Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, blessedchild said:

 

I get very excited whenever there is a new post in this forum lol. Personally, I like the the scenes where YL was trying to play hard with QL lol. They were just so funny. Also, I like the part where QL and YL bicker on the bed like old couple :D

Same same. I love all the eps after YL became a concubine. But I guess my favourites would be those that she bickers with QL like an old married couple. That scene when they were both asleep and she sleepily grabbed the blanket and told him to stop moving about cos he "disturbs her rest" and he drily responded, "Is it you serving me or me serving you?" and her sleepy response is gold: "You've been saying the same thing for the last 10 years, aren't you sick of it already?" It just speaks volumes of their comfortable relationship. They have been sharing the same bed, having the same bedtime squabbles and conversations that it has become so familiar. I don't think QL has the same comfortable relationship with his other concubines. And their fight is hilarious - how many concubines would have the guts to kick QL in bed and walk out in a huff?

 

Love all scenes with her and the naggy Yongqi. Yongqi is serious and disapproving of his foster mom's childish antics but secretly has so much love for her. It's lovely to see how she treats Yongqi as her own son. 

 

@lyserose I feel you and share the same thinking - I find it so hard to tear myself away from Yanxi and hard to get into or feel for another story. Which also explains why I am lurking/stalking this thread. I feel thrilled everytime someone posts in this thread. It extends the shelf-life of my Yanxi love. Just wondering why not more people are coming on board. 

 

Toying with the idea of starting a blog/recaps of Yanxi - anyone keen to join me? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lyserose said:

I am in a drama slump after Yanxi. Currently watching "Ruyi" and K-sageuk "100 Days My Prince" but my sense of attachment towards Yanxi is still very strong. I don't find the same emotional resonance with these two shows.  It's the same like few months ago when I was burnt out by "My Ajusshi" before finally found my latest addiction in Yanxi. 

 

My favourite scene has got to be the snow scene in episode 36, but just to be more specific, it is the scene where QL picked up YL in the snow (even though he was the culprit who gave her that punishment. LOL). I guess that was the moment of realization for QL and to think of an Emperor picking up the lowest level maid in the snow, surely says a lot.

 

While I basically love all scene with QL and YL (I love the early bits when he was clueless over his own interest, thus always picking a fight with her), the one that delivered the strongest emotional punch is the scene where YL promised Fuheng to spend her next life with him. I must applaud the way this scene was put together - showing YL crying in silence with just tears running down her face and reminiscing the young Fuheng in his guard uniform smiling at her as if acknowledging that long awaited promise and the sight of his back walking out of the palace gate together with the music really ripped my heart out. I always wanted YL to be with QL right from the get go but I do feel sorry for Fuheng and yes, he deserves her, at least in their next life.

I'm in the same drama slump -- I've been trying to find some Qing palace dramas that give me the same kind of satisfaction that Yanxi does (in both excitement and fulfillment in endings) but nothing comes close :(

 

I LOVE that snow scene & when he slowly touches her face and then draws his hand back like he think he's done something wrong. On the topic of that Fuheng scene, I also felt the same emotional punch, I remember crying when I watched that even though I knew that was going to happen. Another great Fuheng scene I loved was when YL was wishing him well before he went off to war for the last time -- I thought that was so sweet and poignant, a perfect encapsulation of the support and trust they've developed with each other, even if they're not together. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

SAME HERE. I cant move on from Yanxi T.T 

 

So I got the rest of my family hooked onto this drama and re-watched it with them with the newly released, Vietnamese-dubbed version haha :D Although, I got into an argument with my sister on whether Yingluo loves Qianlong or fuheng lol. As fuheng-yingluo shipper, She told me I had no critical thinking skill when I argued with her that Yingluo loves Qianlong. So I went through this thread and used your posts to prove her wrong xD (We're childish haha)

 

I actually love watching the latter part of the drama when Yingluo became Qianlong's concubine. My favorite parts have got to be when Yingluo barely was a noble lady. Its funny to watch because she used push-and-pull method on Qianlong. His reactions were priceless. Also when she cross-dressed as an eunuch to reconcile with him! Their dialogue was so cute!! But my most fav is when they reconciled in ep 64 and when he found out she was 3 months pregnant. Nie Yuan is just so perfect. 

 

Also, what happened to Yingluo's father? Since she got upgraded to Guifei, do you think Qianlong would also upgrade his "father-in-law's" status? 

 

Bonus: I found this info at one of the vietnamese fansite. So Liyu Eunuch hosted a livechat and during the session, he brought up one scene that was edited out from the drama. I guess this scene was sometime before ep 64.

 

Qianlong: Have you ever loved me? 

Ling Consort: we are together right now, you are looking into my eyes, and you still cant find an answer to your question?

 

If you look at the Promos pictures, you can see two photos. One is Yingluo looking at Qianlong with his eyes closed. Another pic is zoomed into Yingluo's eyes and you can see Qianlong. Yingluo also has one with Empress Fuca. 

 

Therefore, i strongly believe Yingluo's true love is Qianlong LOL 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dramanoob8818 said:

@lyserose I feel you and share the same thinking - I find it so hard to tear myself away from Yanxi and hard to get into or feel for another story. Which also explains why I am lurking/stalking this thread. I feel thrilled everytime someone posts in this thread. It extends the shelf-life of my Yanxi love. Just wondering why not more people are coming on board. 

 

Toying with the idea of starting a blog/recaps of Yanxi - anyone keen to join me? 

I think the absence of sub-titles limiting the audiences reach. I read a Dramabeans that plenty actually eyeing on this drama but again, it's the same complaint about the sub-titles. I guess by the time the drama is fully subbed, the heat is already over which is unfortunate.

 

Blog and Recap is a big commitment but you will be doing others a ton a favour if you really set up one.

 

6 hours ago, believed said:

Another great Fuheng scene I loved was when YL was wishing him well before he went off to war for the last time -- I thought that was so sweet and poignant, a perfect encapsulation of the support and trust they've developed with each other, even if they're not together.

This scene...I find that both YL and FH seems to have a feeling that would be their last time seeing each other. He had been to wars many times before but that time around, it seems that they have the inkling of his impending fate. It's poignant.

 

3 hours ago, ChloeR said:

Bonus: I found this info at one of the vietnamese fansite. So Liyu Eunuch hosted a livechat and during the session, he brought up one scene that was edited out from the drama. I guess this scene was sometime before ep 64.

 

Qianlong: Have you ever loved me? 

Ling Consort: we are together right now, you are looking into my eyes, and you still cant find an answer to your question?

 

If you look at the Promos pictures, you can see two photos. One is Yingluo looking at Qianlong with his eyes closed. Another pic is zoomed into Yingluo's eyes and you can see Qianlong. Yingluo also has one with Empress Fuca. 

 

Therefore, i strongly believe Yingluo's true love is Qianlong LOL 

I have always been Team QL but I can't really be exact who she loves more. I view her seeing Fuheng as her first love and that love is precious because they were separated out of their will and there's always that "what could have been" element (you know how we human always attached to the word "IF"). With QL, it is more like a process, a gradual feeling that eventually manifested into true love. It's a deep slow burning kind of love. I would say she loves both men at different time with different kind of love.  

 

The bold part.... Really? Can you perhaps share the link with us.

 

Also, which promo photos are you referring to?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lyserose said:

Bonus: I found this info at one of the vietnamese fansite. So Liyu Eunuch hosted a livechat and during the session, he brought up one scene that was edited out from the drama. I guess this scene was sometime before ep 64.

 

https://www.weibo.com/tv/l/jlyDTXfk1R3Ea2Tm

 

I think it is at ard 33 minutes. And he was saying that they shot the epilogue episodes too with older QL and Ying Luo in it ( so I am assuming just a few eps)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lyserose said:

 

 

Also, which promo photos are you referring to?

The female chars got a series of posters when the drama was 1st promoted. If u look closely into their eyes...there is a person. 

 

Eg Fuca...younger version of herself...she longs for that freedom.

 

Yingluo...2 posters...one is of Fuca...one is of Qianlong.

 

Both Xian and Gao are also Qianlong but esp Xian hints at a younger version of QL probably hint at the times before Yingluo appeared.

 

It is in chinese. But they magnify each poster to see more closely. If u dont see whole article...there is a small orange box in the middle of page that says open full article.

https://www.weekendhk.com/849423/entertainment/延禧攻略-延禧-海報-ctl02/11/

 

I dont think the other chars got such posters.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for all the wonderful post. I am also having post Yanxi withdrawal symptom and it is fun to follow this forum...Kudos to all

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dramanoob8818 said:

Same same. I love all the eps after YL became a concubine. But I guess my favourites would be those that she bickers with QL like an old married couple. That scene when they were both asleep and she sleepily grabbed the blanket and told him to stop moving about cos he "disturbs her rest" and he drily responded, "Is it you serving me or me serving you?" and her sleepy response is gold: "You've been saying the same thing for the last 10 years, aren't you sick of it already?" It just speaks volumes of their comfortable relationship. They have been sharing the same bed, having the same bedtime squabbles and conversations that it has become so familiar. I don't think QL has the same comfortable relationship with his other concubines. And their fight is hilarious - how many concubines would have the guts to kick QL in bed and walk out in a huff?

 

Love all scenes with her and the naggy Yongqi. Yongqi is serious and disapproving of his foster mom's childish antics but secretly has so much love for her. It's lovely to see how she treats Yongqi as her own son. 

 

@lyserose I feel you and share the same thinking - I find it so hard to tear myself away from Yanxi and hard to get into or feel for another story. Which also explains why I am lurking/stalking this thread. I feel thrilled everytime someone posts in this thread. It extends the shelf-life of my Yanxi love. Just wondering why not more people are coming on board. 

 

Toying with the idea of starting a blog/recaps of Yanxi - anyone keen to join me? 

 

All of the episodes that really highlight how close and comfortable they are with each other and how QL's first call is to always go to Yanxi Palace once he's done with court stuff just makes me smile a lot. 

 

I love that first scene we get with grown up Yongqi and Yingluo, when she's trying to hide from him, and when she gives up -- he was so sweet in his nagging, he cares about her so much and wants her to take care of her health more because he doesn't want to lose her. I like how they also brought in YQ and Yongyan's relationship, as historically they were close.

 

I'd love to see a blog/recap site of Yanxi -- they helped me so much while I was struggling through understanding the episodes, but then I watched more than the recaps were up to.

 

 

9 hours ago, ChloeR said:

Bonus: I found this info at one of the vietnamese fansite. So Liyu Eunuch hosted a livechat and during the session, he brought up one scene that was edited out from the drama. I guess this scene was sometime before ep 64.

 

Qianlong: Have you ever loved me? 

Ling Consort: we are together right now, you are looking into my eyes, and you still cant find an answer to your question?

 

If you look at the Promos pictures, you can see two photos. One is Yingluo looking at Qianlong with his eyes closed. Another pic is zoomed into Yingluo's eyes and you can see Qianlong. Yingluo also has one with Empress Fuca. 

 

Therefore, i strongly believe Yingluo's true love is Qianlong LOL 

Ahhhhh the thought of all the deleted scenes we could've had of YL/QL :tears:

 

And I knew that YL had a poster with Fuca in it, but I'm so happy to find out that there's one with QL in it :) As someone who ships both YL & Fuca + YL & QL, this is the best of both worlds.

 

Oh and I had a question! In 48, when QL is teaching YL how to draw flowers and she gets mad when he mentions how nice Chun Gui Fei's flowers are, why does YL go back and bring out a scroll of something?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These two are totally hilarious YL /QL :love: ..ep 12 on youtube subbed ,,, but when reading the above comments i went to  watch 66 without subs -  just to see that scene when she pushes him in the bed and subsequent massages ...not sure of the dialogue , but they are totally in sync using their feet to express their displeasure lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, believed said:

Oh and I had a question! In 48, when QL is teaching YL how to draw flowers and she gets mad when he mentions how nice Chun Gui Fei's flowers are, why does YL go back and bring out a scroll of something?

I think it's something about YL told QL that she has poor taste and to please YL, QL also drew the flower the way YL did and said they both similarly have poor taste. YL brought out the scroll (that is the drawing that Consort Chun hope QL would give to her, instead QL gifted it to YL and YL gifted it to Dowager Empress but QL took it back). Then YL commented that QL put so many of his official stamps on it which further depicting his poor taste.

 

@Cedric Ong and @blessedchild Thanks for sharing the info.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how old WYL would hve been in Ep 1 when she entered the palace? 

 

My favourite scenes : her "personal' conversations and lessons scenes with Empress Fuca. They had such an amazing bond and both actresses portrayed it so well in their eyes , looks etc. Pity they didnt have at least some scenes to show the heartache in the period of  WYL's exile to the Bondservant Unit - aside from the time when WYL saw her passing by in the fields, there were hardly any scenes of them together. It would have been so great had the empress been the one to see how badly WYL was treated by Gao (in the sccene whenre she had milk poured over her and her hand stepped on). Imagine the hurt of Empress Fuca. Ah welll.. worth fantasizing!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hakunamatata8 said:

Does anyone know how old WYL would hve been in Ep 1 when she entered the palace?

Not sure. If I wasn't mistaken, it was the 6th year of Qianlong (1741). Historically, Consort Ling was born in 1727 which means she was 14 years old when she entered the palace.

 

2 hours ago, hakunamatata8 said:

btw, i looked at the posters. It is not WYL  who has QL in the eye. i think the poster is that of Step Empress Xian Fei (Charmaine Sheh) -

Did you clicked on the orange button for further reading?

There were 2 posters of YL.... one poster has Fuca in her eyes and the second poster has QL in her eyes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yanxi - my first Chinese Drama and I absolutely love it. I am also having withdrawal too.

 

I love the script and how the story is closely related to history (from my understanding).

 

The characters are well developed. In particular the main female characters were strong and independent and were not sexualize or objectify.  I love the main characters WYL - she is so intelligent, funny and lovable. Fuheng is such a gentleman and righteous. And off course the Emperor, I love this character. He was portrayed as intelligent, firm but not ruthless and thought he was quite funny. 

 

The story was serious but yet humorous. The music was brilliant. 

 

I thought the whole drama was classy too. I wished we could have seen those uncut scenes. It felt there were a lot of scene prior to 43, but the part with WYL and QL was rushed ( understand it was supposed to be 90 eps). Wish we could have seen QL humorous and loving scene towards WYL after 64 when she was pregnant. So everyone is convinced at the end WYL loves QL?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, sharonfu18 said:

So everyone is convinced at the end WYL loves QL?

For me, I felt the show did enough to show that WYL does love QL back :) 

 

I found this handy list of QL's children in order (the one on Wiki goes in order of his empresses/consorts) which is really interesting to look at, especially when thinking about who he favored.

 

http://central.gutenberg.org/articles/qianlong

 

To make it easier

1. Yonghuang 1728-1850 to Imperial Noble Consort Zhemin

2. Daughter 1728-1730 to Empress Fuca

3. Yonglian 1730-1738 to Fuca

4. Daughter 1731 to Zhemin

5. Princess Hejing 1731-1792 to Fuca

6. Yongzhang 1735-1760 to Imperial Noble Consort Chunhui [Consort Chun in Yanxi]

7. Yongcheng 1839-1777 to Imperial Noble Consort Shujia [Consort Jia in Yanxi]

8. Yongqi 1741-1766 to Noble Consort Yu [Consort Yu in Yanxi]

9. Yongrong 1744-1790 to Chun

10. Princess Hejia 1745-1767 to Chun

11. Yongcong 1746-1748 to Fuca

12. Yongxuan 1746-1832 to Jia

13. Son 1748-1749 to Jia

14. Son 1748-1749 to Consort Shu

15. Yongxing 1752-1832 to Jia

16. Yongji 1752-1776 to Step Empress Ulanara

17. Daughter 1753-1755 to Ulanara

18. Daughter 1755-1758 to Noble Consort Xin

19. Yongjing 1756-1757 to Ulanara

20. Princess Hejing 1756-1775 to Imperial Noble Consort Ling

21. Yonglu 1757-1760 to Ling

22. Daughter 1758-1767 to Xin

23. Princess Heke 1758-1780 to Ling

24. Yongyan (future Jiaqing Emperor) 1760-1820 to Ling

25. Son 1763-1765 to Ling

26. Yonglin 1766-1820 to Ling

27. Princess Hexiao 1755-1823 to Consort Dun

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 9:41 PM, dramanoob8818 said:

Love all scenes with her and the naggy Yongqi. Yongqi is serious and disapproving of his foster mom's childish antics but secretly has so much love for her. It's lovely to see how she treats Yongqi as her own son. 

 

Whose son was Yongqi? 

 

Sorry i just read the post above , and it answers my question , consort Yu ..and @believed thank you for this list . He was only 25 .  

As for the Emperor, poor guy , he must have felt like a prime bull lolllll  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sharonfu18 said:

The type of flowers that Fuca liked - are they the same as the flowers that WYL liked? 

Thks for asking. After checking...i find this is another thoughtful theme in the drama. They like different flowers.

 

Fuca likes 茉莉花 Mo Li Hua or Jasmine. She planted a plot in her palace where Yingluo helped to take care of. 

 

Yingluo likes 梔子花 Zhi Zi Hua...there are a few names Gardenia jasminoides, gardenia and cape jasmine. This and Jasmine are different species but the name jasmine appeared in it bcos earlier people thought they might be related.

 

Both are white. But Jasmine flowers are smaller while Gardenia is bigger. They also smell slightly similar though Jasmine is softer and sweeter while Gardenia is stronger and creamier. 

 

The picture below...top is Jasmine, below is Gardenia.

 

2458d0b1c0aa49639a54ada2f9f2b59b.jpeg

 

I read these are planned for a few reasons. 

1) Yingluo herself wanted something similar to remember a person she loved but yet not the same as Jasmine only belongs to Fuca. At the same time might be part of her initial plan to constantly remind Qianlong of Fuca...not forget her.

2) Gardenia flowers are bigger with a stronger smell. And its flower theme is everlasting love and strength. And the plant itself is not as fragile as Jasmine. It suits Yingluo.

Jasmine flowers are smaller, smell more gentle and its flower theme is also love but purity too. It suits Fuca.

 

In the past, poets prefer jasmine...they feel it is more elegant and the smell not as overpowering as gardenia.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Thks for asking. After checking...i find this is another thoughtful theme in the drama. They like different flowers.

 

Fuca likes 茉莉花 Mo Li Hua or Jasmine. She planted a plot in her palace where Yingluo helped to take care of. 

 

Yingluo likes 梔子花 Zhi Zi Hua...there are a few names Gardenia jasminoides, gardenia and cape jasmine. This and Jasmine are different species but the name jasmine appeared in it bcos earlier people thought they might be related.

 

Both are white. But Jasmine flowers are smaller while Gardenia is bigger. They also smell slightly similar though Jasmine is softer and sweeter while Gardenia is stronger and creamier. 

 

The picture below...top is Jasmine, below is Gardenia.

 

2458d0b1c0aa49639a54ada2f9f2b59b.jpeg

 

I read these are planned for a few reasons. 

1) Yingluo herself wanted something similar to remember a person she loved but yet not the same as Jasmine only belongs to Fuca. At the same time might be part of her initial plan to constantly remind Qianlong of Fuca...not forget her.

2) Gardenia flowers are bigger with a stronger smell. And its flower theme is everlasting love and strength. And the plant itself is not as fragile as Jasmine. It suits Yingluo.

Jasmine flowers are smaller, smell more gentle and its flower theme is also love but purity too. It suits Fuca.

 

In the past, poets prefer jasmine...they feel it is more elegant and the smell not as overpowering as gardenia.

Wow! Thank you for checking and clarifying. QL noticed the flowers in eps 43 while he never  noticed at Fuca’s. Quite amazing these subtle details are put into the storyline. 

 

Do we know why QL loved Consort Ling so much in history?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...