Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

7 hours ago, philosophie said:

Have we had a kiss scene yet? Will we have one??

I have been asking that since E13. I don't think it will happen. The story line and the fast pace of the drama is so good that it really doesn't need a kissing scene to make it worth waiting for. Of course, the Goddess of love might spring some scenes into this drama before it ends (not after it ends). :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Okay, just saw 19 and 20, read the last seven pages of comments, and I HAVE THINGS TO SAY.

I've been waiting for Eugene to offer to help Ae-Shin by making her the wife of an American citizen. It seemed like she was asking (or about to ask) him for this very thing. My prediction: they'll get married for real (legally, no big ceremony), which they'll both keep saying is for the cause, even though they really are not at all unhappy to be married to one another. They'll get married in Japan, though, since she's an unofficially wanted woman in Joseon.

On Eugene going back to his homeland: at some point in the next four episodes, he's going to declare that he's already in his homeland. (He has a mountain, after all!)

I *still* don't fully understand the hair-cutting thing. Was there some significance that was supposed to come out later, or was this yet another time when everyone was telling everyone else what to do, exacting promises, taking actions to protect one another, and then all plans changed when everyone just decided they were going to do whatever they wanted, anyway? 

Poor Gunner Jang!

Did anyone else notice that the paper Kyle handed Eugene said "State of Washington" on it? What? Why? What would Washington state have to do with a Marine officer's transfer orders? Oh, did they confuse the state of Washington with Washington, D.C.? Loads of weird little (and big) inaccuracies regarding the US in this thing, but that one... I mean... why?

What's going on with Dong-Mae and Hotaru in the preview? 

I want to know Yoojo's back story, too.

Is this going to be another one of those dramas where the main couple are separate for a year during the last episode, and are still as much in love as ever when they get back together? I mean, they were already separated for 6 months, right? Can we skip all that this time?

Possible ending: Eugene and Ae-shin's deaths mirror her parents' deaths in Japan. Their child is smuggled away and raised by Hui-Seung and and Hina.

Mori with that child in the preview.  Is Eugene going to find out that Mori had a family he didn't know about and then feel bad about killing him?

• Like 7

I fully understand that AS is committed to fight for her country. Asking EC to bring her to America is just a step to make it happen. EC doesn't show any reluctance to help AS on her cause. He loves her and he is just following the request of AS Grandpa to keep her safe from harm. EC will surely help AS and he will also make himself useful to the cause of the Righteous Army. The preview of E21 seems to be action packed and hopefully up to E24.

I really admire the writer and director of this drama for bringing us a drama that could put ourselves on the edge of our seat. :sweatingbullets: :thumbsup:

• Like 9

September 9, 2018

"Mr. Sunshine" Kim Min-jung Helps Kim Tae-ri Commit Murder

Source: STARNEWS via HanCinema.net

photo1000362.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Mr. Sunshine", Kudo Hina (Kim Min-jung) went to Dr. Matsuyama to erase the crime of having killed Lee Wan-ik (Kim Eui-sung).

Go Ae-sin (Kim Tae-ri) shot Wan-ik and left. Hina arrived at Wan-ik's place to see him dead, but his death didn't move her. She told Eugene Choi (Lee Byung-hun) and Goo Dong-mae (Yoo Yeon-seok) that she'd take care of it.

She said to the dead body, "Be a father to me for once". She took the body to Dr. Matsuyama and shot him dead. She laid the dead body next to him as well as the gun and Matsuyama's fake will, hiding traces of Go Ae-sin's crime.

• Like 5

Regarding the coffee-truffle things-

A version of instant coffee has been around since the 1880's. A few people have said that the product shown in the show is entirely new, either created for the show and then released to consumers, or created for mass retail and shown in the show. While the people behind Mr. Sunshine haven't always been careful with historical facts, this seems pretty far out there in terms of anachronism. Are ya'll sure that the new product has no historical equal?

ETA: Oh, it seems the exact brand may be linked to the show, but the concept of coffee cubes is not new: https://www.jivacubes.com/

ETA2: Now I'm reading that a sort of liquid-instant coffee was used during the American Civil War. It tasted terrible, though, and everyone hated it, so they stopped making it. I'm... learning a lot over here.

• Like 6

Thanks to Chungmuro Crumb for always highlighting MR.SUNSHINE's news update

September 10, 2018

MR.SUNSHINE Tops Most Buzzworthy Dramas List for 6th week in a row

TV Report: This Most Buzzworthy Dramas & Actors survey is based on the analysis of online articles, blogs, community, SNS, video responses of 31 TV dramas that are being broadcast or scheduled to be broadcast from Sept. 3 to Sept. 9, 2018 by GOOD DATA CORPORATION. The results were announced on September 10. 

Drama Ranking:

1. MR.SUNSHINE
2. My ID is Gangnam Beauty 
3. Familiar Wife 
4. Thirty But Seventeen
5. 100 Days Husband

Actors Ranking:

1. Kim Tae Ri
2. Lee Byung Hun

3. Cha Eun Woo
4. Im Soo Hyang
5. Yoo Yeon Seok 
6. Shin Hye Sun
7. Do Kyung Soo
8. Yang Se Jong
9. Han Ji Min
10. Byun Yo Han

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I found on twitter the link to this interesting article. It is on a site that seems to belong to a company about management and strategies.  The title of the article is “the 7 leadership qualities used by Mr. Sunshine” .  Hope I can post it here https://strategicteams.wordpress.com/2018/09/10/the-7-leadership-qualities-used-by-mr-sunshine/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, ces8 said:

There is no denying that Ae Sin loves Eugene but this are trying times and war is brewing...It may look that way, that Ae Sin was going to use Eugene to pull the impossible mission but (from what I understood...personal Interpretation so I may be wrong) the day when Eugene's life was spared and accepted to be an instructor in the military academy...Ae Sin and Eugene are already comrades (secret ally)...the scene with Go Sang Hong and GDM is also a testament when the grandfather explains why Eugene has to be the one to kill Mori. Furthermore the scene in the bridge when Eugene told Mori that he just made up his mind and will kill him. So I think Ae Sin went to Eugene as a comrade seeking for aid...well Eugene's response is of personal and as a lover...I cannot blame him...their love story is really complicated blossomed in a world of chaos but I remember that Ae Sin mentioned that if love is just limited to one then no different love stories can be ever told. (something along those lines)

He refused the first time and wanted to leave the country (revenge - parents, fear that she didnt accept his origin and for her safety, when she cried a lot and gave him hope he stayed longer)

Eugene became an instructor to train her companions. He hoped that he would prolong the fall of the country for a few days and would like to gain in her eyes once again (love despite grandfather's objection).

After the fall of the Go family, she disappeared for two months (he heard only about the killed soldiers in the temple). When he started missing her and met her, they started arguing (I'm on Eugene's side) and after a moment of reflection she said that she would keep in touch and stole the music box. She gave him hope again that she cares about him.

She disappeared for half a year and didnt give a sign of life. She appeared with a request and a promise that she would go with him to the USA. She heard that he was leaving the country. She again gave him hope she cares about him despite his anger and doubt.

He saw no reason to kill Takashi Mori. Now he can try to fulfill his promise to her grandfather. On the preview we can see the colonel, his child and his wife (it is possible that he left for Japan and this is place where Eugene want kill him). He will want to destroy the wall that Lord Go set - a tragic character who wants to save the woman he loves and being happy/being with her.

The question is whether she wants to use him only as a companion or fulfill a promise to a man who loves her and repay him.

He spent two years in Joseon and many his actions was mainly for her. 

Aeshin: There is another man in my heart. I will walk alongside him and won't marry anyone.

Aeshin: I have let another man into my heart. And I'm risking my everything for him. There is no going back and I have no regrets.

Aeshin:  This has nothing with him. I have trained to the point where i dont need a shield,  I dont intend to use him as one in any way (realy? he was quite often her shield - when she almost was japanese hostage - and in Japan it will be the same because she need him for safe trip)

Lord Go "What on earth do you whish to do with a man like this? Do you wish to die with him?" (old customs? noblewoman and former slave relationship? execution?)

Aeshin "I want both of us to live, Im trying to live"

Lord Go "How preposterous"

Lord Go: You knew about his origin?

Aeshin: This is not his fault. Every step toward me must have been extremely difficult to take. I learned how far it must have felt when I decided to run to him. So please...

She angered Lord Go,  broke off engagement, risked her social status and now she has radically changed? The collapse of her family was a matter of time because of being anti-Japanese opposition. She killed Lee Van Ik and took her revenge for the death of her parents and the fall of her family. Now she was hiding (wanted criminal) and ran with gun for almost a year in the forest, which makes no sense and makes Eugene more hurt. She probably had some partisans missions at the time.

When I thought she was growing up and made herself more mature she took a few steps back now.

I hope that she will make the right choice - more mature choices and not childish before she met Eugene.

She will choose Eugene and give up the fight for great cause and falling country. 

She could give up love and not get this stage. Now she must make a choice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Am watching Ep 19 now and at the scene where Lee Wan-Ik brings workmen to destroy Go Sa-Hong residence.  That smirk on Lee Wan-Ik face makes me want to hang him by one leg high up in the open air where the current tram is going or better still at the gateway of Goo Dong-Mae place.  

Isn't Lee Wan-Ik himself a low-born man?  If he is, then he is in no position to act like he is noble man.

Ouch...i really need to rewatch this whole drama once it ends so can see the link more clearly. With breath in between catching only 2 eps each week and in between this drama am catching other series...am admit I am sitting on edge now.

Back to Eugene Choi and Ae-Shin. Oh I really like Mr Haengrang and Ms Haman-daek...both of them really protect Ae-Shin and I feel they are also protecting Eugene Choi in some ways. Both Haengrang and Haman-daek are like bridge between Eugene and Ae-Shin :love:

• Like 9

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

Have we had a kiss scene yet? Will we have one??

IMO , the production team is trying to set records, i mean they recorded big ratings for the 1st episode, biggest production cost, enormous cast and crew, especialy the extra (1000),best cinematography, and soon on,so why not include no K Scene in the drama, they are setting a new trend for skinship :D:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

The scenes between Dong Mae and EC, and their conversations 

are always very calming.

They went through those reports calmly, and they found what 

they were looking for.

I liked that little smile on ECs face when DM came to meet him

infront of the post office.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rubie said:

Thanks to Chungmuro Crumb for always highlighting MR.SUNSHINE's news update

September 10, 201

Drama Ranking:

1. MR.SUNSHINE
2. My ID is Gangnam Beauty 
3. Familiar Wife 
4. Thirty But Seventeen
5. 100 Days Husband

Actors Ranking:

1. Kim Tae Ri
2. Lee Byung Hun

3. Cha Eun Woo
4. Im Soo Hyang
5. Yoo Yeon Seok 
6. Shin Hye Sun
7. Do Kyung Soo
8. Yang Se Jong
9. Han Ji Min
10. Byun Yo Han

I actually hope Kim Min Jun  and Byun Yo Han would make it to top 10 and higher up. Dayum, i want 5 of them from 1st to 5th place.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, kansas424 said:

I actually hope Kim Min Jun  and Byun Yo Han would make it to top 10 and higher up. Dayum, i want 5 of them from 1st to 5th place.

Totally agree with you. ^_^

Art by Joonghyuk_Ahn

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For those who are still despairing over the latest development with Eugene and Ae Shin’s relationship, hopefully the fan-fiction below (that we never get to see) can bring a smile and brighten the mood.

Credit: @hj_ruro IG

• Like 10

IMO, you know what E20 really needed and ultimately lacked?  A montage from AS's POV. Yes, a montage of scenes from AS's POV when she disappeared for 6 months. The show stumbled here, IMHO -  they should have shown how she was coping, what she was doing, maybe a glimpse into her inner thoughts about her relationship with Eugene, maybe her inner struggle to forget him and move on, maybe even a reaction when she learned from the baker that Eugene was asking about her. Instead we got nothing and we were suddenly hit with her 'let's break up and go our separate ways' when she met with Eugene.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Someone brought up AeShin might have noticed that Eugene's name has been added to the hitlist of takashi when she retrieved her music box from Takashi's room.

Afraid Eugene might not leave Joseon, she offers to go with him. While she also get to drop off at japan halfway and bid farewell to Eugene.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

IMO, you know what E20 really needed and ultimately lacked?  A montage from AS's POV. Yes, a montage of scenes from AS's POV when she disappeared for 6 months. The show stumbled here, IMHO -  they should have shown how she was coping, what she was doing, maybe a glimpse into her inner thoughts about her relationship with Eugene, maybe her inner struggle to forget him and move on, maybe even a reaction when she learned from the baker that Eugene was asking about her. Instead we got nothing and we were suddenly hit with her 'let's break up and go our separate ways' when she met with Eugene.

Yes, the writers have spoiling this thread - her two disappearances and strange sentences. 

Her transformation is so idiotic and childish that I try to look for meaningful solutions without material (life in the forest, thoughts, doubts, problems) which has been cut out. She began to behave oddly after escaping and hiding in the forest. 

Edit: 

@kansas424

ok, it has some sense but instead of hiding it, she should reveal the truth to him. He could have died this year - murder/assasination. They both dislike each other after what happened

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, aurelionsol said:

Yes, the writers have spoiling this thread - her two disappearances and strange sentences. 

Her transformation is so idiotic and childish that I try to look for meaningful solutions without material (life in the forest, thoughts, doubts, problems) which has been cut out. She began to behave oddly after escaping and hiding in the forest. 

Edit: 

@kansas424

ok, it has some sense but instead of hiding it, she should reveal the truth to him. He could have died this year - murder/assasination. They both dislike each other after what happened

Reveal to him wouldn't make him leave though. 

And her action atitude behavior etc weren't idiotic. Her family was destroyed by the japaneese and lee wan ik, it's only natural for her to seeks revenge against them, as well as rid them off Joseon.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kansas424 said:

Reveal to him wouldn't make him leave though. 

So she should kill Takashi Mori to ensure Eugene's security. She did nothing and she assumed that nothing would happen for half a year? I'm surprised that Mori did not get rid of his old friend. Eugene did not kill him, though he probably had lots of opportunities. The plot started to be strange in episode 20 - it looks poor because it does not make sense :)

Takashi Mori is madman/villain and kill cadet from Royal Military Academy, japanese major and two innocent soldiers, he kill Hongpa without hesitation and hanged her on the bridge for public view.