Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

@bebebisous33Yeah, I agree. I wasn't going to comment on it, but I saw a lot of people online raging about SB in that scene when she didn't do anything wrong so I wanted to clear things up. I'm not a perfect translator myself, and you can't translate literally a lot of the time, but that was a little off the mark in my opinion. haha

Anyway, who's planning to preorder the ost package? .. apparently it's limited edition :open_mouth:

• Like 5

I have been reading here without writing anything. but wanted to say something about our girl SB. I am actually glad that writer have written a female lead as SB. it is not often we get a girl that act on self interest like she those. true her we get to see the gritty side of human nature. we have seen how she have been used before, and that have shaped her mentality. both her and human NS is formed by their environment around them. so we see them act on this. so i guess when we got NS III in the mix we get protective of him. but already we can see that SB is soften up around NS III, and I bet she gonna start to like him. I belive she gonna change as she spend time with NS III. she gonna find her human side again and grow as a person. I think by the end of this drama we all gonna love her!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Im kind of wishing for the real Shin not to wake up because im crushing hard on robot Shin.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

On 6/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, bebebisous33 said:

To conclude, in a short amount of time, NS3 shares his secrets with her which gives SB a good feeling. Someone is trusting her and treating her as a human. That's why she will get upset after the kiss as she has been used again. Sure, it is not the slap like with the human NS. Nevertheless, NS3 has used her as a toy again. I can understand why she will get upset because NS3 as a robot has treated her as a thing (a pawn). This explains why NS3 will propose to her to become her personal robot. She can treat him as a thing because he did the same to her.

I just got off watching the subbed episode.  (Paddling furiously to keep up with my dramas as I was away. :D ) Agree with your assessment here. Both NS3 and human NS have done something to her that she has no foreknowledge of nor did she agree to. So what both have done is to take away her agency.  However what we will see is the difference in the follow up. While in human NS's case, he did  not show remorse even though he had used & defamed a person so that he could escape, NS3 understands what he did was wrong and is offering to compensate her. ( or at least that is the jisc I got from the preview) . This a very interesting and exciting development in NS3. I rewatched last week's episode and I am geeking out at all the human traits that NS3 is picking up or developing:

1. He questioned JYH about lying to him. He's trying to comprehend on trust and deception. This is different from him obeying JYH and mum to act as Shin to deceive others. Because here he actually "felt" wronged at being lied to. He asked JYH about whether he could trust him. 

2. After the board meeting he asked JYH if he could be the CEO if Shin does not wake up. Though it may very well be an innocent question, it is a potential for ambition and a need of recognition ( I think I read someone here saying that NS3 could possibly turn bad or jealous of Shin , that's an interesting and possible development - after all being human involves having both these good & bad traits) . NS3 is showing a need for "esteem" , one of the most basic human needs 

Spoiler

14.jpg

3. The hospital scene where he told JYH that his judgement was more superior to JYH's . 

4. When So Bang lost her necklace & she mentioned it was her mum's , he immediately felt empathy. So he closed her eyes and switched on the lights to make things easier for her. This is different from the programmed hug he gives when a person cries.

5. Saying that he was Shin too - that's a human need for affection and belonging (or acceptance). And in fact in eps 5, he was pleased that SB was fitted with a metal rod - he called her cyborg. What he wanted was to have someone like him - that is again a need for belonging. 

As you can see I am really enjoying this drama.

@sal2 I agree with what you said about SB. I am not annoyed with her at all. i think her reactions are quite normal. She started off as a girl trying to survive , who is now placed in a very strange and mind bending situation. She's trying to grapple with all that she has seen and is expected to trust all this strange people whom she really has no need to be loyal to.  

Thanks @butterflyeffect for the translation. 

After watching this week's subbed episode, I am certain that JYH and Shin had a very close relationship beyond that of employer and employee. And through JYH's eyes we can see that Shin was not much of  a playboy and party animal that he was painted to be. He has always put up a front probably to distance himself from grandpa , and because he was wanting to escape the old man's clutches. I can also tell that JYH was a little shocked and felt something about the kill switch. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

I've been watching fanmade videos -so many people seem to be loving the cyborg-tin can couple :) And seeing them together made me think of how NamsinIII will react the moment he realizes that So Bong likes him. For her is a bit easier, since she already started to feel something. She just needs to come to terms with the fact that she likes a robot :o

But for Namsin is going to be a big revelation. I wonder how the show will handle this.

I was thinking, what of if the real NS wakes up and get jealous of the relationship between the robot and SB and thus competition arises? 

This drama has so many angles it can be viewed from.

My mind hasn't gone far cos I was very disappointed with mum but like some said, SB has been used again without her consent and this time she didn't do anything wrong. I don't even know what to make of what next to come.

She has already softened towards the robot so what if she actually likes him?  The robot has no attraction for her now, so how will they go about it as he want to remedy the situation?

I need to give the writer of this drama a big accolade. The writer is making us think and not just enjoy the drama. 

• Like 9

I just watched this week's episodes and for me at the Moment NSIII is just a Robot. I really hope he will become a real Android who gets over his programm. Otherwise he will stay a Something that humans make human. Like those people who humanise pets. Star Trek TNG dealt with that theme before when someone fell in love with Data. It would be so sad when SB would end dissapointed like that. We humans are greedy when we are in love.

So far I really love that Drama. It is deep without beeing too dark or too light. It feels more western than any Remake of popular western series. Maybe because it doesn't try to copy something. The idea is very interesting and really hope it keeps its pace with its so normal human characters.

• Like 6

Btw just realized this robot not flirty with just anyone chingu hahaha

And the million dollar question : did he or did he not have the x ray vision? He can see SB behind door in last episode....

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Hi, first time commenting here! :)

I, too, give the writer kuddos for making us think and question ethics and human nature with this drama, but I think I'm starting to deal with some unintentional side effects here. Bear with me, would you? I guess I've watched too many k-dramas, because now when in k-dramaland I have the hardest time believing a character is dead... unless I see a body. And sometimes even when I do see a body, if it's a character I was attached to, then I start thinking of the million ways he can come back to life (actually, blame Avengers: Infinity War for that particular condition!); I just have a hard time saying goodbye to my beloved.

All this to say--and this is a crazy theory--, that I'm not sure that NS' dad is really dead. They "cremated" him so quickly (I understand it's custom, but the chain of events and secrecy seemed so fishy to me), and we know the mom never saw his body either. When NS was a kid, though he is mourning his dad, it seems he is only being told what happened to his dad. The main reason this thought came to be was because director Seo. 

Spoiler

At some point his secretary asked Seo if he was worried about NS finding out about the "other thing," or the other thing he did. I thought he was referring to NS's dad and his death. I just think we might not have the whole story yet, or of course I could be wrong, but the lack of details makes me very curious.

Another mystery to me is the origin of secretary Ji's loyalty toward NS. When people (SB, the doctor...) notice how deeply he cares for NS, and the lengths to which he goes to help and protect him, and they ask him about it, he doesn't answer. Then they seem to just explain it as, "wow, you're such a good person, such a nice guy." Yet I think it's not just because it's his job, or just because he feels bad about NS' childhood and current life (though it might be the number 1 reason) that he is so loyal. I'm wondering if NS didn't save his life in the past (he seems to be the only one who knows how decent human NS really is). But I also confess that my crazy over-thinker side wondered if someone, NS' dad for example, asked him to watch over his human son (because really at times I feel like he's on a mission)... Now, this is a super stretchy theory. This delicious drama has my head spinning like NSIII's vacuum cleaner! :sweat_smile:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

Hi, first time commenting here! :)

I, too, give the writer kuddos for making us think and question ethics and human nature with this drama, but I think I'm starting to deal with some unintentional side effects here. Bear with me, would you? I guess I've watched too many k-dramas, because now when in k-dramaland I have the hardest time believing a character is dead... unless I see a body. And sometimes even when I do see a body, if it's a character I was attached to, then I start thinking of the million ways he can come back to life (actually, blame Avengers: Infinity War for that particular condition!); I just have a hard time saying goodbye to my beloved.

All this to say--and this is a crazy theory--, that I'm not sure that NS' dad is really dead. They "cremated" him so quickly (I understand it's custom, but the chain of events and secrecy seemed so fishy to me), and we know the mom never saw his body either. When NS was a kid, though he is mourning his dad, it seems he is only being told what happened to his dad. The main reason this thought came to be was because director Seo. 

Reveal hidden contents

At some point his secretary asked Seo if he was worried about NS finding out about the "other thing," or the other thing he did. I thought he was referring to NS's dad and his death. I just think we might not have the whole story yet, or of course I could be wrong, but the lack of details makes me very curious.

Another mystery to me is the origin of secretary Ji's loyalty toward NS. When people (SB, the doctor...) notice how deeply he cares for NS, and the lengths to which he goes to help and protect him, and they ask him about it, he doesn't answer. Then they seem to just explain it as, "wow, you're such a good person, such a nice guy." Yet I think it's not just because it's his job, or just because he feels bad about NS' childhood and current life (though it might be the number 1 reason) that he is so loyal. I'm wondering if NS didn't save his life in the past (he seems to be the only one who knows how decent human NS really is). But I also confess that my crazy over-thinker side wondered if someone, NS' dad for example, asked him to watch over his human son (because really at times I feel like he's on a mission)... Now, this is a super stretchy theory. This delicious drama has my head spinning like NSIII's vacuum cleaner! :sweat_smile:

Nothing wrong with theories ,they might really be true who knows :D

For now I truly believe his dad is dead. I think the big 'secret' is this as well that seo murdered his father just like he tried to kill him. Tbh I m really really interested in Ji's and NS relationship it goes far beyond just an employee and employer , he calls him hyung and considering his (NS) status in company it's weird to see Ji speaking informally to NS almost all the time. Ji's an orphan backed up by Pk group right? I think chairman brought him home when he forcefully took Shin away from his mom. It's possible they grew up together. I need to see more flashbacks of Ji's memory lol. 

I truly and desperately hope that the writer won't mess up with NS memories. He needs those memories to take revenge (if he wakes up before last episode lol) 

Also the director said that Ji is in a position where he can take over PK group if he makes up his mind to do it. I wonder just how smart and powerful is he lol

• Like 6

She is going to make him more human then anyone,his reaction to the kill switch is going to be devastating.

He already getting hurt at small things in the preview like she being mad at him.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

She is going to make him more human then anyone,his reaction to the kill switch is going to be devastating.

He already getting hurt at small things in the preview like she being mad at him.

I desperately hope tha Nam Shin III  WON'T be the one to activate his own kill switch, eventually, for whatever (altruistic?) reason. I would be devastated, if he ended up doing such a thing.

:bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

No episode on Tuesday this week too. At least on Monday, it'll air at 22:00 as usual. Hopefully, that'll return the ratings to the previous high numbers.

• Sad 8

22 minutes ago, nateko said:

No episode on Tuesday this week too. At least on Monday, it'll air at 22:00 as usual. Hopefully, that'll return the ratings to the previous high numbers.

Why again? :cry:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lj said:

Why again? :cry:

I guess they want to even out the episodes so that from next week it can return to normal schedule. World cup is listed for Tuesday's drama timeslot again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nateko said:

Wth is wrong with kbs I m so mad :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Many Koreans are rabit Soccer Fans. It is World cup. Please be a bit more understanding.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

Many Koreans are rabit Soccer Fans. It is World cup. Please be a bit more understanding.

Yeah you ladies and gents dont want bad ratings do you?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah you ladies and gents dont want bad ratings do you?

1 hour ago, usagi1997 said:

The ratings are already bad so I don't really care haha :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1