Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

8 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

THISSS.. hahahaha...

Many of the novel fans want to watch this scene in the drama but well.. since Yunxi did not tie up her hair (even though she was a married woman), it is impossible to force this scene.. Maybe we could slightly blame the make-up artists department because they did not differentiate the hairdo of married and unmarried women? :D

I have no idea how to do a multi quote lol.

I never thought about it till I read up to that part. Because I didn't think there is any difference between married and unmarried hair.

There are so many scenes in the novel that would define their relationship that if it made their way to the drama us fans would die happy. 

One other scene that had me laughed was when LFY got mad at Yunxi for going after Gu Qishao. So he ordered like 10 trays of food waiting for her inside the room. She walked in and smelled nothing but strong vinegar lol. She didn't want to eat any but knew he was mad at her so she ended up just picking a dish and ate the chicken. The vinegar was so strong she was nauseated and wanted to throw up. But she couldn't in front of him. 

LFY was like, spit it out you stupid woman hahahha. 

He then gave her the 7 ingredients soup to rinse her mouth with. Which was the best thing to her and made her realized how wonderful he is to her. And she out of the blue blurted... l love you very very much LFY. He was so surprised by her comment he started to cough (this is him in the midst of having soup) and the soup bowl fell on the floor.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 9/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, owlstar said:

I really really liked this OTP and kept wanting to rewatch their scenes!  You can find all their scenes with English subtitles in this playlist here:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpktD56Kg_bXRUZmU18ypst0AWsTiQ9m4

FYI I think Youtube restricts some of the clips based on your location.

Oh my gosh, thanks for sharing this, i love it! I've been rewatching it and I'm still enjoying it and loving all their scenes together. After rewatching it a 3rd time now (I'm crazy lol), I really notice how ZZH can change his facial expression ever so slightly and just enough to express his joy, sadness, jealousy, etc. 

I'm also reading the novel and loving it! I guess because I watched the drama before reading the novel so I keep picturing ZZH and JJY as Prince Qin and Yun Xi which makes the reading more fun. 

Ugh, when does Zhao Ge come out??? Also, ZZH made a drama called Time City with Park Min Young and another called Fall in Love at Second Sight but I don't think they've aired yet. *sigh* 

Edited by triplem
Remove quoted video
  • Like 5

On 9/6/2018 at 4:29 PM, ash1999 said:

In the novel Dr. Gu is a young guy. And he's often described as beautiful, angelic, warm and has this sweet soul. And from the get go Yunxi always feel at ease with him. He's her calm down medicine lol as opposed to LFY. He genuinely loves Yunxi and also is her protector. If I didn't like LFY so much with Yunxi in the book I would root for Dr. Gu. 

That's why when I watched the drama and Dr. Gu appeared as old as Yunxi's dad, I was like nooooo... I want to see who they would cast as the young Dr. Gu. Yunxi and Dr. Gu in the book has this very endearing relationship. 

On 9/6/2018 at 8:00 PM, ash1999 said:

When you read on you will love and hurt for Dr. Gu. The way the author was able to make me see just what a wonderful human being he is and the tender way he deals with Yunxi is so sweet. You can feel the admiration and love he has for her. She cares deeply for him too but of course there's her husband lol.

I wished the drama would have cast Dr. Gu as a good looking young man too. Imagine Yunxi and a good looking Dr. Gu working alongside each other and him falling in love with her...oh, the green eye monster from her husband would have been nice to see. 

Even though Dr. Gu is different from the novel, I quite like the actor and character in the series. When he first showed up the series, I couldn't really tell if he was good or bad, but it was implied that he would be a major character and I sort of got the impression he had some secret...I think the actor did a good job of being ambiguous about his intentions, particularly toward Yun Xi. You can tell he respected her skills and liked her cheery personality, but also that he admired her beyond friendship. I think he does like her but keeps very clear boundaries since she is married, and he does take good care of her even before finding out she is his master's daughter. You're right that if they casted someone younger, LFY would go crazy over jealousy. :lol: I do like that LFY and he have mutual respect for each, and LFY trusts him enough to tell him to take care of Yun Xi.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:53 PM, ash1999 said:

I think when ZZH was given the role of LFY some people were not please because they didn't think he suited the role. But honestly, no one in the industry would suit the role because LFY is describe almost as perfect with only the flaw of his attitude lol. So whomever took on LFY have to make the best of it and make the character their own. 

That long of a  novel should be adequately adapted into 2 season to really get to the meat of the story. There were so...so many moments between LFY and Yunxi that would have been great to see on screen. Some characters in the novel you just hate but love in the drama. But yes, there should be no expectation between the 2. People have to watch the drama with fresh eyes.

I didn't know any of the actors before watching this series so I was unbiased towards ZZH, but I really like him in this role. I watched Demon Girl after this where he played a very different character, and have seen some BTS videos, and he's a very outgoing and outspoken guy in real life, so I think he did a really good job in this role. Now, I can't imagine anyone else playing this part. I do wish they would make a second season because even with 48 episodes, I wanted more!!! :blush: I can't wait to get to all the good scenes you are all talking about in the novel! 

Also, I really love how Yun Xi's character is unconditionally in love with LFY and is so devoted to him that she creates very clear boundaries with GQX,  it's just him who is always so aggressive towards her. This is only a love triangle from GQX's perspective as Yun Xi is very clearly in love with LFY from beginning to end. 

• Like 3

On 9/7/2018 at 11:38 AM, ash1999 said:

If they were to wrote Dr. Gu and LFY in the drama as in the novel then the second lead syndrome would have been too strong. The contrast between how both men treated Yunxi would be too obvious to ignore. LFY is too blunt and abrupt which you can understand considering he is not used to any emotions toward a female. But then there's this gentle, warmth guy in Dr. Gu whom undeniable just love her. And every time he pops up in the novel the way he is describe you can't help but want to give the man a hug lol.

But I guessed it is smart to have LFY the way he is in the drama as he is less severe. And it also helps tremendously that ZZH and JJY has this unbreakable chemistry where any other characters next to them couldn't come between our lovely couple. 

Give me my second lead syndrome! xD I just want to see a hot Dr. Gu haha... I see GQS more like a bff than a love interest :/ I'm now around ch. 280ish of the novel and still waiting for that ice cube to melt. I'm still on GBY ship though (novel) I'm suspecting if he is part of the shadow clan? ._. 

On 9/10/2018 at 3:34 AM, cancergirl87 said:

I've been logged out for a while (real life is so hectic recently) but this LoYX forum is still alive :wub:.

I've seen quite a number who begin to read the novel as well. I would like to say welcome, and please do not expect that you will get the continuation from the drama because the story is totally different starting from the very beginning, even the characters are very different. You will meet a lot (really a lot) of characters in the novel (of course there are also characters that originally come in the drama only so you will not read them at all). The complexity is also different. And since now there are a lot of new readers for the novel version, it might give you some insights as why the novel fans were initially quite angry for the drama adaptation :).

YES. I see those crazy extra characters and majority of the story is so different from the drama. I prefer the novel more except >.< I find the romance between LFY and YX to be reaaaaal slow in the novel --I prefer the drama progression lol 

On 9/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, raziela said:

:lol::lol::lol: That feeling when the hot guy in a novel is old and unattractive in the drama...  I think it would have been overkill to have 3 guys fall in love with her and I feel like it would have complicated things in the drama even more considering we didn't get enough LFY-YX moments in my opinion.

T_T OMG WHY..... I rather GQS not be a love interest ya know.... I just really love GBY and YX's friendship in the novel and you feel for him because of how delicate and how he respects YX despite admiring her. 

On 9/11/2018 at 9:18 PM, ash1999 said:

Honestly, I would have rather Dr. Gu be the second guy than the valley guy lol. Because he basically have the package to go up against LFY for Yunxi. 

YES!!!!! :D 

I know I've been upto ch. 280-ish in the novel but I have been confused about the detox system. Can someone explain what it is? Is this something that exists in YX's mind? 

• Like 2

I've just remembered other major difference between drama and novel for LFY characterization.

Novel LFY never drives HYX away from him for whatever reasons. He is confident enough that HYX will be the safest with him. He even ask HYX to accompany him in a battlefield :lol: (novel HYX may not have any martial arts but she is quite capable with secret weapon).

There is this one time when HYX ran away from LFY and he became quite "crazy" by distributing HYX posters across the continent only to find her. He even didn't care if his enemies will know that HYX is his weak point by doing that. 

Maybe that's why I'm a little bit disappointed when drama LFY did the opposite.

4 hours ago, Yui. said:

Give me my second lead syndrome! xD I just want to see a hot Dr. Gu haha... I see GQS more like a bff than a love interest :/ I'm now around ch. 280ish of the novel and still waiting for that ice cube to melt. I'm still on GBY ship though (novel) I'm suspecting if he is part of the shadow clan? ._. 

YES. I see those crazy extra characters and majority of the story is so different from the drama. I prefer the novel more except >.< I find the romance between LFY and YX to be reaaaaal slow in the novel --I prefer the drama progression lol 

I know I've been upto ch. 280-ish in the novel but I have been confused about the detox system. Can someone explain what it is? Is this something that exists in YX's mind? 

For your suspicion:

Spoiler

Yes, he is from the shadow clan :)

Honestly, in the novel, if there is anyone who makes LFY loses his calm and rages with jealousy, it is GBY :D

As for the slow progress between LFY and HYX, don't worry, once they acknowledge their feelings, there will be a lot of moments that make you blush and squeal :P.

In my interpretation, the detox system is a kind of dimension. I don't think it specifically exists in HYX's mind. Since it is a dimension, it can be anywhere but only HYX has the access to it. In the beginning, HYX only can "think" or "imagine" to get into her detox system, but later, her soul can wander inside it. She even can bring the poison beast inside that dimension too. If you still in chapter 280-ish, the detox system might still be seen as some ultra high-technology from the modern world, but actually it is also related to HYX's birth origin. 

• Like 3

On 9/12/2018 at 8:19 PM, taragreen said:

Oh my gosh, thanks for sharing this, i love it! I've been rewatching it and I'm still enjoying it and loving all their scenes together. After rewatching it a 3rd time now (I'm crazy lol), I really notice how ZZH can change his facial expression ever so slightly and just enough to express his joy, sadness, jealousy, etc. 

I'm also reading the novel and loving it! I guess because I watched the drama before reading the novel so I keep picturing ZZH and JJY as Prince Qin and Yun Xi which makes the reading more fun. 

Ugh, when does Zhao Ge come out??? Also, ZZH made a drama called Time City with Park Min Young and another called Fall in Love at Second Sight but I don't think they've aired yet. *sigh* 

I'm also guilty of watching (at least the 1st half) multiple times, and seeing over again how the ice cube slowly melts. :P   I do appreciate ZZH's microexpressions, and the way he looks at her after he starts falling for her is just so swoon-worthy. :wub:

I've tried skimming through some of ZZH's other dramas and they're really not doing it for me.  I'm really hoping Zhao Ge turns out good!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Yui. said:

T_T OMG WHY..... I rather GQS not be a love interest ya know.... I just really love GBY and YX's friendship in the novel and you feel for him because of how delicate and how he respects YX despite admiring her. 

YES!!!!! :D 

Did you see the manga? My goodness, talking about 2 hottie. The way they drew Dr. Gu is almost identical to LFY. LFY is with long black hair while Dr. Gu is with brown hair. Dr. Gu is indeed a very handsome guy in the manga. 

To me, his love is more sincere than Valley Guy. GQS is way too animated but I guessed it's his way of loving Yunxi considering his background. 

The author makes Dr. Gu like an April breeze...delicate and fragile person. But seeing his actual drawing in the manga I wonder why not many women would go after him lol.

If you are at 280s then FLY should soften up because I think 269 or 270 was when Yunxi left him...and that was driving him up the wall. That scene was awesome of Yunxi because she put him on full blast ignore. She would not make eye contact with him regardless. And he was rendered speechless because here was a girl that always has this lovestruck expression on her face when she is around him then to completely dismiss his existence altogether. I was rooting for him to search for her for a good few chapters but it is LFY after all...she could only escape for a brief moment lol.

I prefer the novel romance because it's just so many beautiful moments for the couple. Even if gazillion characters are being introduced but their moments together never felt like it was cheated. The romance might have been slower due to the length of the novel but at the same time their growth as a couple is what's matter. FLY confession to mute granny will demonstrate how much Yunxi meant to him...and by far such a sweet and endearing revelation coming from LFY and how far he came to loving her.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ash1999 said:

Did you see the manga? My goodness, talking about 2 hottie. The way they drew Dr. Gu is almost identical to LFY. LFY is with long black hair while Dr. Gu is with brown hair. Dr. Gu is indeed a very handsome guy in the manga. 

Hi!

There's a manga for L of Yunxi ? Do you have a link? It should be in Chinese, but I just want to see the drawings :P

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Hi!

There's a manga for L of Yunxi ? Do you have a link? It should be in Chinese, but I just want to see the drawings :P

Thanks

It was on YouTube. The channel translated a few Chinese manga in English and Legend of Yunxi was up to 36 chapters. I read it yesterday and when I tried to check the channel just now she must have deleted it because 6 days ago she said she's leaving YouTube due to it giving her problems. 

Yun Xi is stinking adorable in the manga but my eyes were on Dr. Gu lol. The part where Yun xi had to treat LFY...he got some serious 6 pack. When reading the novel you keep on picturing what they look like but seeing it...I was like so that's LFY and surprisingly they made Dr. Gu just as handsome. If they both stand next to each other you want them both lol.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, owlstar said:

I'm also guilty of watching (at least the 1st half) multiple times, and seeing over again how the ice cube slowly melts. :P   I do appreciate ZZH's microexpressions, and the way he looks at her after he starts falling for her is just so swoon-worthy. :wub:

I've tried skimming through some of ZZH's other dramas and they're really not doing it for me.  I'm really hoping Zhao Ge turns out good!

I'm sure I will watch it again after I read the online novel :lol:

From the trailer for Zhao Ge, looks like ZZH plays a prince-ly character, and hopefully he will be half as cool as LFY. I think he looks great in historical drama, but I saw a trailer for "Above the Clouds" and I love his hair in it lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hi!

Thanks

I would not call it a manga since the style is more similar to a webtoon.

Here is the link if you want, but it is only a little part of the beginning of the novel. I don't know if they would translate more or not.

https://timelessleaf.com/the-imperial-poisonous-concubine/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ash1999 said:

It was on YouTube. The channel translated a few Chinese manga in English and Legend of Yunxi was up to 36 chapters. I read it yesterday and when I tried to check the channel just now she must have deleted it because 6 days ago she said she's leaving YouTube due to it giving her problems. 

10 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

I would not call it a manga since the style is more similar to a webtoon.

Here is the link if you want, but it is only a little part of the beginning of the novel. I don't know if they would translate more or not.

https://timelessleaf.com/the-imperial-poisonous-concubine/

Thanks @cancergirl87, @ash1999

The manga/webtoon was cute, all the guys looked the same *LOL*  . Still, that's a nice one. I hope they translate more, but considering the many numbers of chapters, that should be hard work for them

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 7:14 PM, taragreen said:

I'm sure I will watch it again after I read the online novel :lol:

From the trailer for Zhao Ge, looks like ZZH plays a prince-ly character, and hopefully he will be half as cool as LFY. I think he looks great in historical drama, but I saw a trailer for "Above the Clouds" and I love his hair in it lol

I've never read any of these translated novels before, and the sheer number of chapters kind of scares me lol, but I'm kind of tempted to try it now.  :w00t:

There was a rumor going around a while back that ZZH was going to play the lead Zhang Wu Ji in another remake of Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber (link), which didn't turn out to be true because the cast is completely different (link).  Kind of too bad bc I would've liked to see him in it!   Oh well... here's to hoping Zhao Ge gets an airing date soon.... 

• Like 3

On 9/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, owlstar said:

I really really liked this OTP and kept wanting to rewatch their scenes!  You can find all their scenes with English subtitles in this playlist here:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpktD56Kg_bXRUZmU18ypst0AWsTiQ9m4

FYI I think Youtube restricts some of the clips based on your location.

Thank you so very much for your hard work!  This is wonderful!:lol:

Looking at the running times it's actually surprising how little time the OTP have together overall.  Just goes to show what a good OTP they are that they made such an impact on the audience:heart:.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:28 PM, owlstar said:

Totally agree about ZZH's acting and that gorgeous smile makes his gradual melting even better.  He really impressed me with Legend of Yun Xi.  I hope his increased popularity and attention he received from Yun Xi means he can get some better projects from now.

ZZH was unlucky with most of his other dramas as he is with Yu Zheng Studio and Yu Zheng's dramas have been flopping for the last few years until this year with the big success of Story of Yanxi Palace.  I hope Zhao Ge is good because Yu Zheng dramas are unpredictable. 

Edited by triplem
Remove quoted video
  • Like 2

Just saw this interview and didn't know that ZZH gave his lines to Xi Feng :O Interesting.

On 9/14/2018 at 3:59 AM, cancergirl87 said:

There is this one time when HYX ran away from LFY and he became quite "crazy" by distributing HYX posters across the continent only to find her. He even didn't care if his enemies will know that HYX is his weak point by doing that. 

Honestly, in the novel, if there is anyone who makes LFY loses his calm and rages with jealousy, it is GBY :D

In my interpretation, the detox system is a kind of dimension. I don't think it specifically exists in HYX's mind. Since it is a dimension, it can be anywhere but only HYX has the access to it. In the beginning, HYX only can "think" or "imagine" to get into her detox system, but later, her soul can wander inside it. She even can bring the poison beast inside that dimension too. If you still in chapter 280-ish, the detox system might still be seen as some ultra high-technology from the modern world, but actually it is also related to HYX's birth origin. 

OMG I just got up to ch. 300ish and that poster thing was hilarious! I need the ice cube to melt faster. 
OOoo That's interesting. I keep thinking that it's in her mind. Somewhere it explained that it was some "high tech technology" from the future...so I'll keep reading to figure it out. I'm assuming this detox system is like the magical bracelet in the drama?

On 9/14/2018 at 2:46 PM, ash1999 said:

To me, his love is more sincere than Valley Guy. GQS is way too animated but I guessed it's his way of loving Yunxi considering his background. 

The author makes Dr. Gu like an April breeze...delicate and fragile person. But seeing his actual drawing in the manga I wonder why not many women would go after him lol.

If you are at 280s then FLY should soften up because I think 269 or 270 was when Yunxi left him...and that was driving him up the wall. That scene was awesome of Yunxi because she put him on full blast ignore. She would not make eye contact with him regardless. And he was rendered speechless because here was a girl that always has this lovestruck expression on her face when she is around him then to completely dismiss his existence altogether. I was rooting for him to search for her for a good few chapters but it is LFY after all...she could only escape for a brief moment lol.

I prefer the novel romance because it's just so many beautiful moments for the couple. Even if gazillion characters are being introduced but their moments together never felt like it was cheated. The romance might have been slower due to the length of the novel but at the same time their growth as a couple is what's matter. FLY confession to mute granny will demonstrate how much Yunxi meant to him...and by far such a sweet and endearing revelation coming from LFY and how far he came to loving her.

Thanks for mentioning the Manga, I went to look it up but only found 23 chapters! I still don't like LFY yet.... I did like how he went crazy and distributed those HYX posters to look for her. XD Hilarious.  I just got up to the part where they found mute granny so I will have to wait and keep reading to see. :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yui. said:

OMG I just got up to ch. 300ish and that poster thing was hilarious! I need the ice cube to melt faster. 

OOoo That's interesting. I keep thinking that it's in her mind. Somewhere it explained that it was some "high tech technology" from the future...so I'll keep reading to figure it out. I'm assuming this detox system is like the magical bracelet in the drama?

I think since the drama totally wiped out the transmigration story, they would need some replacement to accommodate the detox system, hence the magical bracelet. 

On 9/16/2018 at 7:08 AM, owlstar said:

There was a rumor going around a while back that ZZH was going to play the lead Zhang Wu Ji in another remake of Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber (link), which didn't turn out to be true because the cast is completely different (link).  Kind of too bad bc I would've liked to see him in it!   Oh well... here's to hoping Zhao Ge gets an airing date soon.... 

Really?! He would have made an awesome ZWJ! I watched the two previous versions and while I liked the Alyssa Chia/Gao Yuan Yuan combo and Ady An as Zhao Min, I didn't like either actors for ZWJ, especially Deng Chao who looks so dull.  ZWJ is suppose to be a nice and a gentle guy, but I always picture him also as someone who is physically attractive and that's why so many girls fall for him. Also, I'm superficial and like my male leads good looking :tounge_wink:

23 hours ago, raziela said:

ZZH was unlucky with most of his other dramas as he is with Yu Zheng Studio and Yu Zheng's dramas have been flopping for the last few years until this year with the big success of Story of Yanxi Palace.  I hope Zhao Ge is good because Yu Zheng dramas are unpredictable. 

Yes, agreed. I'm watching Ban Shu Legend now...it took about 5-6 episodes for me to really get interested and also maybe because that's when ZZH started to have more screen time :joy:. I like Ban Shu's strong and independent character, and Jing Tian is really cute, but the chemistry between her and ZZH is sub-par compared to JJY and him. Actually, I think JT has more chemistry with the guy who plays the general who likes her lol. And it's really weird to see a very tanned ZZH compared to a very pale LFY LOL

• Like 2

JJY playing the ending song to Legend of Yun Xi. She is such a talented person. I wished it was a longer version cause it's beautiful...only makes me missed LFY and Yunxi :)

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2018 at 9:32 AM, ash1999 said:

JJY playing the ending song to Legend of Yun Xi. She is such a talented person. I wished it was a longer version cause it's beautiful...only makes me missed LFY and Yunxi :)

Wow she is so talented! I would have loved to have her and ZZH sing the theme song together, he has quite a nice voice as well.

I'm enjoying the novel so much, a lot more than I thought I would! =) 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 2:32 AM, ash1999 said:

Thank you!  That is so gorgeous and, yes, it makes me miss LFY and YX too .

JJY is so talented in so many things: singing, dancing, plays multiple instruments, acting, drawing and so pretty to top it all off.  Girl is blessed! 

• Like 2