Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

3 hours ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

New BTS.

Credit:  dreamgreenkintex, jung so min bar weibo

Reveal hidden contents

both are in the same outfit as the previous bts captured at night where they 'seemed' to be holding hands. B)

20171022_231457.png

omg wow are they already live shooting? Ooof, fighting to our main leads and everyone within the drama. I hope they'll be ok by the end of the series especially since they are already shooting this early on. :( 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, __jesse said:

The Graduate

“This is Benjamin. He’s a little worried about his future.”

The same can be said of Jiho. Even though she graduated from Seoul National University, her future remains bleak and worrisome. All the posters I’ve seen of the Graduate shows Ben being seduced by Mrs Robinson. But Jiho chose a poster of Ben and Elaine, I hope that means there’ll be no Mrs Robinson in the picture – PHEW.

In The Graduate, the story went full circle. It starts with Ben, who just graduated from college. He goes home and everyone asks him about his future plans, but he has no idea and tries to evade them. It ends with Ben eloping with Elaine, and everyone on the bus turns to stare at them. They gradually become uneasy as the same sense of uncertainty about the future sinks in. 

It seems appropriate then, that BTIMFL's story starts at the end of The Graduate, since the contract marriage is Jiho and Sehee's attempt to escape this endless cycle of uncertainty. For Jiho, it's the uncertainty of having a roof over her head. For Sehee, it's the endless cycle of blind dates and bad tenants. 

This is such a smart drama and it is fresh and romantic.  It is interesting to me that the screenplay JH is writing is also a fresh new romance.  She breaks down because the older writer comes in and immediately dumbs it down into a formula makjang (not knocking formula makjang - which in the hands of a masterful writer can be great, take Dickens for instance and even Shakespeare comedies).  She wants to use her energy to create a new approach.  But new, is scary and can fail.  

The Graduate couple were breaking away.  She was going to marry the safe Medical student (who was a classic macho  pig, by the way, bragging about his conquests) and he was on the brink of "the great abyss" graduating and making a decision about the future. He was used as a sex tool by the mother of the bride, a sophisticated, lusty, desperate housewife.  Now he was running off with her daughter- ouch.  They both were leaving  the  safe harbor of a corrupt imperfect and morally challenged world of the older generation.

I do not see a direct parallel of the stories but as    @__jesse said, they have made a bold move to extricate themselves from the formula, the pattern that was set up by the older generation and facing an uncertain future, the unknown territory of a relationship that is not protected by the culture and traditions that are now failing them and no longer make sense to their lives.  

• Like 17

3 hours ago, VanillaSalt said:

omg wow are they already live shooting? Ooof, fighting to our main leads and everyone within the drama. I hope they'll be ok by the end of the series especially since they are already shooting this early on. :( 

I think it could be for EP 8 or even later. The previews for this show has been 2 episodes ahead so far, so I think they might be quite ahead of time. The next 2 episodes will probably be devoted to the theme 'My first wedding' .

Can't wait for tonight! Thank God it's Monday :)

• Like 13

On 22/10/2017 at 12:03 AM, bedifferent said:

hahaha I'm waiting to see how JiHo's first time meeting SeHee parents will go.  SeHee is their only son, that comes with expectations and some sort of protectiveness.  I laughed at the thought of both inlaws meeting each other for first time as well. What kind of animal sound will we hear from his father? :lol:

Because this is their first time being parents...  :) I just find it's funny how JiHo is not her dad's princess.  Is it because she is an independent responsible soul even when she was a little girl?  We don't see a Father of the Bride display here. Yet anyway.  What kind of father takes the first bite out of a little girl's cake without giving her the first piece on her birthday?  lol  Let me call my own dad and ask him about it! 

Don't bother. Because there's a huge probability that your dad thinks of you as his princess but JiHo's dad doesn't at all. She became an independent responsible soul because she had no one to fall back on - neither her man-first father nor her naive mother. She'd be happy enough if her brother doesn't cause any trouble that she has to fix. Her dad probably thinks of her as a chambermaid, like she's some kind of employee there to work for him and all male-kind. When he got worked up over her living with a guy, that was because his chauvinistic male pride was taking a hit - his female offspring isn't "chaste", ~what will the people think?!~ SeHee's declaration that he won't let her hands get wet (I'm still guffawing over that hilariously nonsensical line and his very displeased reaction to that lack of logic) just makes him feel better about himself - at least she's not unwanted!! Good for his image as her father!!

I'm thinking that SeHee's dad's jaw will just drop upon meeting JiHo and hearing that she's his fiancée. After all the screaming, screeching and threats, he suddenly comes with not a date but a fiancée. LOL, what just happened there???? He probably doesn't care much about her background, just as long as she's female, has a working womb that can give birth to a son and this is actually for real .

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks Lord it's Monday! I can't wait to see this odd couple start to fall in love to each other :rolleyes: because of this drama, I've been looking for Lee min ki previous project. Then I was stuck on his movie Spellbound. I never thought it was Lee minki! I watched it in 2012. Woah so long ago. But I was too afraid to enjoy the movie because the ghosts are scary. I redownloaded it some days ago and I was surprised with how difference lee minki in that movie with in this drama. 

Totally enjoy this shooow!!!

And yesss! The bride is sooo beautiful :heart:

Edited by lilipedmarsh
  • Like 13

BTS Part 13. Enjoy! :) (edit. replace the BTS with the one with sound...)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, camichi said:

I wonder if they are going to kiss in the wedding  yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-12.gif?1301940164 I think they have to.

Welp, great thing that it won't be their first time, hee.

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, camichi said:

I wonder if they are going to kiss in the wedding  yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-12.gif?1301940164 I think they have to.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.  I think SH will freak-out that's why at the end of episode 4,  they're in the bus, running away from their wedding reception.  :lol:  They both agreed not to do anything about wedding ceremony and ended having one.  And probably on their first night as a married couple, SH will make sure to double lock his door. LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Okay so I am late here right?? Oh yes I am!!

Anyways, hello guys!!

Let's watch this wonderful show and just be surprised every week at how on point this show is about most of our lives. :D

• Like 11

@b4l01 I just want to say how crazily full your drama plate is.... how do you do it?  :lol:  Good choice, I currently watch 3 dramas on your list.

@__jesse thank you for the explanation of A Lucky Day, enjoy reading all your thoughts about the movie references.  A lot of us notice that the posters and movies are deliberately chosen.  Thank you for connecting the dots for me.

OST3 will be released on Oct 23rd.

image_readtop_2017_698360_15087165283071

New stills of WS and HR trying to reconcile I think.  Credit" SEDaily

1OMEHWJAMR_1.jpg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

OST3 will be released on Oct 23rd.

Se Hee/LMK smiling is such a delight.

This is my first time watching LMK and he seems to fit the role so well!

I relate to the character Se Hee in a lot of ways and its nice to see an actor pull it off well.. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

@b4l01 I just want to say how crazily full your drama plate is.... how do you do it?  :lol:  Good choice, I currently watch 3 dramas on your list.

Simply because it's my daily meal.  :wink:  I take breakfast while watching drama.  I eat lunch in the office, watching drama.  My dinner is watching drama.  To top it all, I don't sleep at all.   LOL

Woah! today is Monday.  I can't wait to see SH and JH odd wedding. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3