Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Recommended Posts

Talking about comments in DB, I found this poetic one beautiful

 

8 Kimbap

November 17, 2017 at 8:25 PM

A little more than a month ago we had 9 dramas premiering. I felt like I participated in a speed dating event, and in a couple weeks my soulmate had emerged. BTLIOF makes me giggle and giddy but also challenges me intellectually. Because This Life Is Our First makes me, for the first time in my life, feeling that drama monogamy is possible.

I do still keep one other company on the weekend. At last Miss Jang is too charming for me not to indulge in wallowing in her pathos.
With GBS’s impending departure, I will always think of her fondly and appreciate the time we have spent together, and who knows? Maybe in the future I will even visit for old time’s sake.

BTLIOF, I am devoted to every part of you. The images of you linger on my mind, the turns of your phrases are to be savored, and the sound of you has permeated in my air. I am in awe by the creation and the existence of you. I look forward to every passing hour because it brings me closer to knowing you a little deeper (past), experiencing all of your delights (present), and learning new parts of you that again and again exceed my expectation (future). Someone like you who has come is indeed a tremendous thing. Thank you.

 7

 2

REPLY

Jig

November 17, 2017 at 8:46 PM

You need to write this on pink stationary with a sparkly gel pen, spray it with some perfume, and send it to the production of BTLIOF. Or better yet, pass it to me first so I can sign my name to it, too.

 3

 1

REPLY

Kimbap

November 17, 2017 at 9:10 PM

 Instead of signing, we should just pucker up our lips Se-hee style (as in Ji-ho’s fantasy) and kiss the letter with pink lip gloss as ink.

For your eyes only, BTLIOF.

 3

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, lufra said:

Helloooo...Try as I might, I can't stop thinking about this drama. And I enjoy reading the posts by the First Lifers in here very much.

You guys rock! B)

 

In my BTIMFL love-warped mind, SH was interested in JH as early as Chapter 1 (shriek! I'm dying! :wub:):-

 

1) SH stared silently at JH's face for long moments when she first interrupted him watching football on his handphone. And during all the time she was busy apologising and clarifying to him. She was too too pretty, eh SH?

2) When SH asked JH if she was an Arsenal fan. JH had already begun walking away from him. To try make JH stop walking away?

3) SH shared watching the match with JH. So welcoming, no cold shoulder or robotic cutting remark to JH.

4) SH voiced out that JH's male colleague/crush, must be JH's boyfriend. How would SH know that from just one glance to the guy? Did he observe them before? Even before he walked through in between them outside the ladies/gents? Why make that comment, if not angling for some kind of response from JH?

5) SH's flickering facial expression when JH negated his statement. Was that a flicker of relief on his face? That JH was still unattached?

6) SH gulped & his Adam's apple bobbed when JH said that guy almost asked her out a while ago. Trying to subdue some strong emotion on his part?

7) At the bus stop, SH submitted to JH's request to take the bus instead of the subway & returned to the bus stop/her. 

8) When seated at the bus stop, SH was the one who started the conversation first. SH even let slip something about himself/his personal habit/life.

9) SH listened to JH's woes & comforted her with his monotonous monologue. Felt as if it was an essay by his standards because it was not shown that he could talk at length before that.

10) SH did not turn down JH's handshake offer & even smiled warmly & sweetly at her. Felt like that was his first warm smile since the beginning of the drama.

11) SH looked stunned after JH's kiss, but not disgusted. Ha! Has SH's inner Sleeping Beauty self been woken up?

 

JH was also interested in SH, though starting a bit later in Chapter 1:-

 

1) JH asked for SH's name at the bus-stop. Why ask if she did not wish to get to know more about SH?

2) JH felt a bit sad thinking she could never meet SH again (little did she know..)

3) JH was already looking at SH's lips when SH was speaking during their handshake.

4) JH kissed SH! And smiled a big fat Cheshire Cat smile to herself in the bus!

 

Golly, am I a certified loony? Am I investing too much time looking into the behaviour of fictional BTIMFL characters? Yes! Because they felt oh so real. Can't believe I am out of hibernation & into this forum just because of this drama. 

And gone are my usual dread for Mondays.:tongue:

Cheers to all First Lifers! Signing out now! :heart:

I agree with you, SH's actions during their first meeting is already a giveaway of his thoughts/feelings for JH. I love the way his face lit up when he shook hands with JH (close up to face black & white then SH's image became colored). That's why their first meeting in ep 1 is my must-watch every morning lol good vibes, good vibes

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Speaking of PPLs, they should do one where SH sips red ginseng and slow mo walks to JH. JH is holding a cup of Kanu coffee while staring out the window. SH gives her a back hug and kisses her neck. The camera lingers on her neck and we see the Swarovski earring SH gave her. Then JH, who is into it the neck kiss, spills coffee on her shirt.

 

SH looks at her and says, "You spilled coffee on your shirt. Are you going to take it off or do you want me to do it for you?" JH says, "I want you to take it off for me." SH takes JH's shirt off and the camera focuses on JH wearing Wonderbra. SH expertly removes the hook, For the Emperor style, then they kiss some more and do it... on the massage chair. :D It improves the "experience" because it's vibrating. :D

 

Am I doing PPLs right?

 

You just  killed me OMG. What an imagination. I could see in my pervert mind the whole scene.  I just waked up, is 7 morning and came to my PC while drinking a coffee, I must be sick. I think this drama is a very contagious disease and everybody here is infected.

 

pink kitty purring hug emoticon

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, camichi said:

 

You just  killed me OMG. What an imagination. I could see in my pervert mind the whole scene.  I just waked up, is 7 morning and came to my PC while drinking a coffee, I must be sick. I think this drama is a very contagious disease and everybody here is infected.

 

pink kitty purring hug emoticon

Maybe after doing it, SH and JH are snuggling on the couch naked, underneath a blanket,  drinking Cass while watching TV. :D

 

It's win-win for everyone right? The producers and brands get their PPLs, and the audience gets what they want! :D

  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lufra said:

Helloooo...Try as I might, I can't stop thinking about this drama. And I enjoy reading the posts by the First Lifers in here very much.

You guys rock! B)

 

In my BTIMFL love-warped mind, SH was interested in JH as early as Chapter 1 (shriek! I'm dying! :wub:):-

 

1) SH stared silently at JH's face for long moments when she first interrupted him watching football on his handphone. And during all the time she was busy apologising and clarifying to him. She was too too pretty, eh SH?

2) When SH asked JH if she was an Arsenal fan. JH had already begun walking away from him. To try make JH stop walking away?

3) SH shared watching the match with JH. So welcoming, no cold shoulder or robotic cutting remark to JH.

4) SH voiced out that JH's male colleague/crush, must be JH's boyfriend. How would SH know that from just one glance to the guy? Did he observe them before? Even before he walked through in between them outside the ladies/gents? Why make that comment, if not angling for some kind of response from JH?

5) SH's flickering facial expression when JH negated his statement. Was that a flicker of relief on his face? That JH was still unattached?

6) SH gulped & his Adam's apple bobbed when JH said that guy almost asked her out a while ago. Trying to subdue some strong emotion on his part?

7) At the bus stop, SH submitted to JH's request to take the bus instead of the subway & returned to the bus stop/her. 

8) When seated at the bus stop, SH was the one who started the conversation first. SH even let slip something about himself/his personal habit/life.

9) SH listened to JH's woes & comforted her with his monotonous monologue. Felt as if it was an essay by his standards because it was not shown that he could talk at length before that.

10) SH did not turn down JH's handshake offer & even smiled warmly & sweetly at her. Felt like that was his first warm smile since the beginning of the drama.

11) SH looked stunned after JH's kiss, but not disgusted. Ha! Has SH's inner Sleeping Beauty self been woken up?

 

JH was also interested in SH, though starting a bit later in Chapter 1:-

 

1) JH asked for SH's name at the bus-stop. Why ask if she did not wish to get to know more about SH?

2) JH felt a bit sad thinking she could never meet SH again (little did she know..)

3) JH was already looking at SH's lips when SH was speaking during their handshake.

4) JH kissed SH! And smiled a big fat Cheshire Cat smile to herself in the bus!

 

Golly, am I a certified loony? Am I investing too much time looking into the behaviour of fictional BTIMFL characters? Yes! Because they felt oh so real. Can't believe I am out of hibernation & into this forum just because of this drama. 

And gone are my usual dread for Mondays.:tongue:

Cheers to all First Lifers! Signing out now! :heart:

Yes @lufra my exact same sentiments too! I was always thinking.... Why would he stop a stranger from leaving?  Why have such intimate conversation with Ji Ho?? He must be interested in her! 

 

You know in episode 2 when they bumped into each other in the lift..   He was not exactly annoyed but he was swallowing his saliva! I always wondered why they would show us that... Hahaha.. Maybe he has other thoughts...

 

Now that i think about it... He locked his room door because he is afraid he will pounced on her! Hehe

 

I am rewatching all the episodes again to focus on se hee showed that he likes ji ho!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SeHee was never robotic, even from the beginning. He was quite nice and warm to BoMi as well in first episodes , i  rewatched it and noticed their conversations were cute.

So I mean he probably liked JiHo from the beginning, but him being nice to JiHo in the beginning doesn't seem something special or unusual. He is naturally nice and warm person, and she also was a nice and beautiful, so of course he'd want to pay some attention to her, just like he does with BoMi because she is a respectful and cute colleague. Just my opinion.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the matter on if SH  fell for JH at the beginning I want to share this thought I found on tumblr that imo says it all. “When Se Hee’s ex told Se Hee to not mention the word “our” during their breakup, I realized that right from the beginning, Se Hee knew the exact implications and meanings of saying “our” to Ji Ho.” http://just-invisible.tumblr.com/post/167513586578/when-se-hees-ex-told-se-hee-to-not-mention-the

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Stars = Romance 

 

giphy.gif

 

When you can’t feel the love…

38441038446_c488ecd815_o.jpg

 

When you’re hopelessly in love…

38441038626_d4d96d3ed3_o.jpg

 

More under spoiler:

Spoiler

 

When you yearn for love, listen to…

24624452828_1a24bcf4b3_o.jpg

 

City of stars

Are you shining just for me?

City of stars

There's so much that I can't see

Who knows?

Is this the start of something wonderful and new?

Or one more dream that I cannot make true?

 

Whether you’re in the countryside…

38464620502_b4272c9b97_o.jpg

 

Or in the city…

24624453258_295e5474d8_o.jpg

 

If you wish to gift a love token, of course it should be shaped like…

38441039306_d18c0a74b7_o.jpg

(JM helping JH wear earrings = she will help JH attain her love?)

 

Last but definitely not the least.

 

When you make love, it’s called…

38464620712_3773c60c24_o.jpg

(Will we see another episode of Star Wars in ep 13???)

 

:wub:

 

 

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't know if this has been shared already, but look at how LMK offered to open JSM's bottle. He didn't even glance at her yet he knew SM's struggling. Hmmm LMK's peripheral vision is working so much here. :tongue:

  •  
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, Im curious - is there a Soompi forum thread for Lee Min Ki and Jung So Min? Im trying very hard not to ship them but ahhhhhhh. Its hard.  (Also because the only OTP I've ever shipped was SongsongCouple and they got married, so Im pretty confident lol).

  • Like 12
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Small Wish for the beginning of ep 13... judging from the preview, it looks like Se Hee woke up first. And we all know how Ji Ho sleeps deeply when she’s comfortable or exhausted. I hope he wakes up to find her snuggled against him. And I hope he smiles when he discovers that. And maybe he’ll plant a kiss on her forehead (not too farfetched. Having done the beach kiss, sweet kisses shouldn’t be such a stretch.) or gently sweep her hair from her face to get a better look at her. And I hope we’ll get another look of unrestrained joy and love from him similar to Ji Ho’s lovesick stares at the back of his messy bed head. 

 

Then the spell will be broken when she snores. Loudly. And he’ll dodge a limb or two from hitting his face when she turns. 

 

:)

 

***

 

I think it’s a major thing that he’ll cook for her. He’s used to box lunches. It’s almost a parallelism to when Ji Ho, on their first day as a married couple, cooked for him/them. Dare I say that this would be their first morning as a real couple?

 

***

 

sheesh. I am already analyzing an ep before it bloody airs. Why am I so obsessed with this drama?!

 

 

On 11/17/2017 at 10:48 PM, lollyminx said:

I hope there will be a scene where after JH's brother's wife gives birth, they leave their baby with JH and SH to babysit for them, and sharing that experience will bring them closer to one another.

 

OR they leave it while SH is home and there's a montage of him struggling with the baby like what happened with the ajummas while they were doing kimchi. Then JH comes home to see him sleeping with the baby because he's tired. Swoon worthy moment for JH watching him that way. :) Dream scene.

 

8 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Speaking of PPLs, they should do one where SH sips red ginseng and slow mo walks to JH. JH is holding a cup of Kanu coffee while staring out the window. SH gives her a back hug and kisses her neck. The camera lingers on her neck and we see the Swarovski earring SH gave her. Then JH, who is into it the neck kiss, spills coffee on her shirt.

 

SH looks at her and says, "You spilled coffee on your shirt. Are you going to take it off or do you want me to do it for you?" JH says, "I want you to take it off for me." SH takes JH's shirt off and the camera focuses on JH wearing Wonderbra. SH expertly removes the hook, For the Emperor style, then they kiss some more and do it... on the massage chair. :D It improves the "experience" because it's vibrating. :D

 

Am I doing PPLs right?

 

^^^^omg I swear you guys need to be scriptwriters!! :lol:

 

happy 200th page guys!! & one more day til monday woohooo

  • Like 3
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

Just noticed the wording on SH's sweat shirt in the preview. From 'Just Alone' --->'Not Lonely' :wub:

 

 

 

And that look on his face...!!!!:wub:

 

i swear, this drama and its details! Great catch! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week, we are going to have flash back between SH and SG. It must be the past. No way SG will now wear this kind of clothes. It feels like after his break-up. So more explanations hopefully.

 

8ag2wZ5.png

 

Obviously, SH will find out about JM working/talking with JH. JH has JM business card. I didn’t notice, at first but their clothes are similar. SH looks like Spock with his roll neck.

 

hVVMi2k.png

 

 And finally, something must happen again right here. I hope they give us a kiss, a hug or both. I know it’s difficult with the cat in his hands but not impossible. 

 

GKZHWI0.png

 

 

 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry but

where the heck did SH go when JH was in the restroom and then at the table with JM?! 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, diesy said:

I am sorry but

where the heck did SH go when JH was in the restroom and then at the table with JM?! 

I was wondering about that as well. Didn't he want to sit at the table where JM broke up (?) with him alone when Ji-ho left? Or was it just done conveniently so JM can sit down there for the scene with Ji-ho?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I was wondering about that as well. Didn't he want to sit at the table where JM broke up (?) with him alone when Ji-ho left? Or was it just done conveniently so JM can sit down there for the scene with Ji-ho?

 

Didnt he go to order their drinks ? 

Maybe he saw JM and was stunned and came back after JM left. ( I don’t believe it but...)

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×