Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

I think I know what's happening in this scene. So Bong unconsciously said kill switch in front of human Shin and Ye Na saw kill switch box in So Bong's hands. At one point he will realize that Robot Shin has a kill switch and it's at grandpa's house. I think human Shin will try to steal the box but super clever grandpa will catch him.

Honestly saying I don't see Human Shin going towards the right path. His mind is too messed up at this point and seeing the preview I think it's going to become even more complicated in coming episodes. There are only 6 episodes left, the chances of him to go full evil before realizing his mistake and choosing the right path are very low. They have to uncover his dad's death as well I do hope that would be the turning point for him. I hope he won't go full evil :bawling:  I don't understand if grandpa had NS3 as his successor in mind why did he mess up Nam Shin's life after kidnapping him? Is Nam Shin just grandpa's plan B?:angry: 

• Like 8

"I need to keep you away from that person. Is that what you call jealousy?"

:love:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

I think I know what's happening in this scene. So Bong unconsciously said kill switch in front of human Shin and Ye Na saw kill switch box in So Bong's hands. At one point he will realize that Robot Shin has a kill switch and it's at grandpa's house. I think human Shin will try to steal the box but super clever grandpa will catch him.

Honestly saying I don't see Human Shin going towards the right path. His mind is too messed up at this point and seeing the preview I think it's going to become even more complicated in coming episodes. There are only 6 episodes left, the chances of him to go full evil before realizing his mistake and choosing the right path are very low. They have to uncover his dad's death as well I do hope that would be the turning point for him. I hope he won't go full evil :bawling:  I don't understand if grandpa had NS3 as his successor in mind why did he mess up Nam Shin's life after kidnapping him? Is Nam Shin just grandpa's plan

@crazyyo I have the same feeling... NS might choose to work with Seo in order to defeat NS3. Let us not forget that NGH told NS3, he needs to learn to "embrace the enemy". However, the discovery of the true circumstances of his father's death might be the trigger for NS to realize his mistake. In my opinion, even NS misunderstood his grandfather. NGH separated him from his mother because he wanted to protect him. The mother would have never agreed to remain by NGH's side. Besides, we can see that ORR has always despised Seo hence by remaining there, she would have added more fuel to the fire. NS needs to witness why NS3 was able to touch so many hearts, although he is just a robot: he treats everyone around him with respect and attention. He treats them like humans.

• Like 8

In the beginning I thought real NS is not a bad guy; He lied to his mom

that he didn't want living with her but with his grandpa...he just wanted protecting

his mom from chairman.

and after he made a scadal at airport just to find a way to go searching his mom...

But now, he changes his behaviors to become a real .................. jerk !!

How can he think and speak to people who did anything to save his life like that ????

especially to his mom ! If he's a good person; he should thank to NS3 to replace him

all the time being beside his mom and defend for his place in PK.

I think the writer changes the scripte : it's like that in korean drama, the story changes

following the viewers' reactions. Maybe the production saw the viewers like the love story

between NS3 & SB; so they make the real NS into bad guy so ... maybe they ' kill' him

in the end ???????

Like in ' The mirecle we met', the writer created a ' love story" to be between KHJ and the CEO but

it didn't work so she came back to her husband Kim Muyng Ming ...

So why many writers don't want pro-production !

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@crazyyo I have the same feeling... NS might choose to work with Seo in order to defeat NS3. Let us not forget that NGH told NS3, he needs to learn to "embrace the enemy". However, the discovery of the true circumstances of his father's death might be the trigger for NS to realize his mistake. In my opinion, even NS misunderstood his grandfather. NGH separated him from his mother because he wanted to protect him. The mother would have never agreed to remain by NGH's side. Besides, we can see that ORR has always despised Seo hence by remaining there, she would have added more fuel to the fire. NS needs to witness why NS3 was able to touch so many hearts, although he is just a robot: he treats everyone around him with respect and attention. He treats them like humans.

He has no other reason to call Seo at hide out. I'm sure he is not dying to know why Seo tried to kill him. YES! he must have said something like this to Shin as well. I hope his father's death secret will help him in realizing his mistakes. About NGH protecting NS from mom, I really don't think so. He doesn't love Shin one bit! He just saw him as a product just like he is seeing NS3 as a product. He threw away NS when he found out NS3 is better for him. His expressions when real Shin showed up at meeting rehearsal were full of anger. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, crazyyo said:

He has no other reason to call Seo at hide out. I'm sure he is not dying to know why Seo tried to kill him. YES! he must have said something like this to Shin as well. I hope his father's death secret will help him in realizing his mistakes. About NGH protecting NS from mom, I really don't think so. He doesn't love Shin one bit! He just saw him as a product just like he is seeing NS3 as a product. He threw away NS when he found out NS3 is better for him. His expressions when real Shin showed up at meeting rehearsal were full of anger. 

I think, we should make a difference between the chairman NGH and the grandfather. You are right that he was mad to see NS at the meeting rehearsal. IT seems that in his eyes NS3 is the better candidate to become his successor. But I doubt that he doesn't love his grandson. He still asked David about NS's health condition. I do think that he misses his deceased son and even loved him, however his company means a lot to him. He didn't reveal the real circumstances of JW's death as it would hurt the company reputation. 

To me, the only real villain in this drama is SGJ as he is always acting and never honest, even his own daughter. I couldn't forget how he faked certain feelings in front of her... hurt her so that YN would lead him to NS's place.  Even in the last episode, he warned her that he could become crueler, implying that he would even hurt her.

• Like 6

I knew it! At the end of ep. 22, that it was the real Shin & not the robot. But wait, now he wants So-Bong too?! :huh: Guess all that "rest" didn't change his bad attitude one bit<_< Truly the human Shin & Ye-Na deserve each other:rolleyes:

I'm not so sure if handing over the kill switch to Grandpa is such a good idea??!! His facial expression when Shin bled was so laughable:lol:

Love whenever David affectionately calls ShinBot "my son". So glad his mom has given up ridding ShinBot... The cafe scene broke my heart:unsure:

Is it just me who was uncomfortable over Ms. Cho groping ShinBot?! I get she was curious but it was really...eh<_< :PHA So-Bong & ShinBot are both developing feelings of jealousy :D  Now it seems the robot has more compassion than its human counterpart. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone ever question why or how David knew that JYH was the closest person/secretary to NS? I mean even mom didn't know who he was at that point so it wouldn't make sense for him to.

Also, since the line appeared more than once, perhaps the reason why NS doesn't like looking up at people is because he had to look up at his grandfather for a long time and developed some kind of trauma? NS acts like a bad guy but if you look closely there is a vulnerability in eyes that appears at times. I'm definitely not excusing that manhandling he does, but he seems like a kid pretending to be bad. I don't think everything is as black and white as most people are seeing it.

@diane90 This is a pre-production, so there will be no changes.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I think, we should make a difference between the chairman NGH and the grandfather. You are right that he was mad to see NS at the meeting rehearsal. IT seems that in his eyes NS3 is the better candidate to become his successor. But I doubt that he doesn't love his grandson. He still asked David about NS's health condition. I do think that he misses his deceased son and even loved him, however his company means a lot to him. He didn't reveal the real circumstances of JW's death as it would hurt the company reputation. 

To me, the only real villain in this drama is SGJ as he is always acting and never honest, even his own daughter. I couldn't forget how he faked certain feelings in front of her... hurt her so that YN would lead him to NS's place.  Even in the last episode, he warned her that he could become crueler, implying that he would even hurt her.

May be you are right but I'm not feeling it. Yes he did ask about his health but he didn't react AT ALL when david told him that shin probably won't wake up. NGH personality is a mystery right now tbh and I think the writer kept it that way on purpose. In trailers he was introduced as 'the king of cruelty' (not that I think it's ok to trust trailers completely but still that sentence might have some truth in it)

As for SGJ, honestly he is dumb and it irks me so much when we have show full of smart people like NS3, Dr Oh , Assistant Ji also NS who I believe is almost as smart and clever as his grandpa but the villain turns out to be dumb. I want perfect match. I don't know why SJG didn't appear at all in yesterday's episode after first few minuets.

12 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone ever question why or how David knew that JYH was the closest person/secretary to NS? I mean even mom didn't know who he was at that point so it wouldn't make sense for him to.

Also, since the line appeared more than once, perhaps the reason why NS doesn't like looking up at people is because he had to look up at his grandfather for a long time and developed some kind of trauma? NS acts like a bad guy but if you look closely there is a vulnerability in eyes that appears at times. I'm definitely not excusing that manhandling he does, but he seems like a kid pretending to be bad. I don't think everything is as black and white as most people are seeing it.

You said everything I was about to say. I did wonder when David said he knows Ji and that he is closest to him, like even his mom didn't know that much about his own son. But I thought at that time may be David spied on NS or whatever and got his pics and all since mom can't go. I like David, however I can't get over the fact that he betrayed Dr Oh for 20 years! I know his isn't bad but he is definitely not the type you should trust on. 

As for the second part I was just about to post NS obsession of not talking to someone who is standing. He looks like he genuinely hates it. I agree with you it's definitely related to grandpa. I believe he is genuinely not bad just insecure well A LOT. When NS3 came and jerked NS hand off So Bong, NS DID NOT react violently, his tone wasn't violent or full of anger at all as well. He totally looked weak and vulnerable at that point.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, tatusii said:

may i ask where do you watch that trailer.

can you send me the link..pretty please :blush::blush:

@tatusii Its a 7 min preview on DramaFever. 

At the beginning when you pause frame by frame around 0:39-0:40, it shows a person giving the heart necklace to another. I'm thinking the person giving it could be NS3 to NS as they switch, but now that I watch it the hand giving it looks small and feminine. :unsure::sweat_smile: We have already seen SB give it to NS3 at the hospital so why would she give it back to him again, unless it is like I thought NS3 giving to NS.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Never thought much of SKJ's acting. I found it more like just average (Suspicious Housekeeper, What Happened to my Family and Entourage) or downright bad (Hwajung). Didn't watch Cheese in the Trap though.

While watching this show, I was even thinking "ok, suits him to act like a robot coz his expressions are pretty much the same", UNTIL I saw the scene where NS was lying in bed and he watches as NS3 walks in, and then the two faces are placed side by side on screen. THAT was pretty amazing because it was like watching identical twins with different personalities and countenance (and not forgetting the fact that even identical twins will still have minute differences), yet we know it's actually one same person.

I think credit should be given not just to SKJ for portraying the distinctly different countenance for both characters but also to the makeup artist. You can see that NS3 has flawless skin while NS looks wan and haggard.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, butterflyeffect said:

I was initially wondering about David knowing  Ji as well . But now that we  know grandad has been sponsoring their work & the development of NS1,2,3 , I am not surprised that David knows everything about Shin including the people around him. 

While I understand everyone’s anger regarding Shin’s behaviour, i think there’s more to him than  the spoilt rude  brat he’s portrayed so far . I won’t let the preview fool me. Shin working for Seo could be a cover up. He could very well be employing grandad’s tactic - keep your friends close and your enemies closer . He won’t let Seo go for trying to kill him.

Am I the only one who is worried for my handsome Secretary Ji ? Something NS3 said in eps 11 struck me . He asked SB what will happen to him when real Shin wakes up ? This is a very interesting philosophical question . He’s questioning the purpose of his existence. For him it defined his identity. So if he is no longer of use , what will the future hold ? That was very nicely weaved in . So this leads me back to Ji . In the preview, is Ji struggling as well with the reason for his existence? It’s that why he’s telling old man , it’s him that deserves the position? Perhaps he’s finally tired of being the shadow especially when the one you have dedicated your entire being to is seemingly ungrateful. 

While I know everyone is looking forward to OTP romance ( NS3 & SB!!) , I am actually hoping even more that Ji will one day tell NS3, you can call me Hyung :w00t:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, diane90 said:

In the beginning I thought real NS is not a bad guy; He lied to his mom

that he didn't want living with her but with his grandpa...he just wanted protecting

his mom from chairman.

and after he made a scadal at airport just to find a way to go searching his mom...

But now, he changes his behaviors to become a real .................. jerk !!

How can he think and speak to people who did anything to save his life like that ????

especially to his mom ! If he's a good person; he should thank to NS3 to replace him

all the time being beside his mom and defend for his place in PK.

I think the writer changes the scripte : it's like that in korean drama, the story changes

following the viewers' reactions. Maybe the production saw the viewers like the love story

between NS3 & SB; so they make the real NS into bad guy so ... maybe they ' kill' him

in the end ???????

Like in ' The mirecle we met', the writer created a ' love story" to be between KHJ and the CEO but

it didn't work so she came back to her husband Kim Muyng Ming ...

So why many writers don't want pro-production !

This is a 100% pre-produced drama, so no, the writer didn't change the script. In my opinion, it's still too early to judge human Namshin's role and path... Let's wait and see. There might be more than meets the eye, under all that (quite understandable) anger and frustration.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, chubbz said:

I think credit should be given not just to SKJ for portraying the distinctly different countenance for both characters but also to the makeup artist. You can see that NS3 has flawless skin while NS looks wane and haggard.

I give the makeup artist credit for that, but one thing that bothers me is that they couldn’t color match at all... SKJ’s neck and face are never the same shade. It’s more noticeable on him because his neck is always a little red. But maybe I  pay too much attention to small details. lol

@triplem My bad, I meant in the drama. haha :P I’m not surprised if David knows everything either. I’m sure something related will come up though.

It will sure be a twist if JYH has a sudden character reversal but the preview could also be a red herring...

• Like 9

OMG I can't. I thought the show was almost ending when I started watching, and now I found out that there are many more episodes to come _(:з」∠)_ How am I supposed to survive this? 

I started watching out of boredom and curiousity but robot Nam Shin really grew on me. He's so open and kind, almost like a child, but goodlooking of course and very strong, also he can remote control random electronic equipment? This character is made out to be the perfect man, except he's a robot (or should I say it). It's interesting how I have been reading fanfiction about a man who was brainwashed and trained to act like a robot and is trying to break through conditioning to become human again, also how the game Detroit: Becoming Human has become really popular with my friends lately, it's like robots (androids?) wanting to become human has really become a theme all of a sudden.

It's slightly weird to watch the love story unfolding, because obviously robot Nam Shin does have feelings, or his calculations are so complicated they can mimic emotions and make him think and feel on a much more subtle level than everybody but the hyun and his girl seem to realize, even he himself keeps saying he doesn't have emotions, which is so weird, but in the end even if they should get a happily ever after, they could never be together like two humans could. They couldn't have sex or have children, have to go far away probably and hide, she'll get old and sick and die, he'll have problems with his parts and she won't be able to repair him and so on. Anyways this will probably end on a sad note since his brain is actually with the granddad who wants to make him a merchandise.

It was predictable that human Nam Shin, having grown up in the toxic environment he had and not really kind or caring, will be immediately jealous of the robot's relationship with his mother and also dislike him just for being like him, and probably even more for being like him but kinder and more likeable. I have no idea why anybody likes him like arrogant girl and his hyun do with all their heart, since he's obviously the kind of person who pushed everybody away in fear of being rejected or hurt and probably never shows kindness, having never received it in his home.

The initial plot was very awkward. What did the mother pretend to go along with their plan for if she was just going to yell and try to take away her child under the watchful eyes of dozens of ppl who can stop her? Why did she give up so easily? Why was she suddenly so interested in her child (who previously had pretty much been disowned since the grandfather was against her union with her husband) "get his due" at the grandfather's firm? Her characterization is really strange. And how does one not know where the computer behind a robot one's been working on for 20 years is? And who's paying? This was all exceedingly weird...

• Like 8

3 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Eng subbed preview:

"Kang So Bong is mine alone" :heart: :heart: :heart: embarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif   wow, I'm dying here. I lufff this couple. :wub:

I suspect NS will want to team up with Seo. I think he hates grandpa the most...who knows, they might think they have some shared goals...Hope the truth about his father's death is uncovered soon, that might be the turning point for him, and help Mom to get closer.

On a more superficial note, last episode left me impressed with the quality of music and cinematography. I love how the ending scene was filmed, the slow motion, the music, so thrilling! Btw, the scene where the two NS meet is also very well done, with NS spying on Roboshin through the window at the beginning, it feels so real and a bit unsettling how NS looks at him.

In any case, I like so much those stellar entrances of NS3, catwalk style. I don't mind if they end up every episode with one of those :joy:

Spoiler

• Like 9

Ohhhh, Nam Shin and his abandonment issues....

Of course he can't get close to his mom right away, he's a grown man with child-like emotions and tendencies. The trauma of being separated from his mother, his father suddenly dying and his grandfather threatening him to keep his mother alive has played a big role in him being the little brat he's turned out to be. No wonder YN likes him, they are pretty much the same.

However, KSB is such an X factor. In a few short months, she has turned an incredibly well developed AI robot into one that is now dealing with the nuances of the range of human emotions and relationships. I LOVE IT! I especially love with NS3 spends time with her family and friends. That has further developed him. He understands more clearly the relationship between a man and a woman, and how that differs from friendship. 

Some episode takeaways. 

- David working with haroboji, unbeknownst to Professor Oh

- NS waking up and then only telling Ye Na - This doesn't make sense, her father tried to kill him and may be behind his father's death.

- KSB ends up telling both the reporter and her father about NS3 [That was hilarious when she told her dad, by the way].

- The reporter feeling up NS3 and being caught by KSB's father was pure comedy.

- KSB being able to negotiate the kill switch from Professor Oh was brilliant.

- NS waking up and showing up unbeknownst to everyone at the meeting and still being a jerk.

- NS and KSB facing off and then NS3 coming in to save his woman and recognizing that maybe he is experiencing jealousy.

I am really looking forward to next week. I can't even say let the best man win, because then NS3 would be a shoe in. :glasses:

• Like 11

My comparison sheet is updated. Looks like both versions are (mostly) the same since last week. Episode 10 (DF version) only had the scene missing in which So Bong finds the note NS3 wrote her.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2