Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

5 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I'm still puzzled 

• Can someone tell me why the detective is the first one at the scene of the accident?? i mean would not the police normally be the one at the scene first?? It was a steep road and snowing at the time, i don't think it would be out of the ordinary for an accident to happened under such circumstances. A detective would only be called in if the police suspected foul play but in this case the detective was there first as if someone had tipped in off. 

Was the detective first on the scene? I thought there were two uniform cops or road workers on the scene first to process the accident and they were the ones who called in the detective later just to confirm things. I could be remembering wrongly but I distinctly remembered one of them saying that they had to tick some bureaucratic box to bring the detective in. Or something along those lines. He wasn't expecting anything serious to come of it.

• Like 8

I know I am getting way ahead of myself but I think KL died in an accident but HR will be charged with murder. She will be found guilty with no real evidence, just implications and circumstantial, but public opinion will rage against her. TW will not let her go to prison for a crime she didn't commit, and confess to the crime and go to jail for her.

That is my current theory.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

@justamom Fellow SLA fan here as well. One of my all time favourites. When I started Misty it gave me the same vibes & hooked me in immediately. 

As much as I am swooning over TW and his seemingly unwavering love for HR , I’m wondering if it really is unconditional. Especially when I saw this scene again (gif cto) 

tumblr_p3xo02zYB41r3hugwo3_540.gif

.....he had these expectations that he’d be able to make her love him like he loves her. And she has obviously disappointed him. 

It was painful to see him cry in the car but he somewhat chose this road 

@imgreatgal , @40somethingahjumma is right . First people on the scene were uniformed cops, not the investigator. 

@jd50  we only saw the pregnancy test / kit.  But we hv not been shown that she told Kevin she’s pregnant. She did tell Hye Ran though. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

i marathoned all 6 episodes in 2 days and I'm so hooked! It felt like OTWTTA, but with more thriller and suspense. Loving GHR and KTW. And KL too. Man, he exudes so much masculinity. In fact, I tuned in more in the first place because of him. Praying hard that neither GHR or KTW is the killer, that there will be a happy ending for them later. SLA and OTWTTA, both dramas that I held dear to my heart and loved so much. And now Misty. 

oh, and I love GHR's eye makeup!. Perfect

• Like 15

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Was the detective first on the scene? I thought there were two uniform cops or road workers on the scene first to process the accident and they were the ones who called in the detective later just to confirm things. I could be remembering wrongly but I distinctly remembered one of them saying that they had to tick some bureaucratic box to bring the detective in. Or something along those lines. He wasn't expecting anything serious to come of it.

Nope, you should watched the first few minutes of ep1. The detective was there first a cop came a bit later and said that its and accident and they have been called to process it and were trying to identify the victim. 

Another thing, when the detective was questioning HR, he asked if she knew KL before the live interview and she answered 'no' which was a lie.  This detective is quiet suspicious. He found HR's brooch in KL' car (i don't know how long a time frame from the time he found the brooch to the time he questioned her). He also has a photo of EJ and questioned HR if she knew her too. Meaning  within that short period of time he has been investigating her relationship with KL and EJ. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, africandramalover said:

Next episode another potential killer appears on the scene (in the Ep 7 preview). Who is this lady?

I believe this is young HR. I think we'll be getting a flashback what happened to her that made HMS go in prison. That music that EJ get TW to listen to/play at their house was most probably the music that reminds HR of the secret mistreatment she went through when younger.

~~~

Something I don't understand. Why the detective cannot request for Kevin's phone log? Let's say he can't get warrant for HR's phone log, surely it is easier for him to get Kevin's phone log. Or are we still at because it is ruled as accident, thus no investigation needs to be carried out? Why then is he still working on it? He's got no other case on hand? Besides, if it is ruled as accident, case should be closed already, esp.after an autopsy was carried out... Am really not getting this part...

I'm still wondering about the time line... because it seems that EJ went ahead to see what is in the memory card as soon as she found it, based on her clothing. What I take is they argued, he left, she started packing his stuff, found the memory card, watched the content. (This happened more than 1 hour after HR left) She was stunned by the content. But then we see HR got home, EJ called her, already in different clothing and shaking worriedly, instead of angrily. I'm assuming some time has passed because EJ changed clothes, so that means HR didn't immediately get home. Something definitely happened in that meantime which left her shaking with the blue gloves.

I also think the murderer must be a guy, not only because of the bruise on wrist, but also because if the accident was staged, and Kevin was killed before he got into the car, there must be someone strong enough to carry his lifeless body and put it in the car.

An interesting observation, I hope it's not just an oversight by the writer/production team but will be explained later, is that the time Kevin was in the house was barely 30 minutes (less than 5 minutes actually). But CCTV showed that he went out 30 minutes later. Then another one too, she dropped her ring which rolled under the sofa, but when she was watching the memory card, she had it on again, whereas we saw that she picked it up when watching the news of HR walking out of the police station then put it on.

Argh, because this is shown in a lot of flashback and not in sequence, I have a hard time finding certain scenes to recheck details. Maybe I should try writing a recap of every episode :lol:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, loveirina1 said:

Sorry for off the topic, can anyone tell me what SLA stands for? 

Secret Love Affair

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I believe this is young HR. I think we'll be getting a flashback what happened to her that made HMS go in prison. That music that EJ get TW to listen to/play at their house was most probably the music that reminds HR of the secret mistreatment she went through when younger.

~~~

Something I don't understand. Why the detective cannot request for Kevin's phone log? Let's say he can't get warrant for HR's phone log, surely it is easier for him to get Kevin's phone log. Or are we still at because it is ruled as accident, thus no investigation needs to be carried out? Why then is he still working on it? He's got no other case on hand? Besides, if it is ruled as accident, case should be closed already, esp.after an autopsy was carried out... Am really not getting this part...

I'm still wondering about the time line... because it seems that EJ went ahead to see what is in the memory card as soon as she found it, based on her clothing. What I take is they argued, he left, she started packing his stuff, found the memory card, watched the content. (This happened more than 1 hour after HR left) She was stunned by the content. But then we see HR got home, EJ called her, already in different clothing and shaking worriedly, instead of angrily. I'm assuming some time has passed because EJ changed clothes, so that means HR didn't immediately get home. Something definitely happened in that meantime which left her shaking with the blue gloves.

I also think the murderer must be a guy, not only because of the bruise on wrist, but also because if the accident was staged, and Kevin was killed before he got into the car, there must be someone strong enough to carry his lifeless body and put it in the car.

An interesting observation, I hope it's not just an oversight by the writer/production team but will be explained later, is that the time Kevin was in the house was barely 30 minutes (less than 5 minutes actually). But CCTV showed that he went out 30 minutes later. Then another one too, she dropped her ring which rolled under the sofa, but when she was watching the memory card, she had it on again, whereas we saw that she picked it up when watching the news of HR walking out of the police station then put it on.

Argh, because this is shown in a lot of flashback and not in sequence, I have a hard time finding certain scenes to recheck details. Maybe I should try writing a recap of every episode :lol:

I think EJ did not see memory chip until after the funeral.  After the funeral she was sitting on the sofa remembering what happened when Kevin came home (after Hr had brought her home). He took his jacket off and left it on the chair.  He went to drink beer, the argument, the cellphone call, he goes upstairs and gets another jacket, then the ring stand off, he leaves.  Then EJ in present time (after the funeral sitting on the sofa thinking) gets up, she now has the ring on which she wore at the funeral service. She is upset because she was reliving that ring scene and infidelity. She starts to gather her dead husband's clothes and their pictures together and puts everything in a plastic bag, to throw away.   She sees the jacket he left on the chair when he came home that night and picks it up - then the chip fell out and she views it - her ring is on because it is after the funeral.  As far as how long he was home- well that is drama/time I guess,,, 

As far as the wrist bruise, it could be a man who did it. But perhaps he just banged it?  Also I would think the wack to the back of his head would also take a strong chop.  That is, if it was murder not an accident.   

I don't think the death was ruled an accident. Probably at this point "Undetermined".  But the jealous prosecutor is going to get the weaselly assistant guy to say he saw KL with Hr and that they were blackmailing her which is a motive for murder and or he will get that chip somehow -  and twist it into a murder finding.   I don''t know what the privacy laws are  in SK about getting  a dead person's telephone records - but he may need a warrant, and then if that is the case he would have to show cause.  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 10

So I'm currently crushing on Go Joon and just found this article on Yonhap News

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2018/02/20/0200000000AKR20180220155500005.HTML?input=1195m

A rough translation/summary below:

- Online female communities are going crazy over Kevin Lee and Go Joon's "distinctive, rough-edged sexiness"

-Go Joon doesn't think he's sexy and still cringes whenever he sees himself on screen

- The PD didn't want Kevin Lee to be a standard pretty boy but someone with an American style but distinctively Asian feel

- He didn't deliberately try to act sexy, if he did it would have the opposite effect. The writer says he naturally exudes sexiness from more than 10 years of practising Muay Thai, boxing, judo, and wrestling 

- He says his character is totally opposite from Kevin Lee's narcissism and charisma. He freezes when he talks to women

- His first love lasted 7 years and he had a hard time getting over it, and he harnessed that for his character

- Kevin Lee is someone who craves love and can't get over Hye Ran because she left him when he had nothing. Similarly he also feels sorry towards the people he met when he had nothing (I think he means Kevin can't get over Hye Ran and feels sorry towards her because he couldn't give her anything)

- He says he still doesn't know who the culprit is! He suspects it is Eun Joo (most natural suspect) but he really doesn't know. Perhaps it could be an open ending where he died at his own hands (no....)

- He started his career with stage performances and indie movies

- He wanted to become an actor to help heal the hurt and pain in our hearts. He's only played the antagonist in commercial movies, but with Misty he feels he's had the chance to expand his repertoire which makes him happy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

think EJ did not see memory chip until after the funeral.  After the funeral she was sitting on the sofa remembering what happened when Kevin came home (after Hr had brought her home). He took his jacket off and left it on the chair.  He went to drink beer, the argument, the cellphone call, he goes upstairs and gets another jacket, then the ring stand off, he leaves.  Then EJ in present time (after the funeral sitting on the sofa thinking) gets up, she now has the ring on which she wore at the funeral service. She is upset because she was reliving that ring scene and infidelity. She starts to gather her dead husband's clothes and their pictures together and puts everything in a plastic bag, to throw away.   She sees the jacket he left on the chair when he came home that night and picks it up - then the chip fell out and she views it - her ring is on because it is after the funeral. 

Oooo, you're right!! I rewatched and it is a different clothing. Similar dark color and style that will easily be missed if one isn't paying close attention. Thanks for pointing it out! Now it makes more sense.

• Like 6

Misty: Episodes 1-6 (Open Thread)

by odilettante

misty1.jpg

mary: We’re trying something new! (Or rather, reviving an old thing and making it new again!) We’re kicking off weekly Open Threads for shows that we absolutely want need to talk about and dissect with the Dramabeans community, but don’t have time to write complete recaps for.

odilettante: Or for shows where it’s too late to go back and pick up, yet deserve love and attention. While we wish we’d thought of this sooner (*cough*Just Between Lovers*cough*), we’re creating this space to squee, speculate, and generally discuss JTBC’s current Friday-Saturday drama, Misty.

mary: This first post is just to catch up with Episodes 1-6. Next week, we’ll post another Open Thread for Episodes 7-8, and the week after that is for Episodes 9-10, and so on until our angsty power couple reunites in the end or Go Hye-ran runs out of gorgeous pantsuits.

odilettante: GASP. Don’t even think about Hye-ran running out of pantsuits! It’s impossible! I’m pretty sure are three things Hye-ran cares most about: power, passion, and pantsuits. Not necessarily in that order.

PANTSUITS.jpg

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/misty-episodes-1-6-open-thread/

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Thanks guys for the exam wishes.... It was a paper and a half, is all I can say.

16 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I just marathoned SLA again and yes those love scenes ohhhhhh, my fave were the kissing scenes in episode 10 when they were in the secret alcove where there were no cameras and interspersed with the love scenes was the husband looking for them.

I read that the script had Lee Seon Jae taking off her skirt in that ep10 scene !!!:tongue:. OHW's character was so smitten by then! Lee Seon Jae is what we call in my country, the ultimate panty dropper. Got that skirt off yo!

16 hours ago, hyall said:

Is SLA Secret Love Affair?

Yep. Only the greatest drama ever produced in Korea. Misty is gonna be second, if things go the way they are going.

16 hours ago, hyall said:

I was surprised that Kim Nam Joo did these kiss scenes as her previous dramas she has hardly given even a peck to her male costar. She's very convincing and a good actress.

When I saw news about this drama late last year, I quickly put a note on my phone, for no other reason except Kim Nam Joo and Ji Jin-Hee, and the epic storyline. I've watched a bunch of Kim Nam Joo's stuff, so I couldn't wait for her comeback. I'm  excited for how successful MISTY is. I hope it boosts her career and paycheck and  keeps Ajumma roles away.

16 hours ago, justamom said:

Btw those backstage scenes, did you know if you watch the JTBC version instead of one of the online streaming sites you can actually see Hye Won’s skirt and legs

Please inbox me this link because I need to relive those moments!!!! Kim Hee Ae did an EPIC job in that drama.

Sorry guys for discussing another drama on this forum, but the two characters are very similar in terms of Bad Azz-ness. (SLA is just... I still go back to the forum to read all 700 pages of comments :tongue:.)

These Anti-Hero female characters are just so amazing! I guess it's because they're what we secretly hope to be, or they at least do what we dream about doing, like chasing her dream (GHR), or manipulating and EPICally taking down her enemies like OHW in SLA.

I wonder how Han Ji Won knew that Go Hye Ran and Kevin were seeing one another. Did GHR's assistant give her the video of the time when GHR takes the questions to Kevin in the dressing room and he gets all up in her personal space? (I can't put it past HJW to totally be smashing GHR's assistant in exchange for dirt about GHR during pillow talk...)

1 hour ago, justamom said:

He says he still doesn't know who the culprit is! He suspects it is Eun Joo (most natural suspect) but he really doesn't know. Perhaps it could be an open ending where he died at his own hands (no....)

Thanks for that article! I can imagine how exciting the set is, not knowing who the killer is even as they do episode after episode, wondering if their character is the murderer. I would be excited to go to work!!

I'm thinking we need to write a timeline of events for the night of Kevin's death, kinda like what they do in detective shows... It might help unravel this ball of yarn.:crazy:

• Like 8

@larus looks like Drama Beans is regretting NOT recapping this awesome show! They're going to run an open thread every week, meaning they don't have to spend time recapping but still have a space for their readers to talk about the show. That's basically like opening a forum for the show so they don't lose readership...

@maddymappo Thanks for the timeline! I watched episodes 5 and 6 again with a more lucid head and am now even more confused! If Hye Ran went straight home, who called him out again at 1.30am? Who? Who?? Ah I'm going crazy here...

So, this is the sequence of events:

9pm - Hye Ran's news show where she exposes Kevin and Hangil Steel

10pm - Tae Wook confronts her at news studio, Hye Ran discovers Thailand photos, goes to meet Kevin

10-11pm - Makeout scene, Eun Joo meets with Ji Won. 

11-12am - Hye Ran wiping off lipstick, gets call from Eun Joo and goes to meet her (where is Kevin all this time?)

1am - Hye Ran drops Eun Joo back. She goes home and collapses on the sofa clutching a pair of gloves (I can't remember, is Tae Wook still sleeping at the office or did he meet her back home?), Kevin returns home. Kevin and Eun Joo fight, Kevin gets mysterious phone call and leaves

5am - Kevin dies

What is the significance of those gloves? Something to do with her past with Kevin??

@africandramalover I also found a different version of the scene in episode 11 at the construction site which has a slightly extended version of Hye Won kissing Seon Jae (don't ask me how many times I've watched the show, haha) but gosh it looked so awkward. It always looked awkward when she tried to kiss him, I don't know why? Maybe the director was trying to show that Seon Jae wanted to assert that he was leading the relationship (like let me be the one to hug/kiss you)

Does he really not know? I'm sure they have an inkling or some idea. I can't believe they'll only reveal it in the last episode? Noooo, that suspense would kill me.

BTW, SLA fans, how did I not recognise Ji Jin Hee? I just watched him not long ago in Second to Last Love with Kim Hee Ae. Haha! He had such a pricklish personality in that show.

Can I just say I'm so sad Kevin is dead because I want more of his hotness! In present day, not just flashbacks! Gosh, he and Hye Ran in the same frame...my screen just steams up 

Mysterious man -- what we know: he wants to protect Hye Ran. He's connected to something that happened in her childhood (maybe her father's death? maybe he was protecting Hye Ran from him?), something that made Hye Ran who she is today. What could that be? Guess we will find out in the coming episodes...

• Like 10

10 hours ago, maddymappo said:

I think KL died in an accident but HR will be charged with murder. She will be found guilty with no real evidence, just implications and circumstantial, but public opinion will rage against her. TW will not let her go to prison for a crime she didn't commit, and confess to the crime and go to jail for her.

So why would there be a trial and why would anyone go to prison if it is proven to be an accident? What is the point of a who dun it and someone going to prison if no one dun it?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

46 minutes ago, justamom said:

africandramalover I also found a different version of the scene in episode 11 at the construction site which has a slightly extended version of Hye Won kissing Seon Jae (don't ask me how many times I've watched the show, haha) but gosh it looked so awkward. It always looked awkward when she tried to kiss him, I don't know why? Maybe the director was trying to show that Seon Jae wanted to assert that he was leading the relationship (like let me be the one to hug/kiss you)

Girrrllll!! Links please!! 부탁이에요!!:D

The kisses were not awkward. OHW was a needy woman at this point, having completely given in to her feelings for LSJ. The dam had broken, all that pent up emotion was bursting to come out, at the same time, her rational side wanted to restrain her from this student and younger boy. It's an internal conflict playing out in those kisses. But I would know better if I could see these extended versions of the scenes!:blush:. Inbox please! Hehehehehe!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

ok, speaking of KL's phone log, why does the detective want to find HR's black box's chip, shouldn't he be concerned about KL's black box? that should shed more light on how the accident happened or was KL's black box chip rendered useless after the accident. The detective said the car burned but we saw that KL's body was intact. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, justamom said:

looks like Drama Beans is regretting NOT recapping this awesome show! They're going to run an open thread every week, meaning they don't have to spend time recapping but still have a space for their readers to talk about the show. That's basically like opening a forum for the show so they don't lose readership...

It`s better to start later than never. :wink: I saw that there are over 100 comments. That`s good.

5 hours ago, justamom said:

11-12am - Hye Ran wiping off lipstick, gets call from Eun Joo and goes to meet her (where is Kevin all this time?)

I asked myself the same question. Kevin arrived home 10 minutes after Eun Joo so I wonder where he was or with whom.

• Like 5

@40somethingahjumma about the two cops at the accident site, well it was in episode 3. It seems the detective had called in a forensic team to check out the accident scene. The two cops were mocking the detective and one of them said that the detective was making a big deal out of it like its a hobby with him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

The detective said the car burned but we saw that KL's body was intact. 

yep, it is not a clean "car accident" so many questionable findings in the autopsy, not consistent with the findings at the scene of the accident

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I believe the detective went to his superior and requested a warrant and was denied.  The superior told him to wait until after the autopsy.  Once the autopsy came back inconclusive, 50/50, the detective was told to come back with more evidence (variables).  Therefore, at this point the investigation is not an official murder investigation. The detective has his suspicions; however, he needs evidence to back it up before he can more forward.  I guess he cannot request telephone records for either person until it becomes an murder investigation. However, he can look at the black box as part of the investigation into the accident.

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

She is upset because she was reliving that ring scene and infidelity. She starts to gather her dead husband's clothes and their pictures together and puts everything in a plastic bag, to throw away.   She sees the jacket he left on the chair when he came home that night and picks it up - then the chip fell out and she views it - her ring is on because it is after the funeral. 

You are right.  She did find the chip after the funeral when she was packing up KL's clothes.  I skimmed through episode 6 again last night and it appeared that the coat which the clip fell from is the same one he put on before leaving the house after the argument.  Did KL return home and go out again?  There was more than 3 hours between 1:40 AM and 5:00 AM when he was found.  

I am wondering why EJ did not take the chip to the detective?  What did she see that made her want to hurt HR by stealing her husband? ( I think EJ knows that HR did not kill KL.)   However, what EJ does not know, as she plans her seduction,

1) TW has tasted the cake again and it is delicious. He is not looking for another flavor right now.

2) TW knew that HR did not love him when they married and also he knew that she was in a relationship when he met her. 

I do not believe TW knew who HR was in a relationship with, but he knew she was seeing someone.  I think TW figured out that  KL (from the innuendos and interview) was the one who HR was in love with years ago.  I believe that is why TW decided to go to Thailand.  My heart broke to see TW in so much pain because he thought that HR was cheating on him.  As much as he loved her, he was ready to walk out on her (sleeping at the office) until he thought he might really lose her. He then realized how much he still loved her.   Funny how humans are.  Many times we do not treasure what we have until we either lose it or are about to lose it. 

@loveirina1 "Sorry for off the topic, can anyone tell me what SLA stands for"? 

It stands for Secret Love Affair. Yes, 

12 hours ago, doc_med said:

i marathoned all 6 episodes in 2 days and I'm so hooked! It felt like OTWTTA, but with more thriller and suspense.

@doc_med  what does OTWTTA stand for?

• Like 7