Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

9 hours ago, hushhh said:

True about holding on the story.

But along with deceiving SoBong, she also got her into the position where she was trapped into working for Seo.

And she did tell SoBong dad about Shin3 when she didn't want to. She also snooped through SoBong stuff while she was staying with SoBong's family. They had extended a hand of kindness to her.

It's true that she saw the content of the pen drive left by Sobong without her consent.

About the other two things that you mentioned, she's the one who said her to quit many times because it was becoming too dangerous, but Sobong didn't listen to her 'cause in the meanwhile she had grown attached to N3. She also didn't tell S's dad openly, she just firmly suggested that it was the right thing to do.

6 hours ago, st12 said:

I just finished watching ep 28 and it is great. So unpredictable and making me crazy but loving this drama more and more...

Actually, I am in human NS side (dont kill me please). Yes, I fall in love with NS3.. What kind of woman would not be interested in perfect guy like NS3? But hey....he is a robot. And that actually explain why NS3 is perfect. Because human is not perfect. Just because human have a bad attitude does not mean they are bad and we want them die. So, for me, no matter how perfect or kind NS3, at the end of the story he is just a robot. Thats why I watch this drama with expectation that NS3 and SB will not be togehter.

I hope human NS and SB will be friends at least (actually I wish human NS will be together with SB...). NS3 and SB relationship also began with the bad situation where SB always lie and she is a spy. So I will see human NS and SB progress...

Let me put everything into a different perspective: many soompiers wrote in this thread that humans deserve to be loved despite their flaws, or even "because" of their flaws; following this logic, N3 doesn't deserve to love and to be loved because he's "perfect"? Is that how we are going to relate to other possible sentient beings (artificial, alien...) in case we encounter them in the future or in the vast universe outthere and they prove to be better than us? Quite unfair...

Ps: N3 has proved his agency and his ability to make his own decisions many times, so far. He's developing his own identity, far beyond the boundaries imposed by his mother, whose original programming has been rewritten and redefined to a point she didn't espect and she's even scared of.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 14

Just to add to what @jerboa83 mentioned, it is quite biased to say that NS3 cos he's a robot doesn't deserve to be with a human...with that reasoning we're basically just being jerks like NS mocking NS3 that humans only deserve to be with humans and loved by humans without even thinking about what makes Sobong happy.

Sobong in the story has long accepted her fate that there will be lots of issues/obstacles that she's going to face in the present and future loving a robot, she's even willing to risk her life for NS3 cos that's what makes her happy so why can't we be that accepting also?

The only happy ending that can come off with NS is to finally let go of his grandpa and mommy issues/baggage so he can be a better person and spend his time with his mom to make up for the 20 years that they've lost. It doesn't necessarily have to be that he ends up in love with SB or YN or anyone by the end of the drama.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

I’m sorry but you totally missed the point of this Drama. It isn’t a Woman gets together with an Android/Robot. It is about what we call human. How can something not human be acting more human than the ones who actually are?

10 hours ago, darr said:

Thank u. I had expected the two of them to have started showing positive spark as soon as he woke up but the writer went too far with the villain ish. Also SB being too emotionally invested in the robot is a no no.

That was what spoiled the drama for me. The robot has a work to do and had they defined boundaries, he will still be loved and cherished by both his replica and sb.

You both make very interesting points. I'm taking this a bit further, and exploring another human fantasy that, I think, is as old as our existence as a species: Can we create life?

Here are some essential questions that this drama raise for me: 

What is life?

What is being human?

Can we create life from scratch (not procreate as we do by making babies, in a tube or not)?

A human being is said by most great philosophers, ancient and contemporary, to be body, mind and spirit.

NS3 has a (great) body, obviously. Bodies and armors are easy for us, humans, to build.

As we see NS3 evolve into a more human behavior, we see him develop thoughts of his own, a will of his own, so basically a mind of his own.

French philosopher Descartes once hinted at, in his writing Passions of the Soul (read it a long time ago, and paraphrasing from memory), the soul being the center of our emotions. He said it expressed itself through raw, primal emotions, through something not processed through rational thinking. In that sense, we see NS3 having impulses (wanting to take SB away from NS, and by doing so admitting to acting before analyzing the situation). We see NS3 missing SB when they're apart for an extended period of time. Though he is struggling to know what a feeling is like, SB mentions to him feelings are reflected in our actions. Therefore we could conclude that NS3 missing SB is manifested through what he calls "glitches" of creating her image even when she is not present. Crazily, in that sense, it's possible that the writer is showing us that NS3 is developing a spirit

The above points, to me, explain the question contained the title of our beloved show: [NS3,] Are You Human?

Without necessarily becoming human (he has a different body), could NS3 one day ever be considered a living being? The "spirit" / spiritual part is more mysterious to me, not something one can touch, not something tangible, and is something that is perceived differently by all of us in what surrounds us (we talk about our spirit, the spirit of the law, etc...) I fail yet to see how such a concept could one day apply to robotics, but because of this drama I'm thinking of all those comparisons, and the parallels are stretching my mind.

I notice that the writer is always reminding us that there are two sides of the same coin, two sides of a story. There is a notion of duality in this show that is very much about our humanity. I'm truly in awe of the way the show is so well-rounded, well written, and has so many mirrors reflecting off each other through the characters' story arc. When the show started I thought the question Are You Human only applied to NS3; but seeing NS struggle, act out, shut down feelings and emotions like empathy, love, compassion, and being less rational, I'm seeing characters like So Bong ask NS, "Are You Human, too?" I don't think it is to be mean to him, but more to help him snap out of his current state and make him question himself. 

Back to NS3, given So Bong's attachment to NS3, I think the show also does subtly raise the ethical question of human/android-AI romantic relationships. We can't ignore it. These two beings are clearly attached to each other, but they are different. They are not made the same, yet they love each other. We've seen this storyline in many books, in many dramas, since the beginning of times, from vampires, mermaids and fallen angels stories (and more). I love NS3, and KSJ does such an amazing job portraying both his characters, and I love seeing him with SB, but a part of me is also conflicted and disturbed... by the romantic aspect of their relationship. To me, that relationship also tells me how lonely So Bong must have been before NS3 showed up in her life. Everyone around her (her dad, Jo, the two guys who are always in the gym) love her, but they're all rough around the edges. It doesn't seem that she's been shown much respect before. She is a bit of a tomboy, and there's nothing in the show that hints at a love interest treating her well before, either. Though NS3 is a robot, he is showing he makes some choices of his own. She sees it, and she is touched. I think he's filling a big void that was already in her life, and possibly a void that some people in real life feel (it's ironic that with all the technology we have today, some studies say that we actually spend less time than before being and doing things with friends, in person). And here the writer is messing with me again, because I'm wondering if he is saying that in the future, we, humans, might try to fill our emotional voids with high technology that looks like us as well.

That was a long post, sorry. This show is really playing a number on me, that hasn't happened in a long time. :sweatingbullets:

I love the conversation that it's making us have, even when we have different opinions (diversity of opinions is good!). I love reading all your posts. :lol:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

13 hours ago, peachyss said:

I don't understand why some people hate the idea of HNS ending up with KSB? I would never choose a robot over human. What is wrong with you people? :lol:
Everybody thinks NS3 is perfect. He is perfect friend, perfect boyfriend, perfect son! God, of course he is perfect! He is designed to be perfect! If this drama isnt about robots people will love NS just the way he is for sure. Even when he slaps KSB people probably be like "Its so wrong but he will settle down! Because he has KSB etc.
I'm reading comments in twitter, youtube etc and I saw a lot of comment like "I hope he dies, I hope he will get into coma again!"
Why? Because he acts like human! Because he makes mistakes and shows emotions... Well, ok then. :vicx:

Because everything that has happened, it shows you that they can't be each other. How terrible would it be if they end up being together? It doesn't make any sense. It's better Kang So Bong ends up with nobody. How could you justify everything NS has done to KSB and vice versa?

Kang So Bong right now loves someone who looks exactly the same with NS. If later on, Kang So Bong doesn't end up with NS3, she can't start having relationship with someone that has any relations with NS3, let alone NS. Looking Nam Shin will remind him of the robot, and how painful for both of them for being together?

You just force things that male and female lead should always end up being together, but hate the idea human-android love story. If they're too irrational being together, it will always be better to have sad ending.

People who ships KSB-NS seem to see in NS side. What about Kang So Bong? Don't you see everything that she has gone through to get the fact her first love is a robot? She starts feeling to be loved as a woman, loved by man robot, but someone who has hurted her just going in to middle of their relationship just because he found it "interesting"? How can it be she falls in love to Nam Shin? Just end up being together just like that? Forgetting what have happened? That's more fantasy and irrational for me. 

• Like 12

15 hours ago, peachyss said:

If this drama isnt about robots people will love NS just the way he is for sure.

Nope, some would rather root for #WhatsWrongwithSecretaryJi 

NS is your stereotypical "bad boy bc of a traumatic past" Kdrama lead, but c'mon,  we've got two much more lovable beings here. 

One attribute of being human is we only see what we know. We cannot accept the possibility of a long-term romantic relationship between a human and a robot bc AI is not yet an integral part of our social life (yuck, don't Google the latest AI news published today -- it's sleazy). This show gives us a glimpse of a possible future and how people experiencing that future react to it. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Please join the dvd pre-survey ..... we get deleted scenes and bts,etc. that we otherwise won't be able to see. There is not that much time left. This is a basic guide how to join daum if you cannot read Korean.

Anyway, not to be a downer but am I the only one who thinks no one will be together in the end? lol. Seung Yeon did not do filming in Czech so SB+NS3 being there is not going to happen. Either NS/NS3 will go back with mom and maybe NS3 comes back to Seoul? It will be tragic if one of them dies so an open ending seems likely...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

Anyway, not to be a downer but am I the only one who thinks no one will be together in the end? lol. Seung Yeon did not do filming in Czech so SB+NS3 being there is not going to happen. 

Exactly.. Secretary Kim already went ahead with their wedding. And here we are, still scrutinize possible better ending for AYHT OTP (which OTP also quite blur)  ^_^ What an irony.....

We all dont even dare to hope for the wedding I guess....

Note ÷ He should have just sticked to his robot chingu and avoid human lady / rivalry and the love problem caused by it. Hahahah....

Happy Weekend!

1699Pqqh.jpg

P.S Am i the only one keep rewatching the episodes... compulsively checking twitter/IG and obessesively refreshed this forum for new insight?

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

Finally watched the two episodes! Unpredictable once again.

I really have no idea how the ending will be, but i have a strong gut feeling that NS3 will end up being destroyed. It makes no sense for SB to get with NS. These two hate each other. It makes more sense if SB goes on her own, away from NS in the end. 

There seems to be divided opinions on SB loving a robot instead of a human. For me, I see that SB loves NS3 not because he is NS but because he is still his own individual despite being an adroid who looks like NS. Even i forget NS3 is not human. Which is probably why we get scenes that constantly reminds us that he is a robot (ex: his scarred robotic cheeks). It pokes at our reality and fantasy.

I honestly cannot grow any attachment to human NS because he is coming off with such an attitude that makes me not root for him. Yes, he grew up with a traumatic past, being separated from his mother who could have been a much warmer person than his grandpa is. But his actions just doesn't justify it for me. He is so filled with jealousy and insecurity. Yet this is what makes us humans, and this is also why I think NS3 will end up being destroyed in the end. We will be reminded that even in the end, an android will not be a human completely. 

The question of being human lies within the one who is actually human and the one who is becoming human. I have a feeling that the latter will resort to his original state, and will have to become un-human again. The one that is human will eventually learn something so valuable that he may actually alter himself to become a better person. The only ending I see that will make sense is SB and NS going their separate ways. 

Of course, I want NS3 to continue living but life on battery must be hard too :tears:

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nooneor said:

New BTS

https://m.vlive.tv/video/81984

Go watch now!!! 

Is that N or N3 on the roof of a skyscraper like he's about to jump/fall??? SCARY! :fearful:

EDIT: He's wearing the manual control, so it's N3! OMG, will they try to make him destroy himself?? (Plus, he has a WIRE attached to him, so is that actually a BTS?)

You can also see N3's arm stretched towards N in a menacing way and N retreating like he's scared of him... Now I think that it's Seo controlling N3 in manual mode, not human Shin... 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

Please join the dvd pre-survey ..... we get deleted scenes and bts,etc. that we otherwise won't be able to see. There is not that much time left. This is a basic guide how to join daum if you cannot read Korean.

Anyway, not to be a downer but am I the only one who thinks no one will be together in the end? lol. Seung Yeon did not do filming in Czech so SB+NS3 being there is not going to happen. Either NS/NS3 will go back with mom and maybe NS3 comes back to Seoul? It will be tragic if one of them dies so an open ending seems likely...

Andwae~ actually i dont like an open ending. writer nim please make a clear ending for urg haha

I know that SB didnot do filming in Czech. Maybe NS/NS3 will back again to Seoul and SB will be his bodyguard again, is that possible to make a realistic ending like that?

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Is that N or N3 on the roof of a skyscraper like he's about to jump/fall??? SCARY! :fearful:

EDIT: He's wearing the manual control, so it's N3! OMG, will they try to make him destroy himself?? (Plus, he has a WIRE attached to him, so is that actually a BTS?)

You can also see N3's arm stretched towards N in a menacing way and N retreating like he's scared of him... Now I think that it's Seo controlling N3 in manual mode, not human Shin... 

There's also a scene where one of the two is talking on the phone with a smiling Sobong, and at the bottom of the screen you can read "How might Namshin's and Sobong's relationship be/develop/change?" (Please correct me if I'm wrong: my Korean is still far from good... Min 3:45) https://m.vlive.tv/video/81984

• Like 11

So this is what we are going to see in next episode 

96ZZLbY.jpg

I hope it's not one of another fights and this time they really talk it out. Especially Nam Shin. I truly believe NS3 isn't going to jump down, even if he does he won't die. May be he will try to jump down but NS will save him lol.

I feel like NS will only use the control mode because of grandpa and to know his intentions. I don't think he has some evil intentions (bad yes maybe).

Also the part as mentioned by @jerboa83 where NS3 arm's stretched towards NS and NS moving back, I think NS is also holding  NS3's battery watch or something? Maybe it's really Seo controlling NS3? 

P.S a stupid question but they both are Seo kang joons so why is the kang joon on the left (brown coat) is shorter than the one on right lol

• Like 12

20 hours ago, hushhh said:

Struggling with the enraging keyboards since I'm so longwinded.

I'm holding up and looking for engrossing dramas now thatthis is about to end.

Hahaha :D 

Was it any good? I've not seen anything about this. It looked to me that it was fairly similar to that other robot-themed KDrama. I loved that one though (although I can't remember it's name currently...) :) 

• Like 2

@CamelKnight I didn’t watch the other one but this one is good . More a melodrama than a rom-com. Not much fluff 

——

Oooo I’m excited just at seeing this spoiler gif . What is  JYH confronting Human NS about ? 

By the way if you are interested in getting the photo essays & scripts, check these links 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Arrrgh, the previews look bad  :tears:  I've had enough internet for today. I think I will only come back on Monday to watch the new episode, I don't want to stress thinking that our precious NS3 might die :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

After everything writernims have put us through, I will not be satisfied if we get an open ending. I’m gonna need some closure!

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, philosophie said:

After everything writernims have put us through, I will not be satisfied if we get an open ending. I’m gonna need some closure!

I wont compromise on a bad ending or open ending in anycase. I want happy ending for both shins, so bong and YH. To be honest I really don't see a bad ending for robot shin at all. He is definitely getting a good ending with SB. However I don't really see a good ending for Shin his self destructive path puts his ending in danger. 

Also theI scene in bts where he is moving back with Shin 3 hand moving towards him in a menacing way is not seo controlling him but it's probably shin who will take off shin 3's battery and shin 3 will try to take it back before falling down lifeless. 

Can't they be friends already? And can YH and Shin not fight with each other? :tears:

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

@crazyyo

3 hours ago, crazyyo said:

P.S a stupid question but they both are Seo kang joons so why is the kang joon on the left (brown coat) is shorter than the one on right lol

I'm pretty sure it's because of their shoes, the human Nam Shin is wearing flat sneakers whilst Robo Shin is wearing formal attire so he might be wearing leather shoes with a slight heel. (I would show a picture but I'm new to soompi and haven't gotten the hang of it yet :))

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1