to their marriage and being used by her.

I also wanted to say something in defence of the detective played by Ahn Nae Sang. I don't think he's the bad guy in this. If I were the victim's family I'd like to think that police were as conscientious as he is. He has over 30 years of experience and there was cause for suspicion. Besides there are all kinds of people behaving suspiciously, not answering questions and lying outright. It must make him wonder. Just because Kevin Lee was a scumbag shouldn't colour the way we see the justice system or affect the need to do due diligence in an investigation.

• Like 12

I'm watching the 1st episode, and all those insecure, little jerks around Go hye ran in her office are making my blood boil! These little shits can't see a woman succeed more than them so they are trying to pull her down by using the fact that she is not young any more against her. The obsession our societies have with youth is ridiculous. I hope Go hye ran steps on all of them and climbs up! They are trying to overtake her not by ability but by using something like "youth." 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, tigro said:

I'm watching the 1st episode, and all those insecure, little jerks around Go hye ran in her office are making my blood boil! These little shits can't see a woman succeed more than them so they are trying to pull her down by using the fact that she is not young any more against her. The obsession our societies have with youth is ridiculous. I hope Go hye ran steps on all of them and climbs up! They are trying to overtake her not by ability but by using something like "youth." 

OMG, I love that you are just starting. Don't read any of this thread and just marathon until episode 6! Then come back and tell us what your theories are. :) 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I've seen kdramas kiss scenes where (especially) the actress  just stood there stoned when they are hugged. The actors on the other hand are not that bad probably because most of the time they are the initiator of the kiss. Sometimes the married ones are the worst but then this is not Hollywood. Asian's are still not comfortable displaying affections in public i guess. 

Interesting. In this Drama Fever article, Kim Nam Joo says that now that she is an ahjumma she doesn't mind showing so much skin.  But she said her husband Kim Seung Woo - doesn't like it, and won't watch the show. 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/-things-to-know-about-misty-the-new-passionate-mystery-drama/

oops, the comment is in the AllKpop article

" However, she added,"Kim Seung Woo (her husband) told me he doesn't have the courage to watch the drama because of the revealing scenes." 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02/new-19-rated-jtbc-drama-misty-brings-in-impressive-first-episode-ratings

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

---I will be out of topic but reading comments about the kissing scenes I do have to say that up to now my favorite K actress with the most believable kiss scenes is Yoon Eun Hye.

Lately I see in Kdramas( Kmovies is a complete different story) few actresses who try to leave behind the classic scene male kiss /female stays frozen like  Snowqueen the heroine from the fairy tale and I am pleasantly surprised.

----I am wondering when they will show us the content from the black chip.

----I can not understand how a lawyer who has nothing to do with a case can he learn all the details  from a police detective.

How legal and ethical is for the detective to share all the information with the lawyer. Even if he is not a lawyer but a prosecutor, should he not first officially take the case under him?

• Like 9

I have been expecting this drama but just started to watch over this weekend.  I manage to only catch up to ep. 4 and not finished yet.   I have never watched Kim Nam Joo's drama yet but I am so love to see Ji Jin Hee.  Being my first drama with KNJ, I am so impressed with the character she immersed in.   Ji Jin Hee doesn't show any catchy scenes still in ep 2, makes me think well ... the main lead is KNJ?  Only after ep 3, his role appears stronger.   His type of drama that I expect to watch.  Am happy to see its rating goes high, and wish to see it will maintain higher till the end.   I haven't got enough time to read more on the discussion, hope to catch up real soon.  :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I really am curious who had called KL and why he was going out to meet them.  You would think the detective would have already requested his phone records just to see who he was in contact with last. 

Its funny that the detective didn't bring that up in the first place. And the last words KL spoke to the caller was something like "okay, lets do that'. Doesn't seems to me that he would be saying that to HR. 

36 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's obvious that the writer set up HR to be a flawed dubious character from the start. She's clearly not the classic good girl heroine and her motives are always in question.

I wouldn't think of her character as flawed and certainly not the heroine type one would cheer for. But i find her character 'real'. 

True to her nature as anchor woman, she tells only the facts and not deliberately hiding the truth. I don't think it was her intention to hide from TW about her past with KL. That was in her past, she has moved on and as she told KL, TW knows there was a man in her life before they married. I definitely think she knew that JY is KL when she went to the airport to interview him. She confirmed it when she saw the video of KL. HR could just have let it slide and gave up on interviewing KL if she wanted to hide her past but it was the jerk KL that went and rile things up.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I believe that HR finally agreed to marry TW because he seemed to respect her independence and was willing to support her in the maintenance of it. Perhaps neither of them understood what they were really signing up for when they tied the knot, TW in particular... but I believe they went into marriage with the best of intentions because she was honest with him and he liked her honesty and drive. But the dynamic of their marriage is interesting because he married her with no assurance that she loved him.

I admire her for being honest with TW from the start. He was the one who was willing to be used regardless so there is no question of HR using him. There was a breaking point in the marriage when she told him of the abortion. I assume that caused him to move out of the marital bed but he still stood by her and i think you are right that it would be hard for EJ to seduce TW. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Er no one finds it weird that they're 2 men dressed head to toe in Black walking around acting suspiciously?! I find that hard to believe but hey it's a K-drama. 

Lol... they've made a  KDrama record, not one, but two people dressed in black in a drama, and appearing in the same scene!! That has never been done before! :D

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Don't underestimate Eunjoo...she's now out to get even with Hyeran. Some "friend" she is indeed<_<

I think someone pointed out the inconsistencies in their relationship. In episode one, Eun Joo tells hubby Kevin that they were very close in their high school days, hanging out all the time, while GHR tells the detective that they were in the same class but only knew one another's names.... At this point, I can't believe anything anyone says in this drama, especially GHR. However, it seems like Eun Joo definitely thought they were friends and is more emotionally invested in the friendship. She knows about the effect that piece of music had on GHR back in the day, and probably has a drawer full of intimate details that she will share with TW.

I like how the Blackbox card ended up with Eun Joo instead of HJW. Writer-nim is definitely using it to further the relationship between GHR and TW. Eun Joo will reveal info which will make TW suspicious, or at least prompt him to get to know her better, her bad and good sides. He was clearly smitten with her spitfire character in the Prosecutor's briefing and fell headlong in love.

I don't think they had those intimate, revealing conversations about "the worst thing you ever did", "your worst habit" "most embarrassing moment etc. He fell in love, and that was it. He had to marry her. He doesn't even ask about her exes. He will discover things about her that will test this "love" and "responsibility" he claims he has. Conversely, GHR will have to come clean to her husband, something I am sure she is afraid to do. She has compartmentalized her life so well, and now TW will have to visit each of those rooms that made her the tough nut he loves.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I haven't gushed over the kissing scene as much as some here :wink: because I was surprised by how early it came.

Looollll!!! at the gushing! 

I have recently gotten some friends hooked on KDrama and they quickly noticed that a kiss or something significant must happen in Episode 6. It's like Dramas have a template they follow, except Secret Love Affair where the STEAMY kiss happened in Ep2.

11 hours ago, V said:

Coffee Prince. Damn.:wub:

3 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I've seen kdramas kiss scenes where (especially) the actress  just stood there stoned when they are hugged.

I have to blame the Director's for this, no one would kiss like that in real life.... the deer in the headlights kiss is a trope I wish would die. 

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

Interesting. In this Drama Fever article, Kim Nam Joo says that now that she is an ahjumma she doesn't mind showing so much skin.  But she said her husband Kim Seung Woo - doesn't like it, and won't watch the show.

I was chatting with a friend last week, and she told me how "shame", especially about her body, leaves a woman when she becomes a mother.

It seems men don't like watching their actress wives kissing scenes! Kim Hee Ae says her hubby has never watched any of her dramas! How Now! I would be on set, telling my hubby to kiss even deeper! :D

I also forgot to mention, Ji Jin-Hee's arms. I think we have a new Mr. Arms...... watch the kiss scene again and notice how GHR traces those biceps. He's 45!!

• Like 11