Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess, 东宫

On 2/14/2019 at 10:39 PM, RPM said:

Drama premiere 14 Feb, 2019 @0ly40

Officially available on youtube. 

(It may not be available in some countries but by using VPN app you can watch it )

Thanks. I'll update it.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do Not Quote Vids
  • Thanks 3

They will jump in the river of forgetfulness by epi 10??

They are going to drag it to death, aren't they? I don't think there's enough content for rest 45 episodes after that......The book has only 42 chapters and one epilogue, I think.

33 episodes was the perfect length for this story. Now with 55 epis, Xiao feng will be crying forthe last 20-25 epis at least.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, dito said:

They will jump in the river of forgetfulness by epi 10??

They are going to drag it to death, aren't they? I don't think there's enough content for rest 45 episodes after that......The book has only 42 chapters and one epilogue, I think.

33 episodes was the perfect length for this story. Now with 55 epis, Xiao feng will be crying forthe last 20-25 epis at least.

I agree with you. 33 was the right length bez lately cdramas r going 55+ which is way too many eps. Making it dragging and boring which making a good story not good. In the past was 30 - 40 eps was good enough. Pity but I love the pacing of the drama right now. 

Also, someone mention they saw the first 8 eps. Can you tell which to watch those eps, please? Thx

• Like 4

East%2043.jpg~original

44 minutes ago, vlvl1 said:

I agree with you. 33 was the right length bez lately cdramas r going 55+ which is way too many eps. Making it dragging and boring which making a good story not good. In the past was 30 - 40 eps was good enough. Pity but I love the pacing of the drama right now. 

Also, someone mention they saw the first 8 eps. Can you tell which to watch those eps, please? Thx

Members of Youku can watch 8 epis in advance for it's premiere viewing and then 4 epis every mondays and thursdays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I thought the male lead looked familiar, it turned out he played Yang Kang in the recent adaptation Legend of Condor Heroes. I don’t like Yang kang so i have minimal memories for his performance in LOCH, is he okay in this drama?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

I thought the male lead looked familiar, it turned out he played Yang Kang in the recent adaptation Legend of Condor Heroes. I don’t like Yang kang so i have minimal memories for his performance in LOCH, is he okay in this drama?

Yes, his performance was good bez he was the only one got recognized for his good performance. Also, I thought he was able to bring the complexity of the character. I just watched eps 7 and u can tell how guilty he feels toward XF. I thought how cute and innocent it’s start but I keep telling myself to prepare. But, they r so cute together. :bawling:

• Like 4

Any word on who'll be subbing it? Or will it be subbed at all?

There is a page for this drama on viki but no episodes only trailers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dito said:

There is a page for this drama on viki but no episodes only trailers.

The first episode is scheduled to be released tomorrow on viki

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Anyone who have read the novel, could you please spoil it? I really want to know what happens...

Spoiler

Looks like both are going to have amnesia... wonder who is going to remember first... overall, I want to know what happens so I can prepare for this heartbreak. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, joyceedreamer said:

Anyone who have read the novel, could you please spoil it? I really want to know what happens...

Hide contents

Looks like both are going to have amnesia... wonder who is going to remember first... overall, I want to know what happens so I can prepare for this heartbreak. 

Here is a link for some spoilers from a blog. She explained some scenes on each page and ending.

http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/post/24595824421/review-of-eastern-palace-and-scene-translation-an#axzz5fjTNrrvq

Also, if you google “Eastern palace novel”, u will get the novel translated in English but it’s not finished. But, at least u get some info.

Spoiler

She will remember first after she runs a fever so bring out the tissue bez that is the start of everything going down hill. 

He won’t remember until the very end and that’s when he knows that she has always loved him and only him. Damn, such a tragic love story. They were never met for each even though they loved each other. :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Also, you can watch first 8 eps on maplestage.com, so enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

After reading the spoilers, it seems the male lead is a jerk lol. So my take to the spoilers, the girl jumped to the river because the guy betrayed her and he followed her, that’s already tragic, but then they survived, met again, rewind the romance and at the end she jump off the wall without him followed her. The story has double tragic lol, i better watch after it finished 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

I wonder why she didn't kill him after all that he has done to her family? 

• Like 4

彭小苒 (Peng XiaoRan) posted some of the behind scenes of hers in her Weibo (Feb/17/2019 - 2.01pm KST)

YKibVD_Wq5K-5cf2PgwRkK3-sQsoiwLb2QT2O_WnKPLY_DGr4K7yr6M7LA2O4r0MbOtKYiU2lQVVQrOh

Spoiler

40v1u8SeaUF9nXQfuTJPHgBMjB6sePP-0OzjR8yOJJR8uxRolSet5P9WjZt3gD-Wqanyw9AMuVjH2pCm2kWhXmmUIEXsObvDr2-QhIrSs3DCnrQOgu28qGG8PAxTdPv6zM5ns7R1q7xbyvXh56ueIu5Q1Jzpla6HNdrwIZIIVZUAlyXHc9G0afwdymHO6yKdDM_poEuDrlnX0dGoFaIyWpP_tG58xx4S8XORk0EeVVNnt9U6

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mizkorea said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I assume because she loves him and after she was betrayed her only wish was to get away from him

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, 12blbl said:
  Hide contents

After reading the spoilers, it seems the male lead is a jerk lol. So my take to the spoilers, the girl jumped to the river because the guy betrayed her and he followed her, that’s already tragic, but then they survived, met again, rewind the romance and at the end she jump off the wall without him followed her. The story has double tragic lol, i better watch after it finished 

I don't think she jumped in the river to kill herself. The river she jumped into was a very special river. Drinking the water from that river makes you forget your pain and your regrets. I'm not sure about the details though. I'm guessing you forget what you want to forget and remember everything else. Like similar to Bai Qian drinking that wine ZheYan made to forget YeHua in TMOPB.

Book ending spoiler....don't open if you don't wanna know.

Spoiler

And at the end he did try to jump after her...but his guards grabbed him and held him back. If I remember right when she was falling down, she smiled and called him GXW and told him she wanted to forget him for an eternity....thats when he remembered everything.

3 hours ago, mizkorea said:
  Hide contents

Because she felt guilty? Maybe she thought more than him she was the one responsible for her family's end. She was the one who brought him into her family which then caused their destruction. After she forgot him she had no reason to kill him, she even fell for him all over again. And after she remembered everything she was too powerless, heartbroken and in pain that she just wanted to leave the palace and go back to her home.

Book spoiler....don't open if you don't wanna know.

Spoiler

In the book, the night she escaped from him, she did try to cut his throat after she drugged him. But after just barely cutting through his skin, she started crying and couldn't do it.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 12blbl said:
  Hide contents

Well in the novel in the very end she jumped off a cliff to die and he wanted to go after her but his soldiers were holding him back that’s why. 

But, I do agree he was a jerk in the novel but the drama as of the first 8 eps they made his character seem better. You can see why he did it for revenge for his brother death and he thought those people were cruel to the Han people. Just my thought. Lol

• Like 3

I already know this will be a heartbreaking mess but still excited to watch this. 

2 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

Well in the novel in the very end she jumped off a cliff to die and he wanted to go after her but his soldiers were holding him back that’s why. 

But, I do agree he was a jerk in the novel but the drama as of the first 8 eps they made his character seem better. You can see why he did it for revenge for his brother death and he thought those people were cruel to the Han people. Just my thought. Lol

Spoiler

So she died at the end???

• Like 2