Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Happy to bring great news! Mr. Sunshine premium version blu-ray is sold out, so barring any unforeseen circumstance, we'll get the blu-ray! 

So, we'll be able to have blu-ray version of original drama, and all the clips that didn't make to broadcast in DVD. Which includes, this one!

viewimage.php?id=20afc333ebc130af60ba&no

This is another difference between the script and the drama, that the script(book) has it and drama didn't. Yay :D:D:D

It's still long way to go until we get this in our possession finally, but thanks for all the support from soompi Mr Sunshine fans, you guys rock!!!

• Like 6

Thanks so much @mistymorning for sharing the awesome news! :w00t: Congrats and well done to everyone.. from coordinating to highlighting to promoting the blu-ray day in and day out. Finally, all the hard work & effort have been rewarded. It's one hurdle down, we hope the rest will work out smoothly.. with the handling and delivery of all the orders. Sunshiners are fabulous fans, indeed! mrs.jpg

Here's a little review, translated from Malay..

Overall critique: ".. The elements of romance, action, political crisis and humor were well-balanced & mixed together without over done cheesiness. It would be such a loss if anyone would skip watching the drama just because it doesn't conclude with a happy ending..." -xyla73

Source: KMania

• Like 6

YYS sent snack truck to BH, to his movie "Chiefs of Namsan".

Snack truck placard is saying...

I hope the flavor is deep.

Please eat your fill, chief nauri

from Yeonmonty - (for a while, I'm being British*.)

Rooting for Lee ByungHun sunbaenim and "Chiefs of Namsan" team!!

* I believe this refers to current musical YYS is doing, A gentleman's Guide. He's probably doing Lord Montague "Monty".

• Like 5

Thank very much @mistymorning for the snack truck update, so cool to see the fellow AS-fanboys sending their support to Eugene in his new 'movie/job' position. :lol: All of them are still in MR.SUNSHINE mode, it's one drama experience they'll never forget.. and for us, too.

Lee Byung Hun will obviously mention this later on his IG.. wonder what MR.SUNSHINE caption he will highlight. :P In the meantime, his IG entry thanking another Eugene fanboy, GwanSoo (Jo Woo Jin) for his coffee truck in October.

Credit: mistymorning translated the gist at LBH soompi thread ~ MR.SUNSHINE quotes never stops mrs.jpg 

BH's saying

You forgot the adjective.

#handsome

* This is the coffee truck Jo WooJin sent to the "Chiefs of Namsan" set. Placard is saying

Not all department heads are created equal

Our honey department head is special~

and the side placard is saying

different scale!

Cheers for the movie "Chiefs of Namsan" 

Lee Byung-Hun hyungnim fighting!

- from actor Jo WooJin. - 

Walking down Memory Lane 

Sunshine Land's landmark: GLORY HOTEL

Photos: Peppermint

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

December 21, 2018

Check Out The Most-Watched Miniseries Dramas Of 2018

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

Check Out The Most-Watched Miniseries Dramas Of 2018

As we approach the end of 2018, the industry is taking a look back at some of the year’s most popular dramas!

On December 21, a new report ranked the miniseries dramas that scored the highest viewership ratings in 2018 (according to Nielsen Korea). The report took into consideration all miniseries that aired between January 1 and December 20, 2018, including dramas that aired on public broadcast networks (SBS, KBS, and MBC) and dramas that aired on cable networks (such as JTBC, MBN, tvN, OCN, and more).

SBS’s “Return,” which aired from January 17 to March 22, took No. 1 in the rankings as the most-watched miniseries drama of 2018. The mystery thriller drama, which enjoyed average nationwide viewership ratings as high as 17.4 percent and a peak of 20.1 percent, told the suspenseful story of a lawyer and a detective joining forces to investigate a high-society murder case.

Despite facing an unusual hurdle—”Return” switched its lead actress halfway through its run, citing personal conflicts between leading lady Go Hyun Jung and the production staff—the drama still managed to score the highest viewership ratings of any miniseries this year.

A representative of SBS’s drama division commented, “Director Joo Dong Min, who [helmed] ‘Return,’ is currently working on the drama ‘The Last Empress.’ It’s worth keeping an eye on the speedy rise [in viewership ratings] of ‘The Last Empress’ as well.”

Check out the top 11 highest-rated miniseries dramas of 2018 below!

1. SBS’s “Return”
2. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
3. KBS 2TV’s “The Miracle We Met”
4. tvN’s “Encounter” [currently airing]
5. tvN’s “Prison Playbook”
6. SBS’s “Should We Kiss First”
7. SBS’s “30 but 17”
8. SBS’s “The Last Empress” [currently airing]
9. KBS 2TV’s “Black Knight”
10. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
11. MBC’s “Less than Evil”

Source (1)

• Like 6

Thanks to gelzgoddess for sharing pics of the Sunshine & Love talk concert. There were video messages from actors Bae Jeong Nam and Kim Eul Sung.

Speaking of Bae Jeong Nam earlier I watched a video where HCY went to attend a fashion show (Seoul Fashion Week) and saw a cool-looking male model, but didn't realise he was the actor in "Mr Sunshine" until I watched this:

Spoiler

05:40

Students from the Korean Language Institute went on the Sunshine & Love tour, here's an article:

http://www.yskli.com/_en/pr/news.asp?page=1&bidx=16403&SFIELD=&GTXT=&bgbn=R

• Like 4

Thanks so much @cynkdf for the concert highlight, fan-sharing & updates. The KLI students sure had a great time touring the filming set and attending the concert. Totally agree that it was a surprise seeing actor BJN on the runway, I was watching 'My Ugly Duckling' (the show feat. Mrs. Sunshine, as they called their guest MC=LBH's wife) and there was a segment showing BJN along with David McInnis (Kyle) hanging out together after filming a new movie.

Is the Sunshine & Love Concert held a one time event or is it held for selected days.. like, for the visitors to Sunshine Land this end of the year holidays? Looks like the next related (musical) event will be the Orchestra OST Concert in February 2019.

Anyway, as expected.. Eugene posted on his IG pics  of the coffee truck sent by DongMae with reply caption from MR.SUNSHINE, of course. :P

December 22, 2018

Yoo Yeon Suk Sends Coffee Truck To “Mr. Sunshine” Co-Star Lee Byung Hun’s Movie Set

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

Yoo Yeon Suk Sends Coffee Truck To âMr. Sunshineâ Co-Star Lee Byung Hunâs Movie Set

Another “Mr. Sunshine” co-star has sent Lee Byung Hun their support on the set of his new movie!

Last week, Lee Byung Hun posted a photo of the coffee truck that Byun Yo Han sent him on the set of “Managers of Namsan” (literal title).

On December 21, Lee Byung Hun posted another photo of the coffee truck sent him by Yoo Yeon Suk. The banner on the coffee truck shows a photo of Yoo Yeon Suk and an adapted quote from “Mr. Sunshine.”

Instead of signing off with his character name from the drama, though, the banner concludes, “From Monty (I am an Englishman for the time being).” This is a reference to Yoo Yeon Suk’s current musical, “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.”

In his Instagram post, Lee Byung Hun wrote, “I should hate you but I like you, I’m in trouble.”

Source (1)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

W i s h i n g  e v e r y o n e  c e l e b r a t i n g

th_xmas-tree.gifth_snowman.gifth_xmas-tree.gifth_xmas-tree.gifth_snowman.gif th_xmas-tree.gifth_xmas-tree.gifth_xmastree1.gifth_xmas-tree.gifth_xmas-tree.gifth_snowman.gif th_xmas-tree.gifth_xmas-tree.gifth_snowman.gifth_xmas-tree.gif

xmas-happy.gif

elbhxmas.gif

Credit: Chungmuro Crumb

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Sunshine team had 2018 year-end party. From Kim Nawoon and BH's instagram.

Go to 2nd photo and you'll see BH, KTR, KES, LEB, YYS, BYH and all.

• Like 6

Finally, the full Sunshine team gathering.. and Eugene has his hair trimmed! :lol:

So happy seeing these captures.. but a bit sad as well. We'll miss you, MR.SUNSHINE!

Source: StarNews

Body image

Eugene caricature by maibalily19

Photos: gimyeyeong54

MR.SUNSHINE Coloring Book ~

Spoiler

• Like 5

December 28, 2018

The Most Empowering Moments Of 2018 For Women In K-Entertainment

Source: Soompi by hgordon (for full article please refer Soompi new site)

2018 was a remarkable year for women in the Korean entertainment industry, with female singers and actresses breaking records, achieving new firsts, and making inspiring contributions both in and outside of their work. Whether playing admirable K-drama characters, performing motivational songs, or spreading positivity and self-acceptance, our favorite female K-entertainers truly made 2018 their year. Here’s a walk through the year’s nine most empowering moments for women in K-entertainment. Get ready to be inspired!

1. BoA’s “Woman”

2. The success of BLACKPINK’s “DDU-DU DDU-DU”

3. Amber Liu’s body positivity

4. HyunA’s poise

5. Inspiring K-drama leads

mrsun12_03.gif

K-dramas in 2018 abounded with more badass women than ever before, giving us strong leading ladies who carried their shows and inspired us with determination and self-discovery. Here are a few of our faves:

Spoiler

Kim-Tae-Ri-Lee-Byung-Hun.gif

Kim Tae Ri fought for freedom as Go Ae Shin in “Mr. Sunshine,” challenging her traditional societal role as a noblewoman and never hesitating to prioritize her Righteous Army missions over men — no matter what her feelings for them.

6. “Herstory”

7. Support for the “Me Too” movement

8. Lee Young Ja’s Daesang

9. Empowering music

Photo: Chungmuro Crumb

• Like 5

Another VOD related news.

Source: Seoul Economy

SKB Btv End of Year Best Special ... upto 50% discount

SKB Btv âì°ë§ ë² ì¤í¸ í¹ì§ê´â ì´ì...ìµë 50% í ì¸

SK Broadband Btv is having year-end VOD special that were viewed most in the year of 2018.  It'll be 3 themes, 

the bestseller movies of the year, the most viewed drama of the year, steadyseller kids title of the year. The list is based on real Btv users 2018 usage data. 

The most popular movies of the year

1. Along with the gods: The Two Worlds

2. Along with the gods: The Last 49 Days

3. Believer

4. The witch

5. Avengers: Infinity war

The most viewed dramas of the year

1. Mr Sunshine

2. Prison playbook

3. My Golden Life

4. My Ajjussi

5. What's Wrong with Secretary Kim

6. Something in the rain

Actor Yoon Juman(Character:Yujo in Mr Sunshine) also uploaded party photo.

• Like 5

Related MR.SUNSHINE excerpt, full article HEREth_zz_searchdoc.gif

December 28, 2018

Top 10 entertainment headlines in 2018

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

The media industry in 2018 has been plagued by many unfortunate events. The year started out with the #MeToo movement that engulfed many stars including sexual misconduct scandal-hit veteran actor Jo Min-ki who eventually ended his own life before a police investigation. 

It ended with a growing number of celebrities embroiled in their parents' debt allegations. Following rapper Microdot, who reversed his initial denial, many stars have been blamed in debt scandals involving their parents. 

It was also the year that the line dividing traditional TV and streaming media has become more blurry, with many celebrities opening YouTube channels and YouTube stars appearing on TV. 

The local drama world had seen many genre dramas but only a couple of dramas from cable channels stood out. The reality TV and cooking show trends continued this year. Many TV shows including "Mr. Sunshine" and "Memories of the Alhambra" reached more drama fans around the world on Netflix, which keeps expanding its presence in the local entertainment business. 

1. Stars in hot seat for #MeToo, debt scandal 

2. Major TV networks down, cable TV up

a143618a0ece430c83c7fc59fdb108ca.jpg
A scene from tvN drama "Mr. Sunshine" / Courtesy of CJ ENM

There was no "Descendants of the Sun"-like hit drama this year. 

Wary of YouTube and Netflix increasing their influence, major broadcasters are losing the trust of viewers. Seven dramas finished with ratings just touching the 1 percent threshold. But cable channels tvN, OCN and JTBC have made meaningful achievements, focusing on their specialties. 

The tvN blockbuster drama "Mr. Sunshine," for which Netflix invested 80 percent of its production costs, was the best drama of the year. The cable drama enjoyed more than an 18 percent viewership rating, making its star Lee Byung-hun sweep many awards. 

tvN's "100 Days My Prince" was another hit and the currently airing "Memories of Alhambra" has been received strong responses from drama fans as well. 

From "Misty" to currently broadcasting "SKY Castle" JTBC has shown strength in depicting female characters, while OCN solidified its power on genre dramas with "Life on Mars" and "The Guest." 

3. More stars head for YouTube

4. Netflix becomes game changer

5. 'Infinite Challenge' ends 13-year journey

6. Cooking show trend continues 

7. Female entertainers steal show

8. Legendary actor Shin Seong-il dies

9. Accidents reveal chronic problems in drama making 

10. Korean drama's U.S. remake wins big

jinhai@koreatimes.co.kr 

• Like 5

January 2, 2019 (related MR.SUNSHINE excerpt)

Article: 22 K-Drama Superlatives From 2018

by Belinda_C @ soompi

With 2018 now in our rear-view mirror, it’s time to look back at the year we’ve had, and celebrate all the ups-and-downs of K-dramaland. It doesn’t seem like 2018 has been a particularly strong year for K-dramas, with quite a few shows starting out strong but losing the plot halfway through or just being a let down in general.

Despite so, there are still some really good gems out there, with a little something for everyone. So in order to honor the multitude of dramas that have (for better or worse) accompanied us through our own ups-and-downs, here’s the superlative style round up for 2018.

This list (in no particular order) is more fun than authoritative, and aims to spread the love and include as many dramas as possible. So feel free to come up with your own categories and nominations and share them with us in the comments section below!

Disclaimer: The article only includes dramas that started airing between December 1, 2017 to November 30, 2018. Also, minor spoilers ahead!

Most buzzy return to the small screen

Lee Byung Hun, “Mr. Sunshine”

lee-byung-hun-mr-sunshine.jpg

Aired on: tvN
Air date: July 7 – September 30, 2018 (24 eps.)

Starring: Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, Yoo Yeon Seok, Kim Min Jung, Byun Yo Han

Lee Byung Hun’s last lead role on TV was in 2009 (“IRIS“), thus when news of him starring in “Mr. Sunshine” started spreading — a Kim Eun Sook vehicle no less — it generated major buzz. The epic storytelling, coupled with Lee Byung Hun’s captivating performance, kept the drama on the list of most buzzworthy dramas for many consecutive weeks. The talented actor himself also won a Daesang for this role at the 2018 Asia Artist Awards.

Mr.-Sunshine-Lee-Byung-Hun-gif.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

New year starts with a happy news! We finally got confirmation from production company. 

992619415C2E31A716BCBA

• Like 4

On 1/4/2019 at 4:23 AM, mistymorning said:

New year starts with a happy news! We finally got confirmation from production company. 

That's a great news, indeed! Finally fans are relieved of the anxiety from last year.. the rush of getting the number of orders in and then waiting for the confirmation.

Now a happy kind of mood is taking over while waiting the special package to arrive. mrs.jpg

January 3, 2019

Here Are The Top 10 Most Buzzworthy Dramas Of 2018

Source: Soompi by D. S.kim

Here Are The Top 10 Most Buzzworthy Dramas Of 2018

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in 2018 have been revealed!

On January 3, Good Data Corporation Korea released the list of dramas that generated the most buzz in 2018. The company gathered data from the dramas that started airing after January 1, 2018 and ended before December 31, 2018.

As a result, JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” with Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin took first place. The drama, which aired from March 30 to May 1, 2018, received much praise for realistically portraying a couple’s romance and addressing various societal issues at the same time.

Good-Corporation-Data.jpg

Top 10 Buzzworthy Drama Of 2018:

1. JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”
2. tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
3. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
4. tvN’s “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?”
5. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
6. JTBC’s “The Beauty Inside”
7. OCN’s “The Guest”
8. JTBC’s “Misty”
9. JTBC’s “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty”
10. SBS’s “Return”

Top 10 Dramas With Highest Increase Rate In Buzz From First To Last Week Of Broadcast:

1. OCN’s “The Guest”
2. JTBC’s “Misty”
3. JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”
4. OCN’s “Life on Mars”
5. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
6. OCN’s “Children of a Lesser God”
7. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
8. tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
9. JTBC’s “The Beauty Inside”
10. tvN’s “Mother”

Top 10 Dramas That Generated The Most Buzz In Their Last Week Of Broadcast:

1. tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
2. OCN’s “The Guest”
3. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
4. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
5. JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”
6. tvN’s “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?”
7. JTBC’s “The Beauty Inside”
8. JTBC’s “Misty”
9. JTBC’s “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty”
10. OCN’s “Life on Mars”

Source (1)

Clip: Sunshine Studio

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Clip: Sunshine Studio

Sunshine Studio Hansung tram service guide 
ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ 

Source: VisitKorea @KoreanTravel

January 5, 2019

Korean Actors Brush up on English-Language Skills

By Pyo Tae-jun The Chosun Ilbo

In his latest film "Take Point," Ha Jung-woo's lines are mostly in English as he heads a group of mercenaries. Ha admits that playing the part was "quite a challenge."

"It drove me nuts whenever my language coach pointed out an incorrect pronunciation when I said a line while trying to immerse myself into my character," he said.

But as Korean films ride a wave of K-pop enthusiasm overseas, it has to be done. Ha took one-on-one English language lessons for six months before filming began.

He and his teacher, Christine Kim, would go for walks during lessons to make speaking English become more natural. "I made him memorize the words, accent and gestures of his favorite basketball player Kobe Bryant and Tom Cruise after watching YouTube," Kim said. "We never sat down when we met for lessons and I trained him to speak in English while walking or moving. A natural sense of language comes with gestures or movements."

In the movie "Default," which is about the 1997 Asian financial crisis, French actor Vincent Cassel and his co-star Kim Hye-soo speak to each other in English. And in "The Drug King," which opened last month, Bae Doo-na also speaks English. She has employed a dialect coach since the early 2000s as she has appeared in a couple of Hollywood films.

Lee Byung-hun, who played a U.S. Marine in the TV drama, "Mr. Sunshine," took English conversation classes at a crammer in Gangnam. Park Jung-geun, the personal tutor for Lee as well as Yoo Ji-tae and Han Hyo-joo, said, "Learning English while sitting down and focusing primarily on grammar is no help at all when acting in a scene. The secret is using hands and learning other gestures.

• Like 4

Variety 2019: Coffee Friends 커피프렌즈 with Yoo Yeon Seok & Son Ho Juncuppa.gif

January 9, 2019

Inaugural episode of 'Coffee Friends' lands high on weekly TV chart

SEOUL, Jan. 9 (Yonhap) -- Entertainment-oriented cable channel tvN's new reality show "Coffee Friends" landed high on the weekly TV program chart in the week of the show's debut, data showed Wednesday.

The tvN program, which ran its first episode on Friday, earned a Content Power Index (CPI) score of 239.4 for the week of Dec. 31-Jan. 6.

The brand new show famously employed two heartthrobs, Son Ho-joon and Yoo Yeon-seok. Yoo cemented his presence with a breakout role in the wildly successful 2018 tvN drama series "Mr. Sunshine."

The new reality program was inspired by the two close friends' private charity project of the same title. The program reflects the continuing popularity of reality shows featuring gastronomy and celebrities in South Korea.

"Coffee Friends" follows the two young bachelors' attempt to build a brunch place out of a tangerine farm house on the scenic Jeju Island.

Other big-name entertainers, including Choi Ji-woo, are invited as guests of the Friday night show to add sparkle.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

The weekly chart was topped by tvN drama series "Encounter," starring Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum. The Wednesday-Thursday program depicts the journey of Cha Soo-hyun, a daughter of a high-profile politician who divorced her chaebol husband, to find her true love.

"Encounter" garnered a 269.4 CPI score and was followed by the SBS drama series "The Last Empress," which earned 252.6.

CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media presence and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on the three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and the seven cable channels owned by CJ ENM, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time.

JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

Spoiler

This image of tvN reality show "Coffee Friends" was provided by the cable channel. (Yonhap)

This image of tvN reality show "Coffee Friends" was provided by the cable channel. (Yonhap)

pbr@yna.co.kr

• Like 4