Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

30 minutes ago, cynkdf said:

Hi Hwang Chi Yeul's "How Can I Forget" will be released tomorrow (Sunday) at 6 pm KST.

https://tv.naver.com/v/4143829

Thank you for the answer!

I thought they would release tomorrow the one that plays in episode 23 when Eugene drinks with Hwang Eun San. That was another beautiful OST that I really hope they will also release)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Thank you for the answer!

I thought they would release tomorrow the one that plays in episode 23 when Eugene drinks with Hwang Eun San. That was another beautiful OST that I really hope they will also release)

Welcome. That song you referred to is beautiful - does it sound a bit like Elaine's voice? From the description here,

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/64604637?scode=032&OzSrank=2.

Disc 2

26. Rise Again (Feat. Will Bug)  - Elaine

Unquote

My guess is that this won't be released as an OST.

HCY's song was played twice in Ep 23 today and much as I love HCY, I hope not to hear his OST in the final episode - do you hear me, KES?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, cynkdf said:

Welcome. That song you referred to is beautiful - does it sound a bit like Elaine's voice? From the description here,

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/64604637?scode=032&OzSrank=2.

Disc 2

26. Rise Again (Feat. Will Bug)  - Elaine

Unquote

My guess is that this won't be released as an OST.

HCY's song was played twice in Ep 23 today and much as I love HCY, I hope not to hear his OST in the final episode - do you hear me, KES?

Yup, I think that's the one! Well, at least they will release it in the  Full Original Sountrack Edition. I hope...

• Like 3

I was expecting something bad, but well, not that bad... even the preview is not encouraging at all...  for example, I believed the journalist would survive to tell the story, but it doesn’t seem so... this serie is going to re-enact for me the trauma of watching Rose  of Versailles, anime about French Revolution. I hope that at least, before the suicide mission to kill Hirobumi, they will have time to make real their wedding... there are 2 years to jump to that event. And, according to the preview... the reunion at the bar now looks more like to a Last Supper... 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, marfisa said:

.. there are 2 years to jump to that event. And, according to the preview... the reunion at the bar now looks more like to a Last Supper... 

i agree...i hope we will have more otp moments...they deserve some happiness...

• Like 8

Mr_Sunshine-SP-gun-glory-sad-ending.jpgMr.-Sunshine.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

After watching this latest episode and allowing those views to sink in of each character's life.   Those I through weeks had grown to smile with, cry with and even hope with.  Some coming to an unexpected end when it felt like two hands stretched out towards one another might be a sweet beginning... 

KES left no doubt or did she in anyway cover up the raw and real pain, suffering and cruelty that we humans place upon one another.  Neither did she leave out those emotions, ties and choices that connect us from the past to the future.  Every life touching other lives whether good or bad and those choices that are made that decide and reflect whom it is that we are...

Voices that can no longer be heard, bodies hanging, laying and that feeling of hopelessness and destruction seeming to be everywhere.  Yet in the midst of this story I am so moved by the courage, willingness and love that like a candle not even all the darkness or the enemies around these characters could put out...

For it is the human spirit that KES showed in this story of a land and it's people.  Who even in their imperfections and failures, separation of class and those wanting to be anything other than a part of whom they were born to be.  Still in the midst of all of that there was that small voice that called out to each of them. 

No matter the differences or how far one might have run in the past.  No matter the knowledge of life or death or what it might cost.

They each followed their own hearts in their own way which lead them all back within their hearts

to a land and a people they never really left...

Some can kill, destroy, take over and wipe out even believe they have won.  But it is that small voice within each person that belief, spirit and hope that an enemy can never put out or touch.

For there is always someone else whom will follow and has that light of hope within them too...

:heart:

• Like 9

This penultimate episode is a thank you letter to the sacrifices the Righteous Army and our ancestors made for the freedom we take for granted today . :bawling:

Fighting for 20% Finale!

AGB Nielsen Ratings:

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/21/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/22/18     11.713%

Episode 7  7/28/18      11.114%

Episode 8  7/29/18      12.330%

Episode 9  8/3/18        11.695%

Episode 10  8/4/18      13.534%

Episode 11  8/11/18    12.792%

Episode 12  8/12/18    13.399%

Episode 13  8/18/18    13.327%

Episode 14  8/19/18    15.626%

Episode 15  8/25/18     12.893%

Episode 16  8/26/18   15.023%

Episode 17  9/1/18        7.694% *

Episode 18  9/2/18     14.722%

Episode 19  9/8/18      14.114%

Episode 20  9/9/18      16.500%

Episode 21  9/5/18    14.280%

Episode 22   9/6/18    16.588%

Episode 23  9/29/18   15.419%

* Pan Pacific Games 2018

Source

• Like 8

I feel emotionally drained already. How am I to survive tomorrow's episode?

* re-watching episode 23 for self torture...

thoughts on last scene of Hangrang abum and Hamank daek.

- the old sacrificing for the young.... (palanquin bearers are all old people, not usual young men, and also the acupuncturist who had trouble walking sacrificed himself first.)

- the light with blue-red fabric was traditionally used for wedding in Korea. Also Korean flag has blue-red taeguk in the middle.

- Hamandaek wearing her best hanbok(silk one) and Hangrang abum's clothing is the best one I saw from him.

- Hwang Eunsan stopped and looked back... remembering their sacrifices?

- These people wanted to say "come out and greet" because it's usually for yangban to call for servants, not for servants(slaves).

- realistically, I don't believe Hangrang and Haman daek had to die.... but it's effective making me cry.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

What I will really miss ... is seeing these 3 musketeers :(

Oh, but they look good together!!!

107767-638018.jpg

step0000.png?1538268207015

• Like 6

These men came to embrace the Joseon people whom they feel no connection in the beginning :heart:

Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.21.55Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.24
Spoiler

The sadness is overwhelming.

Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.02Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.10

Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.18Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.29Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.36Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.42

Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.53

And these two women who became stronger than what others see possible.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.23.10Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.22.58Screenshot 2018-09-29 18.23.04

tVN

• Like 11

I wanted to say a sincere thanks and a heartfelt goodbye to all the show's fans who frequent this thread. It has been a pleasure participating in the discussions, reading others thoughts and getting translations, spoilers and other info so easily.

I say this in advance because if the finale has a tragic ending in store for either EC or AS or both,  I don't think I will be entering this thread or post my comments at my other usual haunt at dramacool. It may sound irrational but IMHO, it is the best way to get over a show and try to move on from its tragic story line. Dwelling on it, rewatching the show's old episodes and participating in discussions only makes it worse (at least for me).

So, thanks again for everything.  I usually watch only two or three kdramas per year, so I hope to see you guys in the discussion threads of some amazing drama in the future.

• Like 9

Couldn’t find anywhere with subs so I just watched it raw with the recap. It was definetly draining as you all have said and I just hope we get a happy ending tomorrow :/ 

• Like 5

@mistergenie, aww.. we'll miss you a lot but don't stay away too long (from soompi).. I have no one to stalk the thread with while MR.SUNSHINE is airing on tvN. But then.. I'm not sure if I could watch the finale but I can't help torturing myself at the same time. To be honest, it's still so surreal.. did ep 23 really happened? The aftermath of the senseless deaths would be hard to watch..  watching AS and everyone get so heartbroken again. All I can say.. KES is just cruel.

@philosophie Subscene has the subs for ep 23, I've just checked and dl-ed. Now going to watch the dreaded episode. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

What I can say, it is six ‘o clock in the morning and I cannot sleep anymore... this all does not do any good to my inclination to insomnia... I am too much into this drama, it is not sane, really.  Re-watching, I think that some deaths seemed senseless, but in reality just seemed as such. They were shown as extreme sacrifices done for the fatherland. It has some meaning...today, in this time, this idea is quite alien to most minds, but it was the norm in the past: patriotism and sense of duty were taught with words and examples since childhood. 

• Like 6

@rubie @mistergenie

If past shows are any indication: 

* KES's shows end in mostly dubious, huh? and even weird ways, but rarely (if at all) sad endings. Her past shows usually hint that the male and female protagonists will be together, but I've yet to see one in the typical fairy-tale ... prince & princess got married and they lived happily ever after. I'm OK with that actually, otherwise it's too predictable. 

* I stopped believing the previews coz I've been fooled so many times before ... HAHA. 

* Mr Sunshine caught my eye by chance after 2 years of hiatus, and it didn't disappoint. Already at episode 22, I guess I'm spared the torturous weekly wait, especially when they are so good at ending with nail-biting cliffhangers. But then I also missed the discussions and speculations. Funny it was Byun Yo-Han (6 Flying Dragons) and Jin Gu (cameo) who caught my attention, not the famous Lee Byung-Hun. 

Here's hoping for a good ending ... or at least don't make us scratch out heads :P

• Like 6

Episode 23 is emotionally draining to watch as it showed the sad situation of the people in Joseon during that time. I do admire and give credit to Kim Eun Seok in showing the events as they happened and not sugar coating them for the viewers. However, since this is a fictional account, I still hope that she could write a good ending for the main characters that we love like Eugene and Ae Shin and Hui Seong and the seamstress to provide some message of hope and positivity of how the people could survive and live through the turbulent times as well.

The story of Hina and Dong Mae reminds me of the story of Roxanne and Cyrano Bergerac which had left a deep impression on me. 

Roxanne is the beautiful distant cousin of Cyrano that he had always been in love with but whom he did not confess as he felt that she would not love him due to his nose. He helped another man to win her heart through writing letters to her in his name. Roxanne wasted her time longing for that other man when in fact the one she loved was Cyrano and when she realised it, it was too late as Cyrano was already dying due to fatal wounds sustained.

Dong Mae wasted his time and even his life with his obsession over the wrong person and not realising that the woman who is in fact his soul mate is right there beside him all the while, Hina. Hina was also looking at the wrong man but she realised how futile it was earlier and wisely let go when she realised how futile it was. When Hina was finally able to confess to him, it was 3 years later when he finally returned to Joseon but it was too late as she was already at death’s door. If only Dong Mae had let go of Ae Shin earlier like after he cut off her hair, this is also the time when Hina finally let go of Eugene from her heart, Hina and Dong Mae might have a chance to build a life and find happiness together. 

I have watched a couple of dramas with Kim Min Jung. I recalled one was years ago with Kim Jae Won, New Heart with Ji Sung and the recent Man to Man. I think this is her best performance in all the works that I had seen her in. She also looked the most beautiful in this role. Kudos to the stylists responsible for styling her in this drama. Really hope that she can win some awards for this role. 

• Like 7

In the middle of the episode. My heart and nose hurt from crying so much... :tears:

I understand that the show is an homage to the unsung heroes of the Korean resistance, but I hope that it makes us all adamant about not allowing war anywhere on this earth ever again... It's asking for much, but at least she [the writer] would have succeeded in reminding us of its horrors. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4