Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

6 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

@sal2, I'm giving NS the benefit of the doubt too, based on his past behavior, and also to give him time to recover from the shock and the utter mess that his life is (oh boy, I sooo don't envy him!). Bear with me, and let me know if you notice some kind of philosophical parallels about NS' life and what is happening in the story. You will understand why I think that, maybe, there's more than what we saw at the end:

1- Interestingly, NS has always had a dual identity, from the moment he lived with his grandpa. There is the image of him that he showed the world and he showed his family (the spoiled brat that's always in the tabloid, that knows nothing about managing a company, let alone being interested in leading a complex project like a self-driving car, there's the womanizer), and there is the real him, with the hidden agenda to find his mom, the real side of him that only Ji knows.

2- Like his grandpa, NS is actually always a step ahead. Nothing he does is random. When he looks as if he's losing it publicly (like the grandpa humiliating himself by pretending to have dementia), like when he slapped SB in front of the reporters, he was manipulating and playing everyone, including SB, and including secretary Ji too (who didn't know in which plane he was in).

3- All this makes me think that, even though the anger at the end of the episode might have been real, it might still have been something that NS is consciously using to manipulate those in the room. At the end of the day, he wants to have it his way with everyone.

4- Though he's unhappy about it, it's interesting to notice that NS realizes (when he wakes up) that his duality has actually taken on a physical form in real life, with the existence of NS3.

I'm stopping here to point out the irony of NS hating his grandpa, probably without realizing that he's exactly like him: Even if he fakes his bad behavior, he is really hurting those close to him, he hurts those he loves, and he mistreats people working for him, including women. He was mean to his cousin, just like the grandpa was mean to that same grandkid. He is a liar, just like his grandpa. He is manipulative, just like his grandpa. He is rebellious of authority, just like his grandpa.

The one thing he has that grandpa doesn't have, is NS3, who hopefully can be a mirror that shows him what his life can be like if he knows who to trust, and if he trusts more. Maybe, observing that, his wounds can start to heal?

Also, could someone help me with the translation? When SB confesses to NS, does she say that she "likes" him (which I think is what she says), or does she say that she "loves" him? (I don't remember hearing the word "sarang," but I'm still in shock and my brain is barely hanging on, and I'm not fluent in Korean.) I'm asking this because I'm trying to figure out if she knows what type of love she has for NS3.

For me "sarang" is the type that comes with, at some point, a love that also manifests with physically (kissing, etc.). Errrr, I don't want my mind to go there, I'm so not ready for all the questions ad answers that it raises if this is with NS3. If it's how she feels, then it's too bittersweet for me, because of the factor of impossibility that is also in the picture. Can one person fall in love with an AI? How does that work? What future is there? How does it look like, growing old together? What is the real place of an AI in human society, especially if we consider that AIs have rights that need to be respected, too?

If her love for NS3 is platonic (again my question is, does she know what kind of "like" she feels for him?), I'm also curious what it means for the rest of her life (I want NS3 to stick around).

She says "like", but it's to be expected in Korean: you don't usually use the verb "saranghada" in public, especially in front of your superiors. You only use it in front of other people if you are simply joking or saying it ironically, 'cause "sarang" is deep, unwavering love, something intimate that you don't mention lightly. In Japanese this "rule" is even stricter: "aishiteru" is rarely used, and NEVER in public, except during the wedding vows. It carries a heavy emotional weight, and that tends to embarrass the (very socially-shy and akward) Japanese...

Sobong said "jowayo" twice and added "unconditionally" 'cause he wanted N3 to get that it was actually "sarang" she was talking about.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

it was definitely human NS in the last scene of ep 12 - he wasn’t wearing NS-III’s battery watch when he flung so bong’s hand away. 

wishing only the best to the innocent android NS-III... it was heartbreaking that he realised that his existence was closely dependent on his usefulness to the human race.... while on the other hand no human needs a reason to exist. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jerboa83 said:

She says "like", but it's to be expected in Korean: you don't usually use the verb "saranghada" in public, especially in front of your superiors. You only use it in front of other people if you are simply joking or saying it ironically, 'cause "sarang" is deep, unwavering love, something intimate that you don't mention lightly.

Thank you so much for explaining, it gives me a much better understanding of the scene. I'm not giving up on learning Korean one day, and understanding more than a few words here and there. :)

@nooneor, the second line of stills (horizontally) makes me a bit sad, because it looks as if NS3 (?) ran out of juice, as if his battery died or was taken out. The "Sweet Dreams" on his jacket adds to my feeling that it's telling us he's asleep (hopefully not forever).

I think I might be sad when the show ends, but will still be thinking about all the questions it raised in my mind. :tears:

• Like 8

Hello, I'm new here. I love this drama. I was so surprise with the last episode and I keep watching it. Suddenly, I have this theory. 

Maybe...just maybe...NS and NS3 already switch place long time ago. Why? If last ep is really NS, then NS can pretend as NS3 well. When SB comes to him, he smile just like NS3 did. But then...blood?

Did u remember the scene when NS3 will save SB at the wedding? NS3 take off the watch from his wrist and he did not go off. The watch is the battery right? Or am I wrong? 

Last thing.... At the meeting to discuss Medical car, notice that when the chairman walk into the room, sec Ji n NS look at each other then NS just nod. It feels like they have plan something. Maybe NS and NS3 switch before the meeting. Idk.. At first sight, I know that is strange... The way NS nod to sec Ji. Doesn't feel like NS3 to me..

Anyway...I just want to share my thoughts. I just love this drama so much that I ignore other drama that I love before this

• Like 9

@lilyphenix admire2 onion headI really loved reading your analysis about NS and your comparison with the grandfather, NGH. good job onion head Now, I can see the purpose of NS3 in NS's life: change him so that he doesn't remain like his NGH for the rest of his life: giving back his humanity. To me, it looks like NS had already planned to go to the presentation and they are working together.

I noticed that after NS3 heard about NS regaining consciousness, three days passed just before the presentation. SB's friend said that she spent the weekend without saying anything. During these 3 days, NS3 and NS must have met.

Notice that NS was kind of cold, when he replied to SB: "How can you like me?" With such a distant and cold behaviour, he actually ensures that SB is not confused about the person she likes and loves.  

Don't you find it strange that YN switched on her cellphone, when she definitely knew that her father would use her cellphone in order to track her? In my opinion, YN was involved in the plan to deceive her father Seo. When she mentioned to him that what he was looking for is at the office for the presentation, she knew that NS was there. NS must have heard what YN said, when she cried. From my point of view, in the beginning of the episode NS's words: "Try acting like me all you want. In the end, he will get caught because he'll be different from me. Once I wake up, it'll all be over". He knew that NS3 would be caught, hence he needed to make sure that NS3 would stop acting like him... notice that NS actually did what he said in the beginning. He stopped Seo from discovering the truth. Striking is that he let Seo bring the robot NS1 in front of his mother. Seo described NS1 as a monster in front of ORR and somehow his words did hurt her. 

The kill switch disappeared... did mother hide it somewhere else or did NS with NS3's help to hide it? I can imagine NS's frustration and anger, when he realizes that the robot who replaces him is about to be discarded... He was surrounded by people who never respected him and his decisions: he was in a prison and so is NS3. NS must have felt that NS3 was treated in a similar way.

@vangsweetie637 @jerboa83 @USAFarmgirl 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

i think SB gave her necklace to human NS instead in the preview. im actually confused

• Like 4

Awww those stills! :wub:  This couple is..:rolleyes:

but the middle one scares me. Did his battery run out or was the kill switch activated? :crazy:

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

@nooneor, the second line of stills (horizontally) makes me a bit sad, because it looks as if NS3 (?) ran out of juice, as if his battery died or was taken out. The "Sweet Dreams" on his jacket adds to my feeling that it's telling us he's asleep (hopefully not forever).

Kang So Bong will take out his battery based on the preview. Maybe she will try to save him?

So many lovey dovey scenes for todays episode and this scares me like something big is coming...

Prepare everyone todays episode will be a rollercoaster :neutral:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If anyone had any doubts who it was at the ending of the last episode, 

edit:

new still(s)~

I love this drama so much. I have not concerned any drama recently but this drama ^^ 

Although I also have breaking heart because love between them (human and robot) 

I like NS3 character although he is only robot. I think if I can meet someone can be so kind of me as NS3, I can be falling ^^

I dont know what the end of this drama is, I like NS3 but love between NS3 and So Bong is not results :(

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lilyphenix admire2 onion headI really loved reading your analysis about NS and your comparison with the grandfather, NGH.  

@bebebisous33 Merci! :D I'm still processing everything that you wrote (I'm planning on watching the episode again), and never thought of NS' coldness toward SB as a way to not confuse her more. That is very thoughtful.). I'm really going to miss this show when it's over. I love all the actors, and have a special fondness for SB's dad (Kim Won-Ae in all his past roles and the current), who is so skilled at providing a comic relief, and beyond that who is just a really good, intense actor. Seo Kang-Joon obviously amazes me. I confess that every time he plays NS3, I observe him very carefully to see if there is something that gives away his humanity (pumping vein in the neck, uncontrollable eye movement, blushing or not): nothing. Except when his eyes are a little bit red (I'm assuming because of the colored contact lenses?), he has such a great control of his micro-expressions and of his body, down to the way he blinks and moves. I admire his dedication to the role and the preparation that went into it.

How will the writer continue to handle this story? How many more twists? What's the cure to my frazzled heart when I think of NS3's future? This show is keeping me on my toes (and I'm lovin' it!)! :w00t:

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, st12 said:

NS3 take off the watch from his wrist and he did not go off. The watch is the battery right? Or am I wrong? 

That wasn't the battery watch, but the manual control device. NS3 took it off so that his mom wouldn't be able to interfere with him saving SB.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

@bebebisous33 Merci! :D I'm still processing everything that you wrote (I'm planning on watching the episode again), and never thought of NS' coldness toward SB as a way to not confuse her more. That is very thoughtful.). I'm really going to miss this show when it's over. I love all the actors, and have a special fondness for SB's dad (Kim Won-Ae in all his past roles and the current), who is so skilled at providing a comic relief, and beyond that who is just a really good, intense actor. Seo Kang-Joon obviously amazes me. I confess that every time he plays NS3, I observe him very carefully to see if there is something that gives away his humanity (pumping vein in the neck, uncontrollable eye movement, blushing or not): nothing. Except when his eyes are a little bit red (I'm assuming because of the colored contact lenses?), he has such a great control of his micro-expressions and of his body, down to the way he blinks and moves. I admire his dedication to the role and the preparation that went into it.

How will the writer continue to handle this story? How many more twists? What's the cure to my frazzled heart when I think of NS3's future? This show is keeping me on my toes (and I'm lovin' it!)! :w00t:

I absolutely agreed with you, I am attracted by Seo Kang-Joon's acting skill, Every expressions made me melting especial his smile ^^

when he showed coldness also be manly :D

Seo Kang-Joon will be great actor in the future :)

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

Seo Kang-Joon obviously amazes me. I confess that every time he plays NS3, I observe him very carefully to see if there is something that gives away his humanity (pumping vein in the neck, uncontrollable eye movement, blushing or not): nothing. Except when his eyes are a little bit red (I'm assuming because of the colored contact lenses?), he has such a great control of his micro-expressions and of his body, down to the way he blinks and moves. I admire his dedication to the role and the preparation that went into it.

SKJ’s irises are naturally light coloured, like GSY’s are :)

In my opinion coloured lenses distract from actors’ true expressions... and in SKJ’s case you can see everything. From the behind the scenes clips he seemed tired so that could explain why his eyes are red. I saw his lower eyelid twitching at the end of the last episode. Probably unintentional but it will be funny if it turned out to be NS3. lol 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

SKJ’s irises are naturally light coloured, like GSY’s are :)

I was wondering, thank you! Beautiful eyes! :D:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I don't think human Shin appeared anywhere before this last scene. As in preview ji asks him why he didn't tell him he is up. The medi car presentation was all given by NS3. Also I think david and NS3 were the only one who knew NS is up. Tbh NS face when he sees NS3 in the preview is hilarious , poor boy can't get over the shock he has a twin robot. 

@lilyphenix your comparison of NS and grandpa is excellent. While I do think they are similar however I do believe their intentions are different. NGH is pure evil, driven by greed, he manipulate people for the sake of his greed. Where as NS is probably just a depressed person with an extremely bitter personality who just wants to run away from people. Like someone said above he really needs therapy, he has got quite some attitude. 

To be honest NS is quite smart, I think grandpa underestimated him big time, he is probably the only person in this drama who managed to fool grandpa (by appearing suddenly at the end). Like NGH he is also one step ahead of everyone.

Also the scene in the trailer where he is running away and then is surrounded by granpa's guards I wonder what happened there. I don't think it's some sort of flashback :crazy:

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

While I do think they are similar however I do believe their intentions are different. NGH is pure evil, driven by greed, he manipulate people for the sake of his greed. Where as NS is probably just a depressed person with an extremely bitter personality who just wants to run away from people.

Re: Evil Grandpa. That is so true, he actually scares me a bit. I'm wondering how far he'd go to get what he wants.

On that note, though David has my sympathy because of how much he cares for his "son" NS3, I was surprised by how quickly he covered the gangster's death (the who tried to kill NS), getting rid of all the cameras in record time, etc. That man's death was a little too convenient, and I think it was ordered (thinking this because he found and paid off the hit and run driver so quickly, before NS3 could even access any surrounding cameras.). David almost seemed like he'd had to deal with that type of situations before. There is also the fact that he's colluding with the grandpa, and has basically been lying for twenty years to NS' mom about where the funds for the research are coming from. Though he likes NS3 and the mom so much, and he's officially doing all that he does in the name of Science, how much can we trust him? Is he hiding something else? Does he know anything about what happened to NS' dad? Was he already working with the mom before the dad died, or did he use that opportunity (with the grandpa) to motivate the mom to spend 100% of her time working on making the perfect robot?

I like him, so that thought makes me a bit uncomfortable. Could David be a nice man... with a bit of dark side?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lilyphenix said:

Re: Evil Grandpa. That is so true, he actually scares me a bit. I'm wondering how far he'd go to get what he wants.

On that note, though David has my sympathy because of how much he cares for his "son" NS3, I was surprised by how quickly he covered the gangster's death (the who tried to kill NS), getting rid of all the cameras in record time, etc. That man's death was a little too convenient, and I think it was ordered (thinking this because he found and paid off the hit and run driver so quickly, before NS3 could even access any surrounding cameras.). David almost seemed like he'd had to deal with that type of situations before. There is also the fact that he's colluding with the grandpa, and has basically been lying for twenty years to NS' mom about where the funds for the research are coming from. Though he likes NS3 so much, and he's officially doing all that he does in the name of Science, how much can we trust him? Is he hiding something else? Does he know anything about what happened to NS' dad? Was he already working with the mom before the dad died, or did he use that opportunity (with the grandpa) to motivate the mom to spend 100% of her time working on making the perfect robot?

I like him, so that thought makes me a bit uncomfortable. Could David be a nice man... with a bit of dark side?

No, you are wrong. It was NGH who ordered the hit on the hitman with the tattoo snake. He also made sure that all the traces of the kidnapping had disappeared. When David met NGH in the secret room with the servers (NS3's brain), he asked the chairman if he was behind the death of the killer to which the CEO agreed. He had to ensure that the existence of NS3 is not discovered. Moreover, David's question underlined that he knows NGH pretty well. He is well aware that NGH would do anything for the company. His question implied that NGH had done something similar in the past.

To me, although David is not related to NS and NS3, he is the only one who thinks of them. When he talked in front of NS who was in the coma wondering who was more pitiful (NS or NS3) shows that he views them as "precious", as children who are overlooked by their relatives and friends.

On the other hand, I am more curious to know why David decided to support the grandfather, when he knows what kind of a scary person he can be...

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

On the other hand, I am more curious to know why David decided to support the grandfather, when he knows what kind of a scary person he can be...

Thank you for correcting me, my memory got mixed up there (Grandpa being the one ordering the hit), and you've restored my full faith in David! :lol: Now I can't help but wonder why I see evil everywhere. I've become too suspicious of everyone working for the grandpa in this story... :tears:

About your quote above and David, I think it's because all the money that the grandpa gave him for the robot NS project was the chance of a lifetime for a scientist his caliber. He seems to have a pure love for what he does, and it's possible that to his eyes he's supporting his own work (seeing how far science can go) more than he's supporting the grandfather? At the end of the day, if he has to choose between saving an innocent NS3 from total destruction or betraying the the grandfather, there is a chance he might try to save NS3?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

Colored lenses? Why should he wear them? Light brown is notoriously his natural (pretty rare for an East Asian) color, like Gong Seung Yeon's...

• Like 6