Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Letting You Float Like A Dream 许你浮生若梦

Recommended Posts

@node  Thanks! I'll take a look and give it a try... but seeing all these amazing mvs...not sure I am much motivated lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BreezeC said:

@node  Thanks! I'll take a look and give it a try... but seeing all these amazing mvs...not sure I am much motivated lol

Let me know when you have one, I'll share them with my Chinese friends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Yes. Thank you so much! You're my hero! ; )

I've send them a private message in Chinese about request on ig, looks like that account is pretty active so should be able to see my message, let's wait and see what happen.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know at what time the last 20 episodes raw will come out today? I wish to be able to watch a couple of episodes before I am going to sleep today .... I will be in business trip starting this Sunday, so I hope I can finish all 20 episodes by Saturday ..... if not, I am worry that I cannot concentrate on my work :tears:

 

Edit: Nevermind, maplestage already upload up to episode 30. I am off to watch ... Hope I will see the ending uploaded by tomorrow

Edited by xienrue
The question is already answered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I want to ask the actor who plays the main girl's brother, whether, when they were teaching him how to infiltrate earth in alien school, it ever occurred to anyone to let him meet a human being and get acquainted with appropriate human emotions. 

 

Why are there still so many scenes of XJC. Nobody cares about your boring police training. Blegh. Another one. 

Why are they wasting my life with XJC scenes.

 

Btw, if anyone else was wondering, plastic utensils occurred sporadically also before but started to be mass-produced only after WWII.

 

Yay! Dimples guy is back!

 

Aw. So sweet of him to ask for chopsticks.

 

Yes, let's give an idiot with anger management issues more power, yay society... most realistic plot point so far?

 

How did Tian Ying have grandkids when she's clearly infertile to resist LFS? Or is it latent homosexuality rearing its head after a youthful experimentation with XJC?

The new buzzcut guy is totally the granddad right. 

 

Won't wait up for her brother, but stays up for LFS with food. 

Why do I want to say that ZYL is talented in eating? My weakness is him making that whole piece of bread/cake disappear into his mouth in The Legend of Mi Yue. That scene was so well acted. And then a magic trick to top it off.

 

ZYL is doing that thing with his jacket again where he has it off to his elbows. What does it meeaaan?? Who does that? What is this? I've never seen it in real life.

 

A section of one of the background music pieces sounds like windows error notification, it's causing me stress.

 

Finally Tian Ying can be athletic again, we forgot for 29 episodes that she is supposed to kick butts.

 

Finally! I waited 10 000 years for this.

 

WTH, creepy dad.

 

XJC, you win the cartoonish, the cartoonishly pathetic, the cartoonishly selfish and now the cartoonishly evil prizes, congratulations.

 

Um..who is that woman?

 

The Lin family suffers from hereditary prosopagnosia, so sad.

 

Father and son pair of despicable scum. 

 

Episode 35 had some awesome background music, made it sound like LFS was drowning in his emotions. But not in a cheesy way.

 

Poor lady, it's not just your husband that's evil, your son is also evil.

 

Hong sister has the saddest fate.

 

It's not a republlican era drama without some evil japanese / japanese-sympathizer characters.

 

Hahahaha. I totally called it about Lin old man supporting the rival gang! I'm the best illetarate viewer ever ; )

 

The more "plot" there is the more boring it is. XJC just wants all the awards for being crazy.

 

Hahahahahahahaha. Memory loss...... Sigh.

 

Comparing the spy quality in this and in the disguiser is a bit..

 

I'm sorry, am I supposed to feel moved?

 

Gang boss has been practicing melee combat the whole series and the final battle is ranged. He wasted all his skill points.

 

They met in an alternate universe fanfic and lived happily ever after. A nameless woman was sacrificed so that the male character could be a bit more tragic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the power of "fast forward" and "skipping scene" I am finally done watching until the ending. I literally skipping and fast forward nearly all of XJC scene. Seems I will be able to pack my things for my business travel with peaceful mind :D

 

@siobhanne Same, I also don't understand why we need to see lots of police training scene. I skip them .....

 

Starting from episode 29, the story really pains me. In a way I feel happy to feel this much pain because it means the acting really deliver. Seeing LFS vulnerability is so painful. Perhaps ZYL needs to stop acting this type of character for awhile for my sanity. His acting for this type of character (Fu Hong Xue, Lian Cheng Bi, Luo Fu Sheng, etc) really jeopardize my view on how this kind of character must be acted.

 

Thanks to my fast forwarding, the acting of Tian Ci doesn't really annoy me. I just gloss over his scene. In this drama I fell in love with Hong Lan character. She is such a loyal woman. Even in her pain and temper tantrum because of broken heart, deeply she is not able to ignore Luo Fu Sheng completely. In the end she just give up and care for him like always. She understands that her love is only one sided, but she chooses to not forced herself on LFS and just care for him. XJC character in the other hand ..... there is no redeemable point of him even in the end. He just changes from sweet boy to a very vicious man. I am bewildered when watching his development throughout the drama; it seems too abrupt of change. It feels illogical to turn against your close friend since childhood like XJC has done to LFS, just because of a woman. There is no complicated feeling that I can feel from XJC when he is doing all those horrible things to LFS, just pure hate and evil.

 

The ending is very painful that the modern scene cannot erase my pain. I cannot feel truly happy when I see the happy end because I am still scarred by the death scene of LFS ....... In my opinion, the death scene is very powerful.

 

Still, Zhu Yi Long acting is the saving grace. I ignore everything from bad acting, bad written antagonist, rushed ending, etc since his acting is that stellar.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

@xienrue Where do you see the last 10 episodes? Maple stage only have up to 30...

You can watch it by googling "许你浮生若梦 dailymotion". And add the episode number 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BreezeC You can also watch from "onetimedrama.com"

 

Is this forum allowed its post the link of online watching site? Or I need to PM the link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@galea  @xienrue  Thanks for the suggestion. I found a not too clear version in dailymotion.

 

What the heck did I just watched? I fast forward throughout the story because I want to at least get the story over and go back and focus on LFS's part later but so far the plot is pretty bad. I feel like even ZYL can't save this drama. I'm going to do a review after watching it in more details later and hopefully, I feel different afterward lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BreezeC Lol, I predict you won't. It turns out the first 10 episodes were the most bearable. Even though LFS is a dream boat etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me the fate of Hong Lan? I’ve just watched ep 37 and feel sorry for her. She had to marry XJC whom she didn’t love. Her father was killed. Then the man loved her (Brother Lin) and the man she loved (LFS) both died

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ohsammy219 said:

Can anyone tell me the fate of Hong Lan? I’ve just watched ep 37 and feel sorry for her. She had to marry XJC whom she didn’t love. Her father was killed. Then the man loved her (Brother Lin) and the man she loved (LFS) both died

Luckily XJC also dies. But yeah, everyone dies, and she sort of gets forgotten as the story ends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished all 40... I LOVE ALL YOUR THOUGHTS HERE. It may not make sense to someone who has not watched it, but I understand everything you said here. I QUESTIONED THE SAME THINGS HAHAHHAHAA. And the fact that I knew which part of the plot every line was referring to was so telling. The plot is a mess.

 I was also hoping for some coherence in the modern storyline, but they fell in love in 10 mins of the last episode and he proposed to her after they met again 3 years later. Alsooooo, HOW CAN AN ADOPTED GRANDDAUGHTER LOOK SO MUCH LIKE THE GRANDMOTHER?! 


Hong Lan got forgotten :( So did Xing Yuan...
I did like that they gave us some cute and shippable moments in the middle.. 
TL;DR - Everyone dies... Except for female lead..

On 9/22/2018 at 12:56 AM, siobhanne said:

Sometimes I want to ask the actor who plays the main girl's brother, whether, when they were teaching him how to infiltrate earth in alien school, it ever occurred to anyone to let him meet a human being and get acquainted with appropriate human emotions. 

 

Why are there still so many scenes of XJC. Nobody cares about your boring police training. Blegh. Another one. 

Why are they wasting my life with XJC scenes.

 

Btw, if anyone else was wondering, plastic utensils occurred sporadically also before but started to be mass-produced only after WWII.

 

Yay! Dimples guy is back!

 

Aw. So sweet of him to ask for chopsticks.

 

Yes, let's give an idiot with anger management issues more power, yay society... most realistic plot point so far?

 

How did Tian Ying have grandkids when she's clearly infertile to resist LFS? Or is it latent homosexuality rearing its head after a youthful experimentation with XJC?

The new buzzcut guy is totally the granddad right. 

 

Won't wait up for her brother, but stays up for LFS with food. 

Why do I want to say that ZYL is talented in eating? My weakness is him making that whole piece of bread/cake disappear into his mouth in The Legend of Mi Yue. That scene was so well acted. And then a magic trick to top it off.

 

ZYL is doing that thing with his jacket again where he has it off to his elbows. What does it meeaaan?? Who does that? What is this? I've never seen it in real life.

 

A section of one of the background music pieces sounds like windows error notification, it's causing me stress.

 

Finally Tian Ying can be athletic again, we forgot for 29 episodes that she is supposed to kick butts.

 

Finally! I waited 10 000 years for this.

 

WTH, creepy dad.

 

XJC, you win the cartoonish, the cartoonishly pathetic, the cartoonishly selfish and now the cartoonishly evil prizes, congratulations.

 

Um..who is that woman?

 

The Lin family suffers from hereditary prosopagnosia, so sad.

 

Father and son pair of despicable scum. 

 

Episode 35 had some awesome background music, made it sound like LFS was drowning in his emotions. But not in a cheesy way.

 

Poor lady, it's not just your husband that's evil, your son is also evil.

 

Hong sister has the saddest fate.

 

It's not a republlican era drama without some evil japanese / japanese-sympathizer characters.

 

Hahahaha. I totally called it about Lin old man supporting the rival gang! I'm the best illetarate viewer ever ; )

 

The more "plot" there is the more boring it is. XJC just wants all the awards for being crazy.

 

Hahahahahahahaha. Memory loss...... Sigh.

 

Comparing the spy quality in this and in the disguiser is a bit..

 

I'm sorry, am I supposed to feel moved?

 

Gang boss has been practicing melee combat the whole series and the final battle is ranged. He wasted all his skill points.

 

They met in an alternate universe fanfic and lived happily ever after. A nameless woman was sacrificed so that the male character could be a bit more tragic.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While waiting for new episodes last week (Tomb in the Sea also finished), I finally decided to start Border Town Prodigal (I believe it’s fully subbed now) and got sucked into the wuxia wormhole of Fu Hong Xue.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Thoughts/Review of Letting You Float Like a Dream (Spoiler)

This drama is divided into 4 phases. The first 10 episodes are comedic but relaxing, fairy-tale like, and sweet/adorable encounters/interactions of our characters. The next 10 episodes are our love-triangle where our male lead denoted as the perfect 'friend'  with extended lovey dovey scenes of the female lead and the second male lead. The following 10 episodes are the lives of a pair of next door (room) neighbors who struggles to survive with the side story of a man training in police school. The last 10 episodes are a mix of all kind of unbelievable plots with the intention to let's all throw something in it to make it messy and let's kill off all the male characters as the finale.

 

I am not even sure where to begin but let's start off on a positive note. The third phase is my most favorite (of course, removing all the unnecessary side stories of certain male who are being bullied in police academy but at least he is away from our couple) because we get to see the development of the main couple relationship. We get to see how TY falls in love with LFS and their sweet but normal day to day life. I really enjoy seeing them having dinner together because that is realistic and a mature kind of love. Traveling back to TY and XJC scenes, they are all kind of romantic to the point of unrealistic and a bit fairy tale like but TY and LFS's scenes, it is mostly dining together. My most favorite scene is when LFS said that this feels like home. He said he is always outside fighting but for what? Money...Power...That is not what he wanted the most...He wanted a home...warm food at the table, a light outside the door, and a person waiting for him to return home... That's why I think the period of time where he is living with TY is probably the happiest time of his life because he have a home. During this period, not only TY is learning and discovering this man but we as audiences are right along side with her.

 

This drama should have just ended at the point when TY returned her feeling to LFS but I know that is impossible. That is another one of my favorite scene when TY discovered LFS is surviving by doing illegal boxing and wanted to help him as a friend. At that point, LFS sort of have a slight break down because he don't want to be her friend anymore. At her time of need, he is willing and able to help her out using the role of a friend but by this time, she no longer need him and he have nothing to offer so he felt it is time to leave her life. That's the most heart wrenching speech I heard and I feel really bad for him. At that point, if TY still only treated him as a friend, I rather he left for good but thank goodness she did felt in love with him and took the extra step toward him. If only they continued their simple life then and only have to deal with ups and downs of their life but no...we have to dealt with birth secret, family revenge, psychotic second male lead, and the greater good of the country etc...

 

For those that don't understand the ridiculous plot of the prior generation...to summarize...Guy Number 1 (Luo), 2 (Hong), 3 (Lin), 4 (Xu) all loves the same girl. Girl love 1 but owns 2. 1 and 2 is best buddies, in order to not destroy their friendship, the girl decided to marry 3.  4 killed girl out of jealous and to create rivalry for the two families, blame on 1. Falling for the trap, 3 killed 1 and now 2 and 3 are enemies with 4 locking up his own wife to hide the truth since the poor wife witness the killing. Have fun understanding that...I was laughing though the whole ordeal. I don't even want to waste my time with the second lead because his logic is illogical and it will make you crazy trying to understand/follow him. It amazes me every time a 'normal' person is trying to talk some sense into him and he replied back with something sooo crazy (completely make up in his mind) I gave up on finding excuse for this character. 

 

The remaining plots are completely pointless and I feel absolutely nothing. Nothing about this great family tragedy, nothing on TY finally meeting her own family, nothing about helping that secret organization to fight against the Japanese. Although the only kind of memorable scene is when both Lin and Hong died. The last few episodes are pointless only to kill off all the related male characters in this drama. I only get to feel a few seconds of sadness when they all died because before I can even let that emotion sets in... the next person died and the next person died..I can barely give Luo Shing a proper grieving...then Brother Lin sacrificed himself...before I can shed a few tears...Poor Lu Feng Sheng is next...well geez.... Plus the first time I watched the final scene...LFS's dying scene I was sooooo distracted with his hair and his positions...not sure if anyone noticed but it is off...his hair was covering his eyes and then it is not...so is the position... it seems to be different as well but I threw those out the window and concentrate on LFS the second time and my heart hurts. The scene is very sad...LFS said "He is not afraid to die...but he don't want to die..." I know... because he has reason to live now... He still wants to be with her...He don't want to leave...He said, "Thank...you...for giving me a home...but unfortunately time is too short...I love you..." OMG...I am tearing up now...and he didn't even get to put the ring on her finger nor did he get to hear her said "I love you, too..." 

 

The modern time is a bit of consolation. I know they are no longer LFS and TY but I am going to treat it as their next life time (I know it is not but please just let me think that...) He did mention his old girlfriend is called Lan Xin so I am going to consider that as our Hong Lan in this lifetime since LFS owes her love so this lifetime, she is his first love. This lifetime, they met also through to the fried buns. They are no longer playing with water but playing with flour but at least, he gets to put the ring on her finger and live happily ever after. 

 

I don't think I can forget LFS anytime soon because his character is just sooooo sweet and sad at the same time. He can kneel down on the floor but demand (not beg) the medicine, he can pick up the pills one by one and turn around with a smile that he accidentally drop it. He can put a smile on his face and ask his enemy to let his followers keep their jobs, he can wait outside her apartment and guard her the entire night, he can let her make her own decision and respect her, he can stay up the whole night to carve a gift for her, and he can hide at the corner of the wall as she moved out of his life but quickly go and watch her as she left. That's Lu Fu Sheng with so much more to him than meets the eyes. 

 

Lu Fu Sheng, a man with a fighter and carefree exterior, with shoulders that can take on the world but has the most caring and gentle soul within that only wants to belong and have a home to call his own. 

 

I will miss you, Lu Fu Sheng, and thanks Zhu Yi Long for making him real for me :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×