Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Okay. 

I assumed that there would be a redemption arc for ShinHu, but if there is meant to be one they are way late in starting it.  ShinHu comes off as EVIL.

I don't think ShinHu has the least bit of interest in or affection for SoBong.  Thank goodness because if that is how he demonstrates his romantic interest he should live a celibate life away from other humans.

I don't think ShinHu tricked SoBong in the theatre.  She was not attending to him.  When she did pay attention she realize he was not ShinRo.

ShinHu is coming off as psychologically sick.  The sadistic pleasure ShinHu gets from this double destruction, having ShinRo go against his protocol and having ShinRo hurt people ShinHu is angry with seems unbalanced.

What sense does it make for Laura and YoungHoon to turn over an incredible and expensive peice of equipment to a brat to destroy.  Where are they when ShinHu is creating havoc.

If ShinHu goes against YoungHoon we know he is gone for good.

I think there is a small possibility that ShinRo will self destruct for the greater good.  ShinHu will go to a facility for recovery with every faithful YoungHoon by this side.

The corporation needs to be destroyed.  It is a den in which corruption festers.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, cherienaw said:

Everytime HNS showed any change of heart, someone (or everyone) is beside him to provoke him. SB is there to remind him of how he’s a jerk that’s lower than a non human. Mom has betrayed him by not looking for him and was ok with a replica of him, dad was killed by his grandfather etc.  Putting someone under such psychological trauma by having everyone betray him all his life... how will he not go crazy? Would have been better if he started out the drama by at least not showing any physical violence towards others and then have SB understand him when he told him how he felt having to wake up knowing everyone beside him is ok with him being replaced. Having at least SB understand him and help him under those circumstances and then fall in love with each other while RNS humanly wishes them a happy ever after would of been ideal. At least we get to see how HNS becomes more humane from the power of love. Two humans falling for each other would have been more sweet than knowing how difficult it would be for SB to live the rest of her life knowing that she have limitations to what she can do with a robot.

There is nothing sure about this. Even the recording could have been manipulated... just like NGH did in the meeting. He erased everything Seo said so that only his co-workers were revealed as traitors. Seo could have used such a method too.

Moreover, should we feel sorry for a guy who got caught in a fight? JYH was slapped because NS did something wrong. Sure, the way NGH scolds him is not right but if my son had done such a thing, I wouldn't have accepted his behavior too. By taking the blame, JYH just reinforced his bad behavior: NS didn't admit his wrongdoing.

To me, NS is justifying his actions by blaming everyone around him. Instead of showing his strengths and skills, he prefers ruining NS3's reputation which is in fact his own reputation. At some point, he will be responsible for someone's death... and should we feel sorry for him? No, wrong is wrong and right is right. 

The way he took the watch was painful to witness. I saw it as an assault. The problem is that KSB is now responsible for NS3 and not ORR. Hence NS stole NS3 from KSB.

I have no problem with this romance because we have a lot of fantasy story about humans falling in love with gods, vampires, werewolves... These kind of stories are often used to point out to be more open-minded and tolerant...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cherienaw said:

Everytime HNS showed any change of heart, someone (or everyone) is beside him to provoke him. SB is there to remind him of how he’s a jerk that’s lower than a non human. Mom has betrayed him by not looking for him and was ok with a replica of him, dad was killed by his grandfather etc.  Putting someone under such psychological trauma by having everyone betray him all his life... how will he not go crazy? Would have been better if he started out the drama by at least not showing any physical violence towards others and then have SB understand him when he told him how he felt having to wake up knowing everyone beside him is ok with him being replaced. Having at least SB understand him and help him under those circumstances and then fall in love with each other while RNS humanly wishes them a happy ever after would of been ideal. At least we get to see how HNS becomes more humane from the power of love. Two humans falling for each other would have been more sweet than knowing how difficult it would be for SB to live the rest of her life knowing that she have limitations to what she can do with a robot.

i agree with you. but if plot be like that, this drama couldn't be dramatic as we see xD

i think someone will sacrifice him/herself (die or almost dying) , maybe Young Hoon or mom, for waking up Human Nam Shin to realize wich one is right path. 

Edited by ak3ra09
  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

b2509768415b74d4d4864a00854a279b50afae9cec8348c4c69f62af8ec74f8738a6e9e5b75cf20f

NamSin3   X KangSoBon ROBOMANCE 

e63e0a3c10219fab31030c02a9b9b18cdeba9d29

No hate  For Human NamSin  but i hope SoBong  should understand him more and everyone around him

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

@triplem @jerboa83 @nateko@alekaonu @Kasmic  @philosophie@kaoriharang @USAFarmgirl

This episode was about free will. 

It is said that free will is what makes us human.  

We see that once NS3 is put on manual control, he can not decide for himself and for his actions. As such, he is not a human as he doesn't possess free will. That's why he is so different from NS. However, this leads me to this question: does NS have free will in reality?  

Two famous psychologists Freud and Skinner agreed on one thing: that human behavior was determined by influences within or outside the person. Freud talked about unconscious conflicts as causes of behavior, and Skinner talked about environmental contingencies, but either way we were not free to decide. To conclude, NS's choices don't express free will, rather they reveal that his decisions are influenced by his emotions, his surroundings and his past. He is not different from NS3 in the end. 

Besides, there is another aspect to NS's "free will": he is manipulated by Seo. Seo doesn't need to use a computer to monitor NS and control his actions. He knows exactly how NS thinks and what he is thinking. He can even predict how NS will react which outlines the lack of self-discernment coming from NS. By comparing NS to NS3, we come to the conclusion that in the end, NS is just like NS3. He is just controlled by another human being, Seo. 

Yet there is one difference: NS3 knows very well about his own situation, whereas NS is so blind and stupid to realize that he is manipulated. This is what makes NS so dangerous. He thinks, he possesses free will, while it is the exact opposite. He has less free will than NS3 as the latter is able to distinguish what are his own decisions and not. 

e63e0a3c10219fab31030c02a9b9b18cdeba9d29

Finally, the final scene confirms that human behaviour is determined by influences within and outside the person. The tear from KSB (outside) was able to trigger his memory and based on his past (inside), he realized what he was doing and what he needed to do. His past experiences pushed him to act differently from NS's order.

As conclusion, NS3 has become a real human as he proved to NS that he could disobey NS's order and show his free will. Remember that saying: free will is what makes us human.  

I would even add that NS3's reaction pointed out his superiority compared to NS. He recognizes what is right and wrong, while the "heir" ignores it. The robot knows that hurting someone is not acceptable, while NS doesn't even care. Only his emotions and his point of view matter, he even blackmails JYH emotionally. Furthermore, NS3 always keeps his promises, whereas NS doesn't see the real value and meaning behind these.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

i have the feeling there is no happy ending with this..:( if she ends up with the robot that's still a sad ending he's still is just a machine... they would never have a normal life, like a real couple having kids and stuff.. i though she could end up with the human namshin, but it's impossible now since it only has 6 episodes left. :tears: i just want her to have a happy ending she deserves better... :heartbreak:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, cherienaw said:

That is an interesting perspective.  My views are a little different.

SB is there to remind him of how he’s a jerk that’s lower than a non human. In my opinion SB is reminding him of facts. He is behaving like a jerk and he is behaving like one of the lowest form so human life.   Someone needs to remind him that his behavior is abominable. 

His mother is too overcome with guilt and susceptible to his manipulation.

Younghoon has too much faith in him.

ShinHu is a jerk and his behavior is appalling, someone needs to let him know so he realize it isn't acceptable. 

SoBong didn't betray ShinHu.  She broke the rule of the job.  Betrayal requires personal connection, attachment and an implied social contract.  You can't "betray" a stranger.  SoBong and ShinHu weren't and aren't friends.  She failed at her job guarding a man she didn't know well.

ShinHu and his pain.  Seriously, since watching his glee as he makes ShinRo bring people to edge of death, when he uses his situation to manipulate the people who cares for him all I think is blah blah blah.  Start playing the smallest violin.

ShinHu doesn't need a good woman to cure him of being a emotionally abusive jerk. Let's not underestimate the awesomeness of YeNa (who I don't particularly like because of her contempt for Shin3 but fully recognize her awesomeness anyway). Her devotion to ShinHu is unhealthy since ShinHu never reciprocates her emotional investment even as he reaps the benefit of it.  She broke with her father to be with ShinHu and support him.  ShinBrat shows not one iota of appreciation for YeNa's loyalty.  I see no reason to expect him to be more appreciative of SoBong.  ShinHu is so lacking in humanity, except for the negatives aspect of the species, jealousy, cruelty, self-pity, etc. 

He laid in bed all that time and came awake annoyed that a robot was taking his place.  Somehow he didn't hear when everyone was IMPLORING HIM TO WAKE THE HELL UP.  He didn't hear his mother fighting with the doctor to do every and any treatment that would keep in alive and get him awake.

Instead he wakes up and is annoyed because there is a robot in his place.  Did he not hear that the robot was in his place to protect his place.  Nah,  Instead he spends his time playing his personal songs of lamentation accompanied by the world's tiniest violin.

ShinHu has full access to love. YoungHoon LOVES him and is loyal to him and allows himself to be abused to protect ShinHu.  His mama loves him.  The awesome YeNa loves him, for now. [If YeNa has any sense she would go to San Francisco and leave the ungrateful brat, her murderous father and the corrupting corporation behind.]

If they intend to have a redemption arc for ShinHu I'm curious if they'll be able to pull it off, because as of now ShinHu is awful.

Maybe ShinBrat's behavior is a medical problem. Perhaps they'll find that when ShinHu fell the head wound started a growth in his brain that is pressing on the spot in his head where his humanity should be and this is why he's being so cruel; his conscience is being inhibited. 

On another note.  I notice that folks are lamenting SoBong ending up with the Robot.  I don't remember people decrying the Goblin's pairing of human and god? I've heard so much support of loving goblins, fairies, werefolks, and vampires yet people are troubled at the idea of a human paired with a robot in a fantasy story. I wonder what they think the difference is.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, OMiHO said:

i have the feeling there is no happy ending with this..:( if she ends up with the robot that's still a sad ending he's still is just a machine... they would never have a normal life, like a real couple having kids and stuff.. i though she could end up with the human namshin, but it's impossible now since it only has 6 episodes left. :tears: i just want her to have a happy ending she deserves better... :heartbreak:

I disagree, how can it be a sad ending if Sobong ends up with the one she loves, NS3? You say, she can't have a normal life? True, but people have loved people who are transgender, who have disabilities, who have terminal diseases, people who can't have kids due to health issues, they too will never have that concept of a "normal" life but guess what, a normal life is so overrated. What matters is what one makes most out of life. If the person is happy and content with the one she/he is in love with they can weather any storm life throws out at them. What Sobong deserves is the happiness she wants and has been fighting for and that is life with NS3:wink:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Oh my goodness! Even Robot Shin is subjected to the law of romantic flashbacks in k-drama! :blink::lol:

Hacking never looked so sexy! :lol:

• LOL 12

45 minutes ago, kdramafan43v3r said:

I disagree, how can it be a sad ending if Sobong ends up with the one she loves, NS3? You say, she can't have a normal life? True, but people have loved people who are transgender, who have disabilities, who have terminal diseases, people who can't have kids due to health issues, they too will never have that concept of a "normal" life but guess what, a normal life is so overrated. What matters is what one makes most out of life. If the person is happy and content with the one she/he is in love with they can weather any storm life throws out at them. What Sobong deserves is the happiness she wants and has been fighting for and that is life with NS3:wink:

later on she will realize it's like she had a relationship with a dil** machine.. all those you mention are humans not machine.. :heartbreak:i guess we have diff perception in life... later when she grows old he never will and will never die thats sad. a robot is still a robot a machine that humans input data and commands in the end she will still realize.. he has been trained since he was newly created as expected as how he was created mimicking a real life person.. but in the end he will never feel and never will... and that is sad for the part of sobong...

• Like 5

It seems to me that next week, Seo will be in the center of the fight. NS3 will be able to get rid of him. I sense that NS's arch will be over tonight.

20 minutes ago, OMiHO said:

later on she will realize it's like she had a relationship with a dil** machine.. all those you mention are humans not machine.. :heartbreak:

But in this drama, the robot doesn't act and think like a machine but like a human being.

Besides, some people in Japan live with dolls and act as if they were real human. There it is not uncommon.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

0000220862_001_20180731174749510.jpg?typ

New stills, there is an article related to this as well I don't understand. However it did talk about some twist in tonight's episode. 

P.s I have seen a lot of comments saying so bong should end with human because she can't spend her whole life with a robot. Opinions are opinions and I respect that however even if I like human shin and pity him despite his shitty behavior I can't see him sith so bong they have a toxic bond. As for nam shin 3 and so bong. I think when you are in love things like these doesn't matter. The end game should be so bong and robot shin. Still rooting for both shins yayy

• Like 11

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@triplem @jerboa83 @nateko@alekaonu @Kasmic  @philosophie@kaoriharang @USAFarmgirl

This episode was about free will. 

It is said that free will is what makes us human.  

We see that once NS3 is put on manual control, he can not decide for himself and for his actions. As such, he is not a human as he doesn't possess free will. That's why he is so different from NS. However, this leads me to this question: does NS have free will in reality?  

Two famous psychologists Freud and Skinner agreed on one thing: that human behavior was determined by influences within or outside the person. Freud talked about unconscious conflicts as causes of behavior, and Skinner talked about environmental contingencies, but either way we were not free to decide. To conclude, NS's choices don't express free will, rather they reveal that his decisions are influenced by his emotions, his surroundings and his past. He is not different from NS3 in the end. 

Besides, there is another aspect to NS's "free will": he is manipulated by Seo. Seo doesn't need to use a computer to monitor NS and control his actions. He knows exactly how NS thinks and what he is thinking. He can even predict how NS will react which outlines the lack of self-discernment coming from NS. By comparing NS to NS3, we come to the conclusion that in the end, NS is just like NS3. He is just controlled by another human being, Seo. 

Yet there is one difference: NS3 knows very well about his own situation, whereas NS is so blind and stupid to realize that he is manipulated. This is what makes NS so dangerous. He thinks, he possesses free will, while it is the exact opposite. He has less free will than NS3 as the latter is able to distinguish what are his own decisions and not. 

Finally, the final scene confirms that human behaviour is determined by influences within and outside the person. The tear from KSB (outside) was able to trigger his memory and based on his past (inside), he realized what he was doing and what he needed to do. His past experiences pushed him to act differently from NS's order.

As conclusion, NS3 has become a real human as he proved to NS that he could disobey NS's order and show his free will. Remember that saying: free will is what makes us human.  

I would even add that NS3's reaction pointed out his superiority compared to NS. He recognizes what is right and wrong, while the "heir" ignores it. The robot knows that hurting someone is not acceptable, while NS doesn't even care. Only his emotions and his point of view matter, he even blackmails JYH emotionally. Furthermore, NS3 always keeps his promises, whereas NS doesn't see the real value and meaning behind these.  

I've always considered "free will" to be a collective myth (a religious, more than a strictly phylosophical one) that humans conceived to define and distinguish themselves from the other intelligent mammals. It's not a scientific fact: https://betterhumans.coach.me/cognitive-bias-cheat-sheet-55a472476b18

We like to think that we are free to choose, at least to a certain degree, because that's a necessary prerequisite for living together and building a society based on laws, rewards and punishments. 

I partially agree with Nietzsche in saying that achieving real free will would be a Superhuman effort, something outside the limits of what we currently conceive as "human". And that's where the whole AIs matter can be inserted into the debate... Will they manifest the potential to become Nietzsche's "Superhumans" by overcoming the limitations due to Freudian "Pleasure Principle" and "death drive" and the darkest outcomes of Schopenhauer's and Nietzsche's Will/"will to power"?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

I've always considered "free will" to be a collective myth (a religious, more than a strictly phylosophical one) that humans conceived to define and distinguish themselves from the other intelligent mammals. It's not a scientific fact: https://betterhumans.coach.me/cognitive-bias-cheat-sheet-55a472476b18

We like to think that we are free to choose, at least to a certain degree, because that's a necessary prerequisite for living together and building a society based on laws, rewards and punishments. 

I partially agree with Nietzsche in saying that achieving real free will would be a Superhuman effort, something outside the limits of what we currently conceive as "human". And that's where the whole AIs matter can be inserted into the debate... Will they manifest the potential to become Nietzsche's "Superhumans" by overcoming the limitations due to Freudian "Pleasure Principle" and "death drive" and the darkest outcomes of Schopenhauer's and Nietzsche's Will/"will to power"?

Thanks a lot for completing my post about free will because you added more layers to the question. Superhuman indicates his superiority towards humans. 

• Like 9

@2handsintertwined Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. You should stay and comment as much as you want! Don't leave. I would  never  kick anybody  so it wasn't my intention. You didn't say anything wrong, just the word wasn't right so that's ok :) I like reading your posts so catch up on the thread and write something. Let's  forget about this and continue watching fun dramas!:D Plus, you fit here so don't worry. Every opinion is valuable. You didn't cause any  trouble. 

• Like 9

@2handsintertwined

Sorry for beeing off topic here!

I don´t really know what is going on - but I know how easy it can become to write something the other will misunderstand - hey - we can´t see faces. But hey - don´t let it come to your heart. I met wonderful chingus thanks to soompi - for me its huge fun beeing here and there is more than one Drama I even loved more to watch because I could share my love here. I hope you will not decide to turn your back on soompi - and the people here and I hope you will really not believe you made that happen - because having different minds and sharing that is what I love here.

On the other hand I can understand when you need a break. I once was so activ here and for real lifes sake (and more) I needed a break - But i needed to come back too - even so not as activ as before anymore. Oh and I feel bad to hear that you think its not a place people will be welcomed - wasn´t like that to me - and I hope not for others...

Sorry - so please go on with the Drama - Can´t wait to see todays Episode!

• Like 9

Hi everybody !!

I'm here just silent lurkin but I realy like the many sides in discusion about ShinR and ShinH. There will be no Robots without Humans.

So Bong sometimes is lovely but she have also realy anoyng moments when I think she realy don't use a brain but mabey because she is 'blind' in love.

I like the sweet moments/situation - the one in yesterday episode when she caried Maibo outside and make the calls ShinR. After they entered the Gym she caried Maibo under her jacket. She cares about him even though Maibo is a robot without the human face.

Shin Hwaiting !  if you are Robo or Human.

p.s.

I heare the sound of the smallest violine too ;)

• Like 10

@bebebisous33 Your post about free will is really great. I agree with everything you said :D 

As for So Bong being with Shin III. It's not impossible. If writer makes it possible in the world he created in the drama then why not? :D Every world created in the particular drama/movie has it own rules. And here we have definitely sci-fi drama so who knows what will happen. I said it before, but there is a movie with Robin Williams where his robot character is able to become human. Maybe Shin III can also become one? Let's hope they bring us satisfying ending. Can't wait for today's episode! :D 

• Like 7

apparently Grandpa killed someone and jungwoo was about to expose  him he was locked up in hospital and tried to escape but slipped and fell down, he is alive but jongil choked him to death.

lmao they are hugging and grandpa is behind them unconscious on ground

YH arrives and takes care of chairman, Shin 3 tells him grandpa has dementia. Seo overhears them. He texts Shin and wants to meet him. 

Shin looks at Shin 3 and so bong furiously and drives away 

• Like 8
  • Sad 4