Quantcast
wildflowers

[Drama 2017] Hospital Ship 병원선

Initially I wondered why the preview opened with SEJ sketching away, now I think I may know why.

She had been studying KH's father's notes and gotton herself familiar with gun shot wounds which later came in handy when she had to operate on KH to remove the bullet. Most doctors in city are not familiar with gun shot wounds due to limited exposure, so that made her the only qualified surgeon to attempt the surgery even though it would be hard emotionally.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, hppatronus said:

Still 9 hours to go for HS :anguished: how will we survive with so many speculations running in our mind .. 

I wouldn’t have started watching this drama when it’s on air, if I knew I would get addicted this much... it’s so addictive like a drug.. specially our OTP.. :wub:

Not just waiting the Drama, i also waiting the BTS. its really fun to see..:)

• Like 6

Shall we try to guess which scene will the bts be on? For the fun of it while waiting for HS.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cslove said:

Shall we try to guess which scene will the bts be on? For the fun of it while waiting for HS.

It must be so much fun if we can do that. 

• Like 3

Just now, monki said:

Initially I wondered why the preview opened with SEJ sketching away, now I think I may know why.

She had been studying KH's father's notes and gotton herself familiar with gun shot wounds which later came in handy when she had to operate on KH to remove the bullet. Most doctors in city are not familiar with gun shot wounds due to limited exposure, so that made her the only qualified surgeon to attempt the surgery even though it would be hard emotionally.

omo omo, that sketch! yes!

now that i think about it, this may be the case.

i also remember in the past episode during her conversation with KH's father, he asked her why did she make those detailed sketches of his cases, was it because she would have to go to some dangerous situations or war zone (i don't remember his exact words), and EJ replied that her workplace (HS) is sometimes as dangerous as those war zones.

at first i was a bit confused on why they mentioned it, because while there are times where HS has emergency situations, it is a bit odd to compare it to war zone.

now i see why.

it is about time for KH's father's "Schweitzer" ability to play the vital role to save his son's life through EJ, not only mentioned here and there from the beginning of this drama without actually doing something to the storyline. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Pyori said:

It must be so much fun if we can do that. 

Ok, i start first.  If base on the preview, i would like to see the bts where KMH shield SEJ from the gunshot and i want to see HJW immediately hold him in her arms to calling out to him or even better if she also tried to shield him from possible gunshot which did not utimately happen cos the police was here. Lots of contacts of the otp. 

• Like 8

Another thing that made me wonder was why KH was shot? He helped with the operation plus he donated blood to the leader, so why? I think maybe something went wrong in the process, like the operation was not successful, the leader died and the thugs were angry and wanted to kill SEJ, KH blocked the bullet for her...lol. 

Sorry this story is really getting to me and I couldn't help analysing and analysing. If only I was this hardworking during my school days, I would be the top student then, lol.

The OTP scene that leaked out yesterday, I am not sure if it would be in time to be included in this week's story this week, maybe next week? Hope don't have to wait another week.

On SEJ's emotions, although she was opening up more, I think it will be layer by layer, like peeling an onion. She won't suddenly become warm and passionate towards KH, they still need to talk things through, resolve the many knots in the past to bring about the emotional (and physical) closeness. I hope to see that being address by writer. Can't wait!

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, dugeundugeun said:

it is about time for KH's father's "Schweitzer" ability to play the vital role to save his son's life through EJ, not only mentioned here and there from the beginning of this drama without actually doing something to the storyline. 

Or it may be to save the gang leader's life. It was a sketch of a heart, the gang leader could have been shot near the heart.

• Like 6

Good morning Chingus !!

Gosh!!still our thread is in topics in the forum.. While I went to sleep too it was n Now too.. A single preview could make our thread a hot topic for 2 days lol:ph34r:

• Like 8

I wonder if Hyun's family will know about his injury. Are they going to tell his father? Plus, isn't he supposed to try his suit for his sister's wedding in the weekend?

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Just now, lovegirl92 said:

I wonder if Hyun's family will know about his injury. Are they going to tell his father? Plus, isn't he supposed to try his suit for his sister's wedding in the weekend?

His family will surely know.. But I m scared of his mother.. If she shouts at SEJ blaming her for her son's condition.. Then what wud happen?? 

• Like 4

@icyphoenix unless the scriptwriter wants to do a last minute annoying twist, i think what's more likely is she will like SEJ (esp if she operates and saves KH life) and banish YE

i think it would be a nice touch if SEJ says she cannot operate on KH cause that would show that she loves him alot like family! 

I want bts of gunshot scene too! But we will probably get a tamer scene.. bts for intense scenes aren't very funny? Unless the bts is for showing how moving the filming was! @cslove

I haven't analysed a drama so much before. Haha. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

His family will surely know.. But I m scared of his mother.. If she shouts at SEJ blaming her for her son's condition.. Then what wud happen?? 

If that really happen, would want her to do so in front of KH and having KH clearly telling them she is the women he loves. Best if YE is there too.  Then she will realised that no matter what she do she has already lost him as a boyfriend. Then she will leave for good....

• Like 8

@lemonysnicket I was also thinking the same.. If SEJ doesn't operate on him, Her feelings for KH wud be known to all.. I too don't want her to operate on him.. If the writernim makes SEJ turn away from KH, I will never forgive him/her.. As we r nearing the end, I hope he gives us more OTP moments of our leads which we r deprived of.. 

Guys I may not be available to do live updates today.. As I have a work today, if it completes soon  I'd join @ferily and @Yongzura to do live updates.. Lol informing u both in prior

• Like 6

I guess she will be d one operating,what will be the emotion? Considering its a loveone in d OT, i know doctors are trained to treat it like with no emotion at all, but they are humans afterall. I seldom see doctors with emotion,normally a cold façade,except maybe those on pediatrics...How did Hyun got d shot? Was it becoz of protecting eunjae? Ah cant wait for later,hope to watch a heartwarming scene with hyun eunjae..

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dugeundugeun said:

my dear chingu, you sure you're not the writernim? :D

I have my suspicion about her too. All her predication really come true. kekekek!!

3 hours ago, hppatronus said:

Still 9 hours to go for HS :anguished: how will we survive with so many speculations running in our mind .. 

I wouldn’t have started watching this drama when it’s on air, if I knew I would get addicted this much... it’s so addictive like a drug.. specially our OTP.. :wub:

Another 3 and half hour to go before tonight's episode. :heart:

• Like 6

@monki and @cslove  thanks for your kind words re: my previous recap/review. Reading that long novel of a post is big ask! LOL. sp thanks!:)  Let's hope that this one won't be as long :sweatingbullets:

The new episode will be out in a few hours so I should get last week's comment now. So here goes:

The beginning of the Wed episode and the end of the Thurs episode are quite a change in tone from the whole series. Not quite sure how I felt abt the almost slapstick comedy of them storming the loan shark's office. Don't get me wrong, it was very funny, but it felt like drastic change out of the blue. They did look very cool walking down that street B) like the badasses they are LOL.

One minor thing , they ended up reducing the debt to the original 40K principal which means they didn't get charged any interest at all which though these are the bad guys, it seemed unfair esp since the debt's been unpaid for 2 yrs and her dad escaped to china! :huh:At least they could have gotten a small amt? LOL^_^

Oops! got sidetracked...moving on.

There were several really interesting and key scenes for me.

The first was when JG came to pick SEJ up from the hospital for their dinner and KH was there. After JG invited KH to join them,  she refuses before KH could say yes or no. Ouch!:( She really can be tactless. The looks given by JG to SEJ and KH were well done. Also KH's expression after she did this.:tears: Which makes it kinda great when he goes on to say "it's ok , i've got plans". I actually said "yes!!" felt like a tiny payback LOL!:tongue: The icing on the cake was when he said he had plans, SEJ gets a look on her face that seemed to me was one of surprise and maybe jealousy and maybe displeasure.  Esp since he refuses a ride and coolly walks away in that KH way of his LOL! :phew:I loved it! :D She then kinda stomps over to the car and grabs the car door even though it's obvious JG was abt to pull it open foe her. A common gesture for guys to do for girls as courtesy. She just stomps all over that too.

I'm really sounding like I'm unhappy with her. LOL And I was even more unhappy with her during the dinner.<_<

But it strikes me that she still has not realized that she might not always get things to go the way she wants it to go. That maybe KH being unavailable to her might be a good thing. She still needs to learn to value people when they're still around, not after they're gone. She's improved but not there yet.  In a way, she takes people and things for granted but justifies and reassures herself by thinking she doesn't need them, or she doesn't need to reciprocate. I don't know :wacko:but does it really take that much effort to be a bit more accessible?

I'm not convinced she's learned her lesson after her mom died, there were several layers at play there which I don't think has been fully explored by the show (her relationship with her mom).  It took her dad almost dying to get her to mend that fence with additional input from the father and son case (bees), and her brother's input. Granted it was harder bec she had more reason since he made a ton of mistakes and made life hard on her.

And then there was that dinner with JG.:( He actually has not mentioned the idea of her getting together with him so she could inherit the hospital after that first and only time if I recall right..  He has been straightforward abt pursuing her, saying it straight out, in a joking way but it is obvious he's serious.

So when she rejects him by saying she wants the hospital and wants his mom even more, but she definitely does not want him, that bullet hit straight to the heart.:tears: I've said it before, she attacks with surgical precision and hits them right where it hurts most. This to a guy who has issues with being unwanted from his own family for most of his life. It was really cruel. She did not need to attack like this to reject him. :angry:He's not a pesky stalker who just won't quit.

If she laid it out or even admitted what they all knew, that she loves KH and not him, he would be sad but take it well and calmly walk away. There was no need for the viciousness of her words.

Or even that first joke of her saying she'd marry him. His face when he heard it and then he had to switch bec he knew she wasn't serious - it was painful to watch.:( Again, it just wasn't necessary. It gave him false hope for that one second before reality crashed in. I love that JG was honest and said how he felt, that his heart jumped when he heard it and still reacted even though he knew she wasn't serious. He's willing to bare himself even when it shows his vulnerability. Well done!

Both men have been like this since the beginning consistently. Something SEJ is not able to and I'm getting a bit impatient waiting for her to show more than a hint, there's not a lot of episodes left after all. Maybe I'll see it when KH is all bloody and critical, again an emergency situation. With bad luck, he won't see it bec he's unconscious! :tongue:

I love how JG is able to push SEJ by asking her the uncomfortable questions, ones she refuses to face. KH hardly does this, part of his go with the flow mentality. But I think she needs someone to do this for her. And I wish KH confronted her more, but I get that this might just cause her to run away even more from him so I guess having JG around to play this role works out. It still sucks for him though LOL.

But I really liked it when he called her out on why she refuses to tell KH abt YE lying. If she really considered him a friend then she should done it long ago bec friends don't let their pals get played like this. I'm not sure it his reasoning is right, that she didn't want to appear the jealous woman or something. Possible since her pride is a big part of her personality. But it doesn't matter what the reason is bec like I said earlier, there is no good reason for her not to tell him. Even when she saw him find out that YE did not get admitted, she still chose to walk away. That would have been the perfect timing to fess up.  I just don't get it.:unsure: And I'm quite disappointed.

KH would probably be hurt more from her silence than YE's lie bec though it was despicable, he didn't trust her or love her like before and she was trying to win him back by any means, so in a way, it is understandable (but still ugly and despicable!).  But he trusts SEJ and loves her so her lie is going to sting when it comes to light. I really really hope they don't sweep it under the rug and they give this damage some weight. 

One other line that was great was when JG said SEJ was being even more cruel to KH than she is with him at that time. Yes! :DThe girl needs to hear some truth! LOL And I love that he walked away. I know he regretted it bec maybe it didn't look cool but I loved that he did so bec it underlined how serious he was and how upset he was. It was a big difference from his usual calm, joking manner.

KH is ok with it but it is kinda cruel that she wants to keep him around but only to a certain extent, to play her designated role of friend and colleague and not be any more, even though he is in love with her and I think she knows it. A situation that can get painful  esp since I think he has a clue that she likes him too but that she won't let herself like him. The healthy reaction would be to leave this situation and start over somewhere else but bec of his "roll with the tide" mentality, it might actually happen that this kind of situation would go on for a long time. So she gets her cake and eats it too. I could even see that if he finally gives up on her and just maintain a professional relationship with her, she won't be happy when it happens. Yeah, like JG said - kinda cruel.

Too long again , so the rest under spoiler:ph34r:

Spoiler

The other key scene was the conversation the 2 guys had after playing hoops. Highlights how good the relationship actually is between the 2 guys. An earlier scene when JG walked into KH's office and he immediately asks if he wants to talk, looking ready to listen right away, shows this too. And JG can ask his tough questions without hesitation, KH doesn't get offended or upset, sometimes he answers, sometimes he doesn't. But there is an open line of communication between them. So they both know exactly where they stand.

It's rare in dramas when the 2 guys fighting for the girl are openly going for it (kinda) without conflict, underhanded techniques, without animosity. It's obvious they see the good qualities in each other. They have been quite adult and mature abt it. I get the sense that if one gets the girl, the other will be happy for him and wish him well. Doesn't matter if it's KH or JG. Great to see.:)

Their conversation was interesting bec it finally gave us some insight to what KH's thinking. He's so quiet and doesn't react much so it was great to finally learn straight from the horse's mouth how he feels and what he's thinking, even what he's planning to do.

I finally understand why he's been so laid back abt the ups and downs of his relationship with SEJ. He probably learned this "Go with the flow" attitude from dealing with his dad's Alzheimer's  bec that's exactly what you have to do if you want to remain sane and survive that journey. You can't treat it, every day is a different set of challenges and you never know what you'll face. So it's the only way to cope.

I'm not sure this is the best way to handle SEJ or it may be the only way. Don't know. But it does protect him in a way. He's able to handle the ups and downs better, remain emotionally stable which he needs to be. I like him saying that if they don't end up together, it's ok, even if he doesn't find someone else, that's ok, if he does find someone else eventually, that's ok too.

Such a healthy way of thinking LOL! :oHe knows it's not the end of the world if things don't work out.

That last bit when JG says they get along too well for rivals and he answers that they're only rivals if SEJ sees them as men was gold! :lol:LOL! it's true, she's friend/colleague-zoned both of them, so she's saying she doesn't seem them as men in a romantic light, at least that's what she claims.      

I'm sure I'm a minority of one when I say that I'd be ok if SEJ doesn't take a risk and the OTP doesn't happen. I'd actually be ok with a scenario where the 2 guys get over it, become even better friends, get on with their lives and both find a great woman. Yay! for bromance! LOL:w00t::D

But I'd be ok with an ending like that, it might leave you thinking hard and strangely content even without the fairytale happy ever after ending.

Yeah, that won't happen! So don't worry, guys.  LOL:lol:

The scenes abt KH's family were really well done. The writers have done a good job with his family. I've kinda liked the mom from the first and understood that she was like that with his dad bec of the damage he's done over the years with his neglect and cowardice with facing her head on. If he couldn't handle her, why didn't they split up? You can see the frustration, anger, grief and perhaps regret on her face on the island. The sister redeemed herself in my eyes from that one scene from before where she acted like a spoiled brat. She still is kinda a spoiled brat but we get to see what's beneath it. Seems he's been largely an absentee father since she was 6 or younger. That's a long time to wait, and then he comes back with PTSD and Alzheimer's, so they've lost him all over again and in a way, permanently. The father they know appears once in a rare while, but the opportunity to make up for the time they lost years ago, is gone.:(

When KH asked his mom to help with his dad, she initially refused straight out, but when he said he has a patient and he can't go, she immediately changes her mind and reassures him. She tells him to concentrate on his patient and to leave it all to her. IT shows how much she cares for him esp since she knows what he went through when he made a huge mistake with a patient before. The first time we see her she was trying to get him to go to a Seoul hospital and trying to help him with her contacts I think? Bec she was worried abt him. She's got his back. :)  Even her reaction to YE was immediate mama bear protecting her cub from getting hurt again. I like that she went on an undercover mission:ph34r: to catch her in her lie bec KH would not have believed just her words maybe. The way she speaks (loud and mostly screaming) is misleading but it looks like they do have a good mother and son relationship if you avoid the issue of the dad. And that is mostly the difference between the issues between husband and wife, and between parent and child. It is very different in how you react and handle it.

It seems the writer manages to strike the right balance with the story arcs involving KH's family, so far anyway.

One thing I kinda wish was that KH walks his sister down the aisle as a substitute for their dad instead of the bride and groom walking down together. It would have been nice and poignant bec he probably has in a way been sort of the father figure for her over the years.

The actor who plays his dad is awesome!

When they started the intro to the whole shooting, bad guys kidnapping SEJ and KH, and they rode away in the boat, I had the thought , those guys won't let them live bec they aren't about to leave witnesses. Obviously these 2 can't die, so I wondered how they're going to get out of it. Now that the preview is out and showed they go back to the boat, the chances are better. But it begs the question , why did the bad guys not bring the injured boss to the ship in the first place when they initially boarded, instead of this back and forth?? The risk wasn't higher since no one is armed on the ship and they all had guns!

oh and last note, the nurse and guy who paired up were cute! LOL:wub:

He got a girlfriend before all the 3 other much richer, much better looking, much younger male doctors on board! LOL Nice touch!:D

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, junejungki said:

I have my suspicion about her too. All her predication really come true. kekekek!!

Another 3 and half hour to go before tonight's episode. :heart:

yeah me too.  hahaha its so uncanny that all her prediction are coming true @monki are you really really sure youre not the writernim hahahahah peace 

6 more hours to go for episode 28 

• Like 4