Quantcast

2 minutes ago, serafinar said:

season 3 is a must

I agree. It seems that there must be a season 3.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree. It seems that there must be a season 3.

yes.. its a clear bait for season 3. i hope it'll be confirm real soon. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

.....because the bad guy is still standing.

But now, the identity is revealed and we are getting closer to the bottom of the case.

I don't mind another season at all.

• Like 7

Yes, there must be a third season. I haven't seen it yet subbed, but from what I understood, the bad guy survives. This is not a good conclusion about a show which deals with the topic of corruption. (it might be a more realistic one though.)

• Like 5

SEASON 3  ???????????????? ARE YOU FAKIIIIIIIING KIDDING MEEEE ????

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, tzupi said:

Yes, there must be a third season. I haven't seen it yet subbed, but from what I understood, the bad guy survives. This is not a good conclusion about a show which deals with the topic of corruption. (it might be a more realistic one though.)

Yep, the ending was an arrgghhh--but the writer must know that there isn't enough ratings for a third season. Also they didn't wrap up the ring thing neatly. One line to conclude the plot arc would have been nice... one line from Detective Ha and then I would have forgiven the non-ending. Is this writer just bad at endings???

BTW, anyone notice there are a fiar amount of Secretary Kims this season??? I'm starting to think there is a conspiracy...

Female Hyun Soo both died in Live and here.

And in Switch and the upcoming show there is a Secretary Kim (if anyone can catch the Korean properly). Therefore all of the cop shows are connected through secretary Kims and there is a conspiracy of spies to kill Hyun Soo???

• Like 4

Beginning to feel like a American crime show with multiple seasons. SIGH...

I agree that there is still a lot to be wrapped up (and I am not talking about the push-pull between the leads)

*more hair pulling*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is not a real open ending as we are given closure to many things:

- HWS knows JHY's true identity and sees her death. He feels less guilty, knows that she loved him and still cared for him, yet their relationship had changed. He can move on.

- the identity of Secretary Kim

- the murder of MJ: the culprits are all caught

- There is now a real team... 

On the other hand, there are still unsolved:

We still don't know what HJS did in the past but now he blames his brother for JHY's death.

HWS has no idea about his brother's past and his brother's involvement.

YSO needs to pass the exam

Kim and Yuk haven't been caught yet.

IF there is no season 3, then I won't get upset but I am hoping that there is another season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

- HWS knows JHY's true identity and sees her death. He feels less guilty, knows that she loved him and still cared for him, yet their relationship had changed. He can move on.

Yes indeed it was seen when HWS realized the women on the theater stage were SHS, therefore why did HWS go to JHY's cake shop, maybe HWS know JHY is SHS but because the shop is closed it seems HWS can not ask, and bo kook called and said the corpse really belongs to SHS, if it is true HWS still love SHS as ever he could come asked the next day to JYH about this problem, but HWS does not do that, maybe it's true the situation has changed HWS still likes SHS but in his heart now already there YSO, HWS itu seems confused when he liked ajhuma at that moment also women come from the past appear in front of him ..

• Like 4

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

We still don't know what HJS did in the past but now he blames his brother for JHY's death.

IF there is no season 3, then I won't get upset but I am hoping that there is another season.

Detective Ha and YSO were said during the show actively that they should be kept separated. That part wasn't explained all that well because SHS wasn't Secretary Kim.

I was hoping for a bit like when Detective Ha returns that he spots YSO wearing the ring. And then he makes a passing comment on it. Such as "Nice ring." And she smiles at him or something and says, "Yeah, the patissiere found it." and then they move on. That would close that arc nicely.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I completely agree with you. I think storywise they couldn't do better than they did. They gave us a lot of closure.

All relevant characters realized who secretary Kim is; and both YSO and HWS know about the identity of the JHY. As you said at the end, the season 3 is a kind of not needed. But we hope...

7 hours ago, Kim Yunmi said:

I was hoping for a bit like when Detective Ha returns that he spots YSO wearing the ring. And then he makes a passing comment on it. Such as "Nice ring." And she smiles at him or something and says, "Yeah, the patissiere found it." and then they move on. That would close that arc nicely.

Without a time jump, no romantic development was possible, because JHY died. Moreover, YSO could not really accept the ring without the ring being properly offered.

But it was clear that HWS moved on. I think it can be inferred already from the fact that he does not search for JHY. He went to the bakery but did not search her further. It was also nice that JHY moved on: she returns the ring.

I understand the desire for a closure on their romantic relationship, but I want a proper and a thoughtful one, and especially a believable one.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

hi chingu @bebebisous33 I think there will be a Season 3. I do like this drama even though the romance is barely there. The writer and PD are toying with our interest for the loveline. From this season, I gather that HWS is already in love with YSO and YSO has feelings too for HWS.

Yup I'm curious too how bad was HJS' crime that he asked for Secretary Kim's help. I'm very sure Season 3 will be coming up because both Secretary Kim and Yuk are still free.

There's only one thing I'm puzzled, i never know that YSO's best buddy was interested in the police. I thought she's just a great chef from Season 1. Then in Season 2, suddenly she's in the police force because she passed the test. Poor YSO.

• Like 4

Dear friends, I think Mystery Queen 2 has concluded, perhaps for good. I don't think the ratings warrant a 3rd season. To me, most of the loose ends were tied up. No more SHS, she has died and HWS saw it, Inspector Woo and Ha Ji Seung saw the dead body. I do know Secretary Kim is still alive and he has one loyal soldier, but most everyone else he relied on was caught. Kim's identity was revealed and there is no more secret. He can no longer play Korean checkers in Chief Shin's office. His ease-dropping operation was exposed. His loyal soldier, a sergeant in Division 1, is now on the wanted list. Business as usual cannot be conducted. The suicide plan is now old and common knowledge. Even though the bad guy is still at large, he is no longer effective. When Ha Ji Seung called Kim on the phone,  he was very serious. My interpretation is that HJS now hates Kim because he killed his beloved girlfriend, someone who wore his mother's ring. Ha and Jung Law Firm is not that important to him any more.

As to the romance, an early scene had them eat ramyian together, you know, sucking the same noodle and getting closer to each other's mouth? What more do you want? At the end, Ahjamma has the ring she wanted. They are on the same investigation team. All is good. I think everything tied up nicely in case there is not another season. In Episode One, when Ahjamma was going to marry the handsome marriage scammer, Detective Ha objected to the wedding. That was so REAL. They are a couple, according to everyone in the drama, we should believe them too.

I don't want a 3rd season because every season they killed off an innocent and pretty young girl. The underwear girl in season 1 and Yoon Mi Joo, the serious student in season 2. Each one of them was getting ready for the prime of her life. SHS also died, she was portrayed by the beautiful and tall actress, Lee Da Hee. I have followed her career. As an American fan, I wish she could speak English well, she could be an incredible star in Western films.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, docster6 said:

As to the romance, an early scene had them eat ramyian together, you know, sucking the same noodle and getting closer to each other's mouth? What more do you want? At the end, Ahjamma has the ring she wanted. They are on the same investigation team. All is good. I think everything tied up nicely in case there is not another season. In Episode One, when Ahjamma was going to marry the handsome marriage scammer, Detective Ha objected to the wedding. That was so REAL. They are a couple, according to everyone in the drama, we should believe them too.

BTW, it's Ajumma and Ramyeon. Spelling correction. I can break out the hangeul as well, if needed.

This season, I have to point out they did kill an innocent young man, too. He just learned of his girlfriend's dead and then died straight after that. I don't see why he's any less innocent than his girlfriend...

The whole set up to the ring thing was a marriage proposal. What Detective Ha needed was closure, he wasn't really in love with his first love, SHS anymore--he'd moved on. So I don' think it's too fast to move on. There are times when people want resolution, rather than a confirmation of feelings. To me, by this point it felt like he needed resolution, not his feelings returned. Same for her, because she'd also moved onto his brother.

What I wanted from them was some sort of resolution that they knew that the other had a confirmation of feelings... it's the opposite from the relationship he has with SHS. We know they'll get there eventually and it won't be a sweeping romance, which is why I wanted something smaller. Like her acknowledging she has the ring him confirming it, but maybe not what he intended it for. (Which was established at the top of the show).

I have NO doubts they'd bicker and keep going at each other even after they'd confirmed those feelings somewhat, but it's a good way to complete the circle. Sometimes small addictions like that are better than sweeping huge scenes.

3 hours ago, tzupi said:

I completely agree with you. I think storywise they couldn't do better than they did. They gave us a lot of closure.

All relevant characters realized who secretary Kim is; and both YSO and HWS know about the identity of the JHY. As you said at the end, the season 3 is a kind of not needed. But we hope...

Without a time jump, no romantic development was possible, because JHY died. Moreover, YSO could not really accept the ring without the ring being properly offered.

But it was clear that HWS moved on. I think it can be inferred already from the fact that he does not search for JHY. He went to the bakery but did not search her further. It was also nice that JHY moved on: she returns the ring.

I understand the desire for a closure on their romantic relationship, but I want a proper and a thoughtful one, and especially a believable one.

The speed of feelings as I said is different. He'd already clearly moved on. So it's not as if he was actively in love with SHS. You don't need a full wrap to close an arc--people often believe that as newbie writers,. You just need to tip the scales enough to say it will close in the character's futures. And we didn't really get enough for that, which is why I suggested a smaller scene to close it out. You don't need a huge time jump to close the ring arc at all. You just need a small nod to the audience that it got resolved, even if the meaning of what the ring meant never gets resolved.

The difference is between a (and yes, getting writer technical) semi-closed ending and a closed ending. You can semi-close bits of the plot and give the plot a tilt in the right direction without closing the arc completely. That's why an acknowledgement as a scriptline (plus not need for much added time) would work to close the arc.

HWS no longer has feelings, but needed closure from SHS, but he needs from YSO, a kind of small acknowledgement of his feelings for her. Seeing the ring, and even arguing about it, or a small bit about it, would close the arc. Even if it's say... on the wrong finger, and he says nothing and corrects it. There are a ton of ways to semi-close the arc without words, etc and still leave the door open for the will-they-won't-they, but just change the path just a little to give the people faith that they characters could get there eventually.

• Like 4