Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Does anyone know if SKJ was the first to be offered the role or only after someone else rejected it? I know SB was originally offered to Go Ara, and although I like her, I think GSY is more suitable for the role so it turned out well.

I recall watching an interview where SKJ mentioned he took up the role coz he figured there aren't many chances to play an "inorganic" role, so this is a rare opportunity. But as I was watching the latest episode, something else occured to me.

Many actors and actresses would like to challenge "baddie" roles but there's a price to pay for it, get slammed for doing a bad job or be prepared to be hated for doing an excellent job. For dual roles (twins or doppelganger where they sometimes portray one as positive and one as negative) one gets to play both roles at the same time.

For SKJ, not only did he get the rare chance to play an "inorganic" role, he got to challenge a role that showcases his acting skills (creating two distinctly different identities in front of viewers), gets to play a villain without worrying he will be slammed for a good job because those who hate NS love NS3 :lol: and even if he didn't do such a great job, his fans will still like him coz he looks good...

• Like 15

Okay so I'm not quite understanding the goal of them outing NS3 to the public? How does it help? Any theories? I haven't watched the teaser and I don't plan on doing that until the day before so try to keep it out of discussion if we're gonna theorize! I think they're trying to make it so he doesn't feel the need to take the company or compete against NS3 in secret and will go with his mom like he wants and live a peaceful not vengeful filled life.

I felt we didn't get enough of So Bong and NS3 in the wake of the frankly traumatizing things that happened last episode, and there was undue focus on NS3 going off the rails. I feel that the writer wants to make up for him being unconscious for so much of the drama, which is fair, but it felt a bit jarring to me. I felt last week's episodes balanced him and So Bong and Nam Shin's screen time and narrative much better. Maybe my issue is that he's the main antagonist? I feel like it should be Grandpa. A lot of the screentime he has right now is wrapped up in him doing bad things and there was a loooot of that this week. And it feels like there's no forward movement with his feelings at all because we're focused on him being 'the bad guy'.  

My final thoughts: Nam Shin deserved every hit he got this week he was way out of line. Like they said (and I've been saying) his feelings of betrayal are valid but once he started hurting people he needed to be stopped. Even if I'm of the opinion that Grandpa needs to be thrown off a roof he shouldn't be doing that. And he shouldn't be using NS3 who explicitly said he'd rather disappear forever than hurt a human. They should've talked to him earnestly earlier before he had a chance to spiral but now they have to scheme. Also I can't believe Grandpa, after everything he did to Laura and Nam Shin and even his own son, is being allowed to just...be. It's crazy to me. He needs to be punished somehow. # Get grandpa to prison 2k18  # Get NS to a therapist 2k18 # Let So Bong and NS3 have a day off 2k18

So Bong has more faith and hope and love in her body then me, I could not stand up to NS3 off the power of love alone. That was intense, in a bad way. I could've done without the violence against her (twice!) in episode 13, and more of her feelings on the aftermath. But it was still a big important moment for both her and NS3.

• Like 4

Well, the chairman got exactly what he wanted.  A hard, brutal grandson.  I suspect that he didn't expect the brutality to be turned against him.

Yu Oh-Seong is doing a fantastic job playing Seo.  He is sly, amusing, brutal, greedy, manipulative in all the right proportion and he has given his character a great sense of humor.

Ohseungyu.jpg

I don't like YeNa but I must say that while she isn't "nice" she is faithful and true. Also she has values that she upholds.  If ShinHu wasn't ShinHu, they would make a great corporate couple with true respect and affection for each other.

Yeah, ShinHu has become his grandfather. Perhaps being the head of that corporation instills evil into people heart.

14 hours ago, kdramafan43v3r said:

Finally YH showing some tough love!!! Let Shinbrat face his fears. Protecting him like a child isn't doing Shinbrat any favors. 

I feel bad for grandpa but he was partly the cause of all this mess in the first place. I say his dementia is the karma he got from all the horrible things he did.

Love that Shinbot's identity is finally out in the open! So excited for next week's finale but at the same I don't know how I'll move on from this drama!

Dementia is a disease, not a punishment from the supernatural balance.

Some very lovely people get dementia. 

14 hours ago, marrez1 said:

so human SHIN also lost his job automatically?

Oddly enough I agree, I too feel the most pity for human Shin:bawling::cold_sweat:, besides, , he is nevertheless more and more wicked, he is thirsty for anger, I think that everything that has happened since the beginning since the creation of Shin ROBOT influenced him, I'm not saying it would have to excuse all the harm he did even there it's too much. But the actor really plays these two roles very well, whoaa

Again even from this fantastic drama, I will be very surprised if SB and robot SHIN will be together, despite the shooting photos that I saw on this forum. May after all maybe they have already had sex , what happens in these episodes seems to me sometimes too surreal, maybe it will end with a proposal for a shin robot in SB:ph34r::tounge_wink:

Pity/ There were moments of feelings for ShinHu,  very fleeting. But moments none the less.

Sex/The drama won't go there. I don't even know if it will help you come to that conclusion.

EDIT: I'm not sure what YoungHoon is up to the the Robot reveal, but I trust his intentions.  I trust his understanding of people.  I trust his intellect. I think of him as an honest broker.  I'm always grateful when people like that come into my life.  [I just hopes he knows that he is doing.]

If ShinHu isn't redeemed/ If ShinHu is not punished, the drama will engender a sense of betrayal in some members of the audience [Yes, it would be a betrayal because as audience member we have invested time and developed a relationship with the series, so we can be betrayed. Maybe. We don't get to own other people's work and insist they do what we want.  We do get to feel bad that the story doesn't end as we'd like. ]

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Dementia is a disease, not a punishment from the supernatural balance.

Some very lovely people get dementia. 

Yeah, I know it's a disease I'm speaking character-wise. How it's ironic if you see how everything that he's achieved, got and gained through the years will all be forgotten cos he had dementia. Like how in the long run cos of the disease he won't even remember... nothing will matter anymore...it's as if he wasted his time doing those things he thought/believed mattered when now that he got dementia suddenly everything will now amount to nothing and for someone like him who's greedy and powerful it's some form of a comeuppance of sorts cos his dementia would render him powerless. For someone/ a character who loves power, money and ambition to have it all taken away by a disease he can't even cure is a somewhat a retribution in a sense in how it plays out in the story...

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, kdramafan43v3r said:

Yeah, I know it's a disease I'm speaking character-wise. How it's ironic if you see how everything that he's achieved, got and gained through the years will all be forgotten cos he had dementia. Like how in the long run cos of the disease he won't even remember... nothing will matter anymore...it's as if he wasted his time doing those things he thought/believed mattered when now that he got dementia suddenly everything will now amount to nothing and for someone like him who's greedy and powerful it's some form of a comeuppance of sorts cos his dementia would render him powerless. For someone/ a character who loves power, money and ambition to have it all taken away by a disease he can't even cure is a somewhat a retribution in a sense in how it plays out in the story...

I think it is easy to use that metaphor if you don't know someone with the disease of a family that is caring for someone with the disease.

Full forgetting can be a 15-20 year process. By that time the person with the illness remembers nothing much, it is the family that grieves for the person they have lost.  I have never heard of a dementia patient yearning for riches and power.  It may well happen, but I've never heard of it.  What many patients year for is their mother (or the primary care-giver from childhood.)

Personally I think remembering and not being able to rectify things is more of a curse/comeuppance than forgetting.

Just a difference of opinion.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, hushhh said:

I think it is easy to use that metaphor if you don't know someone with the disease of a family that is caring for someone with the disease.

Full forgetting can be a 15-20 year process. By that time the person with the illness remembers nothing much, it is the family that grieves for the person they have lost.  I have never heard of a dementia patient yearning for riches and power.  It may well happen, but I've never heard of it.  What many patients year for is their mother (or the primary care-giver from childhood.)

Personally I think remembering and not being able to rectify things is more of a curse/comeuppance than forgetting.

Just a difference of opinion.

I know someone. 2 someones in fact my cousins...and it's not even 15-20 years...more or less like around 5-7 years since the dementia symptoms came on. One has passed away but the other is still alive. She's in a nursing home cos her family finds it's difficult to take care of her needs now.

What I'm speaking for is in the sense of how the dementia plays out in the case of the grandpa in the story. I don't even think or feel he even had regrets for the things he did that contributed to the mess that played out in the story nor any initiative to rectify it, he was even more resolved for NS3 to see through his M-City.

• Like 3

Yes Grandpa has no regrets.

He should be happy.  He got the grandson he wanted.

Yeah, for him. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, chatterbox22 said:

@2handsintertwined Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. You should stay and comment as much as you want! Don't leave. I would  never  kick anybody  so it wasn't my intention. You didn't say anything wrong, just the word wasn't right so that's ok :) I like reading your posts so catch up on the thread and write something. Let's  forget about this and continue watching fun dramas!:D Plus, you fit here so don't worry. Every opinion is valuable. You didn't cause any  trouble. 

Thank you. I will keep that in mind.

19 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

@2handsintertwined

Sorry for beeing off topic here!

I don´t really know what is going on - but I know how easy it can become to write something the other will misunderstand - hey - we can´t see faces. But hey - don´t let it come to your heart. I met wonderful chingus thanks to soompi - for me its huge fun beeing here and there is more than one Drama I even loved more to watch because I could share my love here. I hope you will not decide to turn your back on soompi - and the people here and I hope you will really not believe you made that happen - because having different minds and sharing that is what I love here.

On the other hand I can understand when you need a break. I once was so activ here and for real lifes sake (and more) I needed a break - But i needed to come back too - even so not as activ as before anymore. Oh and I feel bad to hear that you think its not a place people will be welcomed - wasn´t like that to me - and I hope not for others...

Sorry - so please go on with the Drama - Can´t wait to see todays Episode!

Thank you. You are so kind :wub: 

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 4

But the truth is that director Seo really killed JW, while NGH thought that JW died by trying to escape from the hospital's room. I liked the introduction: we are finally able to see his thoughts. The fact that he is justifying his crimes by saying that this is just one time. However, he keeps committing the crimes. 

Striking is that NS3 shows signs of trauma and feels guilty, remorseful, whereas NS shows no real remorse. Yes, the chairman committed many wrongdoings, yet it was interesting that such a cold-hearted person changed for the better due to NS3. For the first time, he showed emotions (happiness, relief...). 

I am quite sure that when NS3 met the guy from the team at the restaurant, he revealed his true identity. I guess, he must have asked what NS ordered them to do. And this leads me to that next observation: NS kept telling the robot that he was fake and the human is the real one. However, at the end of the episode, NS was trying to steal NS3's good work. But this doesn't end here. NS wants to take the credit from the M-car team for the M-city. So basically, he doesn't work at all. The idea is not even his, he stole the idea from his own grandfather. As conclusion, NS is the fake as he never really worked for this company, whereas NS3 did... moreover, NS3 keeps helping the staff, without taking any much credit for his own work. That's why I believe that the guy from the staff will side with NS3 in the end.  

• Like 12

14 hours ago, chatterbox22 said:

@jerboa83 Thay sounds cool! I like this kind of ending very much :D If you don't mind me asking... Is there a possibility to read your work somewhere online? I really enjoy reading sci-fi. If you feel uncomfortable with my question just ignore it ;)

You are so kind, @chatterbox22! All the short stories, novels and scripts that I've published so far are in Italian, my native language... I wish I had something in English too, but I don't. :sweatingbullets: The only thing I wrote in this language is a short "essay" on Song JiNa that I published a few years ago on my blog: 

https://serenamariabarbacetto.wordpress.com/2016/05/06/weed-and-feed-how-we-give-up-our-freedom-without-noticing-or-caring/

• Like 5

8381ea2afd2048d4cbde2351f644fea101a1fbd8

the preview of next week really terrify me when HNS is holding kill switch and he smirk will it be a happy ending 

cd21a89aae87cf36f46e2fc2db3fdb60310889dd

but ifeel sad for HNS 

ddbd847b2c7b07c714e0946a09deb0219dd5605e

• Like 8

I really don't know what's going in writer head. It feels like she is using human shin's character to show robot shin's development while making human shin's character almost one dimensional. The confusing part is this is going on for the last 4 episodes while she/he kept on showing Shin has chances of redemption. In all honesty he was distressed after what happened at the rooftop as Ji quoted he isn't the type to be ok with what happened, and that explains all the wine bottles and him passing out at seo's place. He drinks when he is stressed, he was drinking when Ji left him for good. He acts like is all tough while he is quite weak emotionally. 

Like I said before none of them knew how to tackle him. They are partially responsible for what he has become. They let him do what he wanted and now are complaining he went too far? David was the only one whose words made sense to Shin (should have told him this earlier lol) 

I don't know what's in Ji's mind but honestly speaking I don't think it was a good idea at all to humiliate shin in front of everyone, it will do nothing but mess up his mind even more (like he is after shin 3's kill switch now, which I BELIEVE is writer's way to show shin 3 is indestructible by using shin again. I mean she should have used seo for the dirty work since in the end Shin is going to get a redemption arc). I don't see how will they patch up but anyway it could've been handled a better way. 

Am I the only one uncomfortable with grandpa's and shin 3's relation?? I understand Shin 3's pov, he is nice, he has always been nice. But man the urge of breaking something I got when I saw grandpa crying and acting like he is the biggest victim of this all and his real grandson is rotten to the core not because of his own upbringing but he was like this from the start. It's just unbelievable. He got what he wanted after killing all those people. He is responsible for his son's death. He didn't directly give the order of killing jungwoo but he is indirectly involved in his murder his son by locking him up. He got the company , he got the grandson he always wanted who is there to hug him when he cries. Yayy justice. I won't call dementia his punishment. I don't believe getting sick is a punishment. Being sick is not a punishment of your past deeds I repeat. 

• Like 5

@crazyyo I do understand why Ji did this... he once said to NS3, that helping NS3 is also helping NS. He is right. As long as NS3 doesn't possess his own identity, NS will always consider NS3 as fake and not as a person. The moment NS3 comes out, it is over for NS as he can no longer take credit from NS3's work and can not use NS3 as his replacement. Yes, by doing so NS is cornered: the only way out is to "destroy" NS3. But by doing so, his crime can no longer be hidden. Notice that in the previous episode, he used NS3 as a killer and gave as point for his defense: the robot did it, I didn't do it. But this time it is different: he needs to activate the kill switch himself. But in my opinion, he won't be able to do it that's the moment Seo will have to intervene himself. Let us not forget that NS is well aware that Seo is using him and only waits for the right opportunity to get rid of him. Nevertheless, I have the impression that ORR will remove the kill switch before it is too late. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But the truth is that director Seo really killed JW, while NGH thought that JW died by trying to escape from the hospital's room. I liked the introduction: we are finally able to see his thoughts. The fact that he is justifying his crimes by saying that this is just one time. However, he keeps committing the crimes. 

Just one question: did he actually strangled JW, or was he only tempted to do it, and stayed there watching him die without answering the 911 operator? That specific moment wasn't shown...

They are so incredibly cute together, even off-screen! :heart:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@jerboa83 To me, it wasn't shown for many reasons. First, it is such a horrible way to die. The man was already injured, hence he couldn't defend him. Secondly, Seo is in the center of that scene. The reasons why I am tending to say that Seo killed JW are the following:

• When Seo calls the emergency, he stops. In the flashback, Seo wonders: "Why did I get that thought?" Sure, this could be connected to the fact that he never talked on the phone. However, just after the moment ("why did I get that thought?") he drops the phone. He could just have hung up but he doesn't. Then he knees and comes closer to JW. Seo's hands and face are shown in the foreground. Then we hear his second thought: "Once. I should look the other way just once". Why not showing JW during this time? It is the way of the PD to make the viewer connect to Seo's thoughts. Seo is in the center of this scene... why did he do it? Why and how did he become such a ruthless man? This scene (hands and face of Seo) explains the reason for going to the dark side. Seo had claimed before that he hadn't killed Mr. Kim and I believe him. Yet, JW's death marks his turning point. For his job and position, he is willing to close his eyes and commit a crime.

• Besides, if his thought was connected to just let him die, then he could have just borrowed some time. Looking the other way is definitely not connected to the emergency call. We shouldn't forget that the emergency could track his phone number and there was some chances that JW might survive and reveal the truth. By killing him, he made sure that his job was secure. Sure, NGH killed the man Mr. Kim and he was responsible for his son's sequestration. However, Seo would have been definitely condemned as accomplice, if JW had survived. His accident would have got on the news. If the truth was revealed, then Seo would have lost everything. So for his own sake, SJG killed a man. That's the reason why Seo is so obsessed with that position seat. He helped the CEO NGH to secure his own position and even save his company, so in his mind NGH had to be indebted to him. Yet as time passed on, he realized that NGH would never give him the CEO seat. 

In his mind, NGH was responsible for the blood on his hands. I doubt that NGH would have killed his own son. the chairman really thinks that his son died because of him hence he said that he has no right to be sad.

@nateko @triplem

• Like 4

This is the first time I'm watching drama without thinking or predicting about the ending. I don't even know how the writer will end up this masterpiece. I enjoyed every second of it although I really hate some of the characters :sweatingbullets: Human Shin really makes me annoyed. But personally, I'm so impressed with Seo Kang Joon's acting. He acts both character so well until I feel there are 2 different people who acted as NS & NS3. :wub:

I don't want this drama to has an open ending but I wish everyone at least has a happy ending. Maybe NS will go back to Czech with his mom & live happily there while NS3 will lead the company with YH & SB as his forever bodyguard / girlfriend :P The drama has only 4 episodes left & I don't think there's enough time for SB to fall completely over human NS although I secretly wish for that. Well, we never know how the writer's mind. :huh:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@crazyyo I do understand why Ji did this... he once said to NS3, that helping NS3 is also helping NS. He is right. As long as NS3 doesn't possess his own identity, NS will always consider NS3 as fake and not as a person. The moment NS3 comes out, it is over for NS as he can no longer take credit from NS3's work and can not use NS3 as his replacement. Yes, by doing so NS is cornered: the only way out is to "destroy" NS3. But by doing so, his crime can no longer be hidden. Notice that in the previous episode, he used NS3 as a killer and gave as point for his defense: the robot did it, I didn't do it. But this time it is different: he needs to activate the kill switch himself. But in my opinion, he won't be able to do it that's the moment Seo will have to intervene himself. Let us not forget that NS is well aware that Seo is using him and only waits for the right opportunity to get rid of him. Nevertheless, I have the impression that ORR will remove the kill switch before it is too late. 

I acknowledge that this needed to be done, they can't hide ns3 forever and ns3 can't be ns's slave forever to replace him and do all his work. The thing is they could've done it in a better way. Was there really a need to make them stand face to face in front of everyone and obviously everyone's going to favor Shin 3. Had it worked in Shin's favor as well helping him back on right track I wouldn't have complained but it totally messed up his mind even more. This is what's Shin's true fear is, sure we can say that it was time he face his fears. But the point is Shin trusted Ji at least 99% if not 100% (I don't know why he didn't involve Ji in his father's death secret but I feel like he did it for Ji's sake) how long is it going to take such a paranoid and twisted person like NS to trust someone again completely? It's even sad to see their years of friendship and brotherhood falling apart after this incident (I know I m going a bit far with this statement especially since the drama is highly unpredictable and we don't know what's gonna happen next but I don't see their relation patching up to how it was before in just two episodes with NS probably going back to Czech). Like I said before the writer probably did that just to make Shin even angrier so they can get rid of kill switch in drama. I truly hope he won't press the button but sadly I don't see Seo in this picture he would be too busy scheming against Ji.

I remembered two statements which I previously wondered upon once is director talking about Ji's character that 'he has the ability to take over PK group if he makes up his mind too' and I really wondered that Ji is smart but I don't see him THAT smart to take over the company. Next is Ji's character teaser where he says 'saving Shin is more important to me than my own life, even if he will never forgive me for it' well now it's making sense lol.

• Like 4

It just occurred to me, remember that scene wherein NS3 went to approach NS to tell him that Sobong won't be resigning and told NS that Sobong didn't tell him about their phone call, it's just that he has sensitive hearing SO now I remembered when ORR called YH during EP 5 (10) wherein she specifically told YH to not let NS3 in any circumstance go near the car, I feel like NS3 heard that and cos by nature he's a robot programmed with deep learning capabilities, he would've been curious what that conversation was about and maybe on his time while working in the company has actually learned about the kill switch schematics of the M-Car and him being very knowledgeable now about his body due to the Manual Mode issue wherein he had to hack himself a couple of times before he successfully gained control, I'm quite certain he knows now about the kill switch mode in his body...and maybe as a precaution would ponder in his alone time (while everyone sleeps, cos he doesn't sleep :wink:) how to disable it. So, I'm pretty sure that whoever pushes that kill switch button wouldn't kill him or maybe for just a moment cos the kill switch would trigger some backup routine he programmed/hacked into himself to perform once the kill switch was initiated that would enable to revive/resuscitate his existence with his memories intact.

I really want NS to be redeemed and with 2 episodes left (17/18 or 33-36) I hope that the writer would make his path to redemption believable in the context of the story and his character.

I feel that the preview showing the kill switch is some kind of a red herring a distraction from that one final twist the writer has up on his sleeve during the finale...maybe NS & NS3 teaming up to defeat SJG? ... and by defeat I mean put him behind bars cos after all he did try to have NS killed off in Czech Republic. YH getting SJG fired from PK Group will just make him more furious and maybe to take revenge on NS3 for pulling off that stunt in the meeting, will put ORR's life in danger cos he knows ORR is also an important person in NS3's life and maybe when NS calls NS3 about the kill switch, NS3 will be like wait can we deal with that later cos Omma is in trouble, SJG had her abducted or something similar to that... AND maybe NS will realize he won't lose his mom for the 2nd time and decides to work with NS3 to save their Omma...Just my wild imagination :wink:

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

I acknowledge that this needed to be done, they can't hide ns3 forever and ns3 can't be ns's slave forever to replace him and do all his work. The thing is they could've done it in a better way. Was there really a need to make them stand face to face in front of everyone and obviously everyone's going to favor Shin 3. Had it worked in Shin's favor as well helping him back on right track I wouldn't have complained but it totally messed up his mind even more. This is what's Shin's true fear is, sure we can say that it was time he face his fears. But the point is Shin trusted Ji at least 99% if not 100% (I don't know why he didn't involve Ji in his father's death secret but I feel like he did it for Ji's sake) how long is it going to take such a paranoid and twisted person like NS to trust someone again completely? It's even sad to see their years of friendship and brotherhood falling apart after this incident (I know I m going a bit far with this statement especially since the drama is highly unpredictable and we don't know what's gonna happen next but I don't see their relation patching up to how it was before in just two episodes with NS probably going back to Czech). Like I said before the writer probably did that just to make Shin even angrier so they can get rid of kill switch in drama. I truly hope he won't press the button but sadly I don't see Seo in this picture he would be too busy scheming against Ji.

I remembered two statements which I previously wondered upon once is director talking about Ji's character that 'he has the ability to take over PK group if he makes up his mind too' and I really wondered that Ji is smart but I don't see him THAT smart to take over the company. Next is Ji's character teaser where he says 'saving Shin is more important to me than my own life, even if he will never forgive me for it' well now it's making sense lol.

Young Hoon had no way around the incoming mess, because Namshin would have discovered N3's servers anyway, and N3 would be in serious danger. I think that at the beginning of next ep Young Hoon might add that human Shin knew it all along, agreed with it and he's the "genius mastermind" behind all that... 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@jerboa83 To me, it wasn't shown for many reasons. First, it is such a horrible way to die. The man was already injured, hence he couldn't defend him. Secondly, Seo is in the center of that scene. The reasons why I am tending to say that Seo killed JW are the following:

• When Seo calls the emergency, he stops. In the flashback, Seo wonders: "Why did I get that thought?" Sure, this could be connected to the fact that he never talked on the phone. However, just after the moment ("why did I get that thought?") he drops the phone. He could just have hung up but he doesn't. Then he knees and comes closer to JW. Seo's hands and face are shown in the foreground. Then we hear his second thought: "Once. I should look the other way just once". Why not showing JW during this time? It is the way of the PD to make the viewer connect to Seo's thoughts. Seo is in the center of this scene... why did he do it? Why and how did he become such a ruthless man? This scene (hands and face of Seo) explains the reason for going to the dark side. Seo had claimed before that he hadn't killed Mr. Kim and I believe him. Yet, JW's death marks his turning point. For his job and position, he is willing to close his eyes and commit a crime.

• Besides, if his thought was connected to just let him die, then he could have just borrowed some time. Looking the other way is definitely not connected to the emergency call. We shouldn't forget that the emergency could track his phone number and there was some chances that JW might survive and reveal the truth. By killing him, he made sure that his job was secure. Sure, NGH killed the man Mr. Kim and he was responsible for his son's sequestration. However, Seo would have been definitely condemned as accomplice, if JW had survived. His accident would have got on the news. If the truth was revealed, then Seo would have lost everything. So for his own sake, SJG killed a man. That's the reason why Seo is so obsessed with that position seat. He helped the CEO NGH to secure his own position and even save his company, so in his mind NGH had to be indebted to him. Yet as time passed on, he realized that NGH would never give him the CEO seat. 

In his mind, NGH was responsible for the blood on his hands. I doubt that NGH would have killed his own son. the chairman really thinks that his son died because of him hence he said that he has no right to be sad.

@nateko @triplem

I think that the director decided not to show it because the narration was by Seo himself, and he probably didn't want to recall the act (he shut his train of thoughts right there).

• Like 6

5 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Just one question: did he actually strangled JW, or was he only tempted to do it, and stayed there watching him die without answering the 911 operator? That specific moment wasn't shown...

They are so incredibly cute together, even off-screen! :heart:

Judging from the sounds, SJG indeed  strangled him with his own hands.

• Like 4