Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Eugene is the current consul, so he should write/create a marriage certificate and arrange wedding rings (or they are only enaged?). This should look realistically shown, because they would let her out of the country like that? There are restrictions on taking a woman on board.

Edit:

RA must have prepared the way back from Japan to Joseon. Just how is Aeshin intends to go back when there are restrictions and Eugene will go further?

1. It would be interesting if Eun San told her that she should go to US (order? her time is over?) or he started working with Eugene or take his side and send her to a safe place - US. Eun San give Eugene the missionary under care so the situation may look similar.

2. Unless Eugene will be a deserter and come back to her and follow her to Joseon. They can die in Joseon or be saved by Americans chased by Musin Society or Japanese soldiers thanks to Kyle (he send telegram  to US and explain sytuation and they forgive Eugene for the former merit and Aeshin  officialy become American citizen and both must go US). Kyle save both of them in Japan and there must also be American soldiers - US legation.

3. They can either die in Japan (together holding hands like heroes and lovers? such a romantic version) or go to US together (her decision after mission in Japan) .

4. She die for country and he stay alone?

Something else? More or less realistic

The possibilities are so many and I wonder what writers will choose. I'm waiting now - the question is whether I will be satisfied or disappointed by the finale. I am losing certainty in writers (after ep 19-20 and synopsis ep 21) and this may be my last post :) maybe I will not have anything to comment on... maybe they'll fix something in episode 21-22 and the inspiration will come back.

• Like 2

Does anyone here know if/when tvN will release the synopsis for E21? @mistymorning , you are the one who usually posts the synposes, so could you please be on the lookout for the E21 synopsis and post it here  if it gets released tomorrow? Thanks in advance.

@mistergenie, here you go... but another sad clues...

Text preview for episode 21:

AS(KTR) tries to get to Japan using Eugene(LBH). Eugene takes her hands even though he knows her intention. Arriving Japan, Eugene has a premonition of sad parting with AS...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, mistymorning said:

@mistergenie, here you go... but another sad clues...

Text preview for episode 21:

AS tries to get to Japan using Eugene(KTR). Eugene takes her hands even though he knows her intention. Arriving Japan, Eugene has a premonition of sad parting with AS...

Ooh! thanks. Wasn't expecting it to be posted until tomorrow.

You know, I can't decide what is more depressing - the  gloomy synopsis or the fact that I am a little bit happy that Eugene and Ae Shin at least get to spend some time together, albeit under such sad circumstances..

SPECULATION TIME:

AS tries to get to Japan using Eugene(KTR). Eugene takes her hands even though he knows her intention.

Poor Eugene - He knows what's up but he he is too noble a character to call her out on it. He would rather sacrifice and suffer.

Anyways, previously, I have found the synopses of Mr. Sunshine to be too literal and matter of fact - so Eugene taking Ae Shin's hands may literally mean just that - he takes her hands in his and agrees to go with her. OR it could mean a fake marriage and the whole shebang of fake certificate and fake rings. I will safely go with the former option.

Arriving in Japan, Eugene has a premonition of sad parting with AS...

Hmm. She will definitely part with him once they reach Japan but I don't think she will straight up say it to him but rather give him the slip and disappear. It is another matter if Eugene will let her go away like that - from the preview we see him on the rooftop in a mask, following someone - he is definitely on to her.

I wonder when and where the other parts of the preview take place - does AS run into Dong Mae in Japan? Possible, no? Or maybe she first goes to him in Joseon to gather information on the Mushin Society HQ in Japan.

About AS's clothes - there are some sequences of scenes in the preview where she is in Western clothes (red hat and blue coat) running with Eugene and alone too, in a bid to escape from people chasing them/her. There are also scenes in which she is in her RA attire of dark suit, pointing a gun from a rooftop and later getting attacked by some men - now, which of these events come first - the events where she is in a Western dress or the events when she is in her RA attire suit? What do you guys think?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mistergenie said:

ARGH!!!! So we have to wait until the 29th and 30th to watch the final two episodes?  *violently flips imaginary table*

*Picks up table to be flipped again*  :P

Well.. we could see it this way.. the drama doesn't end too soon on the 22-23/9 weekend. It's unavoidable because on Chuseok, there'll be special festive programs and movies screened on tv. MR.SUNSHINE wasn't affected by the Asian Games before, unlike other dramas, it was not postponed although ratings dropped a bit. So.. this the time to test the 'patience' of viewers.. in the cruelest way possible. :lol:

Credit: kimjihyeon_21

• Like 6

Always amazed at how imaginative and artistic these fan art are.  :D Fans resorting to creating their own k scene out of frustration from waiting for 20 episodes in vain. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Episode 21 preview on Netflix has English subs differ slightly from the ones subbed by others. In Netflix preview, Eugene asked how far would Ae Shin go in exploiting him? Very heartbreaking to see this. Sigh...:bawling:

Below is the earlier one that I have seen on YouTube. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, mistergenie said:

ARGH!!!! So we have to wait until the 29th and 30th to watch the final two episodes?  *violently flips imaginary table*

As Captain America says Patience is a virtue, but iam not him and nor patience as one of my virtue  ill join in flipping tables with you :D

• Haha 6

58 minutes ago, charray said:

Episode 21 preview on Netflix has English subs differ slightly from the ones subbed by others. In Netflix preview, Eugene asked how far would Ae Shin go in exploiting him? Very heartbreaking to see this. Sigh...:bawling:

That wording is indeed all kinds of heartbreaking. I wonder what her response will be to that question.

Also, even though this is a very high quality promo, I am still unable to understand what's exactly happening in the scene where Ae Shin is being attacked by a bunch of sword wielding men. She is resting her hand on someone as she tries to avoid the blows and the question has been nagging me all week - who is it? Eugene? Dong Mae? Mystery person? Also in that scene, one of the men who comes in last, attacks/pushes away one of the men attacking her. Who is he?

• Like 3

@mistergenie I try not to pay too much attention to the previews after being repeatedly fooled previously :mellow:.. they're either misleading or simply showing sad ending all the way. But what you wrote just reminded me of something.. Ae Shin will reunite with someone from her past, the person who saved her as a baby(?).. or something to that effect. 

Humbly hoping @mistymorning could enlighten us on this. With 4 episodes left, seems like there will be a 'new character' appearing in the drama.

Source: OSEN ++

'미스터션샤인' 지승현, 김태리와 만날까? '동분서주' 미스터리男 활약
2018-09-14 14:15

201809141411770919_5b9b440ed0fd9.jpg

[OSEN=최나영 기자] '미스터 션샤인' 송영과 애기씨는 만날 수 있을까?

Spoiler

tvN 주말드라마 ‘미스터 션샤인’이 종영까지 단 4회 만을 앞둔 가운데, 서로 밀접한 관계로 얽혀있는 송영(지승현 분)과 고애신(김태리 분)의 만남이 과연 성사될 수 있을지에 시청자들의 관심이 쏠리고 있다.

송영은 고애신의 의열단 동료로, 갓난아기인 고애신을 일본의 공격에서 구해낸 것은 물론 조부인 고사홍 손에서 자랄 수 있게 해주는 등 고애신에게는 목숨을 살려 준 생명의 은인. 

특히 극중 송영이라는 인물에 대해서는 자세하게 알려진 바 없으나, 의열단을 이끄는 주 축이자 스토리의 중심에서 중요한 키를 가지고 있는 인물로 부각되고 있다. 

지승현은 KBS 2TV ‘러블리 호러블리’에서도 정체를 알 수 없는 범죄자 사동철 역으로 활약 했으며, 이어 ‘미스터 션샤인’을 통해 또 한번 '미스터리남'으로 동분서주 활약 중이다.

한편, ‘미스터 션샤인’은 신미양요 때 군함에 승선해 미국에 떨어진 한 소년이 미국 군인 신분으로 자신을 버린 조국인 조선으로 돌아와 주둔하며 벌어지는 일을 그린 드라마. 매주 토, 일요일 오후 9시 방송. /nyc@osen.co.kr 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, rubie said:

Humbly hoping @mistymorning could enlighten us on this. With 4 episodes left, seems like there will be a 'new character' appearing in the drama.

Source: OSEN ++

'미스터션샤인' 지승현, 김태리와 만날까? '동분서주' 미스터리男 활약
2018-09-14 14:15

[OSEN=최나영 기자] '미스터 션샤인' 송영과 애기씨는 만날 수 있을까?

Reveal hidden contents

tvN 주말드라마 ‘미스터 션샤인’이 종영까지 단 4회 만을 앞둔 가운데, 서로 밀접한 관계로 얽혀있는 송영(지승현 분)과 고애신(김태리 분)의 만남이 과연 성사될 수 있을지에 시청자들의 관심이 쏠리고 있다.

송영은 고애신의 의열단 동료로, 갓난아기인 고애신을 일본의 공격에서 구해낸 것은 물론 조부인 고사홍 손에서 자랄 수 있게 해주는 등 고애신에게는 목숨을 살려 준 생명의 은인. 

특히 극중 송영이라는 인물에 대해서는 자세하게 알려진 바 없으나, 의열단을 이끄는 주 축이자 스토리의 중심에서 중요한 키를 가지고 있는 인물로 부각되고 있다. 

지승현은 KBS 2TV ‘러블리 호러블리’에서도 정체를 알 수 없는 범죄자 사동철 역으로 활약 했으며, 이어 ‘미스터 션샤인’을 통해 또 한번 '미스터리남'으로 동분서주 활약 중이다.

한편, ‘미스터 션샤인’은 신미양요 때 군함에 승선해 미국에 떨어진 한 소년이 미국 군인 신분으로 자신을 버린 조국인 조선으로 돌아와 주둔하며 벌어지는 일을 그린 드라마. 매주 토, 일요일 오후 9시 방송. /nyc@osen.co.kr 

That actor is for the character RA member Song Young, who's working in Shanghai. We saw him first in Joseon court, discussing fate of Joseon people who were captured by US (from the attack on Gangwha island) in the episode 1(or 2? sorry my failing memory), and then one of 2 friends who came back with baby Aeshin from failed assassination attempt on WI from Japan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

@mistymorning Aha! Thank you so much for the info on SongYeong.

@rubie  So, looks like the mystery person with whom she reunites will be Song Yeong, her father's friend. Last we heard of him, he was set up in Shanghai - so, this means that Ae Shin will successfully reach Shanghai from Japan. I have a feeling though that she won't be able to rescue LJM - he may die in Japan. Most of all, I wonder if Eugene also accompanies her to Shanghai. Or does he help her in Japan and parts ways to go back to America? That would explain why she is probably alone when she is being attacked.

ARGH! At this point, another separation would be just sadistic on the writer's part. Kicking us while we are down.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1