Go Seung Ji

[Upcoming Drama 2018] Mr Sunshine 미스터 션샤인 - Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, Yoo Yeon Seok, Byun Yo Han and Kim Sa Rang

tvN Presents

Mr Sunshine 미스터 션샤인

DE_lzaKV0AEmdCu.jpg

Director

Lee Eung Bok

(Goblin, Descendants of the Sun, Secret Love, Dream High)

Writer

Kim Eun Sook

(Goblin, Descendants of the Sun, The Heirs, Secret Garden)

Episodes:  (TBA)

Broadcast Period

First Half 2018 --, 

About the Show

During the United States expedition to Joseon (South Korea) in 1871, a boy from Joseon boards an American warship and goes to America. As an adult, he returns to his home country as an American soldier stationed in the country.

Production Information

1. Screenwriter Kim Eun-Sook and director Lee Eung-Bok previously worked together in 2016 tvN drama series "Goblin" and 2016 KBS2 drama series "Descendants of the Sun."

Cast

Lee Byung Hun

Kim Tae Ri as Go Ae Shin

Yoo Yeon Seok as Goo Dong Mae

Byun Yo-Han

Kim Sa Rang

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki | Koreandrama

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 12

Lee Byung Hun confirmed as the lead in Kim Eun Sook's upcoming drama "Mr. Sunshine"

• Like 11

Goblin writer Kim Eun-sook returns with period drama Mr. Sunshine

by girlfriday

DA_Gm6eUAAIOqHC.jpgPre-production work has begun for the next drama from hit writer Kim Eun-sook, of The Lonely Shining Goblin and Descended From the Sun fame (also Heirs, Secret Garden, and Lovers in Paris, among others). She’s announced that the synopsis is complete and script work has begun for her new drama, a period piece set at the turn of the twentieth century titled Mr. Sunshine..........

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/goblin-writer-kim-eun-sook-returns-with-period-drama-mr-sunshine/

• Like 10

@bebe1989 Chingu, thank you for the heads up! I'll be with you here. :)

And to @Go Seung Ji, thank you for starting the thread. :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other article:

Lee Byung Hun confirmed to return to the small-screen through 'Goblin' scriptwriter's new work!

lee-byung-hun.jpg

Actor Lee Byung Hun will be making his return to the drama scene after a nine year hiatus! 

According to Hwadam Pictures, the actor is set to make his comeback in a drama currently titled 'Mister Sunshine'. The drama is a series written by renowned screenwriter Kim Eun Sook who wrote 'Goblin', 'Descendants of the Sun', and 'Secret Garden'. In an interview with Kim Eun Sook, she stated, "The story is written with the backdrop of the 1900s to commemorate soldiers who've fought, but were not recognized for their service historically." 

Additionally, Director Yoon Ha Lim said, "For this drama, there is much preparation to be done. It's not a pre-produced series; however, to produce a high quality drama, we will be taking some time filming and that is why we wanted to get the casting finalized as soon as possible. Also, screenwriter Kim made a special request for the main male character. She wanted someone who could act well and speak English fluently. Therefore, we believed that Lee Byung Hun was the best pick to play this role." 

Lee Byung Hun is widely known for his role in 'Iris' and has featured in various Hollywood movies such as 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation', 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra', and 'The Magnificent Seven'. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/lee-byung-hun-confirmed-to-return-to-the-small-screen-through-goblin-scriptwriters-new-work

• Like 7

5 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

tagging my friend who love Kim eun sook writernim:

thanks so much ...i like the story...i'll add it on my list...

• Like 3

JUN 24 2017

Lee Byung-Hun cast in drama series “Mr Sunshine”

DDDiYsZV0AASRPf.jpg

Lee Byung-Hun is cast for the lead male role in new drama series “Mr Sunshine.” The drama series will be scripted by Kim Eun-Sook and directed by Lee Eung-Bok. The duo previously collaborated in tvN drama series “Goblin” and KBS2 drama series “Descendants of the Sun.”

For Lee Byung-Hun, “Mr Sunshine” will be his first starring acting role in a drama series since “IRIS” in 2009. According to production company Hwa & Dam Pictures, “Mr Sunshine” will not be a pre-made series, but they wanted to get casting done early for better quality. The lead male character has lived in America for most of his life and then returns to South Korea as an adult. Thus, the lead actor needs to speak English well. Lee Byung-Hun having appeared in major Hollywood films fills that requirement nicely.

“Mr Sunshine” will air sometime during the first half of 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-byung-hun-cast-in-drama-series-mr-sunshine

• Like 11

Thank you @Go Seung Ji for starting the Mr.Sunshine thread.user posted image

June 24, 2017

Lee Byung Hun is 'Mr. Sunshine' in Kim Eun Sook's upcoming historical drama!

By Riddhiman Mukhopadhyay International Business Times

Lee Byung-hun
Actor Lee Byung-hun attending the 88th Academy Awards ceremony, 2016, where he was a presenter. instagram.com/lee.byung.hun

'Goblin' writer Kim Eun-sook's next drama, 'Mr. Sunshine,' has found its lead actor in Lee Byung-hun. This will be the actor's first small screen role in eight years.

Website Soompi notes that on June 24, Lee Byung-hun's casting in 'Mr. Sunshine' was confirmed by a representative from the drama's production company. It was also confirmed that the drama will be set in the early 1900's, about soldiers who were never credited in Korea's history.

"There are a lot of things to prepare for this drama, so we wanted to get the casting done right away. Our writer, Kim Eun-sook, told us that she wanted the male lead to be someone who is experienced in acting and is good at speaking English, so Lee Byung-hun was a perfect fit. We are very excited to work with him," the production company said.

The 'Descendants of the Sun' writer had indeed teased earlier, "I do have someone in mind. Since the character's narrative is strong and has a large breadth of emotions, the role needs to be played by someone who is very good at acting."

It was revealed earlier that the story will be set before the Japanese occupation of Korea. It will be about a Korean man, a soldier in the United States Army, who returns to Joseon and falls in love with an aristocratic woman.

Kim Eun-sook had said, "This is a topic I've been wanting to [write a drama about] for a while now. I created a project proposal for this drama a while back: a drama about not independence fighters but actual soldiers from that era. Although it's not recorded anywhere in history, it's something that we all need to know about," as noted by Soompi.

Having been a part of various major Hollywood productions like 'Terminator Genisys' and 'The Magnificent Seven' remake, the casting of Lee Byung-hun seems like a no-brainer. In 'terminator Genisys,' Byung-hun took on the iconic character of the T-100 Terminator, originally portrayed by actor Robert Patrick in 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day.' Even though the movie did not do as well as expected, Byung-hun's performance was liked by fans.

Soompi also notes that apart from Lee Byung-hun, no other casting for 'Mr. Sunshine' has been done. The broadcast station has not been determined either. But the drama itself is confirmed to premiere in the latter half of this year.

• Like 4

Lee Byung-heon makes drama comeback with Goblin writer’s Mr. Sunshine

by tipsymocha

DDGw7HdVYAENdR5.jpg

Well, damn. Mr. Sunshine, the next project by star writer Kim Eun-sook, has secured Lee Byung-heon (Single Rider, Master) to star, in what will mark the actor’s drama comeback after 2009’s IRIS. It’s certainly a strong start casting-wise for the upcoming period drama, but I’m not surprised at the caliber this writer-director duo is capable of pulling in since their last two projects together, The Lonely Shining Goblin and Descended From the Sun, were such big hits..........

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/lee-byung-heon-makes-drama-comeback-with-goblin-writers-mr-sunshine/

• Like 10

If he were just a pretty face with richard simmons-bag character (which he is), I would not watch his works. But darn he's talented too.

We watched him in a Hollywood movie with my mom and she said he's good , and I agree.

I am a watcher that cares only about talent. They can be the hottest nicest actors out there, but if they have no emotion, then he/she is out for me :(

So Lee "Santa" , can't wait to see what you'll give us this time :D

• Like 3

June 24, 2017

[Hot Takes from the Noonas]

Lee Byung-hun to star in Kim Eun-sook's period drama, "Mr. Sunshine"

Source: HanCinema.net

photo860958.jpg

Lee Byung-hun will finally make a comeback to the small screen in "Mr. Sunshine", the latest from Kim Eun-sook, the writer of "Goblin" and "Descendants of the Sun".

When Kim Eun-sook recently announced her latest project, "Mr. Sunshine", she added that she already had an actor in mind for the lead role. She probably had some inkling at the time that the latest in a long line of enviable leading men would be Lee Byung-hun. Set in the early 1900s, "Mr. Sunshine" tells the story of a star-crossed love between a common soldier in the resistance movement against the Japanese occupation and an aristocrat's daughter. 

Kim Eun-sook's dramas tend to give their leading men a huge popularity boost, something Lee Byung-hun probably needs after a couple of scandal-plagued years. "Mr. Sunshine" will be his first drama since "IRIS" in 2009, and he's spent the intervening time making movies, both in Korea and in the US.

"Mr. Sunshine" is still in the early planning stages and won't air until mid-2018, which gives us at least a few months to speculate over who will play the female lead. Hopefully whoever is cast has more to do in the drama than cry.

Love,

Only of Noonas Over Forks

• Like 3

@Go Seung Ji Thank you for starting this thread:wub: I'm so intrigued w/LGH's casting in this drama. So count me in on this drama. 

• Like 3

June 26, 2017

Lee Byung Hun Cast As Lead In New Series By Writer Of 'Goblin' And ‘Descendants Of The Sun’

BY SHORE MERTZ / Korea Portal

2011-mnet-asian-music-awards.jpg?w=750       
2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards

It seems like another hit series is on its way as popular writer Kim Eun Sook is already reportedly working on a new series. The upcoming series has cast one of South Korea’s most celebrated actors for the lead role.

Writer Kim Eun Sook confirmed last May that she is working on a new television drama series titled “Mr. Sunshine”. Aside from her, director Lee Eun Bok will also be on board for the production. The two have worked together on “Goblin” and “Descendants of the Sun”, which was extremely popular and successful drama series.

A Recent development for the upcoming drama series, “Mr. Sunshine” has revealed that top actor Lee Byung Hun has taken the lead role. Lee Byung Hun was reportedly offered the role when Kim Eun Sook specifically asked for an experienced actor who can speak English fluently. Lee Byung Hun was deemed the perfect fit for the role and the production crew has revealed that they are excited to work with him. The production crew added that they are doing their best while working on the drama series that is why they want complete the casting as soon as possible.

So far, the cast as well as the network of the new drama series, “Mr. Sunshine” has not been finalized yet. However, it has been revealed that the series will be set in the early 1900s during an American expedition in Joseon, which is now South Korea. A synopsis of the said series reveals that the story will focus on a young boy from Joseon who flew to the United States through an American warship and several years later, he will return to South Korea as an American soldier.

The anticipated new series, “Mr. Sunshine” has been set to air later this year. Given Kim Eun Sook and Lee Eung Bok’s current track records, fans are looking forward to another hit drama series. Fans are waiting for further news on who the leading lady will be as well as the rest of the cast.

• Like 3

shoutout to my friends who loves LBH @rubie @luwali 196 @p.v.wong @peonie & thanks to @Go Seung Ji for starting this thread :)

Finally...after 8 long years, LBH is surely Back! With a promising story and production to boot :wub: 

On 6/24/2017 at 9:16 AM, bebe1989 said:

Damn! He is back to kdramaland. My very first korean actor i love most !

Lee byung hun such amazing and charming actor ❤️ 

same here. as the saying goes...first love never dies :wub: 

Gosh...we'll get to see him every week...next year. Soo good yet...so far -_- 

Our small screen will burn with his intense acting and devastating charisma :D:)  

• Like 5

Oh no...i might have opposite reaction on this.... what happen to my tagline "In Kim Eun Sook I Trust".... this is so not going to happen.

The comment in netizen buzz are so damn true....If she is looking for male lead who's good in English... Daniel Henney is an example.... or Lee Seo Jin he's MBA from NYU and his english is so good... Park Hae Jin sound good in English ack in Man to Man...

Oh no...what happen with this....

• Like 1

Published on June 25, 2017 by TKnews

June 26, 2017

Lee Byung Hun to Star in ‘Goblin’ Writers New Korean Drama ‘Mr. Sunshine’

by Kay Kdrama Kisses

Mr. Sunshine Korean Drama - Lee Byung Hun

We already have our leading man confirmed for the new drama Mr. Sunshine coming from writer Kim Eun Sook of hits such as Goblin and Descendants of the Sun, and it is Lee Byung Hun (IRIS).

Mr. Sunshine is set around 1900 and is about the romance of a soldier of the righteous army and a nobleman’s daughter. It follows the story of the soldier who got on a U.S. military expedition as a child and grew up in America. As an adult, he then returns to Korea as a soldier during the final years of the Joseon era.

I definitely have some mixed feelings with this casting. I had several other actors in mind that I would have loved to see in this role, all of which are quite different from Lee Byung Hun. I also actually have very little experience with him as an actor. I have only seen him in Iris and a couple of smaller roles in American movies.

But from what little I’ve seen, he appears to be a very talented actor, and in many ways he does seem to perfectly fit with the character description including being fluent in English.

So while I do have some disappointment, I’m also aware that we have a veteran actor on board for what should be an epic period romance from a hit writer. I’m anxious to see this drama take shape and watch as the rest of the cast begins to fill in.

Mr. Sunshine is looking to air in 2018.

• Like 1