Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

14 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Thsi is so good.. albeit copy of japanese drama.. BUT so good.. casting is so bang on

@enigmatic_zephy What drama is that? I wonder if were thinking the same. I mentioned  in page 1 story reminded me of "Kazoku no Katachi "well made, well written witty drama. Also SH character kinda reminded me of Oguri Shun in Rich Man, Poor Woman. 

3 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Episode 2 was everything I loved about episode 1 ramped up yet more - :heart::heart:

Gorgeous JSM looking literally distractingly pretty, and so much Arsenal fun! Seriously, this Drama is like Fever Pitch - the book (and original film) - it resonates even more if you're a longtime Gooner. I think I'm really, REALLY going to love this Drama

@stuartjmz Heya! we're watching same drama again. Drama is good! And jongski  happy to see other  familiar Soompiers here :)

Watching episode 2 at the moment. Thoughts and recaps later.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, jongski said:

@enigmatic_zephy What drama is that? I wonder if were thinking the same. I mentioned  in page 1 story reminded me of "Kazoku no Katachi "well made, well written witty drama. Also SH character kinda reminded me of Oguri Shun in Rich Man, Poor Woman. 

@stuartjmz Heya! we're watching same drama again. Drama is good! And jongski  happy to see other  familiar Soompiers here :)

it's remind me of japanese drama "we married as a job" (2016) / nigeru wa haji da ga yaku ni tatsu

http://asianwiki.com/We_Married_as_Job . it was big hit in Japan . Best Drama 2016,  Best Kodansha Manga award 2015

Edited by sa-lik
  • Like 5

@stroppyse ~ can I ask you an odd question?

Spoiler

so I find it a bit strange that she seems to develop a regional accent when she speaks with her family but otherwise, she has a normal kdrama (seoul?) accent. is that normal? because her family members dont drop the accent but she does. haven't noticed this in other kdramas; usually if they have a regional accent, they have it all the time...

and what do folks think about his whole speech about cats in ep 1? makes me wonder if he personally identifies with cats in some way...

• Like 8

On 8/3/2017 at 5:56 AM, Go Seung Ji said:

Anyone knew what does the writing on the sky means? Just asking if it is actually meaningful quote or anything.

Thank you :)

Edited by Ais1ing
Please do not quote images
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jongski said:

i didn't watch it but came out in 2015 or 2016. was a major hit. Story is essentially a girl gets fired due to economic slowdown.. takes up a job of cleaning lady.. had to visit once a week and clean it.. the man is a nerdy guy.. and obviously with high demands and no cleaning lady meets his demands... 

anyway contract job begins.. both haven't seen each other...so when they finally do. ( sthg happenes in between) he proposes her and she accepts (Just like that)

Because, man's logic is that housewife's or house chores are a lot of work and the person doing it should get paid.. so he will marry her, given her place to stay etc etc and pay her..

she is out of job, likes cleaning and when she realizes she will have stability accepts marriage..

this is ep 1 :)

And then the love story begins

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Done with Episode two. Well written. Smart. Good dialogues. Lee Min Ki as Se Hee  always has an explanation  for everything, in his  odd quirky like charm and charisma. Hard to resist whilst Jung So Min as Ji Ho....my favorite character in current kdrama! 

Appreciating Jung So Min  wonderful acting and Lee Min Ki  as the odd quirky one. Thumbs up.

Ep2 Title: Because It's My First Kiss ✓

Oh gosh SH is such a data statistician.. and a damn Arsenal FC fan. Calculated the moves, the risk,  how he's going to end up paying for his loans a by using rental payments he can get from housemate.  He came up with the criteria through data from all the list of all his past housemates. I got confused, actually.

But the one that made me ponder and smile then laugh when He calculated the kiss an. JH was saying sorry that she kissed him. SH  understood and said it wasn't an accoted "attacked" on him. SH described it more as an OFFSIDE. (Hah!  using football vernacular)

SH said "It was like an offside when you attacked me when I was defenseless"  JH just nods her head and says yes, offside. She asked if he'd been super upset. SH said he would've have been as well upset.  Then explained "upset involves emotions when people are unexpectedly attacked, they feel perplexed and unpleasant" to which JH clarified  she didn't attacked him. Hah. She didn't, she acted impulsive.

Cut to another scene  they had another conversation. He wants to know why she kissed him.  She explained  she haven't been in relationship, haven't kissed anyone. But that will happen anyway- talking about the kiss. That you can date when you have time and mone  hich she says she neither have.  JH:  "normally you have to date to kiss someone. I thought that will never happen. That's why." Aww. Hug this girl!  She asked if he understood  why she kissed him.  SH said yes.. and then his explanations. "Yes relation cost you something. Whether is time, money, or emotions. You wanted to bring out a result without any cost. That's why you kissed me." JH just nods and says yes  ( like we are. Haha). He continues.. "You're not looking for any kind of love relationship either. JH no no. no shaking her head..  saying she's busy and tied with work.  SH said it's perfect.

He showed the data /statistics and criteria to which she got the highest score also has the disqualification criteria. SH explains, that's also the advantage, she will be disqualified (as housemate.. I know it's complicated, lol) if there's ever chance she might fall in love or feelings are involved. But that will never happen assures SH ( yeaaaaaah? ha ha) "you're not my type" to which SH "the feeling is mutual" ( yeaaaaah? ha ha) and my smiled turned in wide grin  then I  laugh.  I'm like.....oh yeaaah? really now? Ha ha ha :D

Scene where she met the PD for her "Turtle Room" script for new drama she's working.  The 'senior' writer  ( she worked for as assistant,  earlier)  was brought in again. Because. They actually didn't trust her..  the more experience writer saying like.. "oh I wouldn't take an assistant's work. I'm here to help."  Of course what else can se ay but be polite and just nods her head. But of course, sknew already what's going to happen.  You think this  scenario happens IRL in kdrama industry?

Their couch conversation  whilst watching the Premiere League match.  Ah, the joy of having compatibility.  Both liking football and same team.  After wards she  asked how long he needs to pay loan ( 30 years he said), why he's not getting married to which he said "the house, kitty, and myself, I'm willing to bear these three things only". Hah. he will remain single... (oh yeaaaaah? ha ha), then she said, "then you'll have to work all life just for this house" to which he answered yes " there's nothing more certain than property in this country." you should know better. " Yeeeouch!  And that got me LOL. He's one smart dude! smart alec, dry sense of humor.  So she was like ooooh okay, while staring at him.  She then mentioned seeing nearby hospital to which he explained  it's one of the reasons why he chose to live nearby and advantageous in his later years of life ( yes, you're wise.. ha ha) pointed out, that her room will be his death room..... ooooh why you like

Ending scenes.  Dark tunnel of events for her.  SH mom came, JH had to leave and find a place to stay. She was looked or thought of indifferently  at during  meeting with (college) friends at a wedding. Senior writer, starting to impose her trashy ideas and contradict what JH wrote  with her script.  a-hole guy of 3 years, drunk barged in to her small rented room, drunk and  tried to rape her.  She had nowhere to go. Thought of calling  one of her friends, Tried to go back to her own house but....decided against ti hearing the brother and young wife.

JH voice over....

"But there's a side you don't want to show to your friends.  Sometimes, your family can be the least close people to you. When I decided to follow my dream, I thought my life would be like walking through dark tunnel.  But I didn't know it was going to be... this dark. I didn't know it's going to be... this lonely.  How much longer do I have to go?"

And she cried her frustration and emotions inside the tunnel and found her going back to SH place. SH  going back inside  saw her.... and there she was with him on the couch watching football, drinking can of beer.  This is their comfort. She made up an excuse about  dream which made her end up at his place   SH knew  went along saying oh a bad dream.

But SH suddenly made proposition to her "If you have sometime.. will you...Marry Me?"

JH voice over....

"Back then I just wanted to literally fall into something. Whether it's manhole or big hole. It didn't matter......

JH: " Yes"

......I just want to sleep well tonight."

End of  Ep2. Wow again this drama got me good.  You can definitely tell. My post/recap is so long!  Oh boy,  that was quick proposal.. no doubt he calculated the risk, the end result. He studied the pros and cons. But... but perhaps...there is something that triggered in his lonely existence.

Jongski's wish.. please be together live happily ever after: I know it's only episode 2 but what the heck!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@Lmangla, I didn't find it odd that she switches accents when she talks with her family versus when she talks to other people. People who speak with regional accents are looked down upon as being hicks or country bumpkins. Of the various urban accents, the Seoul accent is considered the most sophisticated and educated. Part of that has to do with culture and history. Also, Seoul is the the capital as well as the most populous city with the best national universities and the headquarters for a lot of companies. So, Korean people will cultivate Seoul accents, especially for a white collar profession or the arts, so that it doesn't potentially hinder their careers especially with their Seoul based peers.

This theme is quite common in kdramas actually. Not sure if you saw it, but in Reply 1997, Yoon Yoon Jae when he is a serving judge in Seoul speaks with a Seoul accent, but reverts to speaking in his Busan accent to his gf/wife as well as his friends. The female lead character Sung Shi Won, on the other hand, gets grief for not having lost her regional accent despite going to university in Seoul, to which SW responds that she never had a chance to develop a Seoul accent since all of her friends at uni also spoke with a regional accent.

Jung Yong Hwa of CNBlue is also originally from near Busan and has talked about working hard to lose his southern accent so that he would be taken more seriously at the start of his career. His character in the drama You're Beautiful talks about it as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

Spoiler

That made me realise that HR boyfriend is the CTO and so work woith the two other male leads.

Will a young hit on JH and does SH got an ex or something like that ?

Edited by Ais1ing
Please do not quote images
  • Like 3

U JI – DRAWING A STAR (별 그림) BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST LIFE OST

All day, I think of you
All day, back and forth
I count the endless stars

Without time to rest
Everything passes by again today

Lalala lalala lalala lalala
I’m thinking about you
As I quietly smile

Without anyone knowing
I’m drawing out the countless stars
Without anyone knowing
I’m quietly closing my eyes

All day, back and forth
Everyone looks for me
All day, up and down
I just can’t figure it out

Without time to rest
Everything passes by again today

I’m thinking about you
As I quietly smile

Without anyone knowing
I’m drawing out the countless stars
Without anyone knowing
I’m quietly closing my eyes

I’m thinking about you
As I quietly smile

Thanks to POPGASA

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I just started the drama out of curiosity without reading any synopsis and I really like it. Her walk through the tunnel moved me so much it made me cry since it reminded me of a time in my own life. I can't wait for the next episodes.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

After watching episode 2 with subs, I can't wait to see where this drama is heading. I didn't expect a marriage proposal.....:wub:  I'm interested in the following:

1. Will the really marry?

2. Will she find her success? (I have to admit, I would have been upset too if someone took my story and completely changed it to one of those stupid plot dramas.......love the way this writer is making fun of his trade).

3. What is going to happen in the next 14 episodes?

Loving this drama.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, daloula said:

I just started the drama out of curiosity without reading any synopsis and I really like it. Her walk through the tunnel moved me so much it made me cry since it reminded me of a time in my own life. I can't wait for the next episodes.

@daloula, I really liked that scene too. I know I had a moment similar in my life and I could really feel that loss, but not sure where to turn. I especially loved the line after his proposal when she said she just wanted to sleep.  I have to admit that she's one of my favorite actresses, she can really get into different roles and become a different character.  I would like to see her play another character like she did in the drama Big Man--she stole the show from the lead actress IMO, to the point they started decreasing her scenes.

Looking forward to next week.

• Like 5

Hi everyone, introduce myself.. I'm not hard core fans of both cast, but i'm quiet enjoying of their project. LMK since shut up flower boyband, JSM since playfull kiss. Their project and acting are enjoying and recommendated. Eventually since ep 1, i'm falling in love with their characters and its story and all.. Hahha... Ji Hoo and Se Hee have similirities and their differences is their weirdness.. Hahha.. So compatible. Hope forward, i can enjoy watch it till the end with laugh, smile, sad (i'm sad watch a scene in Ji Hoo family), and since it is aired in tvn, hope will see load of kissess, huggess, etc. Hahha

• Like 5

I think everyone has already expressed the same feels i got watching the 2 episodes of the drama. I like the fast pace so far. LMK as SH intrigues me. Why is he so stiff and detailed? I laughed that his loan is payable for 30 years? Did i catch it right?  He seemed to be intovert with only his cat as his companion. While JSM as JH seems adaptable even though she suffers alone. Find it funny that the same senior writer in this drama played exact role in TOL. Love that JH was able to express her thoughts on not liking the way the senior writer is making revissions on her story. At least she can be blunt when she needs to. i thought she would be timid.

That proposal was unexpected. Just like the kiss. Will we have unexpected twist every episode ending?:)

• Like 12

thanks @stroppyse for the explanation; guess I found it weird as people I know never quite lose their regional trill even if they live in more urban areas for decades. but then again, it is not like the accent could be a job impediment here and so there is no incentive to lose it... another question I had was the names. so is Ji Ho a really masculine sounding name? is it because of the meaning? made me wonder if her dad gave her a masculine name because he wanted a boy or something like that.. and what about See Hee? is that a feminine sounding name too? is there a meaning behind it as well?

waving at @daloula ~ hey ya! :) agree with you, really felt in the tunnel scene and it is something we can relate as we all have that kind of tunnel scene moment in our life. especially, when you feel like you have no one to turn to even though there are people in your life but you don't want to show them a side of you. there is nothing more lonely than being surrounded by people and yet feel utterly alone. more than romance, there really seems to be a kind of quiet loneliness and desperation in the drama. it is all poignant but it would be depressing if that mood remains till the end.

@lclarakl ~ yea, someone changing your story would be so frustrating and maddening. while the jerk assistant PD was awful, it seemed that he too was filled with a sense of desperation and anger that he wasn't quite making what he wanted to do. he had to bite his tongue and do stupid drama because that is the way of the world. in a way, her refusing to do the drama the way the makjang writer was suggesting meant the PDs would also be losing their opportunity to advance a little to the frontlines. 

guess, this is the dilemma that people in creative fields especially go through. if you have to make money enough to eat, then there has to be compromises. but then again, do you make so much compromises where you lose the joy of doing what you love and it starts to give you pain? but if you insist on doing your thing but there's no audience for it, then what exactly is the point? more than a romance, this drama seems to be leaning more towards question #2 that you wrote -- will she find her version of success? 

8 hours ago, jongski said:

Oh boy,  that was quick proposal.. no doubt he calculated the risk, the end result. He studied the pros and cons. But... but perhaps...there is something that triggered in his lonely existence.

it seemed more like an impulse triggered by his own loneliness as well @jongski; like you said, he knew that it was more than a bad dream that brought her there but he is perceptive enough to not just say anything. he really conveyed the loneliness of dating for the sake of it when he sighs and wonders whether he needs to text his blind date. there's not much conversation to have... based on the snippet of his family -- his mom is taking anxiety pills and worries she will get divorced if her son doesn't marry -- it feels like he doesn't see marriage or family as a positive experience. he also described marriage as doing military service again. hahahaha...

in ep 1, when they discussed the kiss, he said that relationships always cost us something whether it is emotions and energy. it is such a negative way of looking at relationships and sad that he doesn't see relationships as positive enriching but it also shows his kind of weariness where he constantly feels drained by the people in his life. in that way, both of them are similar and there is this fantastic comfort level with each other where they feel so relaxed to just watch a football game together. it is like they want people and company but folks they know just drain them out. so seeking someone who doesn't do that to you would be a kind of safe haven no? a place where you feel safe enough to just sleep and rest? so it didn't feel weird or out of place that he would propose marriage though he probably has some very practical outline of how it would all work out.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it seemed more like an impulse triggered by his own loneliness as well @jongski; like you said, he knew that it was more than a bad dream that brought her there but he is perceptive enough to not just say anything. he really conveyed the loneliness of dating for the sake of it when he sighs and wonders whether he needs to text his blind date. there's not much conversation to have... based on the snippet of his family -- his mom is taking anxiety pills and worries she will get divorced if her son doesn't marry -- it feels like he doesn't see marriage or family as a positive experience. he also described marriage as doing military service again. hahahaha...

in ep 1, when they discussed the kiss, he said that relationships always cost us something whether it is emotions and energy. it is such a negative way of looking at relationships and sad that he doesn't see relationships as positive enriching but it also shows his kind of weariness where he constantly feels drained by the people in his life. in that way, both of them are similar and there is this fantastic comfort level with each other where they feel so relaxed to just watch a football game together. it is like they want people and company but folks they know just drain them out. so seeking someone who doesn't do that to you would be a kind of safe haven no? a place where you feel safe enough to just sleep and rest? so it didn't feel weird or out of place that he would propose marriage though he probably has some very practical outline of how it would all work out.

Love your analysis of SH and JH! I'm lurking here because I'm still trying to recover from my withdrawal from MFIS. :bawling: But I'm loving this show so far! I hope that the two leads continue to be weird and compatible! :tongue:

• Like 13